Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm
User Image
Smiling softly, Vaniania relaxed, her side still pressed lightly against Ignazio, letting him feel the tension leave her body. She nodded softly, nuzzling his mane a bit, "You're going to enjoy the time you're here. If you seem to be coming willingly and happily, you'll have more freedom from the beginning."

Leading him further into the territory, she gently guided him with the slightest press or move away, letting him follow accordingly in comfort with her reassurance. She held herself proud, in some ways seeming to glow -- even if he was only a temporary capture, he was still her first and that alone made her feel a warmth throughout her body. She had gone through the ceremony transitioning out of childhood and into womanhood with the guidance of the Sacred Mothers and assistance of sparring stallions who let them train in capturing physically and Whistle stallions who helped them train their words, it always felt complete once an outsider followed along, either willingly or lead on a short leash until they were secured and checked over to insure that they were safe.

The flickering golden light of a distant fire became visible in the distance and, feeling chilled herself from the cold dewy night she had spent out in the uncivilized wilds of skinwalker territory, Vaniania picked up the pace, eager for its drying warmth and the warm, savory foods that roasted and cooked around it and the comfort of civilization. Bless the Great Mother Spirit for the gift of Firestones and for gifting the First Oracle of our people the knowledge of how to call upon the spirit within -- it's been a damp season.

The outter most ones were little more than branches taken off and woven together leaves and all to create covers over simple nests. Deeper in was weatherproofed leather hides stretched out and tied to the trees as a roof, sides of it stitched together and staked into the ground. The leather was warm in coloration and dyed to have a mottled coloration, symbols tattooed into hide to create a thin boarder along the upper wall of three rippling lines with a crescent with its base obscured by the lines, points upwards. A similar marking was carved into an occasional tree and rubbed with dyes to create blue lines with a white crescent. Most of the tents were empty, and a few held sleeping figures or gentle conversation could be heard from inside. It was rather sparse, and much of it camouflaged.

A chirrup came from above, and Vaniania lifted her head to chirrup in return, greeting the guards currently on watch duty for the camp itself, a dark mare with folded wings hidden partially in the branches smiling down at them, letting one of her clawed feet dangle over the branch she was resting on to wiggle her fingers at them playfully, "Are you going to play some of your music here at Moonlake Camp for us and your new friend, Vaniania?"

"Haha, perhaps -- I have a Kalimba in my bag." Vaniania grinned, pressing her side softly against Ignazio, glad to see a familiar face, even if the mare wasn't someone she saw often, "By the way, Era, is there a messenger here that's free for me available for me to send forward a few messages to the main hub to be spread out?"

"Well... Yaotl might still be in camp since they just got here.. Don't know if there are any others or if she's sent them all out."

Yaotl? They? Does... Does that mean?, "Thank you," Vaniana blinked in surprise, concern starting to rise before motioning with her head for Ignazio to follow her as she started past the tents scattered among the trees toward the heart of the camp.

As they entered the clearing the first thing that hit Vaniania was the pleasing warmth of the small half-circle of campfires radiating against her body.

The second thing she noticed with the massive blue, lavender, and white eagle resting with her wings outstretched and somewhat crowding the smaller messenger birds that usually used the perch, though they seemed unwilling to disrespect the great eagle by leaving to find a less crouded spot further away from the fire. Yaotl's eyes were closed blissfully as she absorbed the warmth, her particular breed hailing from much the much warmer climates of the distant jungle to the far south west of their home.

But what made her stop on the outskirts was not the turning faces of her sister and the petite guard who had helped save her family from a skinwalker attack, their backs turned towards her and seeming much darker in the mottled shade, her eyes unused to the glow of the fire, but instead the bright gold and seemingly pupiless gaze of the figure sitting on the other side of the fires that lifted to meet and hold her gaze.

The mare before them seemed to glitter in the firelight, sparks of colors in her glossy coat of mottled white and blue-ish greys, lavender marking her crest of feathers, marking her eyes and feet, and down her tail with similar sparks of opalescent colors. A complex, coppery headdress graced her head, lined in pale peacock feathers. A magnificent matching cape was draped up to dry beside her as she held in one hand a bowl full of steaming broth. While the mare held herself with an ease aura of grace and authority, it was rather obvious she and her messenger had an aura of importance to them, unworldly in the warmth of the forest and seeming to glow in the fires light.

"..O-Oracle Aylin." Vaniania bowed deeply in respect, and nudged Ignazio to do the same, "It's an unexpected pleasure to be in your presence."

User Image
"Vaniania." the Oracle said simply in a friendly tone, bobbing her head slightly in returned greeting. Her eyes shifted to look over Ignazio. She held the stallion in her gaze as Vaniania pressed slightly closer to him. The bright light of the Flocks Spiritual leader's pupils seeming to see right into the soul.

After what seemed like an eternity, she lowered her gaze to take a sip of the cooling soup, smiling softly, " You're anxious. There is no need for you to be. Come, have food, warm yourselves, and sit beside me. You both have stories to share, and it's clear neither of you have any intention on running."

Setting her bowl down, she rose from where she stood, and pulled the feathery cape over her shoulders, latching it shut with a delicate motion of her claws. Opals and pearls clattering softly as she moved, "If you don't mind, I'd like to have you at either side of me. I want a closer look at your new companion, Vaniania.. Do you know his name so you could introduce him to me?"

"Yes.. Yes of course Oracle." Vaniania glanced over at Ignazio, licking her lips slightly before putting a clawed hand over his closest hoof, "This is Ignazio, and he hails from the Great Sands of the North, beyond Mothers Claws. He.. I captured him within our boarders."

"He came willingly. I suppose he was seeking for something. You're a Long way from the Badieh lands, young... Debbani I believe?" Aylin affirmed. The Oracle enjoyed the awed and startled expressions that came from the young mare. It never got old to see just how many of those in the flock seemed to hold the opinion she was capable of reading minds, and she often worked to enforce such feelings in them, holding her power firmly and comfortably.

It came easily to the Spirit Caller, though spirits had little to do with it. The Most valuable tool of Oracles and those chosen to train as Oracle Acolytes was the ability to observe their surroundings and put together the meanings and causes. The stallion came in guided with only a gentle press, and a stallion of the Distant Badieh Badawiean culture so far away from their home would rarely venture so far unless he was on some sort of quest to find something or someone -- likely sweeping the forest to try and find a trail, going north and south west as he traveled trying to find a trail, which would lead him going up the heart of the flock. Having lived close to the Badieh culture's main heart in the ancestral valleys of the flock her entire life, she was familiar with the culture and its various subcultures, and the young stallion fit the usual look of a Dabbani outcast. Quite a few of them would sometimes get scooped up by the flock before the Cataclysm that left her one of the few to remain in the elder territories.

"Come, Ignazio -- Let me get a closer look and tell me your woes, Warm yourself...." she motioned to her left side. While the queen's way of looking over stallions was more brisk and direct, the Oracle had been experimenting with new ways of introducing new members to the herd. Times were changing, their culture altering rapidly before them, and she wished to be ahead of the curve.

Faithofthefallen
Tag!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:02 am

Ignazio swallowed hard, unable to control the nervous butterflies swarming in his stomach. He was gambling his freedom on a gut feeling, placing his trust in a mare he had only just met, he was happy for Vaniania's reassuring presence at his side and her whispered words. He held tight to them like a life line, feeling like he was being swept away in a series of events that left him reeling. He felt suddenly small and ignorant, like his world had suddenly doubled in size. He had never left the desert before he undertook this journey, the world was strange outside of his homeland but before now he had not encountered more than a stray traveler here and there. That was one thing, but to be suddenly surrounded by so many from a culture so different than his own, it felt like being dunked into a bucket of frigid water, he trembled slightly but held his head high, his neck straight, his intimidating pinions slightly flared. Not in obstinate rebellion, but in pride. He may have certain limitations now but he had had some choice in this matter, and had surrendered to Vaniania of his own free will, his choices may have been limited but he had still made one and he would behave accordingly. He did not want to embarrass himself or the mare at his side.

Ignazio's eyes tracked the wavering flame in the darkness that seemed to be their destination. He could feel Vaniania's eagerness as she increased her pace, he let her draw ahead of him slightly. Marveling at her graceful movements out of the corner of his eye, he had no idea what to expect but he was confident she would guide him so he didn't fumble too terribly. There was an air of excited expectation. The way she joked with the guards was reassuring, he tried to assume a pleasant expression although all he felt was bafflement, Yaotl?

The stallion's pupils constricted in response to the sudden light, he blinked a few times but basked in the sudden glow of warmth that suffused him, his gaze swept around the ring. He felt battered by the new sights, smells, and sounds. He glimpsed a magnificent eagle that made his eyes widen in amazement, Vaniania nudged him meaningfully and his attention snapped to the mare before him. She radiated an air of command, beyond that he was only able to get a brief impression of her before he realized that his companion wanted him to show respect. He hesitantly lowered his head and shoulders, tucking his wings against his side, his eyes darting sideways to watch Vaniania's forelegs so that he didn't straighten again until it was appropriate.

He felt the tension rush out of his shoulders, he wasn't sure what an Oracle was but it sounded like this mare's title. As the two mares conversed, Ignazio surreptitiously continued to examine his surroundings, habitually checking the placements of the guards but his attention returned to the mares when they mentioned his name, his ears flicking towards them in response. He felt a flush of surprise that she recognized his origins, he nodded his confirmation of her insight although he could sense she had no need of his affirmation. She seemed to simply know, there were those among his culture who were rumored to have such powers. He knew nothing of how they practiced their craft, he was a warrior and had never concerned himself with such things, but he viewed her with a new esteem, this was a mare who deserved respect. That much was certain.

He was reasonably sure that he didn't need to check with Vaniania before complying with Aylin's wishes, it was clear by her body language that she deferred to the mare. He joined her on her left and tried to soothe his shaken nerves. "Thank you," he began warily, his voice was steady but his green eyes revealed his uncertainty in such strange circumstances. "I met Vaniania while on a quest to find my sister... Kynreeve." He had to swallow past the suddenly painful lump in his throat. It was starting to hurt to even speak her name. "She... We have always been close." He began awkwardly, but suddenly the story began to pour out of him like poison bleeding from a wound as Aylin held him in her timeless gaze. "Life in the desert is difficult, we supported each other. We are both mutants, outcasts in a herd of outcasts. I've always wanted to protect her, but she began to grow distant. Disappearing for days at a time and then returning with no explanation. She left our homeland for good a few hours ahead of me. She asked me not to follow but I felt made with worry. I didn't want to break her trust but I needed to see her arrive safely, to know where she would be rather than wondering forever whether she was alive or dead, whether she was lost to me... Our mother was never in our lives, our father was not the fatherly type. She is all I had, when she pushed me away too.... It was almost too much to bear."

His shoulders slumped under the weight of his misery, his breath came in short bursts and he felt utter exhaustion at the unfairness of Kynreeve's betrayal. He didn't meet any of the mares' gazes, instead he studied the ground at his feet with his suddenly blurry vision.

mindsend

Faithofthefallen
Crew

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm
User Image

A delicately curled toe lifted up to wipe a tear gently from the edge of the stallions eye, the water pearling on iridescent purple fur that sparkled in the firelight like a glass bead for a few breaths before melting into the short thick pelt, "Yaotl?"

The eagle sighed softly, hopping from the perch with a flap to land upon Aylin's shoulder. While the Hawk was not her bonded (A rabbit who remained in the temple of the ancestral lands with her acolytes held that part of beloved familiar companion), she acted as her eyes, ears, and voice when not around her, her herald and messenger, "Ignazio -- could you describe Kynreeve to Yaotl? While it shows good strength for her to venture forth, and rarely do mares actually require the protection of their stallions, it is clear that you need her strength and companionship, as a good brother should. If we can find her we will, but we need more than just a name."

User Image
Vaniania relaxed, swallowing the lump that had formed. The Oracle was kind to stallions, and often seemed to know what was needed to put them at ease and let them feel comfortable within the lands, and it was clear he needed to see his sister.

As Aylin's attention remained on Ignazio, her attention turned toward the others in the camp.

In the tree's just barely within view she spotted Eranya, who had ventured closer out of curiosity about the new capture's story and the Oracle's reaction, her aqua eyes shining in the distance, and her fluffy mane seeming to melt in the dark leaves of the trees. When she wasn't dressed up in her finest riches, she was a terrifyingly good scout, near impossible to see if you didn't know what to look for. Vaniania smiled slightly at her, thankful for the warning she had given about Aylin and Yaotl being there, and fished out her Kalimba and set it aside, ready for after everything was a bit more settled down -- the scout earned at least a song.

After that her eyes met Vanmoriel's, her golden eyes teary from Ignazio's sad story. Vaniania couldn't help but grin at her sister as she noticed her tears and wiped at them. She had a soft spot for Flutters especially as it was, inspired by their butterfly-like wings and facinating styles, the glittering colors and delicate nature, so her sister knew that, even if she didn't take Ignazio in as a muse, she'd likely paint something inspired by his story as soon as she got to a workable surface, and would be on her side about reuniting them. It'd be easier to help him leave the flock with her assistance.

The look of determination they shared for but a second spoke volumes.

However, Kamunyak could be an issue. Vaniania kept her expression cheerfully blank as she glanced in Kamunyak's direction, thankful the mare had been looking off into the distance with her ears flicked back, scratching at her collar bone with a turned claw with a bored and mildly frustrated expression.

I know she's old Flock, and Old Fashioned..... Vaniania pondered , looking into the fire, letting the smoke and heat cover up the reason her own eyes were watery, While she'd help find his sister, I don't know if she'd look the other way if we helped him escape. It's bad enough she has yet to actually capture a stallion herself since she can't keep them by force without hurting them and is not very good at tricking them... Last time she was involved in a stallion joining willingly he had been actively ignoring her while talking to another mare and she hung onto his tail and was dragged behind and trying to tell the other mare she had it handled.. Oh man if Kynreeve doesn't join us and Kamunyak figures out what our plan is, we're going to be in so much trouble..

Her feathers prickled slightly, and she shivered slightly, holding her claws up to the fire for warmth.

Faithofthefallen
Tag!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:35 am

Ignazio felt another twinge in the place where he kept his pride, Aylin was remarkably insightful. She had cut straight to the heart of the problem, Ignazio did need Kynreeve. Not for anything tangible, he could provide for himself, he could keep himself safe. Kind of he thought, his mouth twisting in a wry smile as his gaze swept to the statuesque mare that had captured him with nary a protest. He needed Kynreeve because life was too long and complicated to go through on his own, he did not want to be alone in the world. Seeing the pain his father had went through when his mother disappeared, Ignazi had always kept his heart under tight guard. Oh, he flirted, he had become physically involved with mares before, but before anything could progress beyond that, he would end it. When Kynreeve pronounced that she was leaving, he realized how bad he needed her in his life, he needed someone in his life to love and to love him, and deep down, although he'd never admit it to himself, he wasn't brave enough yet to look beyond familial love. With no family, he was isolated by his own fears, he didn't belong anywhere.

He turned to the eagle, "Thank you." he began simply, and then repeated the description he had given Vaniania earlier.

His green eyes rested on Vaniania again, following her gaze, his own darted around the circle, quite suddenly becoming aware that there were quite a few other mares listening intently to his story. He blushed, not generally one to reveal such personal information to strangers.

He flared his wings, an unconscious defensive habit from foalhood when he had not been big or strong enough to defend himself. He wasn't really sure what to do. He was not used to so much attention, most particularly so much overt attention from a group of lovely females. Where he grew up, he was left mostly to himself unless he had business or caused a problem, so he had never really had the need to develop many conversational skills. After travelling so long on his own, he felt rather shell shocked by the company.

He turned to Vaniania with a pleading gaze, she was not close to him, but she was much more familiar than the others, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. The fact that he was 'captured' was still prominent in his mind, so clearly there were expectations, but they were being so kind to him, he felt more like a guest than property at the moment. Would that change? He had the idea that Vaniania was rebelling a little in the way she was choosing to treat him, he had gotten the distinct impression that the rest of the herd would not be alright with her releasing him. So he would need to act the part, not raise any suspicions that might get her in trouble.
"So... The Flock. I'm not really familiar with your... Expectations. Is there... Anything I'm supposed to do for you? Cleaning? working? The only skills I really have revolve around combat..." He trailed off awkwardly and winced, would they think he was a danger to them now? Perhaps he should have simply sat quietly.

mindsend

Faithofthefallen
Crew

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:43 pm
User Image "You'd have to prove yourself loyal before being allowed to be a Harem Guard."

The voice came from the smallest of the mares there, and she stood up from her sitting position. At just shy of 12 hands and lightly boned, she should have looked dainty and harmless, but the mare clearly was strong for her size and held herself with the comfortable air of a warrior as she stretched herself out, her bone mask adding to her intimidating appearance. However, her voice, while straight forward and a little gruff, held no malice, "Though you could opt to be a "Gladiator" which is little more than an actor pretending to fight, or a sparring partner for young mares if you wanted something to do with those skills. However all you gotta do is behave, give respect, and if a mare wants to share her nest with you for whatever reason and there are no objections on your part, have fun and try to last more than a couple seconds."

User ImageSeveral of the other harpies laughed, including a polite chuckle of amusement from the Oracle and a nervous titter from Vaniania. Vanmoriel meanwhile gasped playfully and gave Kamunyak a slight nudge of her knuckles to her childhood hero, "Kamunyak! You're going to make the poor man nervous!"

Turning her attention to Ignazio, Vanmoriel gave him a warm, welcoming smile, "Nothing is expected of you.. Well yes, being well behaved and respectful, and always having a female escort, but otherwise you are free to explore the gender neutral areas and learn trades. Our sire is the founder of the Artisan Guild and could help find you a trade" She put a claw to her chest, eyes closing, giving her a dignified, graceful air, "or perhaps you can take up farming if you wished. Or venture into caves with a team in search of precious metals or gems. Or if it interested you you could become a whistler, a pet to none but lover of all. Or you could do nothing at or flitter about at different activities that catch your passing fancy - males have no real responsibility here, just to provide something. Even if it's just company or siring children."

Faithofthefallen

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces