Welcome to Gaia! ::

T-Boys

Back to Guilds

A safe place for FtM transsexuals to share experiences, support, resources, and make friends. 

Tags: female to male, transsexual, transgender, transman, transguy 

Reply T-Boys
Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:58 am
NuSith
I whent to my first therapy session today, and because I have lived as a male for so long or identiied as male since i was kid, my doctor feels comfortable already talking about doctors and treatment. I go back next friday for a letter of protection, incase anyone bothers me for useing the men's room and whatnot, and to talk over my goals and treatments.
I'm so happy right now. I'm not all alone either. a recent friend I made at a comicbook con came out as trans not too long ago, and he is calling doctors today and starting all his transitioning at the same time.
I'm going to my parents in a few hours to fill them in. My mom was expecting all this to come much later. I had told her 3 months or 3 sessions at the least before doctors and treatment even came up, but for me it was one session. So I have to prepare my parents for all this.

Congratulations. smile I hope everything goes smoothly, and your parents aren't too overwhelmed by how quickly it's going.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:49 am
jaysuss
NuSith
I whent to my first therapy session today, and because I have lived as a male for so long or identiied as male since i was kid, my doctor feels comfortable already talking about doctors and treatment. I go back next friday for a letter of protection, incase anyone bothers me for useing the men's room and whatnot, and to talk over my goals and treatments.
I'm so happy right now. I'm not all alone either. a recent friend I made at a comicbook con came out as trans not too long ago, and he is calling doctors today and starting all his transitioning at the same time.
I'm going to my parents in a few hours to fill them in. My mom was expecting all this to come much later. I had told her 3 months or 3 sessions at the least before doctors and treatment even came up, but for me it was one session. So I have to prepare my parents for all this.

Congratulations. smile I hope everything goes smoothly, and your parents aren't too overwhelmed by how quickly it's going.

Yeah i worrie about that, but so far they wre handling things good. I talked to them last night about it all. Mom was actually asking how much the T was going to cost and the best places to get it. I do have experience admistering shots since I use to give my cousin her insoline shots but I think I'll have a doctor do my shots for a while.  

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Cup of Joel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:40 pm
Name: Joel
Location: Massachusetts. I'd rather not get too specific, you know?
Transition Status/goals: Out to parents, several friends, and girlfriend. Pre-everything.
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans: I started using the word trans around 13 years old, but I've felt like a guy since... Since I first met a male? Around four or five years old?
Anything else: Writing and drawing keep me sane. I find comfort more in paper and words than I do in people.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:29 pm
Cup of Joel
Name: Joel
Location: Massachusetts. I'd rather not get too specific, you know?
Transition Status/goals: Out to parents, several friends, and girlfriend. Pre-everything.
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans: I started using the word trans around 13 years old, but I've felt like a guy since... Since I first met a male? Around four or five years old?
Anything else: Writing and drawing keep me sane. I find comfort more in paper and words than I do in people.

Welcome to the guild, Joel. smile I hope you find what you're looking for, and enjoy the little community that's building up.  

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

Nonconventional Existence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 pm
Welcome Joel  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 am
Name: Garrus

Transition Status/Goals: I was on T for nine months, stopped because I couldn't afford it, and then once I could afford it again, found out I'd gotten pregnant. My body reverted a lot during the pregnancy, but now three months after, my body actually is balancing out and I see more masculine traits coming back even though I haven't been able to restart T.

When did you realize/come to terms with being trans: I realized something was off since I was about eight, and never really knew what to do about it until I was 16. My entire childhood I'd been dressing like a guy and trying to be one of the boys. I didn't even have a term for it until I was 18, a friend at a Furry convention asked me if I was trans like him, and it just went from there. From that day, I was out as a trans man and have lived as a man every day since then.

Anything Else: My son and partner are my life, everything they need comes before my personal transition wants and needs. I've been told by others in the trans community that I'm not trans because I'm married to a man and had his child, which I think is a load of bull.  

ZRaashaq_gro-Kral

Ice-Cold Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Samurai_Zatoichi

Colorful Fox

33,850 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:13 pm
Name: Zato
Transition status/goals: still seeing a therapist so I can get a letter of recommendation to start testosterone and hopefully surgery top and bottom. (money is a big issue though.)
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans? : about 10 is when I noticed I was different. Then it really got bad as I got older. People made fun of me and told me I should kill myself because I wasn’t “normal”? I guess. But now it’s easier since I came out. My family are still trying to understand it and help but they still support me.
Anything else: I like tattoos , body art, music( keeps me alive), art, culture, and well a lot. I’m learning bass and trying to lose weight so I can be heathy.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 pm
Welcome Garrus and Zato. smile Hope your time here is pleasant.  

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

Samurai_Zatoichi

Colorful Fox

33,850 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:13 pm
jaysuss
Welcome Garrus and Zato. smile Hope your time here is pleasant.
thank you jay =)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:50 pm
Name: (Chosen name)Oliver Tackitt. (birth name)Jordan Tackitt.
Transition status/goals: Currently living partly as Jordan, only known as Oliver to very few. I have a binder, and live as I feel right outside of school and my home. Having trouble talking to my mother about it all, she knows how I feel but is currently denying it all. I've been seeing a therapist about my transitioning and such, and talking with someone about starting T hopefully by the end of May ^-^ I'm slowly coming out to all my friends, all of which have taken it splendidly, just super nervous that I'll get to that One person who won't stand for it and hate me for who I am.. it hurts just thinking about it. My current and only goals with transitioning is just getting on T, loosing weight to fit my binder better, and being able to enter my next school year as Oliver.
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans?: I've always been guyish, always feel more relaxed looking/acting like a guy, but I had thought it was just a faze of being a tomboy, like everyone told me it was. I was never exposed to anything my parents didn't like, and since they were strictly christian.. I didn't get to hear a lot about other sexualities or identities. About a year and a half back, I decided to do what I've always wanted to do and cut my hair super short. And I mean, short. And, with my already guy body and small boobs, I easily passed as a boy. But even that didn't really get me to realize I was different. It took someone actually mistaking me as a guy, calling me sir or genteman, did I actually realize... that felt so right. It felt so.. nice. I can't even really explain it.. but, I'm sure all of you get it xD. After that, I sort of aimed to be called Sir or Genteman or really any male pronoun just to feel that sense of.. normal, I guess. And one day, just browsing the interweb, I stumbled upon someone who had come out as transgender, and he was hot. But that's not the point. I looked up the word, and instantly felt like I belonged. Felt like I finally had the word to describe what I felt.. it was nice to say the least. But that's when I realized, when I was around 14-15.
Anything Else: Uhm, my sexuality is Pansexual, though to be honest I lean more to the guys. And if some people don't think I'm a transman because of that, then that's their problem. Love is Love. Oh, and I like Pokemon :3
P.S. Sorry for there being so much : x I'm bad at being blunt.

Mediocredad

5,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:27 pm
Lucian_Scyre
Transition status/goals: Currently living partly as Jordan, only known as Oliver to very few. I have a binder, and live as I feel right outside of school and my home. Having trouble talking to my mother about it all, she knows how I feel but is currently denying it all. I've been seeing a therapist about my transitioning and such, and talking with someone about starting T hopefully by the end of May ^-^ I'm slowly coming out to all my friends, all of which have taken it splendidly, just super nervous that I'll get to that One person who won't stand for it and hate me for who I am.. it hurts just thinking about it. My current and only goals with transitioning is just getting on T, loosing weight to fit my binder better, and being able to enter my next school year as Oliver.
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans?: I've always been guyish, always feel more relaxed looking/acting like a guy, but I had thought it was just a faze of being a tomboy, like everyone told me it was. I was never exposed to anything my parents didn't like, and since they were strictly christian.. I didn't get to hear a lot about other sexualities or identities. About a year and a half back, I decided to do what I've always wanted to do and cut my hair super short. And I mean, short. And, with my already guy body and small boobs, I easily passed as a boy. But even that didn't really get me to realize I was different. It took someone actually mistaking me as a guy, calling me sir or genteman, did I actually realize... that felt so right. It felt so.. nice. I can't even really explain it.. but, I'm sure all of you get it xD. After that, I sort of aimed to be called Sir or Genteman or really any male pronoun just to feel that sense of.. normal, I guess. And one day, just browsing the interweb, I stumbled upon someone who had come out as transgender, and he was hot. But that's not the point. I looked up the word, and instantly felt like I belonged. Felt like I finally had the word to describe what I felt.. it was nice to say the least. But that's when I realized, when I was around 14-15.
Anything Else: Uhm, my sexuality is Pansexual, though to be honest I lean more to the guys. And if some people don't think I'm a transman because of that, then that's their problem. Love is Love. Oh, and I like Pokemon :3

Welcome to the guild, Oliver. If you need any advice with coming out fully, how to deal with people who aren't understanding (or in denial), or anything else feel free to post a topic. smile

P.S, being attracted to men makes you no less of a man. There are many different ways to be a man... people sometimes forget that, but your orientation, transition status or goals, personality traits, or anything else does not dictate whether or not you are a man. I know the whole "man enough" thing gets thrown around a lot in the trans community, that's why I made this guild. I want to have a place where that s**t just won't flow.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm
Hi everyone, my name is Mia, I'd like to be referred as Mark or Miko.

Age: 14/15 (my birthday I'd in two months, so that's why I put / 15)

When I realized I was trans/being: I had been confused about my gender for a long time through out my life so far. When ever someone tell me `Excuse me sir` by accident, I some how become happy and relieved that they didn't say ma'am. I respect myself to the fullest, but, ...it feels like I have the wrong body. As though I'm male in the inside, but female in the out. I also feel as though this `Body' is cursed.
It's been abused, mistreated , and even violated. But the people who did that does not care.
I talk to my closest friend about these feelings I am having, and she totally respects and accepts me for...Well...me. me She even went as far as to call me Mark, and say `He` or `Him` when referring to me.
I plan to switch my gender to a male when I have stop developing, but before I do, I must keeping living until my final decision comes along.  

Markscyther

Distinct Smoker

Mediocredad

5,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm
jaysuss
Lucian_Scyre

Welcome to the guild, Oliver. If you need any advice with coming out fully, how to deal with people who aren't understanding (or in denial), or anything else feel free to post a topic. smile

P.S, being attracted to men makes you no less of a man. There are many different ways to be a man... people sometimes forget that, but your orientation, transition status or goals, personality traits, or anything else does not dictate whether or not you are a man. I know the whole "man enough" thing gets thrown around a lot in the trans community, that's why I made this guild. I want to have a place where that s**t just won't flow.

Thank you ^-^ I already feel at home : 3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:40 pm
cosplayherounite
Hi everyone, my name is Mia, I'd like to be referred as Mark or Miko.

Age: 14/15 (my birthday I'd in two months, so that's why I put / 15)

When I realized I was trans/being: I had been confused about my gender for a long time through out my life so far. When ever someone tell me `Excuse me sir` by accident, I some how become happy and relieved that they didn't say ma'am. I respect myself to the fullest, but, ...it feels like I have the wrong body. As though I'm male in the inside, but female in the out. I also feel as though this `Body' is cursed.
It's been abused, mistreated , and even violated. But the people who did that does not care.
I talk to my closest friend about these feelings I am having, and she totally respects and accepts me for...Well...me. me She even went as far as to call me Mark, and say `He` or `Him` when referring to me.
I plan to switch my gender to a male when I have stop developing, but before I do, I must keeping living until my final decision comes along.

Welcome, Mark. smile

Just FYI about waiting until you are done developing... if you see a psychiatrist and are diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder, there's an option of taking hormone blockers to slow down/stop you from developing, though at 14/15 puberty has more than likely shown it's head quite a bit. You can likely still get hormone blockers without seeing a psychiatrist, but some doctors need a letter, and obviously there's issues with you being under-aged... I guess if you wanted to take that route, you would need to come out to your parents and whatnot... so, if this advice makes you uncomfortable, ignore it. smile Just letting you know that you have that option.  

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

CyberRobinHood

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Name: Ashley
Preferred Name: Robin ('tis my middle name, both are technically unisex, but I've always liked Robin more (named after a sidekick(no seriously)))
Location: Toronto, Ontario (I don't mind sharing place since any information I share will be coming out of Toronto)
Transition status/goals: Pre- all. I'm hoping to start counselling near the end of the year since I'm on a waiting list (6-8 months!) and then start testosterone in early spring or sooner depending on how sessions go. But if I have to see an endocrinologist or a psychologist, too, oh boy... the waiting lists for those two are just ridiculous. I also want to get top surgery, but I intend to wait until after I'm finished university
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans?: I really just came to terms with being trans this year. Some of it does have to do with growing up in a relatively transphobic and generally LGBT-phobic community but also because in my family we didn't really distinguish between genders.
When I started school here in Canada around the age of 10, I did notice that I was... different. I always figured it was because I was basically raised by all guys and tried very, very hard for 10 years to change that. To be a girl. I succeeded near the end of my first year of university but ended up highly neurotic, anxious and sometimes deeply depressed. I started looking around the internet and came across a transition video of an ftm trans person and it suddenly just all fell into place. I was a guy. It was possible to be a guy and that was what I was. I wasn't in some extended tomboy stage like I had convinced myself I was... I was an honest-to-goodness guy. There's more to the story, but perhaps for another time.
Anything Else: Well, as you might have guessed, I'm a university student in Toronto. I study Linguistics and I love to learn languages.

So, er, hi. smile  
T-Boys

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces