[PRP] Nemo (Kefanaan & Jalidi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:08 pm
User Image"Nngh!" It was sort of like the sound you'd hear from a constipated wildebeest if said wildebeest had a squeaky voice.

Kefa had a problem, and in his mind it was a problem of epic proportions. He was not constipated. That wasn't his problem.

He had just learned that gods could change their form, or at least appear to change their form, but he couldn't get it to work. Supposedly it had something to do with will or wanting or something like that, and Kefa had plenty of that, so it made no sense to him that he couldn't change so much as the color of one toe.

After a panting pause, Kefa tried again: "Huurgh!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm
Princess_Feylin

User Image “Gods, brother, are you DYING,” quipped a rough, however young voice from behind the struggling Godling.

Jalidi watched his brother, arching an eyebrow at his weird behavior. It seemed like he had something he really wanted to accomplish, but it wasn’t working out. That, or he really needed to poop, which he supposed was something someone would want to accomplish, so it fit with his initial thought.

Still, it didn’t sound very good, so he was a little worried for his weird brother.

“What are you doing, anyway? Mom’s not going to like it if you’re getting into trouble, you know!”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:38 pm
Cajanic

"No," Kefa retorted just a little sullenly. "I'm just trying something, okay?"

With that he went on to ignore Jalidi for a bit, returning to his grunting, straining, and generally failing. He didn't realize it, but the problem was that he couldn't hold the idea of what he wanted to look like in his mind long enough for any change to take place. It was a hazard of his domain.

"Are you still here?" he asked when Jalidi spoke again. "I'm trying to turn my toes green. Or maybe blue. But not black anyway."

He tried to make this sound like he was doing something incredibly clever and impressive, but he still sounded more like a cub pouting because he wasn't getting his way. At least his pouty moods didn't last long. None of his moods did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:44 pm
Princess_Feylin

Jalidi sat himself down, watching his brother. There didn’t seem to be anything better to do, anyway, and it was mildly entertaining to watch someone else mess up at something. Of course, he still didn’t know what the other was even trying to do, much less if he was failing at it spectacularly, or if he was actually doing well. It didn’t mean, however, that he couldn’t assume his brother was mucking things up.

After a little while of just staring, he was noticed again, the frosty young Godling shrugging his winged shoulders when asked if he was still there. Obviously he was. When the other told him what he was doing, he laughed.

“Like mom and dad can do? You’re dumb- you wouldn’t be able to do that yet!” He laughed, shaking his head. Still… he wanted to do it, if his brother wanted to do it. Maybe he could be the first of the cubs to get the whole changing thing down.

“Why only your toes? You’re supposed to turn into something else.”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:51 pm
Cajanic

"Maybe you can't do it yet, but I'm pretty sure I can," Kefa said. "I'm supposed to be good at changing things."

Unless Jalidi was right and he was supposed to try to turn himself into something else entirely. Kefa hadn't known that was the way of things. Maybe that was why he wasn't getting anywhere with his attempts. It was a pity he hadn't known that sooner, because now he couldn't try until Jalidi left.

"I'm only turning my toes for the challenge of it. Anybody can turn their whole self into something else. But changing just part of yourself is much harder." And by extension much cooler. Obviously. So there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm
Princess_Feylin

“Well it’s obviously too hard if you can’t pull it off,” countered the snarky brother easily enough. He flapped his wings, sending some snow from the ground towards Kefa. “You should just give up on it. Let’s go practice hunting or something. Something you’ll actually be able to do!” He laughed and swished his tail around, watching the other with an expectant expression.

This was a lot of fun- he liked being around his siblings, even though he had a difficult time expressing himself properly. The things he liked to do, didn’t seem to be the same things the others liked to do.

Weird. Obviously it had nothing to do with his personality.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:52 pm
Cajanic

Kefa crossed his eyes at his brother. He envied Jalidi's ability to blow snow at people. That seemed like it would be far more useful than any of the abilities Kefa had so far demonstrated.

"It's not too hard!" he protested. "I just haven't quite got the knack for it. Yet."

But he was tired of trying. It wasn't really in his nature to do one thing for long periods of time, especially when his attempts met with repeated failure. So he shrugged.

"Yeah. Okay. We can do hunting if you want. Do you want to hunt real things or pretend things?"

Personally, Kefa preferred pretend things because they could be whatever he wanted and he could change what they were whenever he got bored, but he guessed he could hunt real things. He liked his brother, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:46 pm
Princess_Feylin

Jalidi smiled. It was nice to see that his brother actually wanted to play with him. Hunting was something he felt he could do well, even if his paws were blocked by ice and therefore he did not have any claws to speak of. Still, his jaw was powerful enough, in his mind, and he could do well to hunt some things.

As long as it wasn’t an ibex. His mother didn’t like them hunting ibex, mostly because of isidomu, their somewhat-brother.

“Let’s hunt what we can find,” he hummed, “if we can’t find anything real, I guess we could play pretend.” It was good practice either way. Maybe it was better- he didn’t want his brother to actually end up better than him at real hunting. In this one regard, he had a bit of a disadvantage.

One he would never admit to himself.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 am
If Kefa had doubts about his brother's ability to hunt with his paws encased in ice, he did not mention them. Having had the fortune to be born into a sizable litter, he had no idea how lonely it could be to be a god cub, but even so he didn't take his sibs for granted.

"Um. Okay," he agreed. What would they find here? He wasn't even sure there were proper preybeasts here, except for the ones that were kept specially by gods, like Isidomu.

"Let's hunt...elephants! They might be able to pose a challenge for us." After all, they were gods, and gods were simply too strong for normal preybeasts to challenge at all.

"Or maybe crocodiles? Which do you think mom would rather have for dinner?" There he went. Changing his mind again.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:01 pm
Princess_Feylin

Jalidi grinned.

“Let’s hunt both!” He hummed. Why not? There was nothing they couldn’t do, being Gods, right? His mother had always said to be careful and not depend too much on their special abilities, but that seemed silly to him. Why not use powers when you had them? Not that he really knew the full extent of his powers, to be fair.

He knew he could look mortal to animals if he tried, and he knew he could fly and survive in places that normal lions wouldn’t be able to handle. Clearly that made him more tough than any of them- more capable of taking down anything.

Flapping his wings again, he continued to grin. “If we kill one of each, then mom can pick what she wants us to have for dinner. It’ll be up to whatever she wants more! I think she would be happy about that.” It would also keep his indecisive brother from having to pick between the two, which he imagined would make him happy, too.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas