Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm
User Image

Farraginis paced nervously outside the ruins. In the same amount of time that Jayani's injured leg had taken to heal, he and the leopardess had become one of the most effective hunting pairs in the whole colony to the surprise of many - least of which was themselves. But there it was. Jayani's clumsiness vanished when they had a well laid-out ambush and even if her sense of direction wasn't the best, he was always able to get them back home again.

Home. What a strange word. He'd never really had a cause to use it before, but the ruins had become just that. And not because he had any strong ties to the Usafi'tukufu - truthfully, he'd be just fine without them. There were some ties of loyalty, if only because the ruins were a well-defended location and the colony protected its own, but he knew his heart wasn't in the colony.

The reason he'd come here, the reason he stayed, that reason was Jayani.

So he fretted and paced as he waited for her to show up. They were supposed to go hunting again, but before they went, he wanted to be sure of just one thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jayani was feeling much more confident in....everything. Her place here, she felt like she really belonged, more than before. She was feeling better about hunting, with Farraginis' help they were even able to take down bongos! She hadn't really injured herself since her bad slip up. Some scrapes here and there, nothing really serious. Battle scars, right?

She was getting ready to meet up with Farraginis again, ready for another hunting party. She was pretty good at not feeling too overconfident in their shared abilities. If they were successful, she just felt...fulfilled. Happy. Sharing that with Farraginis was just perfect.

Her rich blue eyes brightened when she saw him. "Oh, hey! Sorry I'm a little late," she said as she approached him.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:28 pm
"Oh, no, that's fine," the leopard replied, in a surprised, slightly strangled fashion. How had he let himself get so distracted that she'd completely snuck up on him like that? He knew Jayani wasn't the sort of person who tried to sneak up on people either!

Which meant that he should probably figure out the answer to his question now, before they left to go hunting. Otherwise who knew how much attention he'd be spending on the hunt and how much worrying over what she'd say?

Farraginis cleared his throat, trying to settle his thoughts. "Uh...Jayani?" he asked hesitantly.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:40 pm
Jayani really had no idea anything was different. Perhaps he was a little more lost in his thoughts, but Jayani had her own moments like that, and she couldn't blame him for feeling that way. Sometimes it was just to just sit and thing.

She sat herself down, since she didn't know if they were going to leave immediately, or pause and discuss a bit of a plan before hunting. Either one worked with her, and she did like to follow Farraginis' lead when he wanted to take it. Otherwise, she would just be the flusher-outer!

Then he spoke strangely, enough that Jayani really noticed it. "Yes? Is....everything ok?" she asked, a little worried.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:43 pm
Oh great. Now his hesitancy was making Jayani worry. That certainly hadn't been his intention! But he'd have to fix it, deal with it, somehow. The leopard swallowed his nervousness and went on.

Slowly.

"Everything's fine...but...you remember how I followed you here, when we first met?" Gods, why was this so hard? In all the stories he'd ever heard, the male would cry his undying love from the highest mountain and the female would sigh happily and they'd live happily ever after.

Shame they didn't live in a story.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:56 pm
Jayani laughed. "Yes! I actually made it back here to show the colony to you, eve if we made it in a roundabout way." Jayani wasn't very good at going straight, even when she was so certain she was. One paw in front of the other did not mean you were going in a straight line.

"At least it didn't take us all night, but you make it back here now much easier than I ever did."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 pm
Farraginis had to laugh along with her at that, since she was only right. "That's true enough," he agreed. And the amusement helped thaw some of his fear that she might bite his head off for what he was about to say next.

"Jayani, you're the only reason I joined the colony in the first place. You're my best friend and my hunting partner and I'd be honored if you would be my mate." The words came slowly at first, then quickly, until finally he came to end of what he'd meant to say for so long now. The leopard was slightly out of breath, but with anxiety, not physical exertion.

It was done. He'd given voice to his true feelings and now everything was in Jayani's capable paws.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:17 pm
After his comment about coming here with her, Jayani felt like everything was back to normal. There wasn't anything for her to worry about, and he was clearly jsut busy thinking about things. She wasn't nosy enough to ask, and he was nice enough to not give her any reason to worry. She figured now that they would go off to hunt. But....

Then he said something that she was just...never really expecting. The airhead that she could be at times.

Her eyes widened, and she grew quiet, but for just a moment. Then she felt herself flush, though with the amount of hair she had it probably wasn't that easy to see.

"....wow. I'm. Well. Yes!" She laughed, feeling embarrassed even though no one else was around at the moment. She was surprised, but just...so happy! She knew she had a stupid grin on her face, but she couldn't help herself.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:21 pm
Farraginis, who had been trying very hard to not show any expression, much less how nervous he'd been, felt his jaw drop in utter shock as she accepted. Regardless of how he felt, he'd been so unsure of how Jayani would react that he literally hadn't been able to imagine that she'd ever agree.

"Really? That's...that's wonderful!" the leopard exclaimed. And she looked...happy! As happy as he was! How utterly stupendous!

If she was that happy now, then this would work after all. He shouldn't have anything to fear about the future, because he and Jayani would face that together.

"I'm so happy now," he confided, nuzzling his (his!) mate.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:30 pm
"Of course its wonderful," she joked, happily nuzzling him back. She knew that she had liked him, but a large part of her felt like they were always such a pair that this would happen naturally, at some point. Jayani just always felt like things would go ok, and though this happened sooner than she thought possible, she was thrilled herself.

"Now we'll be partners forever." She completed her thought after that affectionate touch, and she was just thrilled to be here in the now.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas