Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Main Forum
I joined! ...Now what? Meeting, greeting, and direction Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite part of the hobby?
  The gaming!
  The painting and modeling!
  The literature and background!
  The people! You guys are awesome!
  Everything! I can't choose!
View Results

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:41 am
DarkElf27

Your model painting is just amazing. (I stalked your DevArt)

I am Amelia, I want to get better at painting myself, and just want to find people to talk about this stuff with. cat_smile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 am
AmeliaParadox
DarkElf27

Your model painting is just amazing. (I stalked your DevArt)

I am Amelia, I want to get better at painting myself, and just want to find people to talk about this stuff with. cat_smile
Haha, thanks! whee Sounds like you'll have most fun in the Painting and Modeling subforum, we've got some pretty amazing painters and sculptors around here, and you can post your own stuff for advice as well. There's a painting contest on right now, if you're interested in entering!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

inglorious D

Dapper Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:53 pm
Hey everyone! I just joined and I'm new to owning Warhammer minis. I'm currently building my first army, Orkz. I'm currently around 900 points of the required 1875 at my local hobby shop. I'm not very good at painting, but trying my hardest!

I just completed my first set of bikers today!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 pm
inglorious D

Those are better than what I could do.

Have you thought about scratchbuilding some vehicles?  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

inglorious D

Dapper Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:10 pm
notmuch_23
inglorious D

Those are better than what I could do.

Have you thought about scratchbuilding some vehicles?

Not at all haha. I'm just building with what the boxes give me for now. I like putting them together, but I like playing even more. It'll be at least a month or two of waiting to play with the full size army. So I'm working my hardest to get it done.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:34 pm
Welcome to the guild! Since you all have joined up recently, post here to introduce yourselves and tell us your interests in the hobby! 3nodding

Catling_Gunn

Darkmega4

Helo Delta 12

vuixe

MeilingGrace

DurielThyUndying

Vamppster

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Khissa_Kitten

Stubborn Doll

16,175 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:00 pm
Tidings! I'm Catling and I'd like to start by saying thanks for letting me in the guild. I'm excited to meet everyone and see what this guild has to offer.

My experience with Warhammer 40k is exclusively through tabletop gaming. A bunch of college friends and I started doing Dark Heresy a few years ago, leading to a couple of different campaigns. Then we branched out into Black Crusade, which was all of the fun. I've also been meaning to read the Commissar Cain books.

I haven't done any modelling, though it all looks spectacular.

I'm interested in swapping fun stories with other roleplayers and maybe doing a little roleplaying on here within the universe, though I'm not sure how I'll handle not having my trusty dice with me for everything. Feel free to ask me anything about my experiences or myself in general. I'm more than happy to share.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:23 pm
DarkElf27
Hello! If you've joined, you obviously share a common interest in the hobby with the rest of us here. That said, it's a big hobby! Post here and introduce yourself, we'll say hi, and see if we can give you a hand in getting to the parts of the guild that most interest you!

For those new to the guild, you are also encouraged to post about your specific interests and questions.

For those who have been around, you are encouraged help direct newer members to the ideal threads and subforums for their stated interests.

Now that you have joined you may join the Greater Good. This is your chance now for if you do not it saddens me greatly that we must take up arms against those others of the Galaxy. Because by their deaths they deny themselves the liberation that can only be found by in total surrender to the Greater Good.  

Koukaze

O.G. Browser

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Shadower Z0

Invisible Warrior

18,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:32 pm
Hey all. Shadower Z0 (Zero) here. Really love this franchise. I'm into their video games and lore. Of course, I'm thinking of getting into the whole table top gaming in the future, as well as rpging with you guys.

Just got to say, really glad I'm part of this guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:10 pm
Shadower Z0

Hi.

If you do want to get into the whole table-top experience though, it will cost a lot.  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Khissa_Kitten

Stubborn Doll

16,175 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 pm
Shadower Z0

notmuch_23

Hi.

If you do want to get into the whole table-top experience though, it will cost a lot.

Actually, it doesn't. You can find the books online for free (if you're into that sort of thing... not that I would ever illegally download something... that's just wrong... sweatdrop ). Other than that, all you need is some dice and a good imagination.

Now, if you want to go whole hog with the miniatures and things, that's another story entirely. But just playing the game is pretty simple.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:25 pm
notmuch_23
Shadower Z0

Hi.

There is a form of the game called spare change. Where you literally use spare change instead of models. Its cheaper and you can base models on coin size and such  

Koukaze

O.G. Browser

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:02 pm
Yeah, you should probably try those to see if you actually like the game before dropping money on minis, legitimate copies of rules and codices, paint, scenery supplies, brushes, more minis, and stuff.

Like the other two said, there are ways to play the game that don't cost a lot, but the whole experience is expen$$$$$ive, but there are ways to save money.

I'm not trying to chase you from the game at all (in fact, i wish more people would play), I just think I should warn you before you dive in head-first...

...though it may already be too late...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:24 pm
Catling_Gunn
Shadower Z0

notmuch_23

Hi.

Actually, it doesn't. You can find the books online for free (if you're into that sort of thing... not that I would ever illegally download something... that's just wrong... sweatdrop ). Other than that, all you need is some dice and a good imagination.

Now, if you want to go whole hog with the miniatures and things, that's another story entirely. But just playing the game is pretty simple.

Yeah, I'm aware that this is a very pricey hobby to pursue. Regardless, it's something I wish to partake in the future. smile  

Shadower Z0

Invisible Warrior

18,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:46 pm
There are other options too; some miniatures games like Bolt Action are a lot cheaper per-model and only require one book, and you can play some naval battle games which are REALLY cheap to buy, paint, and store because the ships are only a couple inches long and a couple dollars each. As for 40k, there are always people selling their armies far under-retail on trade forums, Facebook sales pages, and eBay, so it's easy to pick up a bargain if you spend some time looking. smile  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff