Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]
[JRP] Traveling Lions (Huritt x Kurogoke)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:09 am
User Image

Huritt lifted his head, allowing the breeze to shift through his mane. Their journey across the land left tales on his pads through different calluses. It seemed almost too long ago that he stumbled through the mud only to be saved by Kurogoke. He grimaced at the memory of a thousand little hairs being plucked from his hide because of the mud's weight. Thankfully, they were moving to a less sticky landscape.

He inhaled deeply, noticing the changes brought by the cooler environment. The crisp air infused new energy to his tiring limbs. Not that Huritt was lazy, but he enjoyed taking his time, admiring his surrounds. In all honesty, he wished the journey could last longer. He was anxious because of this new pride life. He's never known what it would be like to have a family or be in a pride. His siblings were separated at a young age, forcing Huritt to grow up by himself. He shook his head, trying to clear away his thoughts. No need to worry about things.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 pm
User Image

It was a hard thing for Kurogoke to do, but she knew it was no longer safe where she once called home. The fire had destroyed most everything, and there was nothing left. She felt lost, and didn't know what else to do. After helping find some of the lost Jini-msemi cubs and juves, she had dragged Huritt back up where the pride had moved. He was starting to become more her strength than he would ever know.

Which brought her back to Huritt... Where was he? She must have been not paying attention while walking that she had misplaced him. Her eyes scanned the area and she gave a small sigh. They weren't quite where they were suppose to be, but almost there. The air had changed drastically since they had started their little journey, and now that the swamps were gone, and it was now slowly becoming tress that looked different, rocks, and becoming very dry.

"Huritt?" She spoke his name hoping that he'd pop out around from a rock. If not, she'd have to search for him the way she had come. Honestly, she didn't know how she could have gotten here without him. It was a painful thing for her, yet he made it better. "Don't tell me you got lost?" She said with a giggle at the end.

Blu Chalk

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:02 pm

He wandered through the trees, lost in his own thoughts. His attention was else where so when he heard his name, he jolted as if snapping awake. For a split second he couldn't remember where he was before everything flooded back. Kurogoke. His ears tilted until they picked up her foot steps. He wasn't far off, but the dense foliage seemed to separate them like a wall. Pushing through the brushes, he emerged to her side. A few leaves and twigs cling to his mane which fell to the ground with a couple good shakes.

A grin tugged at his lips as he stepped up to her flank, pressing his body into hers in a reassuring manner. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize I had wandered off."
He chuckled, "Good thing I have you looking out for me." Things have been hard for her and he wished there was more for him to do. Huritt couldn't relate to the feeling of devastation from losing family and loved ones. He was not connected to the pride as she was, but her feelings permeated within him. These emotions were awkward and foreign so in troubled times he relied on humor. "So, I've finally come up with a new name." They traveled for a while, so he used the time to think of something good. He'd have to leave his old name behind, which was a rather strange concept, but he'll accept new adventures to be Kurogoke.

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 pm
She couldn't help but let a smile cross her face when she saw him. A breath of relief went through her. She didn't know what she'd do if he had gotten lost. "If I didn't, who would?" She said with a small chuckle. Her eyes beamed, but she didn't know it. He might not have been from the swamp lands, but her memory with him there was what made her see him as part of her last connection to the place. Perhaps years later, it'll be back to how it was before the fire.

"Oh? Come out with it." she demanded in a teasing way. She had forgotten her name she had before joining the pride. It almost seemed like it was a lifetime since then, another life that wasn't hers. Though, something made her wish she could tell him her first name, she gave him a smile. "What shall I be calling you now?" She asked.

Blu Chalk

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 am

Huritt paused for dramatic effect, letting the anticipation build for a minute before belting out "Misaeahanu! It means 'The White Sun Laughs'." He turned his head towards Kurogoke, searching her face for approval. "I think it's rather fitting...don't you think?" In all honesty, he didn't understand why members had to change their name. Though, he guessed being metaphorically 'born' as a new lion was interesting. Then having a new name did sort of make sense... even if he won't really change as a person. Growth, he nodded, yes, he'll grow into a new lion. At least he could do that. Of course, he couldn't get rid of the old him.

He laughed and padded forward, excited as a cub being let out of the den for the first time. His nostrils flared as he took in the cool air. "We're almost there, correct?" Hopefully, they'll reach the new pride and he'll finally be able to rest.

[ Lady Kiya ]
SPRING BREAK WOOOOO!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:23 pm
She did quite like his new name, it made her giggle a little bit. "It certainly fits you perfectly!" She admitted. There was many things that she didn't quite understand when she first came upon the Jini'msemi, but that was exactly the things she had grown to love. She moved around him and looked about.

"It seems we are almost there!" She had seen other lions go this way, anyways. And it smelled like they were getting closer, she could smell some things that were familiar from home. Not home, but where they were before. She'd have to remind herself, this was her new home. She'd never seen snow in person, until recently, and it was something quite wonderfully cold.

She was half excited, half scared of the new home. "We'll be settled before night fall!" She said with a smile. She didn't want him to see her unease, but she wasn't sure if she could too well. She was never good at hiding things.

Blu Chalk
Yay

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 am

Huritt-- correction-- Misaeahanu beamed at Kurogoke's words. He didn't want to make it obvious how much her opinion affected him, but she liked his new name and it just made him happy. He circled back towards her and nuzzled her side. The blood coursing through his body rejuvenated with fresh energy. He'd skip the rest of the way he was that excited. Of course he wouldn't since he'd look foolish, but the intention was there.

He caught Kurogoke's own excitement before worry crept into her body. Misa bumped her with his backside in a playful manner. "The first thing I'm going to do is flop in the snow." He's seen hints of snow and cold things on their way up, but not enough for his whole body to become consumed like the mud in the swamps. "Then we can find a nice place to eat and sleep." Oh, sleeping would be so nice. They wouldn't have to worry about the journey any more, a full night of sleep without any stress.

He glanced down and noted how the ground dipped a bit from use. It seemed that others also used this path, which was good news. They were heading in the right direction. Not that he doubted Kurogoke's guidance, but the extra conformation had him thinking about skipping again. "Do you think the queen will like me?" He cocked an eyebrow. Misa wasn't really concerned, but conversation passed the time quicker.

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:41 pm
She made a squeak from his bump, unexpected playful bump. She pushed him with her paw with a giggle. All her worry disappeared for now. With him there, it was hard to let anything bother her. She just felt like nothing could go wrong. She gave him a funny face before hopping over a medium sized rock. She'd never seen so many rocks in one place before, but then again, this was the first mountain she attempted to go up.

She giggled at him. "It'd do better on you than some mud" she admitted. Though snow was quite cold, would it make a good bed? She'd find out soon. "I am kinda hungry" She said with a nod.

"Of course she will, what isn't there to like?!" Silly Hur---Misaeahanu. He was funny, and just all around great. No one could dislike him, at least that's how she saw it.

Blu Chalk

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 pm

He couldn't help but laugh while she made a face. Misa never enjoyed seeing her upset and he was a little prideful in the fact that his personality could maker her happy. He bounced forward, avoiding the rock that Kurogoke jumped over. It seems he wasn't the only one super excited to finally see their new home.

Jokingly he suggested, "I'm sure there's some young cub that wouldn't mind fetching us some food." He puffed out his chest and snarled, "They couldn't say no to this face." His eyes glanced towards Kurogoke before his muscles relaxed. Being threatening was tiring for the facial features.

He was interested in meeting the queen, but also extremely nervous. He's been a rogue all his life and never experienced an authoritative figure. It'll be challenging at first, but Misa knew he had good manners. "I'm be sure to be on my best behavior."

[ Lady Kiya ]
One more from each of us and we should be good!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:46 pm
She laughed at him, with that. She couldn't help it, he was just too funny sometimes. "I'm sure you'd make them run away scared!" She'd get them food, once she had a bit of conversation with the other hunters of the pride. To get a good jest of where the food was at. She flicked her tail a bit before giving a little hop every few steps. Sometimes it was hard to control it.

"You best!" She said with a nod. "I don't know what I'd do without you." She said with a nod. In truth, she had done quite well without him before she met him, but now she didn't know if she could do the same. Something would always feel like it was missing, and that was a problem.

"It'll be fine though, she's really great." She said with a nod, remembering how they went looking for the missing cubs of the pride. It took a bit to get the soot, and dirt from her fur, but now she looked as if she never went searching in some burnt bushes. They'd probably be at the pride sooner, if she hadn't, but they were more important to find than her being home.

"Plus, I'll be there too."

Blu Chalk
We still need to finish the other one, as well

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:07 pm

He picked up his pace a bit, his head cocked with a grin, pleased at her compliment. Conflict was never something Misa enjoyed, but his size helped deter young bucks from trying to pick a fight. Though if things really were getting to heated, he'd calmly step away. Physical violence never seemed attractive to Misa.

Dramatically, Misa swung his paw forward and rested it on his forehead. He processed to act like his body was crumbling forward. "And I could never bare the thought of ever losing you." He peeked at Kuro through his fringe and chuckled before lunging forward and rubbing his muzzle along her neck. "But seriously, we'll be fine and nothing is going to happen to you." His usually grin pecked at his cheeks. "And I'll try my best not to embarrass you in front of your friends... but there's no guarantee." With that last statement, he shot forward before she could retaliate.

His ears twitches as they picked up new noises. They sounds like voices, not close, but certainly not far away either. They were almost there!

[ Lady Kiya ]
Aww snap! Yes! We totally need to end that one since it's been going for quite some time. xD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:30 pm
She laughed, as they reached the entrance of the path to the pride. "I'm sure you couldn't embarrass me even if you tried." She said with a serious look upon her face before laughing again. "This is the path, I think." She said nodding towards it.

"Ready to go home?" She asked him. It was the step to a new life, for better or worse.

Blu Chalk
I'll need one more rp with her, then she'll be set for a breeding, after these are finished. :3

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces