It had been a couple days since the group had arrived at the border. Nim, like every other lion, had seen the rather glaring problem with one of the two lionesses. The blue and white lioness had found it curious how close she was to the other two. It was... Odd to her. She had no idea what the world beyond was like, having grown up in the Neled. Now... She found herself and her pride in a new land... Or old land, as it were. The move had come on the heels of the attack by the burning god, and they'd fallowed the word of the lion Maji... And now were in the lands he'd once called home before, and now called home again. And so were these new lions... She frowned, slipping through the mists and bushes to intercept the black lioness.

It had been a few days since they'd arrived at the border of the pride. It was a mysterious place, that was for certain... Navale and Mkuki were off doing some small hunting, just beyond the border, while Amaranth remained behind to just... Watch. It had been several weeks since Mkuki had joined their little group, and the dark lioness had found herself soon accepting the blue male as a brother, and him accepting her as a sister. It was an unconventional family, yes, but family none-the-less. She'd take it where she could get it. Which was why it felt odd to be alone, for the first time in weeks. As she was settling for a nap, she suddenly lifted her head. Had she heard something...? She looked around, before she found herself staring up at a pale lioness of blues and white. The black and red lioness gave a start, scrambling back in surprise. "Where did you come from?!"

"That's hardly important..." Nim slowly stepped around the lioness, eying her. "The important question is... What are YOU doing here?" She had nothing against the black or white on the lioness... It was more the red markings on her. They were... Bothersome. FIREKIN. They weren't acceptable, as it were. She reached up, moving the furs the lioness wore to examine them. "If you were trying to hide your Firekin blood.. You did a very poor job of it." She scowled at the other lioness. "We don't allow your kind here, so leave."

Amaranth's ears folded back as she stepped away from the blue and white lioness. "Excuse me, but... My kind? Firekin...?" Then she remembered - The pink on her neck was covered. "I'm not Firekin, I just happen to have red on me! It came from my father!" Her father... Her father! Maybe he'd be the key to get her into the pride of her ancestors! "Have you met him before? His name is Moses, his father was Ramses and his mother Laana - He used to LIVE here!" She siddled closer to the land's heart, only for the other lioness to get in her way. "Look, I just want to go to the lands of my ancestors! Is that too much to ask...?"

"Yes, yes it is." She shoved the dark liones away, expression turning dangerous. "Look, JUST because I'm a small lioness, doesn't mean I'm not STRONG. You had better leve, before you bring bigger trouble. And don't go waving names around with us, we know EXACTLY who Moses is!" Nim kept pushing, soon bringing them back to the border and the darker lioness shoved out of the trees. "His dear father, Ramses, was amid the FIRST to turn their backs on Maji, after all he did to try and save these lands, when his half-sister came back. And your father? Abandoned the lands! So I'm considering your bloodline TAINTED by the wrongs of the past!"

Amaranth gave a snort. "Am I to be judged on my own merits, or am I to be blamed for a crime I didn't commit?" She then let out a huff. "I'm not sure I want to be amid lions who are so judgemental, then..." She turned, ending up walking right into a bush. After struggling for a moment, she finally got free, only for the fur she wore on her neck to come off. She heard a gasp and froze, ears going back. For a moment, she wished the earth would open up and swallow her.

Nim drew back, eyes wide and ears folded back. "That pink..." She then let out a snarl, lashing out at the lioness. "GET OUT OF HERE!" It was the pink of HIM... The lion Maji had warned them about. She would NOT let such a lion into their lands! She'd probably be no better than the ancestor, albeit female. She wasn't sure how, but she'd probably go after all the males in the same manner as her ancestor had. The association with the pink being bad was VERY strong, and Nim wouldn't be the one to let anybody related to that lion in.

Hurriedly grabbing her pelt neck cover, Amaranth backed away from the lioness, ears back. When the other lioness stopped, she stopped as well, putting the collar on. "Look... I don't want trouble... And I know why you're panicked by the pink... I know the stories, I know where it comes from..." She swallowed, taking in a shuddering breath. "It's from my grandfather... My mother has it... And I was hoping to distance myself from it... But I see I can't do that... Ever..." She gave the lioness an imploring look. "I had hoped... Maybe... Somebody could understand what it's like... To have this mark on them, like a curse... But I guess that's too much to ask of anyone."

For a moment, Nim felt sorry for the lioness. She had a mark in a color she couldn't help. And while it was understandable she had tried to hide it... Some risks weren't worth taking. "I'm sorry that you have a problem you can't help, that you were born with... But you're still not welcome in our lands. You'd best go before the sentinals are called in." She then turned, vanishing back into the undergrowth and the mists. And while she couldn't be seen, she was still watching in case the lioness tried anything.

Amaranth let out a sigh, then turned and began walking away. As the trees became more distant, she heard waves crashing in the distance, the effects of the great lake of Africa, though she had no idea it was a lake and not a sea, being so large that it had waves to even crash in the first place. She paused, though, as she heard... Rustling. The black lioness looked around for a moment, trying to figure out where it was coming from. Then, panic beginning to set in... She ran.