Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:32 pm
User Image

It was boring, and had been for a while now. The constant slow pacing along the water ... it drove him mad. He needed adventure in his life, something to spice it up a bit! But something always held him here, doing the mundane things he always did with his life. Walking the shore, kicking some shells, taking a swim. Nostalgic memories that once brought him joy now brought him nothing but boredom. It was strange how life did these things to you, but who was he to challenge life? Pft, everyone knew that, he was a nobody. But someday ... he'd finally be a somebody. Until then he would pace ... imagining every adventure he could imagine.

Lost in thought, the screech of a loud bird above brought him out of his stupor. Looking up to see the cause of the commotion, he got a not so pleasant surprise. A large amount of poop, right onto the mane.

"AW MAN REALLY? COME ON!"

The look on his face was priceless as he tried to figure out what he should do next.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 am
User ImageCushla had been wandering around for sometime now and the more she walked the less grass her paws touched. It was warm stuff though and felt just lovely under her pads. The faint smell of fish lingered in the air and the pleasant sound of water? Yes water hit the shore. Purple eyes softed at the sight and sounds around her current position. What was this lovely place that called to her? The crashing of the waves seemed to resound into her body like the pounding of a heartbeat.

It made her want to dance in the waters just for the fun of it! It was like a missing piece of the puzzle that finally had be locked in. She knew she was dangerously becoming overly dramatic but the feelings that welled up in her were those of rightness. She was just back to realty by a male voice cursing and she blinked when he came into view. Oh my was that? A giggle escaped her mouth before she could stop it. "Bird poop huh? Nasty stuff that... I suggest a quick swim?" Her eyes lit with humor. He certainly looked adorable, it was all that fluffiness! She wasn't too worried about danger she had deadly claws after all and she knew how to take care of herself.

Depawsit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 am
He hadn't noticed her approach, or really even her scent. He never paid any attention to anything, which was certain to someday be the death of him. But while he was in pride borders, nothing really concerned him. He casually turned his glance into the direction of the voice, where he finally noticed the lovely lioness before him. He quickly knew she wasn't from the pride, or at least wasn't an original member. Original members tended to be giant balls of fluff, it was something in the genes he supposed. But she had a normal bit of fluff atop her head, and even even slighter amount on her tail. Interesting.

"It's not all that bad, i've heard stories that bird poop brings good luck." Sticking his fluffy chest out he tried to look as regal as possible. Something he knew he wasn't really accomplishing with the whole poop thing.

"I think i'll leave it on for a bit, see how things go." He snickered at her expected reaction and debated whether to move closer. Typically he wouldn't give a darn about another lioness, but the fact that she looked so different ... well it was something he didn't see everyday. Plus he hated raising his voice, even just a little and the distant between them was forcing him to do just that.

Tara de Draiocht
Did I mention he's not the smartest lion around? XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 am
She swallowed her laughter and smiled. He certainly was adorable. "I see. I hope it does bring you luck then-" She blinked as she watched him puff of his chest and how he seemed proud to be wearing anothers feces on his head. Uh-- "What is this place I find myself in? It certainly has a lovely atmosphere. How does one join?" Cushla blew a stray hair from her face and moved her paw along the warm gritty earth. "I don't think I've ever seen such a thing in my life." She gestured to the sand. "Such a nice texture. Are you from around here?"

Depawsit
lol no worries XD i have the same belief on the birdpoop thing lol.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:49 pm
"Oh i'm sure it will, otherwise why would I be wearing it!' The smile on his face was genuine, not a sign of instability anywhere on it. He was definitely strange, but he didn't typically think of himself that way. He left that to everyone else. "What you mean the area? Oh this is the Bahari'mtoto!" His grin only grew wider with her growing interest, it was always nice to get new blood into the pride, which seemed to be getting a lot better these days due to the new treaty with the Kizi. But that was neither here nor there .. "Well there are many ways to join. But the easiest it to declare your dedication to the sea and hold a rites ceremony. If the sea accepts your bid, the pride will as well." This was far too easy a challenge for him, to sit here and tell others about his home. Could one even call it a challenge? Hmmm....

For a moment, Dhiren allowed himself the honor of imagining she was referring to him. But he wasn't that slow, he knew she was referring to the lovely scenery. But hey! A guy could dream couldn't he? "Oh you definitely haven't. This view right here, is literally the best view EVER." He nodded matter of factly, proud of his knowledge of the area.

"Yes! I'm from here, born and raised. Can't you tell by the extra fluff? Lions born around here usually get a bit more fluffy than usual... But enough about me, what about you? Obviously you arent' from here ... do you mind my asking where it is you are from?"

Tara de Draiocht

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm
"Bahari'mtoto," She mumbled to herself pleasantly before continue to listen to the other male speak. She walked closer interested in such a ceremony. "The sea huh?" Cushla turned her head to look at the water and spoke absentmindly. "I wonder what I say... is it a private ceremony? Or does it have to be performed infront of a member? the clan--Is it?" She was distracted by him gesturing to the land. Apparently it was fate to here in the right place at the right time?

"Fluffy huh?" Amusement rang clear in her voice and eyeing the others mane. "Ah, I see it now--" Cushla cleared her throat. "--you would be correct. I am not from around here as I have lived in the rogue lands since cubhood. I moved away from my parents and siblings to make a life for myself." Thinking of them brought happy memories but sad ones as well. One day she hoped to see them again if the fates allowed it. "Let's see what else...Oh! I am Cushla by the way!" Smile firmly in place, it would help to be friendly to the inhabitants of this land since she planned try her best to settle down here. "It means 'beat of my heart' or so I was told."

Depawsit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm
Dhiren nodded happily as she spoke the name aloud, but then he snapped to a more serious manner as she questioned him again. "Well if you prefer it can be a semi-private ceremony. At least one other member has to witness your rites. Someone who has to knowledge to understand whether the sea has accepted you or not." His matter of fact tone, probably came off a little smug but he was hardly aware of the issue at the moment. "If you ask me, sometimes you don't have to say anything at all. The sea wants to hear whats in your heart, but sometimes it can feel the spirit flowing through your body. If you are truly interested in joining, when it comes to be your time ... you'll know what to say."

OH! How rude of him, he hadn't introduced himself! Again, it was typically something that wouldn't have been an issue, but he was intrigued by this female, and her knowledge of outside the pride.

"Dhiren.

It is a pleasure to meet you here Cushla."

He bent a paw towards his chest and dipped his head respectfully at her. A gesture that was meant to be sweet only did two things. Further mat his hair with bird poop, and then allow said bird poop to fall into his face.

"The rogue lands huh? Whats it like out there? I've heard stories, but i've never witnessed it for myself.

Tara de Draiocht

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 pm
"Oh I see it doesn't seem that hard," She had been worried over nothing all she had to do was step close to the sea. "Oh-" How creepy yet magical. "-I wonder what that sensation would feel like to have the sea accept you into the pride. Alright I will take your word for it and hopefully I won't goof up too badly." She held out a paw to shake in greeting but then noticed the bowing and she blushed at the knightish gesture. "It is nice to meet you Dh-ir-en. As for the rogue lands well... it is alright? I guess you can say its every creature for themselves mostly seeing as there are no pride dynamics." She cleared her throat before continuing. "There are all sorts of animals that are together in one area, cheetahs, leopards, wild dogs, hybrids, and so on. I have nothing against it, but I found as I aged it wasn't for me. So what do you do around here for fun?"

Depawsit
i already started her rites XD; lawl.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:16 am
"I hardly think you have anything to worry about. If the sea is not accepting of your offering, you won't get very far. So think of it this way - if you get more than two steps into the water - the sea has already passed good judgement on you. He just wants to see how deep your heart truly is." His voice trailed off, slightly wispy as his more sincere side came into the picture. He was well attached to his home pride, no one could take that from him, but sometimes he wondered what it would be like, to just get a glimpse of the outside world.

As she explained the rogue lands, he hung onto her every word, like a cub listening to a bedtime story. Every detail intrigued him on some new level. his heart raced, and he yearned to see it through her eyes. Sure, she hadn't thought it was for her, but perhaps it was for him? If only momentarily.

Her sudden change in conversation pieces left Dhiren silent for a moment in an effort to switch gears. What did he do around here for fun?

"OH! Lots of stuff, the sea gives us plenty of ways to enjoy ourselves. We swim, of course, collect shells off the beach, cliff dive, hmmm ...." He paused a moment trying to this of all the usual activities he saw on a normal basis. "The cubs like the build sandcastles along the beach, it helps them to bond with the sea before their own rite occur. But my favorite thing to do out here is surf."

The excitement in his stature changed as soon as the words left his lips. "Its probably the coolest thing there is to do out here. I could totally show you the ropes if you wanted! Its not scary or anything."

Tara de Draiocht
xD Then she'll have both of them finished around the same time. Awesome <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 am
"Oh that is good to hear," Her fears were slightly calming. "Oh I see that sounds like so much fun! I will have to try that some time. This surr-pff sounds pleasant and I'll have to take you up on that offer as soon as I speak with the ruler here to see if I am accepted or not! Thank you very much for your help! We will have to try this surr-pff-ing later or once I am more settled." Cushla smiled at him before waving a goodbye.

Depawsit
END <3

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out