Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Anyone here watch Food Network or Cooking Channel?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mythey Maysonia

Wealthy Heckler

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 pm
I switch it up between the Cooking Channel and the Food Network. I have them on in the background while I work on painting. My favorite shows are Restaurant Impossible with Chef Robert Irvine and Good Eats with Alton Brown. I love the format of Good Eats, because each episode has a little story to it, it's more than just telling you how to cook a dish, and it's an excellent reflection of Alton's own personality; a little quirky, a lot of fun, and chock full of knowledge. I really think I'm developing a major crush on this guy. redface

ANYWAYS, I also enjoy watching Diners, Drive-thrus and Dives with Guy Fieri, I like his sense of humor and I totally envy his job. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to travel all over America visiting all these little mom and pop places that he's discovered. I especially like it when he showcases places here in my hometown of L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 pm
I have Foxlive and Discovery travel and living.

I do like "only 5 ingredients"
And an "Australian Chef" well, that is not the name but she is from that country.  

Tantooden

Sweet Glitch

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 pm
We've gotten rid of the cable in our place, so we resort to Netflix, Hulu and the XBox marketplace for our source of t.v. and movie entertainment these days.

But Good Eats was often on t.v. back when we had cable, and we watched a fair amount of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives as well.

Also SO MUCH Man VS. Food. Wow.

As for other networks ....
We watch a lot of No Reservations on Netflix, and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern is pretty heavily watched...also on Netflix.

It's fun to watch those shows and think about just how DIFFERENT those dudes are. Like. For real. The entire style of their shows are completely different despite it being the same basic concept. "Travel, and show other people's cultures through food and community."

But when Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern go to the same place, and you watch their episodes...it's almost like they didn't go to the same place at ALL.

Also. Andrew Zimmern for being a bug eater sure is a b***h on his show compared to Anthony Bourdain. Andrew's always all "Oh, I would eat this but I could get sick."

Anthony is "Give me that."
Next scene he's in the hospital. "Maybe that was a bad idea. Oh well. LET'S GET SOME BEER!"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am
I usually do. sometimes when Iron Chief comes on.  

Michelle Chiba

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100

Avzel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:40 pm
I enjoy "Chopped" because that mess of ingredients they are given is insane. Making edible, attractive dishes out of stuff such as duck testicles and cough drops isn't just a test of skills, it's a creativity challenge.

That was back when I had cable too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:40 am
OV8ION
I enjoy "Chopped" because that mess of ingredients they are given is insane. Making edible, attractive dishes out of stuff such as duck testicles and cough drops isn't just a test of skills, it's a creativity challenge.

That was back when I had cable too.

I used to like Chopped, but then I got kind of annoyed when they decided cotton candy was a valid ingredient.
It's just sugar, man! Sugar!  

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:53 am
I don't watch too much of that stuff xD But I do like Good Eats and I watch Master Chef if it's on.

Not much of a food channel person anymore cause I OD'd on cooking shows last summer LOL  
Come Back Mero <33

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games