Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wardwood

Back to Guilds

Tags: Deer, Spirits, Fantasy, Breedables, Roleplaying 

Reply ❧ Plotting central
[CONTEST] Magnets for Tektek/Art -- Entries Here!

Quick Reply

Submit

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 am
LovebyLetter's Magnetic Personality Contest!

----- WHAT: art / tektek contest in five parts!
----- WHO: open to anyone with any Wardwood creatures
----- WHEN: ends at the end of February!

----- WHY: Hello my lovely Wardwood friends! smilies/icon_biggrin.gif As you probably know by all the crazed RP'ing I am always doing, I have fallen madly in love with this place and thoroughly enjoyed myself here. I was fascinated by my first guardian, over the moon when I won my first familiar, but by the time I got my second guardian, I knew that I had to somehow give back to the community. But how? I'm hopeless at art, and while I enjoy writing there's not really a way to contribute that. I don't have photoshop, and shouldn't be trusted editing things anyway.

As I was struggling with this particular quandary, another persistent issue began to crop up. I had a handful of characters and thoroughly enjoyed them, but when I went to look at other profiles, lots of them had pretty art of their characters! AGH! How amazing! Inspired by blue and phoenix's little tektek avatars, I went and spent two hours trying to recreate one of my characters .. aaaaand it turns out that being the sort of person that in real life has to ask if her outfit matches actually does translate to a similar (lack of) skill in the digital realms. I'm not even going to share my attempts, they were that bad.

As I was bemoaning my utter lack of talent, it occurred to me that while I can't draw, there are some crafty things that I can do, and that it was possible that my two problems might just be able to solve each other ..

----- THE RULES:
gaia_smilies/icon_diamond.png Create art of any (or all) of my five characters, in any medium! Sketch 'em, digitally draw 'em, heck, I don't know how you magic artist people do these things, it's a mystery to me! Tektek avatar creations are also more than welcome, since they're ridiculously adorable.
gaia_smilies/icon_diamond.png I will choose one person's art per character to use as their official representation on my character's profile page for Wardwood (although other entries will also be linked on their page).
gaia_smilies/icon_diamond.png Those persons whose art is chosen will receive a prize for their efforts -- that's at least five possible prizes! (I may do separate prizes for art versus tektek if there is enough interest, still unsure!)
gaia_smilies/icon_diamond.png You must be able to message me with an address that you can receive mail at, upon notice of winning. If you are a minor, this means you must ask a parent/guardian for permission! You do not have to give me your real name, so long as an envelope can be received by you if it is addressed to your username.

----- THE PRIZES:

Behold, Wardwoodians! The result of me having too much time and access to a laminating machine! Imagine how much more you'll enjoy your Guardians, familiars, or companions when you can slap those puppies on your fridge! Each winner of this contest will receive one beautifully laminated magnet of their choice, printed on shimmery cardstock in your choice of white, beige, silver, or gold. Magnets can be printed of the cert or the uncerted animal, and are printed with full permission of Wardwood staff and colorists! These magnets cannot be purchased in any way, they can only be won -- so take a chance, give it a go, and have fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am

Macaire is very physically intimidating, standing a good head and shoulders above most men, with broad shoulders, large feet, and wide, calloused hands. There is nothing pretty or decorative about his powerful build, which is obviously due to a life of hard work. Though a slight softness in his face and thick, fluffy brown hair ought to gentle his appearance, he is also heavily scarred in a way that seems to speak of a life of constant violence. He wears dark, sturdy clothing, kept up only insofar as it is required of him; depending on the state of his purse the quality can vary. His shirt and breeks may have patches, tears, or old stains, but he does keep up and scrupulously care for his weapons and the light pieces of armor that he often wears during the course of his duties.

Freckles are scattered indifferently across his body, and are in fact a further mark against him -- they mark him, along with the occasional glimpse of red in his dark hair, as being from the Wardwood equivalent of Ireland. Peasants there are protesting, often violently, against vast religious and economic disparities. Some factions are trying to coax other countries to help them attack Sunderland itself, though these attempts have not yet been successful and it is unlikely that they will ever be.

Nonetheless, the uneasy state of his home country and the knowledge that it is the center of violent protests with an especial enmity towards Sunderland can contribute to Macaire's intimidating aura.

COLORS: dark green, dark brown, black
eyes: greenish brown?
skin: pale, freckled and scarred
hair: glimpses of red in dark brown (auburn?)

Harmon is in his late thirties, tall, broad-shouldered, and fit. Although his clothing is always very simple, it is always clean, in good shape, and in excellent taste, making him at times look more like a butler or manservant than a whorehouse bouncer. However, he remains intimidating to most: his skin is several shades darker than even the darkest tan common in Sunderland, making him seem exotic and unpredictable. Even his hair looks strange; though long and straight, it is thicker and coarser than the hair of most natives, and generally worn long, scrupulously kept clean and neatly braided.

COLORS: rich browns, reds, gold
eyes: hazel; brown/gold
skin: dusky, reddish
hair: black and coarse

Slender towards the taller side of average, Marie has an olive complexion and light brown hair. Though her hair is very much plain and straight, as is known to run in her family, she wears it in complex, intricate styles done either by herself or her mother. With careful choices of hair ornaments and light touches of make-up, she also works hard to accent her dark green eyes, as she considers them to be one of her best features. In truth she is not an unattractive young lady, but neither is she an exceptionally beautiful one -- but she is always well put-together, with in-style dresses worn in excellent taste. Her bright personality also lends itself to her appearance, her smiles making her that much more attractive.

COLORS: forest green, pink, chocolate brown
eyes: dark green
skin: olive
hair: mousy brown

At a little over six feet, surprisingly enough the first thing people tend to notice about Ivon isn't his height -- it's the air of menace he carries with him everywhere he goes, a look that says he is evaluating observers based on their relatively likelihood to provide him with a good fight before he takes them down. He is physically intimidating, with broad shoulders and a musculature that is decidedly not just for show, but it is his attitude that accounts for most unnease in those who are introduced to him. His coloration is often considered a safer subject of conversation, as it is somewhat unusual: his hair has gone completely white early in life, his eyes are a black nearly indistinguishable from his pupils, and his skin is very pale. His wardrobe tends towards very plain, utilitarian garments selected more for their sturdiness than visual appeal. He dresses very warmly year-round, often in multiple layers.

COLORS: black, white, silver
eyes: black
skin: pale and scarred
hair: grey to white

The Friedrichs -- generally referred to as just that -- are not just brothers, but identical twins. They share a sameness that many find eerie and that the twins themselves work deliberately to encourage. Both are long and gangly, stretched-out versions of normal young men. Both have what they cheerfully refer to as "mud-splattered" brown hair, with varying shades of light and dark brown. More than just lean, they both look underfed. Neither is ever still, and they both often fidget with restless energy. They seem to move and occasionally speak in concert, a trick they practice as a means of unnerving others. They take care to dress identically at all times, generally wearing clothing of very good make, outfits that would suggest they are the sons of a wealthy merchant. They are not stunning, but they are not unattractive either, and when looking for companionship are very likely to use their shared appearance to their advantage.

First Friedrich is slightly taller, with more freckles across the bridge of his nose. Last Friedrich is slightly shorter, with slightly darker hair.

Recently the Freds were unlucky enough to get into a violent tangle with some thugs -- now they sport matching scars on their foreheads, starting at the middle of their heads and slanted down towards one eyebrow.

COLORS: who knows.
eyes: brown
skin: tannish
hair: varying shades of brown  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 am
Reserving!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 am
Reserving!  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm
.. aaaand go for it! smilies/icon_biggrin.gif Feel free to contact me with any questions!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm
Macaire: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

Harmon: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

Marie: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

Ivon: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

Freds: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.  

and be blue
Artist

Ruthless Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

~Lady Kanna~

Lupine Hunter

16,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:32 pm
Marie: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

Macaire: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

JUST FOR FUN:

Unwelcome: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.  
❧ Plotting central

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games