Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm
User Image

User Image

Jube's had been restless lately. She had been having flashes of migraines and she interpreted it as a bad omen personally. She had visited her patrol goddess and found that Eywa could not help her decipher her head aches; so Jube's decided a bit of time with one of her offspring would suffice to sooth her mind. She padded along the branches that the pride used as a walk way, greeting others in her soft spoken way; until she descended onto the ground; headed towards where the artisans and crafters spent their time. She spotted her pale daughter immediately.

She stepped up behind her daugther Ftxoaza and cleared her throat to announce her presence. Her daughter was splattered with the paints she lovingly mixed and created and used to color other's lives. Sometimes Jube's wondered if it had anything to do with the paleness of her daugther's eyes; the ones they shared.

Ftxoaza hadn't heard her mother approach and was busy up to her elbows with steeping a new color of paint. She had found some lovely white flowers and was hopeful that she could extract the coloration and use it to paint. She was using a hollowed out log she had been working on for weeks to hold the pounds of petals, while she had stream water she had boiled steeping it. The water was cool enough that she could put her paws in to mash the mixture into a paste.

Her tongue was sticking out slightly as she worked; her pale eyes squinted and her attention directly on her job. She lifted her head upon hearing her mothers voice and she perked up. "Mother!" She said with a giggle and turned to look at her, her paws still in the container. "I see you..." She added as she continued to mash.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:03 pm
Jubes chuckled at the mess around them. Her daughter certainly loved her paint making. Beside her sat containers, covered with large leaves as a lid. Different scents mixed the air; as the paint was made usually out of flowers. She could see a lid with blue like her toes (there was paint seeping out of the lid) that seemed intensely fragrant.

"I see you daughter." She said simply, stepping over to a container with what appeared to be red paint. A color not used often; as it stood out amongst the environment and was considered a danger to have around. She looked hesitant to investigate it... It smelled fragrant too... but Jubes didn't want to remember what the smell of the disliked color. "You seem busy."

Ftxoaza began to scrape some of the white mixture off from her paws and onto the sides of the container. She wasn't doing such a good job, it was still very sticky and thick; so she ended up just spreading it around her forelegs and hiding her stripes. "I am... I have been testing new ingredients for paints... I keep finding new flowers that I think will work... and when I try it has been failing more often than not. This white has been taking me waaaay to long to get right...."

She looked frustrated and began to scrape with her other paw, getting much of it off and finally stepping back from her container of white. She stepped over to a stump that she had hollowed out with a cork type contraption at the bottom; where she would unplug when she was done and let the water drain out. She would refill it after wards. It was her cleansing dish. "I even made a vibrant red..." She motioned to the container her mother was avoiding.

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm
Jube's couldn't help but avoid looking at the red paint and to look at a few paintings that her daughter had done on a tanned hide. It was a picture of home tree with many things down below, all sort of resembling a few lions she recognized even. She smiled, going closer to the artwork. "The red... why are you making red?" She asked, trying to keep her attention at the artwork.

She didn't look too thrilled at the talk of this color.

Ftxoaza knew it would be a touchy subject. "I am not sure why... I figured that someday we may need the red paint to help find each other in the night... perhaps... though I guess it's more to tune my skills. I want to be able to make any colors I need in a moments time." She said.

Jube's nodded. It was a pretty simple answer in reality. Though Jube didn't know any reason for red to be used. It hadn't been used ever in her life time let alone any that the navi had needed... No one, even the elders... knew of a time in which red was needed. "I have been having these migraines lately..." she said to change the subject.

Ftxo had been washing her paws off in her water bin and paused, to look over at her mother. She could see an expression on her face. Was it an expression of worry? She looked back to her washing and did so furiously. She then stepped back and let her legs drip the whitish water on the ground... "Have you seen someone about it?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 pm
She sat and sort of shrugged her shoulders. "I have talked to Satomi and Eywa... I have discussed perhaps some herbal remedies... Tried some different meals... Nothing seems to be working... so i am just attributing it to the changing weather. As to not worry myself or anyone else. Your father is on high stress because of it... " She paused. "...which is nothing new..." She added. Her eyes softened at seeing her grown daughter so enthralled by her work.

"You think maybe you could paint me something sometime?" She said, trying to change the subject off from something that was simply; not worth the worry. "You're painting is beautiful. I think you should do more of them. Is that Zelt'sin and Eytucan?" She pointed to figures under the tree. They were embraced; resembling the queen and king.

Fxtoa nodded. "Yeah.. that they are..." She smiled. "Of course I will paint you something mother. Perhaps something for you and father to put in your hammock. I will see if I can get one of the hunters to find me a pelt... maybe something a bit rare... a zebra perhaps..." She looked thoughtful. The black and white horse was pretty rare, considering they were in a jungle and the creature had a hard time walking around in such a dense place.

"I can do that... I will surprise you..." She said with a smile, tossing a glance at her mother. "Try and rest mom... You will get better..."

Jubes nodded and smiled. "I think both i and your father would love that... If you make it we will surely put it up; regardless of how good it is... " She smiled deeply and reached out to embrace her child. She then stood. "I think I will go lay down... come get me in a little while if you like. Oh-how about when the nightly meal is shared? I would love to sit beside you child." She turned away and began to walk back to her hammock. She would sleep...

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100