Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:51 pm
Depawsit

User Image

The brown hyena had a collecting problem. Every time he settled down for a night, he always went around the area and gathered up anything he thought was interesting. His particular interest was bones. Cracked bones were his favorites. Nuing would bring his scavenged items back to where he was spending the night, and place it all in a neat circle. Then he'd settled down in the middle of it all to sleep.

Well in the morning he had a vertiable problem on his paws. He hated leaving all of his stuff, but could never carry it all away. There was a couple bones he always carried with him though, and that had to suffice. Reluctantly Nuing would gather up his few precious posessions and leave the rest behind. He was heading for a place full of his wildest dreams. Bones everywhere. Far as the eye could see. The hyena was following the trail. With more and more bones scattered on the ground he knew he was getting closer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 am
User Image

Out alone once again, that was the story of Kitokono's life lately. Since the loss of his mate, and the growth of his pups he had nothing left to do but wander. At times he wondered whether it was time to take on a new mate, but at others he didn't think he would ever be able to take on that responsibility again.

Days like today were what made him feel against the idea. He would make up miserable and sour. Just wanting to sleep away the day, but he knew better. He had duties to take care of, and he wasn't the type to shun them simply because he was in a sour mood. Instead he'd drug himself out of his den and out into the bright sunny day before him. He couldn't help but ponder about the irony of the situation for a moment before heading out on his usual trail. He was the type who enjoyed following the trails less traveled. The ones where there were rarely others to bump into, but still needed to be watched after.

He fully expected to be fully bored on his daily route, just like every other day. Little did he know, he was in for a different type of day.

magnadearel

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 am
Depawsit

He was deeply regretting his decision to leave a certain bone behind. It had absolutely beautiful cracks all along it, but there really was no way he could carry it. Nuing gave a deep sigh. Maybe, just maybe, he could find what he was looking for today then go back for that bone. He knew more than likely he wouldn't find that place for days and days. While that bone might be lost there was countless others he could find.

Then he spotted another hyena going in the direction he had come from. At first he was going to nod and pass by then a thought occurred to him. What if this hyena loved bones as much as he did? He would find the pile where he'd slept; then he might steal that bone. Nuing knew he couldn't let that happen. He set his few treasures down and spoke.

"Excuse me, you wouldn't be out searching for bones would you?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:25 am
As was Kitokono's typical behavior, he was so absorbed in his own self pity, that he hadn't even noticed the brightly colored male walking along the trail. Which completely cancelled out the entire point of being out here, but he didn't care. He was good at his job - but sometimes the pain just became too much and he had to allow it to take over. This had just been one of those times.

It took longer than Kito is willing to admit, for the other hyena's words to finally sink into his skull. At which point he became very defensive, the fur along his back stood on end, his stance went from woeful to killer, and the snarl of his teeth proved he was in no mood to play. But taking a closer look at the male, he didn't seem at all attack ready - or even threatworthy at all. Kito watched with a close eye as he answered the male's question.

"Bones? Why on Ear-" He paused, remembering the many times his mate had told him to be more polite - he had a way of coming off as more unfriendly than he intended. "N-no, i'm not. I'm scouting for my pack ... a pack you are dangerously close to." Pausing once more, he failed to mention just how close he really was, or the enormous amount of bones that their home contained. "Why do you ask? Is there something you need assistance with?"

Magnadearel

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:46 pm
Depawsit

It surprised him, the reaction the other hand to his innocent question. But that could only mean. He debated running back right then to get the bone so this hyena couldn't steal, then reason set it. A closer look showed this one didn't carry anything at all. A scout wouldn't carry stuff either. Nuing took a deep breath.

"Well you see, I'd left this beautiful bone back along the way and didn't want anyone to get it. If you'd be so kind as not to take it, I was planning on coming back for it after I found the source of bones. I am sorry, I didn't mean to come near your pack. It's just the trail leads this way." The brown and green hyena looked hopefully at the other male for bone clues.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:30 am
Kitokono seemed taken aback by the male's story. He was here .. for a bone? It almost made him want to chuckle, but that would be very disrespectful to his companion.

"I see, well you have my word that I will not take your bone." Raising a paw in the air, he crossed it over his chest. "As for the source of the bones, I guess you truly have no idea where you are afterall." Kitokono couldn't hold it in anymore and let out a small laugh. "You're in the Elephant Graveyard ... it's my pack's territory. The source of your bones, is our little secret. Though if you continue to follow the trail you'll be met with some unsatisfactory greetings." Shaking his head at his own words, he looked up once more. "We aren't a very vicious pack, though we've had troubled times and strangers often bring trouble."

magnadearel

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:56 pm
Depawsit
I fail so badly. I'm sorry!

The brown male heaved a huge sigh of relief. If there was nothing more he feared was loosing a really good bone to a stranger. "Thank you so much!" Nuing bobbed his head, "no I don't. I don't belong any particular place and I just follow the bones." He blinked a bit as the other hyena laughed. What was so funny? Anyway. What was that? He perked his ears. Graveyard? Elephants?

Elephants were big. Nuing glanced side to side then moved a few steps closer as if someone was trying to listen in. "So, how do I get in?" He didn't want trouble with anyone, but he really wanted a steady supply of bones. A graveyard sounded perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 pm
Kito's ear perked with interest at the male's quick change in mindset. He'd gone from being a follower, to a convert in a matter of seconds! He obviously wasn'y lying when he mentioned he like bones. Perplexed by the male's close approach, Kito chose to hold up his guard. Though he would remain friendly, there was no reason for violence. Not here, not now, not ever again.

"Well one of the first things you have to do is request acceptance into the pack." This time Kito was the one to lean into the other. "Between you and me, that won't be a tough task at all." He smiled, though it quickly vanished. Almost as though it had never been there to begin with.

"Then you have to be accepted by the leaders. Once you've gotten their approval - well you could have all the bones you wanted."

magnadearel
xD

You do no!

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:43 pm
Depawsit
*Snugs*

The brown male nodded, though he really wasn't sure who he was suppose to ask for acceptance. This male? Someone else deeper in the pack? How was he suppose to get there to ask when this one said he would be met with unwelcome reception? It was so complicated and all he wanted was the bones. All those glorious, large bones.

"Alright, sounds good. Let me run back for the bone I left and then I'll be ready. Will you introduce me to whoever I need to talk to?" So close to his goal he did not want to leave that bone for another. With the promise of all the bones he could want, Nuing would go through just about anything to get it. "I'm Nuing by the way."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:08 pm
Kitokono nodded solemnly to the male's request, he saw no problem with waiting here for him to return. So long as his other bone wasn't far from here, the two could be on their way soon enough.

"Of course Nuing, that is after all part of my duties." Trying to be friendly he offered the other a sheepish grin. "I'm Kitokono by the way, now go get that bone of your's and we can be on our way."

magnadearel
Fin? Or would you like to add another post?

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:12 pm
Depawsit
Done! Thanks Paws!

Score! Nuing didn't waste any time. He bobbed his head and turned on his heels; racing back the way he came. As eager as he was it wouldn't take long to get there and back. He was finally going to Bone Heaven! The male didn't feel the ground under his paws as he ran, so giddy was he. In no time at all he'd return and be taken to his new place.  
[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games