The Pure Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mega90
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:47 am
There are those with the ability to perform incredible techniques such as creating fire from out of thin air, being able to command the earth, or even being able to create explosions of incredible power anywhere they want to.
There is also however a select group of people with the ability to use many of these gifts where as most can only use one. They are called 'The Pure.' With the proper time and training, they could learn to command hundreds of powers. However the world isn't quite so simple. There is a man Xerin who is trying to collect all of 'The Pure' for his own selfish purposes. He rounds them up with his soldiers and takes them away. Once they are taken they are never seen again.
Some of the people in this world we live in believe that The Pure hold to much power, and thus they look the other way when Xerin comes calling.
Some of those with the ability to command only one power find the acts of Xerin deplorable and thus take up arms against him. He has however, many more that are jealous or otherwise bitter toward The Pure and so they agree to fight with him to clear the world of this scar upon her face. He has thousands of soldiers at his beck and call, and the numbers are ever growing. My real name is not important right now. If you wish to address me however, you may call me Haunt. I am one of The Pure, and I once had a peaceful life that was ripped apart by this war. But my past is of no consequence. I have told you the situation that we are dealing with. What you do with this knowledge is you choice.

Hey guys vice captain and starter of this thread Mega here.
It has been expressed to me by some of my fellow guild mates that I haven't been specific enough in the topic of this Rp. So let me try to clear some things up. There is no formal schools in this Rp. A public school system hasn't been establish, but there are many isntitutions that will teach many children at once privately. Please use your imaginations.
Next, there aren't many, to any massive cities with sky scrapers and what not. There are large cities, but they aren't a New York or Tokyo like style. I wanted to keep this from a tech focus so I tried to put the time line back some. There aren't guns, but you may have a gun that you funnel your powers through if you wish. You don't have to have weapon if you don't want to, but you can if you want. I have been told that my topic wasn't clear enough either, so let me try to clear that up as well. There is a man named Xerin who has been rounding up the group of people known as the pure. I explained what they are above. He has been on this campaign for about three of four years. In both the character sheet for Haunt and in the explination of the concept of the Rp, I called the struggle between Xerin and the Pure's a war. That was perhaps the wrong term. The pure are more fighting to stay alive then in a war. There are some who band together to strike back against Xerin, but for the most part they only fight when attacked. I have to go for now but i will continue to try to clarify later. Thanks for your patience and I will try to be more specific in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 am
This Rp is based somewhat in the past, and thus there isn't much technology. If you were looking for a sci-fi rp, this is the wrong one for you. There is some technology, but not a lot. It isn't in a specific time period, so I can't give you specifics on the era that we are in. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a Pm. Thanks. P.s this Rp follows the same rules that were specified earlier.  

Mega90
Vice Captain

Mega90
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 pm
A man walked through the streets of the town called Murin.
He was a man with incredible power, and one who was shrouded in mystery.
He had been through this town once or twice before, and every time he had come, it was like a cloud of darkness had come with him. The people cleared the streets as he walked and it seemed as if even the wind ceased to blow. As he proceeded, all fell silent. His appearance may have contributed to the towns peoples fear, but that wasn't it. It was the fact the he was a Pure. It had been known in Murin before the hunt for them had begun, and it was now feared after.
He walked slowly up the road, heading for the center of town. No one dared to try to stop him, for they feared him. They knew that if they tried, they would probably get seriously injured, or even killed. This town had been raided recently by the armies of the man named Xerin. He came and took all of the Pure away, and thus had established an aura of discomfort in the hearts of the towns people toward the Pure. At this point however, he had reached a shop that sold many different kinds of food. He walked in and stood at the counter.
"What can I do for you?"
The owner said as he turned around to look at his knew customer.
He turned pale and gasped when he saw the man standing in front of him.
"H...Haunt, what..... what are you doing here?"
He chocked as he looked at the man.
The man who had been called Haunt looked at the owner for some time before speaking.
"Give me something to drink."
He threw down some money on the counter and waited impatiently for the man to comply. The owner looked down at the money with fear in his eyes for a moment before coming back to his senses.
"Yes sir, right away."
He turned and hurriedly began to prepare a drink.
"H...How have your travels been?"
The man said in a nervous tone.
"Don't waste my time with small talk."
Haunt spat in disgust.
"Of course sir, please forgive me."
He said as he placed the drink on the counter.
Without another word, Haunt grabbed the drink and downed it in one breath.
He then turned and headed for the door.
As he reached it, he was cut off by two men.
They stood in his way, bearing scowls on their faces.
"What do you think you're doing here?"
They spat as they looked at him.
He paid them no mind, but instead tried to push past them. They were un-budging, refusing to move out of his way, but getting in front of him again.
"Get out of my way before I move you!"
Haunt said quietly.
"You have a lot of nerve showing you face around here!
Who do you think you are to just waltz into our town and expect our hospitality?"
The man on the right said in an angry tone.
"I am going to count to three. One"
Haunt began.
"You don't deserve to be here!"
They said, now beginning to shout.
"Two."
He continued.
"We will teach you that you Pure scum aren't welcome around here!"
They said as they began to move toward him, there fists wound up for a punch.
"Three."
Haunt said.
As he did, they both threw punches at him.
He caught their wrists and twisted them, making them drop to the floor in pain. They cried out as he twisted.
"Now you boys try to just chill out."
He said calmly as he pulled up on their wrists.
They both flew into the air and as they came down, he placed his palms on their chests. As he did, they flew back, bouncing across the floor and knocking down several tables before finally crashing into the bar.
The other patrons in the bar gasped as they saw this, and when they turned their attention back to Haunt, he was already gone walking away across the street.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 am
User Image

Two boys quietly watched Haunt walk into the shop and begin to cause a stir. They were both Pures that had slipped into the town the previous night under the cover of darkness and had yet to be discovered.
"Well, he looks like trouble."
Hisaki said, looking over at his brother. Kemuri nodded, watching the entrance of the shop and leaning against the wall behind him. Hisaki was standing with his back to the shop, his thumbs hooked in his pockets, his body turned toward Kemuri, but he too glanced over his shoulder to watch the shop door. They watched quietly until Haunt had come out again and made his way a good distance down the street. Hisaki turned his attention back to his brother at this point.
"Well he seems like an interesting guy. This town has nothing to offer us, and it doesn't seem that we'll get a warm welcome here if they find out we're Pures. Want to follow him and see where he's headed. A guy like that doesn't just wander around without a purpose of some kind. And if he proves to be boring, we can always rob him blind."
Hisaki said. Kemuri sighed and pushed off the wall, placing his hands in his pockets as well.
"If you want. It'll kill some time, and you're right about this town having nothing to offer."
He walked past Hisaki and into the street before continuing.
"But it would be foolish to try and rob him. A guy like that is strong. I know I don't want to try and undertake a battle like that if I don't have to. Especially if it's just for a little bit of cash."
Hisaki fell into step beside his brother, nodding in agreement.
"Well, he's bound to notice us eventually. I guess we'll find out exactly what kind of person his is soon enough."
Hisaki said. Kemuri nodded in response.
"So stay on guard. I don't want to lose you over something as foolish as this."
Kemuri said softly, staring dully ahead. Hisaki looked over at his brother for a moment before looking down at the ground and nodding.  

Fire 190
Captain

8,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mega90
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 pm
Haunt walked down the street, not looking back. All of the sudden he stopped and turned around. He looked at the two boys who were walking some distance behind him. As he looked over them, his facial expression didn't change. He was standing in and intersection in the road, with a building that blocked the view from the side street on his left and another open street to his right.
He stepped to the left, disappearing behind the building and out of their view.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 pm
User Image As they walked, they noticed Haunt begin to look back. Kemuri grabbed Hisaki's arm and pulled him silently out of sight, so that when Haunt looked back, all he saw was the empty road behind him. Hisaki and Kemuri watched Haunt, hiding at a vantage point where they could see him but couldn't be seen themselves. They waited until Haunt had stepped behind the building and out of sight. Then, the two brothers exchanged a quick glance before cautiously following again, taking greater care now and suspecting an ambush once the got around the building. Kemuri shot Hisaki a "Act like you're not following him" look as they walked along. Hisaki gave a single, quick nod, indicating that he understood and agreed. Walking at an easy pace, they made their way to where Haunt had stopped and made their way around the building as well.  

Fire 190
Captain

8,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mega90
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:40 pm
When they turned the corner, there was no one there. Not even the towns folk could be seen anywhere. It was completely deserted. "Can I help you two with something?" They heard a voice come from behind them. When they turned around, they saw Haunt standing with his arms crossed.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 pm
User Image The two boys paused, acting a little surprised at the voice appearing suddenly behind them and looked around to see if the voice was addressing someone else. Seeing no other soul around, they turned calmly to face Haunt. Kemuri stayed silent, but Hisaki looked calmly up at Haunt, hooking his thumbs loosely in his pants pockets as he spoke. "Nah, we're good." Hisaki said, looking over at Kemuri for conformation, as if wondering if they looked like they needed something. Kemuri gave a slight shrug, also unsure as to why this stranger was offering his assistance out of the blue. "Can we help you? Did you need something?" Hisaki asked, his voice calm and light.  

Fire 190
Captain

8,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mega90
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:15 pm
He looked down at them, as they looked back at him.
"Yes you could do something for me. You could tell me why you are following me?"
He said.
"Don't try to question my intelligence by denying it. Just answer my questions and you can go."
He said as he put his hands on their shoulders.
"Now boys, start talking."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm
User Image Hisaki and Kemuri looked at one another, bored expressions on their faces. Hisaki turned his attention back to Haunt and pushed Haunt's hand off his shoulder."Geez buddy, you're paraniod." Hisaki said with a slight laugh. Kemuri scoffed, shoving Haunt's hand off his shoulder. "Who do you think you are? You're either really full of yourself or a criminal of some kind. Why would we be following someone like you? Now get on with it. You stopped us, so what do you want?" Kemuri said, his tone slightly irritated.  

Fire 190
Captain

8,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mega90
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm
"Impudent little brats. Do you honestly think that I would wast my time with you?
But still, since I have stopped you, I see no reason not to test you."
He said as an evil smile crept across his lips. As he said this, a mist began to come into the air. "Lets see how well you can defend yourself from my Haunt."
He said as he stepped back and disappeared into the mist. As soon as he had disappeared, the ground began to crack under their feet and the air became thick and hard to breathe. A dozen small fissures opened in the ground and small boney, grey hands reached out and began to try to drag the rest of their bodies out of the ground. The sky became dark with the mist as the small figures began to surface. They were short, human like creatures with grey skin that couldn't have stood more then four feet tall. They were so skinny that you could see their bones. It was like their skin was just draped over their bones. They pulled themselves out of the ground and began to slowly stumble toward Hisaki and Kemuri. They reached out for them with their long bone like fingers, while they stared at them with their hollow eyes.
Suddenly Hisaki and Kemuri heard Haunts voice behind them. "Welcome to a nightmare."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:20 pm
User Image Hisaki and Kemuri backed up so that their backs were pressed again each other, defending one another's blind spot. They watched as the grey creatures crawled out of the earth. They both started slightly as they heard Haunt's voice behind them. Then Kemuri gave an unamused laugh. "Heh, you call this a nightmare? Please, I've had real nightmares that were way worse than this second rate horror show." Kemuri said as he drop kicked one of the creatures across the area to slam against a far off building, his voice uninterested. Hisaki nodded in agreement and bashed the creatures away. Kemuri pulled out his chain knives and carved a large path through the creatures in front of him. He had fallen silent and his expression was serious as he quickly took out the creatures.  

Fire 190
Captain

8,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mega90
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:00 pm
The creature bounced of the wall and fell to the ground with a thud.
It lay there for a moment before it rose to its feet.
As soon as it had rose, all the rest stopped and looked back at it. It slowly nodded to the rest, who seemed to understand the message and began to shake.
It to began to shake, as it began to change.
It grew to a height of about 6 feet and stood towering over the two brothers.
Its back was curved backwards to that it formed a C like shape with its spine. Its fingers grew into claws and its teeth grew slightly as they fashioned into points.
Once it had fully transformed, all the others began to undertake the same process.
Soon Hisaki and Kemuri were surrounded by the larger forms of the creatures.
On top of that, the air began to heat to incredible levels.
It not only made it hard to see because the heat burned their eyes, but it also made it harder to breathe.
Each breath burned their lungs and sent pain shooting through their bodies. "There is something you two should know."
Haunt started as he re-appeared behind them.
"Even if you don't feel fear, it is still impairing you sub-consciously.
Because you have more sense inside you then you choose to exhibit outside of your minds. So even if you claim to not be afraid, you really are concerned.
Even if you aren't concerned for yourselves, you are afraid of what may happen to your brother." He said as he stood up a little straighter from the slouched over position that he had been in because of the weight of the coffin on his back. As he was talking, the creatures were walking around him, making their way closer to Hisaki and Kemuri.
"Now lets see what you can do."
He said as he held out his hand in front of him.
As he did, the creatures jumped forward, bringing their claws down toward the two.  
Our RolePlay World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff