Submit

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 am
my new baby rat big George got sick on Christmas eve, and I did all I could, but vets arent open on Christmas eve, he died this morning. I only had him for a week, but I loved him still, RIP lil man heart heart

And Mini Me, was my miniature rooster, a little rooster with a big attitude, he was old, possibly 7+ years. He just showed up at our house one year, and stayed. He was my only reason to enjoy feeding the chickens in this nasty weather, and I miss him. I dont know why he died, probably old age... heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 pm
So sorry to hear about George. They're so sensitive at that age and myco is impossible to completely eliminate. Even the best breeders cant guarantee it's not going to pop up with someone. Least he had a few weeks on this earth with his siblings and some lovin  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
So sorry to hear about George. They're so sensitive at that age and myco is impossible to completely eliminate. Even the best breeders cant guarantee it's not going to pop up with someone. Least he had a few weeks on this earth with his siblings and some lovin
ty, I am glad that he did get a little love on his short time on earth. I was so tired through so much of it that it seems like a bad dream, like, I know hes gone, but I barely remember it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:51 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
ty, I am glad that he did get a little love on his short time on earth. I was so tired through so much of it that it seems like a bad dream, like, I know hes gone, but I barely remember it...

I was like that with Rascal for a very long time. I worked all day and just before I was going to sleep I got the call from my brother. Was up with him all night and we ended euthanizing him around 10am and then I stayed up the rest of the day just in shock. I was so delerious by the time we euthanized him that for the next week I kept thinking the whole day was a bad dream. I had to try to convince myself it really happened. Especially since he was so indipendant it wasn't abnormal to go a day without seeing him. So it just felt like he was downstairs or outside and I'd see him soon.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:36 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Cowgirl-with-heart
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

I was like that with Rascal for a very long time. I worked all day and just before I was going to sleep I got the call from my brother. Was up with him all night and we ended euthanizing him around 10am and then I stayed up the rest of the day just in shock. I was so delerious by the time we euthanized him that for the next week I kept thinking the whole day was a bad dream. I had to try to convince myself it really happened. Especially since he was so indipendant it wasn't abnormal to go a day without seeing him. So it just felt like he was downstairs or outside and I'd see him soon.
yea sad after Bubba died, I would go out to chuck stuff to the chickens, and go to call him and remember....  
Rainbow Bridge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games