Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[EVENT] Something Dark in the Woods Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mimsey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm
Skall skittered down the path, particularly after several of the adventurers had shouted that there was someone injured down the path. The hyena came to a stop beside the little grey cub and the fallen cheetah, whom he nudged gently with his nose. She was still unconscious.

The black dog-like creature wheeled around a few times as though he was thinking, before looking down at the cub. "Do you have that feather still?" he asked.

----

Back at the ambush scene, Miri approached several of the injured for a quick inspection. A few, he offered a few strange herbal oddities. Almost all, however, would find themselves feeling strangely better in his presence. Not cured, but just...a little bit better than they were previously.

Finally, he came to where An, Amali and Endesha were recouping. The brown lion placed his paw gently on An's side to investigate. She hissed in response. "OWCH! I'll be fine, don't touch!"

The healer rolled his eyes slightly. "I think with a spirit like that you'll be just fine." Then, he looked to Amali. His head bowed. "Thank you for taking down the beast. I know this was a group effort, but I am true to my word."

The lion paused for a moment to catch a feather in his braid. He plucked it off, and set it down in front of the lion. "If you ever need me, or my friends, we will come."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 pm
Amali sighed when Endesha nudged him, happy to have someone he knew there with him as everything wound down now that the beast was dead. He wasn't exactly stunned but he was quiet, waiting to see what happened now.

"Make sure you tell our little brothers and sisters what kind of awesomeness they have to live up to," he said with a grin, glancing at Endesha as he acknowledged the information she had offered what seemed like ages ago, back when their hunt was just beginning. But then the healer had reached them and he looked on with increasing curiosity. He even straightened up when the healer addressed him, glancing down at the feather set before him before looking back up with a smile.

"Thank you."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm
It was some moments before Hel slunk back out to see the aftermath of the battle.

A very big, very dead elephant.

His stomach complained loudly. He wondered if they'd be opposed to, well. A little whining and dining. After all, waste not; want not. The death of the horrible beast seemed to have upset some people, and the suggestion probably wouldn't be appreciated but -

How often did you really get to try elephant?

"So," he ventured placidly. "I'm still hungry." He didn't make eye contact with anyone in particular- he had a feeling this wouldn't be met with much approval.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm
Again this business with feathers. Bluu shifted her attention from Amali to the strange healer. Could he be a god of some sort? He had no wings, but gods could hide such things. Well, well. She smiled, quite glad she'd joined this little expedition.  

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:46 pm
The healer! Ah, perfect! Tahir met the appearance of the strange lion with a wagging tail, but did not rise to greet him. Tahir’s sneaking had kept him mostly out of harm’s way. The only real injury he’d received was a trio of claw marks across his cheek, and no elephant gave him that. He shot Saiorse a dark look and bared his teeth… but was careful not to make a sound. He did not want to attract her attention again.

Tahir was drawn out of his grumblings by Hel. Eat the elephant? He glanced back at the hulking mass… of flesh. Hmm. Tahir wet his lips and padded closer to the carcass, pressing his paws to its stomach. He reached up and dragged his tongue over a gash in the wound. As good as any meat.

“It would be a terrible waste to just leave it here to rot.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:55 pm
Mtalia clacked her beak from her perch in the nearby tree at Hel, a small sparkle in her eye. Things had just finished, some were still shaken, and he was thinking of eating already. That reminded her so much of a very lazy grump that she once knew... Though Macha would have never embarked on something like this. Too much effort. She would have had to nag him to be able to go herself.

However... There was a good reason Mtalia had yet to fly off. After these groundlings had their fill, she would be more than happy to swoop down and fill her crop with some elephant. After all, lammergeiers were a type of vultures, and vultures were best at cleanup. She would just be "doing her part in the circle of life," right?

Yes, as Tahir approached the carcass to whet his appetite, she was more certain that chaos would quickly ensue down below her at the felled beast, and so she would remain here for quite a while before she would get her share. There would be plenty to go around.

Besides all of that, too, she was curious to see if the cheetah was ok.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm
"Are you going to put me down now, miss?" Haki barked as his voice emerged from the edge of the group. Somehow, the leopardess and Haki had managed to not get caught up in the final attack. And to the little blue jackal's disproval, the leopardess had picked Haki up and was carrying him like he was a little cub on his way back to his den.

Haki didn't like being babied. "Put me down, put me down!" He kicked his legs about. "We're out of the deep mud now, I can walk by myself!" He continued to try and wiggle himself out of the grasp of the leopardess.

She bent her head down to the ground and released the little fox from her grasp. "Considering you were quite literly stuck in the mud, might you be a little more grateful towards me?" She was running after the elephant like everyone else when she spotted Haki half-burried in mud, unable to move in the slightest. Had it not been for her, he probabley would have still been there, struggling and shouting for help.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:24 pm
Saiorse obediently chewed the herbs she had been given, the pain alleviating quickly. The lioness let out a sigh of relief, resting her head where she lay. Mud. It had been such an annoyance earlier, and here she was, laying in it. It was pretty cool, she had to admit. Her ears perked at mention of a meal, but she eyed the elephant warily. "Courage over there has a point." She gestured toward Tahir using her tail, otherwise unmoving. "To let him sit there and rot would be a waste, especially when there are hungry bellies that could use the meal." She couldn't help but think of the famine her own prideland was experiencing, but any amount of meat that would help would be far too difficult to carry, especially with a few broken ribs. Regardless, this had been a good day. She had never been on a hunt like this, and something told her it was highly unlikely she ever would again. She couldn't help but feel proud, being a part of it. She might not have been the one to slay the beast, but she had drawn first blood, so to speak, and that was fine enough for her.  

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:28 pm
Shari wasn't too concerned about the prize the red lion had given for killing the best but she was concerned about the remains. She eyed the hide and the tusk. She wanted a piece of each if she could get them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 pm
Margulis shuddered at the thought of eating the remains of such a beast. Had it been a plant of toxin that had enraged him so might yet linger in his veins, she wanted no part in that. The best option would be to bury it as best they could and leave it be. Shaking her head she pulled herself up and tried to shake off the bulk of the mud that still clung to her coat. A little remained along with skewed part of Ngdere's mark.

Letting out a breath she followed the healer, noticing that her ribs didn't sting so much anymore. It must have been the adrenaline from all of this coming to an end. She paid attention to the herbs he was giving the injured, trying to remember them for future research. She would have liked to ask him questions, but it seemed crude given the situation.

"It's hard to believe it's all over," she said with a sigh to no one in particular, "I still don't quite feel it."

Dulcea

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm
Baatar couldn't put a finger on it, but there was some kind of feeling that made him feel better, not entirely healed but alot more at ease. Perhaps it was just the relief of the whole thing being over. He bowed his head out of respect for both of the healers and cast his grateful eyes over the rest of the group, to make sure they were okay. Looking at the great big carcass of the elephant didn't make him hungry, nor did it fill him with regret. He knew what it had done and what it was capable of. They tried to reason with it, but it had fallen due to its own sins.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:59 pm
Mura listened to the others as she walked down toward the cheetah. She didn't like the idea of eating the elephant. She felt his body should return to the earth after all he's been through. However if they did choose to eat the meat, she wouldn't stop them. She would just say more prays for the beast. It would be odd leaving the group. Her adventures would be less crazy that's for sure. She was certain there wouldn't be any killer elephants trying to attack her. Once she knew that the cheetah was fine, she would go her way.  

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 pm
She felt a little troubled. Kimaji had been hoping this hyena would just come in and do stuff, but he seemed like he didn't know how to act! Finally he gave her a bit to think about. "Oh! Oh, yeah." She went around the cheetah, crouched down and grabbed the feather; she had placed it right beside the cat, not knowing what else to do.

"What'll it do? I couldn't figure it out." She asked once she placed it down once again, closer to the hyena so he could do... whatever he needed to do with it.

-

They were talking about eating it now. He didn't feel disgusted at all by it, but personally Spaki would just chose not to. It hadn't been hunted as prey, and he ended up thinking of this particular elephant as not too different from what he might think of another enemy, like a Nergui. He would not eat a Nergui, and he would not eat this elephant. The rest could do as they wished.

He didn't immediately realize he was feeling better, though the soreness from having been hit and from the strain he'd put on his neck, jaw and shoulder muscles just seemed to dull, and he felt more like himself much quicker than he'd expected. It was curious, but he didn't immediately think anything about it being related to Miramar. He looked thoughtfully at the strange lion once, after a bit of thinking, but decided he best not go there, and searched for Moto'seide instead. She called the shots out here, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 am
It was finally over. Pam stood next to the still shape of what had once been a very angry elephant, not really sure about what he was supposed to be feeling. Triumph? Pity? Relief? It was hard to say. He did, however, feel something much more physical: pain... and a little bit of hunger.

He touched the elephant with curious eyes, taking note of the rough, thick skin of the beast. He didn't even notice the strange healer and his even stranger flowers, lost as he was in his observations.

"I wonder what elephant tastes like..." Turn the beast into a feast... that was probably th emost innaproppriate thing that anyone could say at that point but Pam wasn't too bothered by the idea. "I say we eat."

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Mimsey generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 11!

Mimsey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 am
The hyena smiled, grasping the feather in his mouth. In a low voice, he whispered: "Sometimes, you need a little bit of magic too." With no ceremony, he gently placed the feather on to the cheetah's forehead. There was no burst of light or anything dramatic. In fact, you'd have to be standing very close to notice anything at all. The shining white feather seemed to dull, as though returning to normal. It fluttered away with the next puff of wind.

Up the path, the only indication that Miri was connected at all was a small smile that crossed his face. Almost mischievous, if one claimed to know him well.

Whatever had transpired between them, suddenly the cheetah gasped out a shaking breath. Her eyes opened, nervous and unsure of her surroundings. Pleased with "his" work, Skall broke a piece off of the root and placed it in front of her. "Chew some of this, don't worry. You'll be just fine. This little girl here saved your life."

User Image

Rolling from everyone who participated in rescuing her!

1. Dulcea
2. CoyoteSparrow
3. Ici Chiot
4. Ravvlet
5. Zohwee
6. Izzy Makani
7. Mogami
8. Princess_Feylin
9. Light Atago
10. Andranis
11. Club Snails
12. Wooga Paes
13. Ecavi
14. Talencia
15. Tanakako

club snails
Post in misc cert thread, since I colored her!

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff