Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Roleplaying

Back to Guilds

RPs for any level of RPer and any genre you can imagine. 

Tags: accepting, friendly, Beginners, Semi-Literate, Literate 

Reply Chat
Reviving the Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kizmarez
Vice Captain

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:56 pm
Kei, I believe it is time we take the duty of reviving this guild. The guild had great possibility, but, we lacked advertisement and our recruiting was shoddy. We have to have something to show the people when they get here, a blank guild full of nothing but the basics will not draw attention. We need to contact our friends, get roleplays started, make the place look busy. A guild can be started by a single person, or two, but the easiest way to do it is to have a community of Gaians with similar ideas band together to begin the process, a guild takes time and is a responsibility. In the past I have failed at that responsibility, and I take a lot of blame for this guild's failing nature, I helped you to begin. I also believe I jumped the gun too much, we were not ready to proceed....I tried to make a quick start, but, we had no one interested and ready.

What we need is people who will actively roleplay, we need to draw attention to our guild to get it thriving. Speak to your friends, speak to those who you roleplay with, randomly lurk the Barton Town pages and PM roleplayers. We need people to join, if not then this guild will not survive.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm
I understand completely, but most of my rl friends don't log on anymore and are busy with school since this is our senior year. But I agree that we did jump the gun on starting this. We expected too much but didn't put forth all the effort needed to make this guild great. I think we need to scrap the threads on here and start fresh.

I don't mean trash the whole guild, just delete the failed attempts we have on here and create better RPs that people will actually be interested in keeping going. Stories they won't want to let die because they are too invested in them on a more emotional level! We need stories our RPers can connect to!!!  

GrandDuchessAsh vonPrior
Captain

Distinct Seeker

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Kizmarez
Vice Captain

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 pm
One new idea is to create a massive roleplay, one that covers vast distances. That has always been a dream of mine, to create a world from scratch and watch as it grows.

We could center the entire roleplay on one plot point, with many sub-plots and twists, such as political scandals and rebellions. We could even dedicate a majority of the guild to the roleplay, each sub-forum a new location. Or we could donate a single sub-forum to the roleplay, with many topics and each a new location. The second option would allow people to roleplay freely in what they wish, but would also help to create a majestic world that is designed to last for hundreds of years (The roleplay could go on endlessly, new plots in the same land, etc.) and to capture the hearts of roleplayers.

Such a roleplay takes massive amounts of work (I have tried before) and a vast amount of communication. Several people would have to band together to create the roleplay, even more to maintain the high standards such a piece of work should have.

The story I mentioned in our PMs would fit perfectly, since it is a large story with no direct point. It would give the roleplayers freedom to do as they please, while giving a little backbone as to what is happening in the world. Nothing would be set in stone (Except for the past) and anything could happen. The crown could be found and bestowed, beginning a reign of tyranny. The nobles could destroy the king and the new lineage, bonding together to lead the kingdom as a whole. Neighboring kingdoms could strike while the army is out in the frigid north.

If we could find people willing to dedicate their time to such a roleplay we could reach phenomenal heights! Such a roleplay would attract the attention of everyone, even those who don't join that roleplay will see the little roleplays. We could change the face of this guild, show that our community can bond together to do impossible things.

You and I (AND ANYBODY ELSE WILLING!) should seek out people, not only for the massive roleplay but to help rebuild this guild. Let's have a strong crew, a strongly knitted community before we open ourselves up. Imagine the possibilities if we work together, if we begin dedicating ourselves to this guild once more. If we can find people (At least five?) to begin building, then more will come.

By the way, I strongly support the large roleplay, we could have many in fact over time. If someone wishes to create one they could donate money (To a mule account), at which point they get a sub-forum and begin their work. A mixture of small roleplays, massive roleplays, and such would ideally attract every roleplayer. Whether new or a veteran, this guild would stand out.

Let's get to work, let's plan before we act. Do you agree?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm
I like the idea of a massive RP but the story you showed me early might be a bit too complex for our first massive RP. We want something not quite so intricate so we can figure out what bug need working out and then later on do that one.  

GrandDuchessAsh vonPrior
Captain

Distinct Seeker

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Kizmarez
Vice Captain

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:12 am
I did not realize you had replied, Gaia failed to alert me.

Yes, my plot is a little complex (Well, incredibly complex to be honest), but we can create a simpler idea. A wave of dark energy that seeps across the world and awakens ancient evils? As each evil falls the source of the energy blasts another wave and wakes another evil? It's a simple, almost cliche idea but it'd allow for an endless tale.

Or, it could be one massive tale with an ultimate enemy, but the travels to take down that enemy (Evil tyrant?) leads the players through a vast array of challenges. The tyrant could be the head of a hierarchy and the roleplayers have to tear apart each individual general, lieutenant, etc. before they finally reveal who is in control or something.

These of course could be fleshed out with more vivid detail, to make the two of them original. And, I am just tossing ideas out off the top of my head, if you give me time I can draft up something unique and original that is not as complicated as the idea I previously tossed your way.  
Chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games