Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<P> How Many Dragons [Con't] (Adi/Yu/Blessed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:45 pm
(OOC:Previous Thread - The thread is so old Gaia will not allow replies; Continuing here until we finish!)

Meepfur
Despite the fact that there were two perfectly usable bathing pools in her and Rio's rooms, they weren't actually any good for swimming in; it had sort of worked when she was younger and smaller, but not so anymore. If Adrienne wanted to go swimming, she had to go outside - or to visit Illisia, since she had been invited, but she felt like being outside today.

This meant something of a compromise, as Love strongly suggested that when she went swimming near the Pantheon, she should really wear something. The point of wearing clothes in water rather escaped the teenage werewolf, but she obeyed nonetheless, and had donned an old t-shirt after cutting a haphazard hole in the back to accomodate her wings.

Phlox lay at the edge of the water, dozing.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu was out and about on his self-imposed rounds; instead of being alone in this task, he was accompanied this day by one of his followers. The waifish female walked quietly at her Lord's furry side, her eyes gazing upward at the mangled, horrorshow face with it's pitch colored fur and many eyes. She was unafraid. Her lack of fear was one of the reasons that the Dragon King did not mind her attending him about the Pantheon - or the slowly rebuilding city about the Pantheon either.

Blessed noticed the swimmer and the floox and reached out to gently touch Yu's arm even as he was turning his head towards the sounds and scents of the girl in the water. "I've seen her before, Lord Dragon."

"Shall we say hello?" Blessed nodded in agreement and they altered their course to come closer to where Adi and Phlox were. It seemed a little odd to just come over while someone was swimming, at least without letting said person know you were there, so Yu called out to Adi in greeting. "Hello there -- nice day for a swim?"

Meepfur
Startled from his doze by the call, Phlox came awake with a yip and looked for the source, only to fix his gaze on the monstrous Yu. Whoooa, scary! But the little floox, rather than flee or cower, issued his most fearsome growl at the many-eyed beast-god, the ridge of fur on his back standing even more erect. He'd better stay away from his Adi!

Adrienne, on the other hand, wasn't the least bit put off. He sounded nice, and was quite possibly a god, so what was there to worry about? "Hush," she said to Phlox, "Be nice! They haven't done anything."

"Hello~!" she called back. "It's wonderful. Would you like to come in?"

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.To the tiny fluff-ball that had been snoozing so lighly on the sand, there was no doubt but that Yu would seem as an imposing and potentially dangerous interloper. Yu buried his mirth at the creature's tiny, ferocious growling and the hackles-raised stance of protection that he'd taken up between the Dragon King and the bathing female; well did he respect that sort of loyalty - it mirrored the feelings and actions he himself would have taken for the Twin Crown.

Instead of poking fun, he moved slowly to push Blessed further behind him, all the while sending little tendrils of energy to soothe and assure Phlox that though he looked like a nightmarish enemy, he was not. No harm would come to either being by Yu's hand (though yes, he did briefly consider what the floox would taste like).

"Your guardian is to be commended, young lady." Yu 'smiled' and chuckled a bit, head dipping to the side to peer at his companion. "With his permission, perhaps I will join you." If Phlox was amenable to having some 'guests', he would get into the water (as would his whey-faced companion).

Blessed inclined her head to the swimming teen; she respected her elders more than most - and even more so those that her Master seemed to hold in some regard (newly met or no). One frail hand went up to push fine, rough hairs back behind her ear and though she wasn't nervous, she fidgeted. Adrienne was beautiful in her eyes...beautiful in ways that she herself could not be.

Meepfur
Rrrrrrr. The low growl continued until a second 'shh!', at which point Phlox finished with a huff of complaint. Fine. But he didn't trust this crazy-looking thing! It had too many eyes, and could eat him in one gulp. It could eat Adi, too! It would take more than one gulp, but still. After giving the dragon a beady-eyed glare for good measure, the floox slipped into the water to paddle to his mistress.

The werewolf scooped him against her chest to whisper a few soothing words before speaking again to the strange god. She was pretty sure that was what he was - he smelled like one, she thought, and had a servant, and was quite impressive-looking besides.

"I don't think he realizes how little he is," she said with a chuckle, "That or he doesn't care."

"He's never seen anyone like you before, but he'll see soon enough there's nothing to be afraid of." Adrienne was as trusting as they came. Just because he was a god didn't mean he was good, but almost everybody got the benefit of the doubt in Adi's world.

Syrie
Close enough. Phlox retreated to the water and into the young werewolf's arms for comfort (and also to protect, certainly) and Blessed knelt at the side of the water to wait while her Master bathed with Adi. She would not go into the water with them, she was not so demure as to be ashamed to bathe naked, but she did not like for others to see her without clothing. It was one of her quirks and even surviving to see the End of the World averted could not change that part of her basic nature.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu moved past his servant, touching her hair very lightly as he did so, and joined Adi and Phlox. The water made the shorter fur of his body slick to his flesh and the longer fan out around him. "I am Yu, Five Claws and she," He gestured with his horned head towards the girl smiling and dipping her toes into the water, "Is Blessed, my servant. What is your name, young lady?" If they were going to be sharing the water, they could at least share their names. "And his name?"

Meepfur
User Image While Phlox was anything but pleased to be joined in the water by that thing, his mistress was absolutely delighted. Two eyes or six, new friends were new friends! Beneath the water, her tail wagged.

Yu. Five Claws. That was a title that implied not an ordinary god or domain, but a dragon. And if he was a dragon, his appearance certainly made sense! Would Laurence and Illisia come to look so...beast-like? Not that there was anything wrong with that, of course, she herself had wolf bits, but it was especially odd to imagine Laurence in such a way.

"You must be a dragon!" Adi beamed, pleased by her own 'discovery.' "I'm Adi, and he's Phlox. It's nice to meet you both."

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu chuckled at the pretty young girl's wagging tail; it disturbed the surface of the water and caused ripples that he recognized (his own tail did much the same when he was swimming in the pools around the Pantheon proper). Phlox could continue to look unhappy about Yu being in the water with his mistress, but he'd given consent (well, Adi had given consent and there was little that the Floox could do to deter a Dragon King from something he wanted).

"Yes, you are correct. I am the Emblem Pillar to the Twin Crown. I don't think Phlox likes me very well." Here Yu's mirth was apparent in the way his many eyes tilted, the crinkling of his muzzle and the twitching of his long, furred ears. The Dragon King glanced back at Blessed to assure himself that she was fine and then submerged himself in the water to glide past Adi and Phlox, only the top of his muzzle and head above the water, much like an alligator or yes, a dragon.

"Tell me, Adi...have you met many Dragons?"

Meepfur
User Image Rather than keep treading water with his little legs, Phlox opted to perch himself on Adi's shoulder and let her keep them both up. And if the monster-god tried to touch her, he could bite him! Oh yes. It was quite the plan.

Adi chuckled. "He'll get over it eventually. I think."

"Not anyone who's a dragon yet, but a couple of hosts, Illisia and Laurence."

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Watching the little floox watching him was amusing still though perhaps a bit tiring as he had no plans to harm Adi; he was still keeping a bit of distance though - to honor the tiny creature's bravery.

On the shore, Blessed watched her Master and the pretty young girl-creature with the tiny thing now on her shoulder; she was thinking that she hoped Master Yu would not harm the floox or anything like that. While they were bathing, she watched them without looking directly...Adi's long hair and slightly tufted ears fascinating to her. It was clear to her that this young woman wasn't 'normal', like she was.

"Ah, Illisia and Laurence. I shall keep those names for later, when I am able to meet with them." His voice was a low rumble that carried over the water to Blessed's ears. At that, Yu plunged his head into the water, the sharp line of his spine through to the wet-but-pointed end of his tail showing as he dived ever deeper.

It would be a few moments before he came back up, a good bit away from Adi and Phox; eyes bright as he surfaced and swam closer to them again. "I'm sure you will meet many of my Brothers, staying around the Pantheon...and many Gods too." his head lifted further from the water as he regarded Adi and her pet thoughtfully. "You are of diefic blood, are you not?" Her scent was masked by the water, mostly, but he could feel the thread of power left on her by having one divine parent.

"Whom do you call family, Adi?"

Meepfur
User Image "Half," she answered after a moment, pleasantly surprised that he just knew somehow. Could he smell it, maybe? She thought gods smelled a little different than other people, but the pool of half-gods was much smaller - just herself and her brother, as far as she was aware, so it was hard to tell.

"Rio - Love - and Hunt's aoide, Orin. And my brother, Kinsley." There were several others she called family, but that was her actual family family.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ah, so she was only half blooded? Like the Fragment's spawn, Joss and Dan. "Ah, I have not met the Love god yet, perhaps you will introduce me? To your parent and your brother..." Yu's eyes squinched a little bit as he considered - perhaps she would like to meet other halfling children?

"If you wouldn't mind, I think my wards might enjoy meeting you and your sibling as well. My host spawned a pair of children with Brother Zhijian's servant, Ashoka. Joss and Dan are somewhat like yourself, possessing some deific blood."

That did bring up a thought - how many children were there? God-children or halfings like Adi and Kinsley? It was a good thing to ask, he knew there were children belonging to Echo of Music and her harsh-featured husband, Underworld. Yu knew because he'd seen them during the Lotus Ceremony...and also because his large, tufted ears heard much whilst he prowled the Pantheon grounds (or lay at Creation's perfect, pale feet).

Meepfur
User Image "I'd be happy to introduce you!" Adi agreed readily. Rio loved meeting people just as much as she did, and it would be awfully fun to being him this cool god she'd 'found.' Yu was quite the fabulous discovery, if she did say so herself.

"Really? I didn't know there was anyone else!" Ooh, how exciting~! "I'd love to meet them!"

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Excellent. I thank you, Adi...though you may not be so pleased when you meet Joss and Dan." Something niggled at the back of Yu's mind; a lingering feeling that there was a fact he was missing or forgetting. He closed two sets of eyes and focused inward briefly to capture the fluttering thought; once he had it, his great jaws split and laughter rumbled up from deep in his chest.

"Yes, there are others. And I believe that Joss has met your parent. Does Rio have candied wings of near the same shade as yours?" The thought he'd pounced on was when Joss had come back to their dwellings, sugary-pink candy feathers stuck in his mouth; so proud at having 'stalked and devoured' his "prey". The pardmentling had growled out the story past his candied prize: candied wings and meat-filled sandwiches and how he eventually had fallen asleep from having a full tummy - an act that had allowed the 'prey' to escape him.

Meepfur
User Image "Why's that?" Perplexed, Adi tilted her head. Why wouldn't she be pleased when she met these other halfing-children? Surely it would be wonderful! They could have all sorts of fun!

"He does!" The young woman laughed. "They're hard, though, not soft like mine. And prettier, really." Like colored glass, and since he'd changedr, crowned with gold. Much fancier than hers!

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."My wards are very sharp, sly and wicked little creatures...I fear my host's ill nature has been passed down to them." He made an exasperated chuffing sound; something that caused the water in front of him to splash briefly even as it caught the attention of the patiently waiting Blessed. Yu didn't seem particularly worried about her though, more he seemed to be dwelling on the spawn of his host and Ashoka....and their 'supposed' ill natures.

"Then it was your parent that Joss 'captured'. He was very proud to have caught such 'interesting' prey...and upset to find that Rio had "escaped" while he napped." Yu padded lazily in the water; enjoying the feel almost as much as he was enjoying Adi's presence and the discomfiture of Phlox. Speaking of... "I would be wary of Phlox around the children...both would view him as food."

Meepfur
User Image "They're not nice?" This perplexed the werewolf, clearly. She simply wasn't acquainted with wickedness, not at all. Surely they couldn't be all bad?

"Food? Oh, goodness..." Adi hugged her companion a little closer. "He'll have to stay home, then." At this, Phlox grumbled with displeasure. While he didn't like the idea of being a snack, he didn't like the idea of his Adi being alone with the monstrous Yu and his wards, either.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu pondered whether or not Joss and Dan could be classified as nice...it wasn't that they were horrible or anything of the sort, but both of the pardmentlings did infact carry Fragment's 'habit' of devouring anything that seemed remotely edible and also of being wicked. Neither could help it, however...so he was loathe to brand them as bad, but not nice sounded pretty apt.

"Correct...though they can both be charming." He didn't want her thinking they were absolutely horrible (though they could be). "Don't worry, I'm sure they will find you interesting enough to not bite." He chuckled a bit, then gave Phlox a flat look. "You could bring him, if you wanted. I can offer him my protection - though Joss and Dan will certainly view him as a meal, they will not go against my wishes."

It was an offer made mostly to assauge the little creature's obvious displeasure; Yu was a beastial god, but he was also one that made an attempt to be fair.

Meepfur
User Image "Oh, they bite?" Adi giggled and relaxed a little, thinking perhaps she understood the not-niceness a bit. "I used to bite when I was little." She grinned, showing off her small fangs - nothing impressive like Yu's, of course, but she'd drawn her share of blood...but not in a long time. She was a big girl now, and big girls didn't bite! Or throw fits. Most of the time.

She might play in the dirt, but she definitely had a little princess side. "That would be good," she said, patting Phlox reassuringly. "I think he'd feel better."

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu nodded and made one of those 'long-suffering' sighs that parents of children that wouldn't stop biting everyone might make. "Ah, you did?" He looked thoughtful for a moment, "Perhaps Joss and Dan will grow out of it then - I hope." Adi's fangs were adorable and very well formed - as they should have been; racial traits and all that.

"Of course. I wouldn't want Phlox to be upset...besides, it would be good for the children to learn restraint!."

On the beach, Blessed heard the statement Yu made, her lips curving into a decidely sweet smile; often she 'babysat' the children...and they had tried to bite her - until Yu had threatened to beat them or worse. She thought that Adi's influence might help the pardmentlings more than Yu's threats; not that it was a guarantee - or that any of them could know before it was tried.

Meepfur
User Image Phlox certainly felt better, but he was still not happy; unfortunately, he was too small to really do anything about it. If Adi was set on doing something, the most he could do was accompany her like a good little watch-floox.

As nice as swimming was, this was even more exciting! "When can I meet them?"

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Whenever you'd like, Adi." He lifted his heavy head from the water and looked back towards the bank, to where Blessed rested in the soft grass. "Now, if that's what you wished." Yu saw no reason to delay if the girl swimming with him felt like she could handle it immediately...besides, there was no better time to see the pardmentlings: they were always the same amount of wicked, naughty and sharp.

Meepfur
User Image "I'd like to meet them now, if you don't mind?" Adi's grasp on patience was still so-so; she could wait if she had to, but if she didn't have to, then why bother? She let Phlox go so he could swim himself back to shore before following. She smiled at Blessed as she wrung out her tail and shook her legs a little. It would take more than that for her to really dry off, but it was better than nothing. The purpose of her shirt, however, was now semi-defeated, as it was white, but she didn't seem to notice.

"I don't think I really said hi before," she realized sheepishly. She'd been very distracted by Yu, and by Phlox's objections. "Sorry. I'm Adi." There werewolf extended a water-wrinkled hand in greeting.

Syrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Not at all." Yu was certain that the 'children' (if that pair of wee monsterous beasties could be called something so benign) would like Adi - if for no other reason than she was new and they hadn't mauled her yet! The inky Dragon King swam to shore and proceeded to dry himself in the time-honored tradition of a good, full-body shake - politely away from the two females and Phlox so he wouldn't soak them.

He noticed her white shirt being see-through, but tucked it away in his mind somewhere safer; Adi was fair of face and form, but she was also young and there was Ashoka to consider. Mate (of sorts) to Fragment-host. "Blessed, Adi and Phlox." He inclined his head so that Blessed would know that her conversing with Adi would please him.

"It's alright, Lady Adi. I'm Blessed." She took the beautiful young werewolf's water-logged hand in hers and squeezed once very lightly, dipping her head respectfully. The girl looked back to Yu, reassuring herself that her monstrous God needed nothing from her before offering Adi her over-shirt. "If you'd like, you can cover-up with this?"

Meepfur
User Image "You can just call me Adi," the werewolf insisted, grinning, though it was flattering to be called 'Lady.' Still, she was just Adi, not a goddess or anything, just an...aspiring aoide. It took Blessed's offer of her overshirt to bring her attention to the 'situation' with her shirt.

...oh, well, that was inconvenient, wasn't it? As much as Adi liked plants, clearly plant-based fabrics had some drawbacks. She'd have to remember that for next time. She giggled a little, certainly more amused by the wardrobe issue than embarrassed. Regardless, she accepted, since they were going to be walking around where others might see. "Thank you."

Not so considerate as Yu, Phlox shook right next to the girls - but he didn't have the size to really have much effect.

Syrie
Blessed looked wide-eyed at Adi, no way would she call this creature by such an undignified name! Master Yu would not be pleased if she were rude or inconciderate towards another of the Enlightened Ones. "Thank you, my Lady. You are most welcome." The pale-haired girl's eyes wandered to the dripping mass of the werewolf's hair and fidgeted a moment, "Lady Adi, would you like me to plait your hair? It will help keep the tangles to a minimum." And help the dripping too, perhaps.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu chuckled as Phlox shook his little body right next to the girls; Blessed put her hands up to keep the droplets from hitting her face, but otherwise didn't mind - the Floox was just too small to cause much of a fuss. "My handmaiden, Blessed, does not often get to spend time with other females...perhaps you would be so kind as to grace her your company every so often?" He really was fond of Blessed and wanted to give her a decent life with all the joys and pleasures to be had and as few of the sorrows and darker moments as possible. The girl had been buried in such things at one point in her life.

Meepfur
Adi's ears dropped a little when Blessed continued to call her 'Lady.' It was nice and all, but...but it wasn't fair! But she couldn't make her just call her Adi, either, so she said nothing further on the matter just yet. She'd try again later.

"Okay," she answered then, her ears perking up again. It was always nice to have your hair played with!

"I'd like that!" she responded to Yu, her tail wagging. "If you would Blessed?" Who didn't like to have more friends?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:45 pm
Poor Adi! But it would take more than one request for Blessed to cease calling the werewolfkin girl "Lady"; she was deeply ingrained in obeisance towards Yu and those she recognized (or just felt) were "higher" than she. It was something that had, quite literally, been beaten into her; a behavior that would take much time and kindness on Adi's part to undo.

The mortal girl gently used her fingers to comb through Adi's wet hair while her Master and this young Mistress spoke; even though it was in a large part about her, she kept her head down and herself busied with the task of smoothing out Adi's hair before separating the sections for plaiting.

"I would like that very much, my Lady." She looked at her master, then at the neatly plaited - but still very wet - hair she'd tied off with the cord that usually held her own hair back.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu rested, watching the two females with a fond expression on his nightmarish face; it was there if one knew what to look for...or how to see it. "Good. It's settled then. Blessed, you will spend more time with Adi from now on." He chuckled a bit, and nodded to Rio's daughter, "if I did not order her to do so, she would not. But you will help this child, I see this." And he was extremely fond of Blessed...she was devout and loved him with every iota of her being; Yu would have done nearly anything to keep her safe - he was protective of her... almost as a parent to it's child.

Not that he ever rationalized that. It was just the way that things had happened, had developed. When Harlan and Blessed came into his life...when all of Harlan's flock had accepted Yu as their God, their Master. His beloved Firsts..so loyal and steadfast, even as so many lay dying and he could do nothing to ease their suffering but offer a quicker death. He shook his head again, water droplets falling on Blessed's already dampened legs, then bared his teeth to her. "Yes, I think some...girl time...will definitely help."

Meepfur

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:45 pm
"I like helping," Adi asserted, and started to wag her tail...until she realized that she was thwapping Blessed with her wet tail. Oops! "Oh, sorry." She caught hold of the fluffy appendage and held it, as there was no other way to consciously keep it still.

"Girl time is awesome! There's lots of stuff we can talk about, and I'm sure we can find something fun to do."

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:35 pm
Blessed's eyes, wide with wonder that another being, one not Harlan, Yu or someone ordered by one of the two, would want to spend time with her, talking and doing...random girl things. Which was kind of amazing and also immensely humbling - and after all, Lord Yu had just asked Lady Adi to spend some time with her, but the werewolf-kin's bubbly acceptance of his request went above and beyond mere duty. It warmed her mortal heart and she lifted her eyes to give the girl another shy smile, hope bright in her usually sad eyes.

"I...would very much like that....but, my Lord Dragon, I thought we were to see the children now?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The Dragon King chuckled once more and then nodded his shaggy head, "You are correct, Blessed. Adi, if you are quite ready...then I shall take you to meet Joss...Dan if her mother has left her with my servants today." She likely would be, having borrowed a top to cover her soaked shirt from Blessed as well as having her hair braided; her tail and fur would dry out soon enough - the Dragon King himself had already used his mana to dry each strand of his 'living' fur.

He rose up, four legs on the ground firmly so that Blessed - and Adi, if she wished - could sit astride his thick body and ride back to where the Gods dwelt within the Pantheon grounds. "Come. Ride upon my back, it will be faster."

Blessed mounted her Lord as he had asked; she fisted two hands within his thick fur, pulling and holding tightly lest she fall - this was something that she had done often, apparently. "Lady Adi, come up too, it's...fun." She blushed a bit, but offered one hand to the werewolf-kin so that she might help her upon Yu Five Claw's broad back.  

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:15 pm
"We can do girl stuff after," Adi suggested cheerfully, "Or tomorrow, or whenever you want!"

As she fluffed her tail a bit, Yu offered to let her ride on him, and her eyes widened with delight. A dragonride! How awesome! Adi bounced on her paws, excited, before taking Blessed's hand. Phlox was not at all pleased by this development, and yipped and pouted at his mistress. "Well, come on then! Or go home, but make up your mind."

The ridgeback grumbled, then proceeded to chatter most sternly at the Dragon King, just in case he was thinking about hurting him or his Adi. He did not like this big toothy god, not at all! Once he was satisfied with the 'talking-to' he had issued, he scrambled up to Adi's shoulder before she could climb up without him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Despite the hilarity of the oh-so-tiny Phlox chattering so seriously at him, Yu kept his expression somber the whole time; out of respect for the small creature's dedication to his mistress, he would afford Phlox that much. He waited until both Blessed and Adi were settled comfortably on his broad back before setting off; initially at a quick jog just to give Adi and Phlox time to get used to the way he moved (and to make sure neither was apt to fall off any time soon) but very shortly they were racing over the ground, each long stride eating up the distance with ease.

It would seem to be an all-too-short ride, if they enjoyed it (Blessed did, Phlox likely did not); once they were on the immediate Pantheon grounds, Yu would stop and crouch down so that the girls could dismount and follow him. From there, it was a short trip to the Dragon King's personal rooms - where the one(s) they were to meet usually dwelt.

"'Shoka?! Joss!? Dan!?" Yu called for his "family" to come; whichever one(s) might be in, that is.

Blessed quickly went to fetch refreshments for Yu, Adi and Phlox before remembering that there may be more "guests" to serve; when she returned to the main area, she was carrying a large tray with steaming tea, cream, sugar, honey and what looked to be small tart-like objects, as well as some fresh fruit. After setting this down, she would serve each person in turn, starting with Adi and Phlox, since they were the only actual guests.

Meepfur
As a note, if you don't want to have Ashoka or Dan in, that's totally fine with me - I wanted to leave it up to you, rather than make it a forced issue >>;;

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:50 pm
Riding on a dragon was much cooler than riding on an erras! Adi laughed happily as they went, hugging close to Blessed - not because she was scared, but because, well, hugs! Okay, so some of it was because not falling was good, but mostly it was just because. She was a bit disappointed when the ride was over, but there was some excitement there, too: she'd get to meet her new friends soon! That was obviously what Joss and Dan would be, she was sure, despite the warnings about bitiness.

...and after following Yu the rest of the way, there was food! Hooray! The werewolf was quick to nab a tart and snarf it. "Thank you~!"

Now where were these fuzzy dragonbabies?

Dan did not come when called. That was something Dan simply did not do, purely on principle. Barring an offering of something meaty and delicious to eat, she was not the sort to go rushing up to daddy when he came home. No, she would be contrary and he could come to her, if he wanted to see her.

She was going to lay here under this nice blanket, sucking the fuzz off of it and gnawing off little pieces, because tearing nice things into bits was fun.

But...there was another voice there she did not recognize. But no. Blanket. Destroying. She was busy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:50 am
Yu called once more for the children that didn't appear immediately - not that he'd really thought they would. Joss would come soon, because he smelled their guests, but Dan made a point of never, ever coming when called. The Dragon King usually had to go fetch his daughter or lure her out with some tasty meats or sweets. "Just a moment."

The Dragon King went into the other room to fetch his children, picking up some dried meat with which to lure the brats on the way. Blessed would entertain Adi while he was gone - if the growling and hissing from the other room didn't do it.

Joss didn't come when called either, at least not often. He was slightly more obedient than Dan, mostly for the purpose of subterfuge. While Yu was heading to where he scented his daughter, Joss came creeping into the main room; the pardmentling's long tail was half-poofed and he slunk closer and closer to Adi, finally hiding "behind" the leg of a dais (that didn't hide him at all). Blessed noticed him and picked up a tart as an offering - with food in the offering, Joss would come forward, settle on his fluffy butt and munch on his treat, eyes going from Adi to Blessed and back again.

Blessed smiled and looked to Adi, "This is Joss, my Lord's son."

Elsewhere, the Dragon King had found his inky little daughter and was crouching beside the blanket and trying to lure her out. "Da~an...come out and say hello. We have guests and food." Yu purred and twitched his tail, reaching under the blanket not to grab her but to smooth her hair. Grabbing either of the pardmentlings never ended well; they were sharp and seemed to know just where to bite and claw that would hurt the most, do the most damage.

Yu blamed it on the Fragment. Ashoka usually smiled and agreed.

"C'mon baby girl, come out. I have something for you." He showed the dried meat but didn't give it to her, "There's more. Blessed is here." Usually the kids liked Blessed (she spoiled them horribly). "She's brought a friend, Adi. Come out to meet her so I can find your brother."

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm
So. Cute. So fluffy and spotty! Adi cooed at the sight of Joss 'hiding,' her own fluffy tail wagging with enthusiasm. She beamed and waved at the pardmentling when Blessed introduced him. "Hi, Joss! I'm Adi!"

No. No no no. She was very busy. See? See this blanket? It was hers and it needed more holes in it. Dan 'rrrr'ed at the hand that reached under her blanket, baring teeth with bits of fuzz stuck between them. She wanted guests, yes, and food, and Blessed, but she also wanted to not do what the dragon wanted her to do. Not so quickly, anyway! She would make him wait.

...but she did want that meat. A paw darted out from under the blanket, claws extended and reaching for the morsel with growled command. "Give."

It was one of her favorite words, right up there with 'no,' 'now,' and 'mine.'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:29 pm
No matter ho frustrating the Pardmentlings might have been (and oh, they broke the book for wretchedness, tenacity and devilment) he could not help but love the little monsters. Dan demanding that the Dragon King Yu the Five Claws give her anything when so many others were too terrified to even peep around him was one of the things he did cherish. Neither child feared him - they didn't have to, really - and he found that interesting. If sometimes annoying...it would have been nice to be able to roar at the darkly-furred bit of fluff and have her behave, but she wouldn't have and so he had to try other tactics.

"Out first, then I'l give." Yu made a great show of sniffing the meat appreciatively, "Maybe I'll eat instead..." .

When Joss spotted Adi's tail - so wonderfully fluffy and clean and soft looking - he stuffed the last bite of tart into his mouth, licked his paws clean and came padding over to her, his own overly-long tail quirked and kinked out behind him. A stripe of fur down his spine was raised as a warning, should this Adi person try anything harmful, and his wings tucked tightly against his body, but Joss did make the effort to meet her.

"Adi...not prey? Adi have tail too. Where get?" He looked at Blessed, made a snuffing, chuffing sound that clearly meant she was inferior with no tail and then returned his attention to Adi with a thoughtful little frown. "Smell like candy-prey. Why Adi smell like Rio-prey?"  

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers