Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Deck of Cards : A Rebellion ♦♣♥♠

Back to Guilds

Would you like to join a team of special forces in their aim to take down a dictatorship? 

Tags: organization/army 

Reply A Deck of Cards
A Deck of Cards : A Rebellion ♦♣♥♠ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Mistress Dizzy

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Devika wandered into the room, sheer top wrapped around her broad shoulders. She was a rather heavyset girl, and had a beaming smile that showed dimples in her full cheeks. "Afternoon, everyone." She spread her hands as she walked into the room, and subtle, invisible power flowed from her fingertips. Whoever was in the room would feel a slight lift in mood and energy, like a little bit of caffeine, or a catnap.

She took her place with the other Faces, and munched on an apple she'd brought with her. It was a side effect of her particular power set. She liked to eat just as much as the next person, but overuse of her empathy skills caused her to get hungry, real quick. So she was solid muscle and fat- and learning to be okay with that.

"So what's this grand meeting all about? Anyone know?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Cathryn walked into the meeting room, noticing a good amount of the Cards had already arrived. She cursed herself for waiting on her older brother instead of going to the meeting alone. After all, they did have separate rooms, what was the point of waiting? She just brushed it off. Then, she proceeded to take a seat. She waved to the others present at the meeting.

-----------

Okay, so it wasn't totally Lukas' fault for being a little late to the meeting. His room had been a bit messy lately and he stupidly lost his tablet somewhere in the room. It turned out to be under his pillow. Okay, maybe it was all his fault, but it's not like Cathryn had to wait on him. Sometimes, he wondered why Cathryn had to act like the older sibling. He shrugged it off and took a seat, watching the other Cards do whatever it was they were doing as he focused on shutting off his emotion-reading powers which he didn't like using full-time as it felt like an invasion of privacy. Soon, the invisible halos that only appeared to him disappeared over the heads of the Cards. These halos helped him interpret a person's emotions. Halos would appear in different colors, each representing a different emotion. The intensity of the color showed the intensity of the emotion. If a person felt mixed emotions, the halo would be split up into different colors.

PebbleDrop856

Durem Vampire

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TkieSai

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm

The queens of Diamonds and Clubs giggled at the red headed teen.
"We will, we will!" Hi smiled.
"We always draw!" Which is true. They even drew on their cards that show their ranks. Don't worry though. They just used crayon that can easily be 'washed' off and just drew on the back of the cards.
The two didn't mind being treated like children. They are technically still children, according to the law anyways.
((ShortTT^TT))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Davion smiled and waved. "Hello Devika." He smiled as he felt his mood lighten and gazed at her. "You know that we have no idea yet." He said shaking his head softly. "You just missed it though, Kimei and Atia have started their ignoring war for this afternoon." He chuckled and greeted Lukas and Cathryn.

Atia glared at Davion and looked to Davika. "I don't know, but I wish to soon." She glanced away and back at Axel, then stared down at her tablet. She was waiting until the one that really could get under her nerves walked in. The he did walk in. "You are late." She muttered under her breath to Lukas.

beleiveimgothnprttyalil

Gracious Shapeshifter

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Partygoer 500

PebbleDrop856

Durem Vampire

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Cathryn looked towards Davion and said," Hi Davion. How have you been?"

-----------

Lukas looked at Atia. Before he had shut off his powers, he noticed the glint of red on her emotion halo. Red usually meant anger, annoyance, etc. He didn't pay attention close enough to identify the shade of red that indicated which. He knew this irritated her, his powers of being able to read emotions. Not like I chose which powers I wanted drugged into me, he thought. He said," Good afternoon to you too Atia. And relax a bit, meeting hasn't started yet. Besides, you look better in brown." Obviously, he was talking about his color spectrum of emotions, where a brown color indicated relaxation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm
beleiveimgothnprttyalil Wrote:

Devika smiled a bit at Davion. "Ah, so it begins again." She could feel the silent tension between Kimei and Atia brewing, and she slowly, carefully tuned it out. She could fix it- her powers were strong enough to override their feud and make them the best of friends... it would last a while, maybe a few hours. But she knew that'd be violating their privacy.

So she munched her snack and settled back and waited. She didn't acknowledge the Joker any differently than she did anyone else.

Mistress Dizzy

Fashionable Genius

beleiveimgothnprttyalil

Gracious Shapeshifter

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Atia flushed in embarrassment and her poker-face cracked a bit. She was definitely flustered, but spoke angrily. "You know I can't stand it when you do that." Her voice was low, but loud enough so he could hear it. She looked at him and her poker-face was back up once more, the color fading from her cheeks.

Davion chuckled to Devika's statement and smiled to Cathryn. "Well and yourself?" He liked conversations with Cathryn. They were easy to carry on unlike some people - Atia.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:22 pm

Cathryn said,"I've been well enough. Apologies for my lateness to the meeting, some people just love holding up others. So, nervous about the meeting?" Despite being a Face Card, she still felt weird about meetings. Feeling like one day, they'd be about her being demoted from the Cards although she never heard that happen before. I guess the thing about the Jack might count as a demotion, but that had much more complications. In her mind, she knew she couldn't exactly be replaced, but doubts still filled her. Which explained why she tried so hard in anything the rebellion put her up to.

-----------

Lukas replied," Always a ray of sunshine you are Atia. You know I really had no choice in powers. And be satisfied I decided to turn off that power for the meeting. Like I would need them to see your emotion right now. Can't we just try to get along for one meeting, then you can go back to hating the doctors for giving me this power?"

PebbleDrop856

Durem Vampire

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lilicakes
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Chariclo pushed open the door slowly.
He was late. The word rang throughout his head, and he hoped the others couldn't detect the 'late' flurry coating his mind, because that'd be really annoying too.
"Heya...Anything I miss as of yet?" He asked, waving sheepishly to the others as he took his seat.

((Worst entrance ever? Not sure... e ^ e;; *strokes nonexistent beard*))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Atia stayed poker faced and spoke back. "If I'm a ray of sunshine then you're the rain cloud." She crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair. "I suppose I can try."

Davion nodded."I'm always nervous for meetings." He fiddles with his thumbs, something he did to be patient. "Are you?"

beleiveimgothnprttyalil

Gracious Shapeshifter

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Partygoer 500

Kimei Joanna
Captain

Benevolent Vampire

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 pm

"Everyone, if I may have your attenion," said the Queen of Hearts cooly as she stood behind the Joker's chair. NOBODY sat in the Joker's chair unless you were the Joker. NOBODY. Even someone pretending to be the Joker. She picked up the tablet, "I would like to begin now." Kimei waited for everyone to finish their conversations before she began.

"Now, I've called you all here for a very important matter. Everyone here knows of the northern rebels and the Wilden, of course." Alongside the Cards, there were two other major rebellions: the northern rebels and the Wilden. Nobody really liked the Wilden--and they didn't like government for that matter; they believed in "fend for yourself" and all that; they were only tolerated because they had been able to gain land from Estan in recent years. "We're going to wipe out the Wilden. They've crossed the line, begun a war with the northern rebels, and personally attacked us. I'm sure everyone here knows of the recent report of two of our cards having gone missing, one being the last Jack of Diamonds." She couldn't help it as she looked towards the Jack's chair, quickly turning her eyes away. Kimei happened to notice that others had also glanced toward the chair, and she found herself looking at each of their faces individually before she turned to the screen behind the chair, "We have a video clip for you." She touched her tablet and the video pulled up on the screen, the room growing dark as she stepped out of the way.

It began with a Wilden leader speaking to them about how they would create the perfect world--speaking in the Wilden language,naturally, though there were subtitles at the bottom--and how they would take over Estan, then they would destroy the northern rebels and the Isle of the Cards. Then the scene shifted, and it showed a total of seventeen people. Two wore official mission bodysuits of the Cards, both males. There were four northern rebels, all in official uniforms, and the remaining eleven were obviously citizens of Estan. All were on their knees, hands tied behind their backs and bags over their heads. One by one, the Wilden removed the bags from the people's faces. There was the familiar bright red hair of the Jack of Diamonds, alongside the Nine of Diamonds. The Joker kept her eyes down on her tablet as various things were done to each person onscreen, cruel things that nobody should ever have to speak of, much less witness, and even less experience. Those who were still alive at the end of the torture session were beheaded. The Joker had watched the video alongside the higher ups when it had first arrived, and didn't wish to watch it again. The screen went dark and the lights turned on. Kimei resumed her position behind the chair, "...We will crush the Wilden and take the lands they have stolen from Estan. We are now fighting against Estan and the Wilden. That is all for today. You are dismissed. Oh, and please remember that today is supposed to be a happy day, as it is Reinette's birthday; please join us this evening at the Tiki Tavern for her party." Kimei walked out of the room after that.

The Joker stood, sighing quietly. She was sure that one of her face cards would probably drag her out to the party if she didn't go herself, so she had a few things to take care of before any of them could grab her. She headed for her room, pausing by the door to change the password into her room as she usually did every few days, then she headed in, walking directly to her dresser. She glanced at the calender that rest on top of her dresser; today was the twenty-fourth day of the last month. December 24th. Her eyes roamed to the twenty-fifth. The words were written in tiny letters, but they were there: "My birthday." She then let her eyes go to the twenty-sixth. "Father's death anniversary." She sighed quietly and then she pulled a few things out of her dresser, placing them on the edge of her bed.

The Joker sat down at her desk, removing her gun from where she kept it in it's holster on her back, hidden by the baggy sweaters she usually wore. She disassembled and reassembled it twice, then she stored it in the gun case that she kept under the desk, resetting the combination lock on the case. She removed her dagger from inside her boot, cleaned it, then put it away. She then got up and headed for the bathroom, where she proceeded to change clothes.

Reinette had carefully selected her partners for this mission. The King of Hearts, Davion, the Jack of Clubs, Chariclo, and finally, the King of Diamonds, Lukas. "This is going to be a tricky mission," Reinette said as she led her team into the room, creeping towards the platform elevator. Once everyone was on, she entered something on the keyboard. "Just remember, we want our target alive at all costs. And hopefully in a bikini." They had arrived at the door; Reinette knocked. "Joker! Come on! You're coming to the party whether you like it or not!" "Come in," came the Joker's voice. Reinette arched an eyebrow, suspecting a trap, but she opened the door anyway and stepped into the Joker's room. "Woah," she gasped. The Joker's room looked waaay too girlish for it to belong to the Joker. The Joker appeared a moment later, her hair pinned up and colored black--it was temporary dye, would come out easily. Naturally, if she would be mingling with Number Cards, she would put on some kind of disguise. She was wearing a one piece, and she had on a blue see-through wrap around her waist. "I suspected you would come sooner or later," she said casually, "So I got ready." "...Well," said Reinette, "That was easier than expected."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm

So, a beach birthday party after the horrible video of watching some comrades get brutally killed? Yep, a normal thing around here with the face card.
"Ooh ooh, I wanna play with those people!" Luna said childishly.
"Yeah! I wanna play tag!" Hi said shortly after words. The face cards here should know that they mean by this game of 'tag' the two twins were talking about. Their innocent sounding game was defiantly not innocent at all. It is a deadly game of tag.

TkieSai

Hilarious Genius

x Ultamania x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 am

After watching that video of one of his comrades being killed, Axel could feel the blood boil inside him. He was known to get angry easily, but he had every right too. But when Kimei mentioned Reinette's birthday, he calmed down a bit.
He usually isn't the type of person to go to parties, but since there was no one else to celebrate her birthday except for the cards here, he mind as well. They only had each other in this world and they had to support each other however they can.
Axel turned the tablet off and left it on the table in front of him. He had a few of his own and he also had his computer which he could kill the time on. And also several books to read. Axel always found things to keep himself entertained, which is often why he never really hung out with any of the other cards unless he was really bored, which happens more than he would like.
Axel stood up and stretched slightly. Guess he should go home and get ready huh? He made his way back to his room and put on casual clothes, just trunks and a shirt. He usually wouldn't dress like this but the occassion called for it and he didn't want to come dress up in something he didn't want to get wet because he knew someone will get him in the water or get him wet. And by someone he meant the twins, Luna and Hi. They annoyed him so much that he just doesn't care anymore and got used to it. Well that's what you should expect from kids such as themselves.
Axel sighed and made his way over towards the required location.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Halfway through the video, Chariclo had to turn his eyes away from the screen.
He couldn't stand to watch people being harmed, partially because sometimes, like this, it was undeserved and unneeded. But, most of the time, it was because he couldn't watch people getting hurt as bad as the prisoners on screen were, the sight of blood always put him off.

As the last thump from the video echoed around the room, and as talk of party started up, he looked up from the floor and back to his fellow cards.
While he attended many parties, he always ended up regretting it afterwards due to the headaches the loud music often gave him. He paused, thinking about it. It was Reinette they were talking about, and she was all sorts of awesome, and it'd be much more insulting to not attend her party as compared to some random card's party...
Looked like he'd be nursing a headache later. Oh well.
~~~

The brunette raised his eyes as their leader for this mission debriefed them, as they entered the elevator. He raised an eyebrow at the bikini line, were they saving some beach victim, or were they stealing a girl for the party?...

Oh.
The Joker...
Duh. Chariclo mentally slapped himself before following the others into their leader's room. The view he was presented was far more different from what he'd expected, it was...Girly, really girly. He wondered if it was a guise and that hidden somewhere in the room was the entrance to her actual room? He'd heard a few cards had done that before.

She stepped out of what he assumed to be her bathroom...Looking quite similar to Kimei, actually! She'd prepared beforehand because she had a feeling they'd drop by at some point in time, which made things a whole lot easier on the four.
"Mhm..." He replied, stuffing his hands into his pockets, a bit annoyed.
Well, at least she was alive, and in a swimsuit. Awkwardly, he coughed into his hand. "Well, um, I'll be getting ready. Adios."

Lilicakes
Vice Captain

Kimei Joanna
Captain

Benevolent Vampire

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm

"Bye!" Reinette called to Chariclo, waving. She turned back to watch the Joker as she watched the woman pick up a small silver box from her desk, offering it to the girl. Reinette accepted it, thanked her, and then they headed out for the Tiki Tavern. Reinette did not like loud music simply because she didn't like most music--her favorite was classical, but she'd settled for pop. Pretty much everyone would end up on the beach sooner or later anyway. Reinette set the box on a table with a few other boxes from other cards and then went to mingle. She'd chosen a pale pink one-piece with adorable frills, and her ankle-length blonde curls were pulled into low twin buns; it suited her, though it made her look younger than she was (not that that was hard to do, since the girl looked like she was twelve).

The Joker found herself a corner of the Tiki Tavern and sat down, crossing her legs as she watched those present. She had pulled her hair over one shoulder, and she had a blue flower in her hair that matched the swimsuit. She could easily pull off being Kimei if she was sitting; standing was another matter entirely. The Joker stood five inches shorter than Kimei at an even 5'3", whereas Kimei was 5'8". Not to mention the fact that the Joker's eyes were bluish-green as compared to Kimei's gray eyes. With these few faults, she looked like a replica of Kimei; could pass off as her sister if she tried.

A Deck of Cards

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff