Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play Nation!

Back to Guilds

A Roleplay Safe Haven 

Tags: Action, Dark, Adventure, Comedy, hang out 

Reply Private Roleplays
The New Arrival (DaveyxLucky) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 pm
User Image

It really didn't matter to Otto that some of those he had mentioned weren't exactly deities and some weren't exactly dogs. They were all associated with dogs, and that was good enough for him. Instead of giving the cat a direct response to her statement, he prompted, "Now that I have answered your questions, why don't you tell me about your goddess?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:38 pm
User Image

Missy ran her tongue over the back of her paw, giving Otto a smug look as she spoke. "Bast is the Egyptian Goddess of cats. She's often depicted either as a cat herself or as a human with a cat head and other cat qualities. She's sometimes known by the names Bastet or Baast, or Ubasti. Bast is a Goddess of protection from things like disease and evil spirits and was specifically the protector of the Pharaoh's themselves!" She seemed quite smug with that bit of information. "There's also Sekmet or Sachmis, the lioness Goddess of war and healing. Her son Maahes is another lion God who's domain was war and weather. And those are just the Egyptian gods. I haven't even started on the others."

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm
User Image

"Oh, so she's Egyptian, huh?" Otto replied with a little more enthusiasm than he had intended to show. "She probably knows Anubis and Set, then." After a moment of thought, he added with a chuckle, "I bet there's no love lost between them!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 pm
User Image

"Of course. Bast is too noble to mingle with the likes of Set or Anubis." Missy told him snobbishly, nose in the air. Typical cat, she gave herself - and her Goddess - airs, reigning above others. "Bast is the perfect Goddess and worshiped by all cats." She said firmly, completely confident in her answer, not caring if it was true or not.

((Interesting tidbit, some stories actually peg Bast as Anubis' wife. xD ))

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm
User Image

"If you say so," Otto said in return. He was thinking that if all cats worshiped Bast, they probably emulated Bast as best as they could. Taking into consideration how stuck up the cat happened to be, that meant that Bast was probably uber-stuck up. At least too stuck up to hang out with a cool god like Anubis. Even so, Otto didn't feel all that offended on Anubis' behalf. Fenrir was more to Otto's liking. After all, the Germanic culture was a lot closer to the Norse culture than the Egyptian culture.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 am
User Image

Missy rolled her eyes, sensing he didn't seem to care. Typical dog. He didn't give proper reverence to the Goddess and her following. She stood up, flicking her tail dismissively as she headed inside. What a dog.....She couldn't believe she had to share her home with that horrid thing. And to make it even worse, there were human kittens too! She looked around warily, hearing them playing. Confident they were far enough away though, Missy beelined towards the bookshelf she had declared to be hers. She didn't jump up right away though, pausing at the foot of it to rub her cheek against the sturdy wood, marking it with her scent.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 pm
User Image

After the cat had gone inside, Otto decided to make another patrol around the yard. He had just arrived in the front yard when a strange man started to walk by in front of the house. Otto hadn't seen this man before and didn't recognize his scent either. Since strangers could sometimes mean trouble, Otto promptly dashed over to the fence and barked at the stranger furiously, warning the stranger what will happen if the stranger dared to cause trouble. The stranger merely glanced at Otto, shook his head, and then kept on walking. Having ensured that the stranger wasn't going to intrude on his property, Otto went back into the house. When he saw the cat in the living room, he casually remarked, "I realize that you have sharp claws and teeth to defend yourself, but I hope you appreciate the fact that I'm here to scare away all of the bad men. I doubt that you can scare away anyone."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 pm
User Image

Missy, about to jump up to her position, paused when Otto came back in. She looked at him as if he was crazy. "What? You? If anyone brought a ball in, you'd think they were your best friend!" She said scornfully. "You're no protector at all." She sniffed dismissively then jumped up to her spot, looking down on Otto.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:37 pm
User Image

Otto snorted in amusement and replied, "Oh please! I can tell the difference between Someone Who Belong and Someone Who Doesn't Belong. Someone Who Doesn't Belong is not going to be my friend just because that someone has a cool bouncy ball! Of course I don't see anything wrong with keeping the bouncy ball if that someone drops it while I'm chasing him away. But what about you? All that someone has to do is wave some of that catnip stuff in front of your face and you'll be best friends for life!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:55 pm
User Image

"Hah!" Missy looked scornful. "I know how to restrain myself with catnip. I have free range to come and go at with as I please. You on the other hand go nuts the moment anyone brings out the ball! And you don't stop until they stop." The cat told him scornfully. She obviously didn't think much of his self control. She looked down at Otto, her green gaze unblinking.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 pm
User ImageObviously the cat was still missing his point, and that was irritating him. Ordinarily he would bark at those who irritated him, except for members of the family, and the cat was now a part of the family, which meant that he couldn't bark at her without getting in trouble. "You can believe what you want, but that won't make it true," he remarked disdainfully. Even though he had already patrolled the yard, he decided to do it again to get away from that annoying cat. As it happened, when he went into the backyard, he saw a calico cat sitting on the fence at the back of the yard. This was a stray cat that had been prowling the neighborhood for most of the time that Otto had lived there. At the moment the cat was quietly singing a song to himself. Now Otto had the excuse to bark at someone because the stray was obviously intruding. Of course Otto would have barked at the calico even if he wasn't already irritated at the other cat. Otto charged across the yard and furiously barked, "Out! Out! Get out! Get out now!" The stray had the temerity to look surprised because Otto was barking at him, and he casually replied, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Take a chill pill, friend! We've known each other for what? A year and a half now? And yet you still have all of this hostility for me! What gives, dude?" "Nothing gives, 'dude'!" Otto snapped back, "You're not my friend, and you never will be my friend! Now get out of here before you regret it!" The calico shook his head in dismay as he let out a sigh of resignation, and then he replied, "Always with the negative waves, Otto. You're always with the negative waves. Well... catch you later." "Not if I catch you first!" Otto replied threateningly as the calico nonchalantly strolled along the top of the fence and disappeared into the neighbor's yard. "Stupid stray! You'd think that he'd have learned by now," Otto grumbled to himself. Having sent the calico on his way, Otto went back into the house.

((OOC: Are the colors annoying? I thought they would be clever.))  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 pm
User Image

Missy rolled her eyes. Jeez. What a....dog. It was the only word she could think of to describe him. He was just the personification of the word 'dog'. She cocked an ear towards the door, hearing Otto bark. Stray? Was there another cat? Maybe she would finally have decent company! She called out to him as he came inside. "Who was out there?" She asked, intrigued.

((No worries. I love colors. ^_^ ))

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 pm
User Image

"No one important," Otto replied, "Just an uber-dense stray cat who is under the mistaken impression that prowling around here for the last year and a half is enough to make him my friend. As if!"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:28 am
User Image

"Really? Finally, maybe some decent company." Missy sighed in relief. She hopped down and trotted out to the yarn, pushing Otto's doggy door open with ease. She sauntered across the yard, jumping up to the top of the fence, sniffing at the cat's trail. Interesting.....A male cat. That had her intrigued, that was for sure.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:47 pm
User Image

Being a stubborn cat, Felix waited for a few minutes to ensure that the annoying dog had gone back into the house, and then he went back to the fence that he had been sitting on. That proved to be a good decision, because the moment that he had hopped back on the fence, he spotted the other cat. Instinctively he could tell that the new cat was a girl. Things had definitely taken a turn for the better. Strolling up to the new cat, Felix cheerfully said, "Well, hello sweetness! Welcome to the neighborhood! Are you here to stay, or just passing through?"  
Private Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff