CyberRobinHood
Name: Ashley
Preferred Name: Robin ('tis my middle name, both are technically unisex, but I've always liked Robin more (named after a sidekick(no seriously)))
Location: Toronto, Ontario (I don't mind sharing place since any information I share will be coming out of Toronto)
Transition status/goals: Pre- all. I'm hoping to start counselling near the end of the year since I'm on a waiting list (6-8 months!) and then start testosterone in early spring or sooner depending on how sessions go. But if I have to see an endocrinologist or a psychologist, too, oh boy... the waiting lists for those two are just ridiculous. I also want to get top surgery, but I intend to wait until after I'm finished university
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans?: I really just came to terms with being trans this year. Some of it does have to do with growing up in a relatively transphobic and generally LGBT-phobic community but also because in my family we didn't really distinguish between genders.
When I started school here in Canada around the age of 10, I did notice that I was... different. I always figured it was because I was basically raised by all guys and tried very, very hard for 10 years to change that. To be a girl. I succeeded near the end of my first year of university but ended up highly neurotic, anxious and sometimes deeply depressed. I started looking around the internet and came across a transition video of an ftm trans person and it suddenly just all fell into place. I was a guy. It was possible to be a guy and that was what I was. I wasn't in some extended tomboy stage like I had convinced myself I was... I was an honest-to-goodness guy. There's more to the story, but perhaps for another time.
Anything Else: Well, as you might have guessed, I'm a university student in Toronto. I study Linguistics and I love to learn languages.

So, er, hi. smile

Welcome to the guild, Robin. biggrin I hope you enjoy yourself here. Take some time to look around the guild and if you have any questions just ask!

Also... I don't usually share this, but I thought it was a bit of a funny coincidence. My birth name was Ashley, too.