Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[EVENT] Something Dark in the Woods Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dulcea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:27 pm
Margulis looked around her, noting the growing menagerie. That was very much a possibly that couldn't be ignored, but she felt that those in charge of this gathering must have some plan in place to prevent such a thing. They wanted this mess over after all, not simply moved to another place.

A healer? Her heart jumped at the prospect to hear the thoughts of an outside healer. She moved toward the pale lioness speaking, thinking of all the possible ways this venture might end. Together we have many, she liked that sort of thinking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:30 pm
Tahir turned his attention away from his temporary companions. The jackal seemed to be taken care of, at any rate. He would stay close, though. Especially to that lioness. Someone else had taken up the position of orator for the moment, a pale colored lioness at the front of the group. Tahir stood as tall as he could and swivelled his ears toward her.

As he feared, she produced proof (well, verbal evidence anyway) of the goings on of the forest. It would take a large troupe of very angry baboons to do that sort of damage to a pride of lions. And no hallucination had the ability to kill and maim. His tail tucked itself between his legs and he let out of low, quiet whimper.

And immediately cleared his throat. He had to appear a bit more eager and confident than that, regardless of how his nerves were jittering with fright.

“It’s rubbish, I’m sure,” he said to the jackal and Mura, his tones hushed,” There can’t be something that dangerous in the woods.”  

Bugghnrahk

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:31 pm
Jemadari nodded. "If we can't sort out this little problem then I doubt anyone will be able to. Still, it'll make for quite the story to tell!" And at last he caught sight of Endesha and couldn't help but wonder who had caught her attention so wholly. He'd have to ask her later.

--

She smiled, her eyes sparling for the first time in a long while. "It's Ruka no longer, brother. I'm Endesha now. The guide." She smiled again and leaned forwards to butt her forehead against him. "I am so glad to see you. I've been worried you might have forgotten us." It was no rare thing for a Swamp cat to go off on their pilgrimage and never return, after all. There was no reason that it wouldn't happen in their family.

"I have adventurous friends." She explained. "An." She indicated the tan lioness. "And Jemadari." She nodded towards the golden lion. "I met them on my pilgrimage and have stayed in touch. How about you? Are you...well?"

She hadn't even realised that An had started speaking - though thankfully she already knew the basis of what the situation was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 pm
Before Lani had even managed to reach the other dog, a lioness took charge at the head of the group. Lani skidded to a halt, ducking down low in attempt to conceal herself from so many large predators. At least she wasn’t the brightest or most colourful her. Normally her startling pelt gave her away at a glance. Here, she was small and ordinary. She breathed another prayer of thanks to the stars.

So these lions did know about the danger in the woods. Were they… were they planning on doing something about it? Her ears perked and the tip of her tail wagged in excitement. Finally! These giant cats ought to take care of the problem, no worries at all!

But Lani herself was not interested in getting into the thick of things. She was a decent enough hunter, but had no gumption to take on a monster. What was this about a healer?

Bugghnrahk

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 pm
If Shebh was going to say anything more to the green lioness or the wild dogs that had appeared near him, he lost his train of thought when the lioness An addressed them all. As she explained her encounter with a survivor, he became even more interested in the story. He had to wonder if the survivor would be able to say what had happened to him, or if his condition was too dire. Shebh briefly wished for the lion's swift recovery, then his mind went back to An.

Then, a reason to be REALLY interested. A reward. Immediately Shebh wanted to jump on the chance to see the healer. For a rogue like him, even a small reward could be a luxury...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 pm
[I AM A NEWBIE]

Bluu was not a monster hunter, nor any kind of fighter. On the whole she did not care for places too dangerous to travel through and heartily approved of any effort made to guarantee safe passage - but that was not why she was here. She was here because there was a very large group of creatures, including more than a few busybody Firekin, which inevitably meant there was gossip to be had. Information was key - it could be traded and sold for so many different things.

Bluu did not care for mysteries, nor did she trust rumor - not knowing the identity of the Greenwood monster bothered her no end. If she joined this expedition, then one way or another she would know. And worst come to worst, she could always run. She coolly swept her eyes over the crowd, lingering on An, the firekin, and the healers. She did not think it would come to running.

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 pm
"Yes, it certainly would make a good story, if nothing else. And as you said earlier, it's better to stick together in numbers, then we have more of a chance of sorting this mess out!"

He looked from Jemadari to the blonde lioness who he assumed was the leader of the group, and moved fowards, bowing his head gently. He was going to go for this, he was even excited, maybe a little nervous, it was more than he'd done before...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:43 pm
Haki stopped bouncing up and down like a little pup for a moment; and instead turning his attention the the Maned wolf next to him. "Yeah, your probabley right." He agreed. He couldn't manage to picture anything more terrifing than a stampeding Elephant. Such big powerful legs... To be crushed by those would be Haki's nightmare! As such it came it his attention that Elephants didn't lived in the jungle... That is why he had decided to agree with his current compainions, without second thoughts. "They're just bluffing. It's just those silly Baboons making up tall tales."  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 pm
Somewhere in the back of his mind, Amali recognized that An had started explaining the situation to the crowd but he didn't care, he put his focus back on his sister. Her scars, her name, her worries he had forgotten them, her questions! So much! First he returned the affectionate bump.

"Endesha, pleased to meet you," he said, putting on a smile, "I haven't forgotten, I just haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Has Sawa returned? How are mom and dad? Do they know you're at a monster hunt?"

Suddenly he was feeling like he was speaking very loudly- and he probably was considering the majority of the group was now focused on what An had to say as she explained what was going to happen next. It was enough to cut off his questioning, though he wanted to know how she got the scars- they looked fairly fresh. His smile didn't last very long but he managed to not to frown. He didn't want to be that guy or brother, he was protective but he didn't know enough about his sister anymore to make real judgements on what was and wasn't too much. These were her friends, that should have been reassuring enough.

So he told himself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm
"Never, sister," Seide answered, the grin ever-present on her muzzle. The trails and the traveling had been long, tiring, and hard. Now, the sentinels had something to do. They would get practice working with themselves, creating formations with non-Firekin members, and thinking on their feet.

It was the perfect lesson.

"Firekin!" Seide's voice boomed out over the hum of excited voices, spreading rumors, and the smell of tension.

"Hold your chests out, keep your ears open. We follow An to hear what the healer here has to say. Now is the time for your intelligence. Do yourselves favors and practice formation as we walk. Our search begins soon."

Seide's voice dropped and with it her head. She fell into step next to An and glanced over her sister's shoulder to pass Veru a content look. "I cannot thank you enough for this, An. It could not have come at a better time."

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm
Mura's ears flattened when she heard of the deaths the creature had caused. She thought of the many more creatures it could hurt or kill. It was only right that she stayed with this group and help find the creature. She felt that she was a decent fighter and could easily hold her ground against most other creatures. Though she did hope that it would be too violent.

Plus she would get a chance to meet a healer. That would be quite the event. She had little to no knowledge of the art of healing and but was always fascinated by healers. The thought of a reward didn't interest her much.

She looked at Tahir when he talked about the creature in the woods. "I think there must be something. I mean, there were so many attacks! There has to be some sort of dangerous creature in those woods." She said, trying to imagine what the creature might look like. She imagined what ever it was, was not natural. It sent shivers down her spine.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:51 pm
Ah, it seemed his companions were at a disagreement. The little jackal on his side, the lioness following, of course, the other lioness. Still, Tahir didn’t want to lose her protection. He reached his nose down and gave the jackal a shallow nuzzle in thanks, before turning his eyes to Mura.

“Oh, I’m certain there is something. Probably a leopard with a grudge against lions, and this will do nothing to make it better. It couldn’t be nearly so bad as everyone is making out. Mayhap it is a disgruntled troupe of baboons,” he swung himself to Mura’s side and lifted his head,” There is only on way to find out, though. I will go with you, and the other lions, into the forest.”

And keep very, very close to his lioness protector.  

Bugghnrahk

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 pm
Mtifu's ears perked as she heard her name. Before she could wonder who on earth was out here who she knew, she spotted the brightly colored wild dog, Lani. She watched the other dog get halted as more things happened up front. Her ears perkedin interest as she weaved her way over to the other and offered a stiff, yet very polite for her, nod.

Even if Mtifu wasn't the most polite dog ever, she could appreciate familiar company and was happy to stick by Lani, even if they didn't know one another well. Two dogs were better than one eh? "Why hello there. Wasn't expecting to run into anyone I knew out here."

But now it seemed they were off to visit a healer. This should prove interesting at the very least. If they could know what the monster did to others, they might know how to avoid the same done to them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm
User Image

The blonde lioness smiled at her sister's aside. "I do seem to have a bit of luck in timing! But I mean it when I say I am happy to have you. Not many are used to working in a group." But with that said, she didn't leave much time for too much confusion. She moved quickly, tangling through the green brush. The healer camp was ahead, no doubt flocking about the still injured lion.

Even before they approached, some of the voices were running loud. It seemed that despite having all the help he could possibly imagine, not all of the healers were in agreement as to what the best course of action was to set the broken bones. One voice in particular was raw and feral. Sharper than any lion: "No fool treats this kind of damage with clawroot. It makes the blood sick. Does he look like he can afford more of that?"

Sitting beside him, and looking far more calm than the frazzled hyena was Miramar. Although there was very little to differentiate him from any other lion, Veru noticed immediately how...bizarrely clean he was. The lion seemed to be the calm of the shouting storm, monitoring the debates as best he could. "This situation would probably call for-"

"But maybe if we tried some bitterleaf...!"

An cleared her throat. The two healers turned. One looked annoyed, while the other bowed his head appreciatively. "I'll let you make the decision then, Skall," Miramar relented. The hyena seemed somewhat disappointed.

The lion approached the group slowly, with far more mirth than the situation probably warranted. He was not a large fellow, but he moved with an air of confidence that seemed strange for a healer to have. "Thank you all for coming. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the attack. But I fear you may find the answers more baffling than I."

An sat down beside him, motioning as the rest filed suit. "I think any knowledge we can get before we set off will be of great help."

Now is your time to ask questions! Asking the right questions will result in better preparedness!

Mimsey

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:57 pm
Shari glanced around at the lions and other animals gathering among them and then looked back up to the lion that seemed to be leading at the current moment. She pretty much ignored everyone that was around her she was not interested in them. When the lead lioness began to speak she perked her ears and listened to what she had to say.

Whatever this monster was it was powerful if it could take out a whole group of lions out only leaving one alive. When the lioness spoke of going to where the surviving lion was she knew she wanted to be there to hear the information. She needed to know all she could about the monster to attack and kill it. She would probably need all the skills she had to kill it.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff