Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm
User Image

• 1.15.13 THIS IS NOT DEAD. I promise. orz I will try to get these guys back up and running once I get some things ironed out. plz hold.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am
5.6.13 Hey! So, as sad as I am, to admit, I don't have the time to keep the Jahy going right now. I'd love to find someone else to take over, if at all possible - if anyone is interested, please please PM me! If I don't find someone willing to take on the pride, I will disband it and provide IC reasoning.  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:35 pm
5.4.14 The Bey of the Qyrhyeshti, Kotu sim Shan, has now been missing for several months, and the Qyrhyeshti's attempts to find him were not only fruitless, but ended in skirmishes with the Burkuteshti...skirmishes the Qyrhy lost, adding insult to injury. Kotu is now presumed dead, and his Hatun, Adala bint Attila, will lead the faction in his stead. Giving some hope to the Qyrhyeshti is the litter Adala has recently given birth to, even if there are no males in it. No traditional heirs. But...any heirs are good heirs, right?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm
Ugh, life. I'm sorry I disappeared again. ;; So. To catch things up/get stuff back to an RPable state, this is what's been up ICly:
  • The Qyrhyeshti Bey, Kotu, reappeared.
  • The Qyrhyeshti captured the easternmost oasis.
  • The Burkuteshti's Bey and his Hatun had cubs. (Unlike the Qyrhyeshti's recent litter, they actually had some males. Take that!)
  • The Burkuteshti snuck around and conducted a stealth raid on the northernmost oasis, and won. This leaves the Qyrhyeshti with the far eastern and northwestern oases...which are nowhere near each other, and now have Burkuteshti in between them. This means that the Qyrhyeshti have effectively been split into two groups and are cut off from each other. (Well, crap.) Obviously, communication via avians will be possible, but chaos and difficulty are inevitable.
  • The map now looks like this. ICly, this has just happened. Please go here to choose where your Qyrhy characters have ended up.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:04 pm
Plot update time!
  • About a week and a half has passed since the battle, and after quite a bit of back-and-forth by falcons, the Qyrhyeshti have been able to semi-accurately assess their casualties, current state, and options. Rather than remain separated, it has been decided that the best course of action is for the eastern split of the pride to head to the western oasis, combining their strength but forfeiting the eastern oasis to do so; with the entire pride concentrated in the northwest section of the lands, what little territory they do have left will be easier to defend. But it is a desert, and a rather small piece of one at that, so resources are likely to become a concern...
  • To reach the western oasis safely, without having to pass through what is now Burkuteshti territory, the travelling group will first be going north: well north of the Hareket, so as to avoid any possiblity of encountering the Burkuteshti. Then they'll turn west, then south, back over the river - which is actually nearly dry, currently - and down to the oasis. The trip will take about two weeks.
  • Adala will not be making the journey, and is choosing to leave rather than slow them down. Kotu (who did make it to the eastern oasis, hooray!) will be leaving with her. Sabit will lead the group going west. Aribak, already at the western oasis, is to be the new Hatun.
  • As for the Burkuteshti, they are finding in the wake of their victory that not everything went quite as well as they had hoped. An older muharip, Fareess bint Najya, died in the battle, and Sungus got himself rather torn up. While the injuries in and of themselves were not permanently disabling, one of his deeper wounds has become infected, and it does not look pretty.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:36 pm
Here we are again with an update to get everything up to speed!
  • Following the battle that saw the Qyrhyeshti reduced to holding a mere two oases, leadership of the Qyrhyeshti was given to Aribak bint Adala, who chose to abandon the oasis farthest from Baj-Jer in favor of condensing their strength at the northern oasis. The entirety of that faction now occupies only one small portion of territory; with their forces concentrated, they're in a good position to defend themselves, but supporting their numbers with the limited resources available could prove difficult. They will occasionally send small parties north of their border to hunt in safer, if less familiar, territory.
  • What at first seemed like a decisive victory for the Burkuteshti, one that would put them one step closer to driving their enemies out for good, would soon turn sour. Though their Bey, Sungus, had crippled the Qyrhy's Hatun, Adala, the deep wounds he sustained in the fight became infected; within a week, he was dead, leaving his mate, Havyan, to choose one of their sons to succeed him. Barely out of adolescence and only lightly tested in battle, one choice was as dubious as the other, but ultimately, Ahlaq was chosen as the new Bey of the Burkuteshti. Could his reign be the start of a bright future, or will the war continue for yet another generation?
  • OOCly, there is now another way for Borclu to gain their freedom! If you accumulate five complete RPs (same rules as breeding RPs), you may assume they participated in a skirmish in which they were victorious, and freedom is theirs.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:52 pm
As much as I love this pride, I do not have the necessary time to devote to the Jahy, and so I will be disbanding it to free up everyone's characters to go where they wish. As of this post, the Burkuteshti faction is officially dissolved; as for what becomes of the Qyrhyeshti, I'll have an update on that as soon as possible! Just figuring out some details still.

ICly, the circumstances are this:
Two months after Ahlaq sim Sungus came to power, he attempted to take the Qyrhyeshti's last remaining oasis, only to fail miserably. Because the Qyrhy's entire population was condensed there, it was simply too well-defended to take. He retreated, determined to wait them out and build up strength while their limited resources dwindled. It was a plan that probably would have worked, if fate hadn't intervened.

A few months later, disease swept through the Burkuteshti's ranks, carried by the seals they relied on as their main source of food. Many were sickened, and some died. This, perhaps, they could have recovered from eventually, but then humans came hunting the seals for their own purposes, and scattered and drove out the Burkuteshti. Many are now dead or missing, and whatever fragments of the pride remain are left to find their own way in the world.

[IC] Jahy Sarlarin Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games