Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doctor Who: The Time Vortex

Back to Guilds

Tags: TARDIS, Doctor, Cybermen, Gallifrey, Dalek 

Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
Doctor Who opinions (writing, companions, villians)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oodisphere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 am
I will start off with saying that there may be Spoilers in this. I really want to know other's opinions, and discuss these topics. biggrin

First, I wanted to know other people's opinions on Moffat's writing. I have seen a lot of negativity directed towards him, and I don't completely agree or disagree. Personally, I think he rushes the story, and I think my biggest complaint would have to be the way he writes characters sometimes. For example, Amy majority of the time is just a damsel in distress, and she could be so much more than that. It's kind of annoying. But on the positive note, the way he writes the show at least keeps me interested. Maybe not as interested as Davies kept me, but still interested.

Next, who is your favorite companion and why. For 9 and 10, I liked Rose (although not at first), Captain Jack, Sarah Jane(wish she was included more), and Donna Noble. I unfortunately did not like Mickey and Martha. As for 11, Rory is my favorite, hands down.

Last, what do you think is the most terrifying villian, and which one do you not really care for? For me, the most terrifying villian would have to be the Daleks. I love them in the show, but if they were real, I don't think anything could be as scary as them. Their defense and offense is pretty great, and all they want is to destroy anything that is not a Dalek. As for a villian I don't really care for, it would be the Weeping Angels. Don't get me wrong, they are cool and pretty creepy, they just don't click with me.

Feel free to hold nothing back!! rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:42 pm
I like Moffat's writing but I dislike that he isn't doing any two parters in this season. Stories that split into two episodes are usually the best and are extremely good. I also dislike that there are soo many questions left open. I speak of the fall of the 11th and when silence must fall. Ill be extremely interested if he does something with it.

Favorite companion hands down is Rory. I do like Doctor Donna though, because she grew on me and was less annoying in the end.

Favorite villain is the Empty Child and Silence. Empty child because "Are you my mommy?" gives me the creeps. Silence because the possibility they could be real and we wouldn't know it. I dislike the cubes in the new season and the Slitheen. Cubes just weren't that good and the Slitheen's face was just stupid.  

Zakharias

Oodisphere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm
Doctor and his tardis
I like Moffat's writing but I dislike that he isn't doing any two parters in this season. Stories that split into two episodes are usually the best and are extremely good. I also dislike that there are soo many questions left open. I speak of the fall of the 11th and when silence must fall. Ill be extremely interested if he does something with it.

Favorite companion hands down is Rory. I do like Doctor Donna though, because she grew on me and was less annoying in the end.

Favorite villain is the Empty Child and Silence. Empty child because "Are you my mommy?" gives me the creeps. Silence because the possibility they could be real and we wouldn't know it. I dislike the cubes in the new season and the Slitheen. Cubes just weren't that good and the Slitheen's face was just stupid.

I have yet to see any of the new season. I don't have cable. So I don't have any opinions on it as of yet. But I hope he does something with the "Fall of 11" and such. It wouldn't make much sense if he didn't, since there was so much effort put into it beforehand.

Rory is awesome. For real.

And the empty child was good, I particularly liked that the arc was given a happy ending. I also loved that the "little girl" was the mother, not the sister. It was a good story for sure. And I agree, the Slitheen were WEIRD. But they were campy, and funny, all be it stupid looking. Hahaha.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm
Oodisphere

Am I the only one that hates Rose? She just seemed stupid to me and the only good thing she did was look into the Tardis' soul and yet she got her own version of 10 and wasn't happy with it at first! She also was still with Mickey for the majority of the time she was with the Doctor. I just don't like her that much. I love River Song too though.

Rory is my idol because I feel for him. he waited for so long for Amy (even though she still complains about waiting 14 years for the Doctor). Rory, the Last Centurion.  

Zakharias

Oodisphere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 am
I didn't like Rose at first, but she grew on me. She never turned her back on the Doctor, and she wouldn't willingly settle for a normal life. She wanted to help others. She learned to not give up and back down. So she started off as a young girl, but grew into an admirable woman. When she was trapped in the parallel universe, it broke my heart. They fell in love with each other, and it was a good love story. And even after she was trapped, she still wouldn't give up. She contacted Donna, and then she made it back to help the Doctor again. She didn't accept the clone at first because it was a clone, it wasn't the Doctor she learned from and traveled with. But when she realized he was essentially the same, and that he loved her she accepted it. I'm not telling you to like her, that's just my view on her.

I like River Song as well, I just wish she got more screen time. She's a character I want more of.

And Rory is admirable. He always finds Amy, and he never ever gave up. He protected her for thousands of years. It's Amy that I'm not crazy about. At least of what I have seen. She's always a damsel in distress.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 pm
When Rose came back in the missing Earth, she seemed like a kid to me, wanting the Doctors attention. Especially when she was listening in on the subwave network.

Amy actually does some good though in this new season. She actually is useful and was useful in previous seasons. She prevented the Doctor from killing the Space Whale and helped imagine him back to life.  

Zakharias

Oodisphere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:00 pm
Doctor and his tardis
When Rose came back in the missing Earth, she seemed like a kid to me, wanting the Doctors attention. Especially when she was listening in on the subwave network.

Amy actually does some good though in this new season. She actually is useful and was useful in previous seasons. She prevented the Doctor from killing the Space Whale and helped imagine him back to life.

Well she had finally made it back to the Universe that would allow her to see the man she loved again, it's not unusual that she would want his attention. It's what any woman that was unwillingly split from the person they loved would do in a realistic sense. Her sometimes childish behavior made her seem more real, to me at least. She was only a teenager when she first met the Doctor, to begin with.

I have not seen any of the new season, so I will take your word on Amy. I like Amy, don't get me wrong, I just don't think she was given the same amount of dimension as the others. I enjoy watching her, she's funny and charming, she just doesn't rate as one of my favorites.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm
As far as Moffat goes, I'm indifferent. Although, I will admit that the Christmas special was not as good as it could've been.

My favorite Companion would have to be Donna. She went with the tenth doctor so well. I don't have objections to any of the others, but Donna was the best.

And, actually, none of the villains on the show scare me. At least, not on the show. In real life it would probably be a different story.  

Rubyclaw

Distinct Genius

2,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Nixie Astree-Sirius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 am
Doctor and his tardis
Oodisphere

Am I the only one that hates Rose? She just seemed stupid to me and the only good thing she did was look into the Tardis' soul and yet she got her own version of 10 and wasn't happy with it at first! She also was still with Mickey for the majority of the time she was with the Doctor. I just don't like her that much. I love River Song too though.

Rory is my idol because I feel for him. he waited for so long for Amy (even though she still complains about waiting 14 years for the Doctor). Rory, the Last Centurion.

Heh, joining in the convo late...but I couldn't help but reply to you because...well, lots of people like Rose, but honestly, I never could. Certainly she has her moments, and I tend to like her better than Martha, but I loved Donna more than Rose as a companion.

It's kind of nice to find someone who shares my sentiments about Rose.

And yes, about Rory. That's a real man.  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff