Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Welcome to the Shadow Clan (Tabi x Ina'Ori)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm
User Image

Tabi wasn't a lioness to socialize, but Arlo had at least driven her to be openly curious about others. Though this was a pride-wide event, she still kept herself near where many of the Shadow Clan members stayed. Her olive eyes were always studying the new strangers, as well as the new little cubs from other clans. It was always interesting to her that the Ela'wadiyi were not as driven to breed as other pridal lions were. Cubs were uncommon, and vastly treasured.

The striped lioness carefully watched the Tree Ceremony, remembering how it had been her in that position a few years ago. The anxiety and excitement of finding a new home, but also the stress of learning how to fit in with a completely different culture. The Ela'wadiyi handled things very differently from the stray lions in the rogue lands, and she had been careful to make sure that she didn't rub any fur the wrong way.

An ear twitched as her eyes focused on one of the Shadow's newest members. Tabi couldn't quite remember her name, but she did step out a bit to hopefully catch the new girl's attention.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:36 pm
User Image

All of this was wonderful to Ina'Ori! You could say she was overwhelmed by everything here, but perhaps it was the sheer size of the pride. So many new faces all at once- it was certainly a big change from the couple of random encounters you would run into in the roguelands. A welcome change, to her. Ina'Ori worked her way through the crowds, trying to take in new faces. Still, she had trouble identifying members of her own clan just yet. Ina was waiting for a while to see if anyone wanted to speak to her, but the interactions seemed to have picked targets- people they already knew, those who they had not seen in a while. She was beginning to go speak to a stranger when she saw a different face through the crowd.

A grey striped lioness pushing towards her; Ina'Ori did the same. Such would only be polite. She offered a polite smile as she neared the other.

"Hello there," she said calmly. "I think... I remember you from the tree ceremony," she said honestly, thinking that she remembered seeing her face in the watching crowd. She certainly wasn't a newcomer- perhaps she could teach her anything Ina needed to know!

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:56 pm
The striped lioness nodded her head. "Yes. I like to watch the new members come in, those that are anxious, shy, confident, or even conceited. It was admirable, watching you approach the wanidatsi before everyone else." Guessing who the first one to approach him was always an interesting scenario. She had been tempted in the past to make some sort of playful betting pool, but couldn't imagine Skan Kanati approving of it.

"My name is Tabi'nasi, and I'm part of the Shadow Clan as well. I joined through the Tree Ceremony a couple years ago." Tabi smiled, but as the lioness wasn't the warmest creature, it looked more formal than comforting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:10 pm
"I'll bet it's really interesting," she said honestly, thinking of how it would be if their places were swapped. In the future, she would probably watch tree ceremonies to remind her of a couple of days ago. "Oh, thank you," she said honestly with a broader smile and a small head tilt. "Believe it or not, I was a little hesitant, but... Well, I suppose every show has to start sometime," she said. It was a saying she had been raised with, and Ina'Ori, while quiet, was not exactly timid. "I was a little scared it would come across too strong, but I think it was alright," she said with a hopeful glimmer in her eye.

"A pleasure to meet you, Tabi'nasi! My name is Ina'Ori," she said in case it had been forgotten. She knew she would have a hard time in the future memorizing all of the names of new rogues... "So wonderful to meet someone in my clan," Ina said genuinely. Though, much like Tabi, Ina'Ori was more formal too. From just that fact, the lioness had a feeling she was talking to a future friend.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 pm
Tabi laughed. "Someone always has to go first. Once that happens, it seems like everyone else is eager to go behind you. I myself kept back until nearly the end, but I was enjoying watching the reactions of the new members, and its hard to do that when you go early on."

Nodding she was happy with a mutual greeting. "I'll forewarn you that I believe Shadow is a little more subdued, yet closer, than the other clans. We are definitely different. I believe you'll fit right in, once you adjust to the migratory patterns. It sure took me a bit to understand why we move every couple weeks, but sometimes there are things you just take in stride. Are you enjoying yourself thus far?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:54 pm
"Yes, that's true. That's exactly why I decided to go when I did. There is rarely need to wait nervously for your future." The tree ceremony had been just that to her- the further unraveling of Ina's destiny. She felt that the wanidatsi had read the swirls well just from the description that Tabi had given her- the Shadow Clan seemed a perfect fit for the darker lioness. Ina had met lions in the roguelands who would have heard her thoughts on it and scoffed- but Ina'Ori knew that there was more behind reading the swirls of smoke than just picking a clan randomly. No- the smoke swirled the way it needed because of who she was. The wanidatsi had the ability to read those swirls, and she was glad to be among others who would feel the same.

"It sounds perfect for me, though. While I do like a touch of excitement now and then, I prefer for things to be more calmed down." Her thoughts turned to her half-sister, who it seemed adored chaos, danger, and any other sorts of trouble she could find. Inari would never have fit into the Ela, nor would she have ever been allowed. Though, Ina hadn't seen her in a long time, let alone knew what she was up to or even where she was. "Even if the clan is different from others, it sounds ideal to me. As for the migratory patterns... I'll have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about it, but at the same time I look forward to experiencing it," she said, knowing already that it was a huge part of the pride's way of life.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:05 pm
Tabi'nasi nodded. She really liked this lioness, as she felt like they had a similar vibe about life in general.

"It keeps life a bit interesting. Though we follow the same migration paths, the land is never exactly the same year after year." Sometimes one area was more wet than the past year, or another would suddenly have more wildebeests than the years before. It was exciting, as long as the food and water were plenty.

"Besides, you'll get comfortable like me, and see the new incoming lions that join us. It reminds you of your past life, but its always nice to have new clan mates." She had changed much after joining the Ela'wadiyi, even if she was still more quiet than those in clans other than Shadow.

"I've learned more about the world living here than I ever did as a rogue. If you are curious, always ask other ex-rogues like ourselves about their stories. Its fascinating!"

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:33 pm
"That must be a bit of a shock, to have a complete change of scenery one year to the next," Ina'Ori said, pondering the idea. Most places she visited in her rogue life were the same year after year, but she supposed that not everything could stay the same all the time. "Would you say it takes a full year to travel all the way around?" She asked, pondering that idea also. Always being on the move was something the lioness was accustomed to, and frankly, she was glad she did not need to give that aspect of her life up. Kept things different, and always kept one fit.

She wondered if there were similarities between her time as a rogue and Tabi's, but she supposed she would find out over time. Ina was good at always keeping an ear to the ground when it came to stories of those she was interested in. "I imagine there's a fair amount of stories that can be discussed just from tattoos, also," she said. She had seen at least one on any given lion she had wanted to ask about- she knew they all came with stories behind them.

"I expect there will be much more to learn as I continue to grow here also," Ina admitted. She looked forward to it.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:43 pm
"Normally, yes. Somehow its all set up so that we don't run into the other clans all that often. Sometimes we'll cross paths for a day or so, and then its back to just being on our own. We always meet up around the same time each year for the Sky Festival. Its always exciting to see faces that you only see once a year."

She didn't add that sometimes it was conflicting to see new litters. Her relationship was good, but Tabi knew that she and Arlo should get married at some point soon. Hopefully. She couldn't believe that she let a lion a bit younger than her sweep her off her feet, but then she never expected to change so much in the Ela'wadiyi.

"I still grow, so I feel you there, Ina'Ori," Tabi said with a laugh. "I'd love to hear your story one day; we can always sit around and trade our stories."

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:32 pm
"Perhaps I should have been paying even closer attention to all of the new faces at the tree ceremony," Ina said with a polite chuckle. After all, they were faces that she would not see for another year! She had been a bit busy trying to learn the faces of all her clan-mates, perhaps she should have realized that there would be plenty of time for that. Still, she wanted most of all to fit in nicely with her new community, so she did not regret her decisions.

"That sounds like a most delightful idea," Ina'Ori responded to Tabi's idea. "I would love to hear more about your life as a rogue, and even about your time here so far. Some day soon, Tabi, we should get together and trade experience," the lioness said, smiling at her new connection in the pride. She looked forward to the day when she and Tabi'nasi would converse further about their lives.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces