BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:26 pm
As you walk further from the city's bustling centre you happen upon a small quiet neigbourhood. The neighbourhood itself is a beautiful, mature and peaceful neighbourhood but otherwise unspectacular. Beyond the neighbourhood down Saint Luther's way is an old church. The church is imposing and beautiful all at the same time.
User Image
As you walk up to the church you cant help but admire the architecture of the building, you also notice it seems out of place in the city.
When you make your into the church you can't help but be impressed. The church
User Image
Yet you also feel uneasy as you walk through the church, it feel as if the portraits and stained glass faces are watching you, judging you.
User Image
User Image
The church is acually a series of churches owened by the Hand of God, a dedicated orginization to demon hunting. The church had been abandoned for almost two decades by the hand and any information as to why is very hard to come by. Priest's connection to the hand allows him to use the church as his base of operations.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 am
Priest admired his handiwork for only a few moments before he realized how hungry he was. "Ah," he groaned a little bit a the hunger pains gawned urgently at his stomach. Time to get out of here, the voice at the back of his mind seemed to be saying. Priest chewed his lip he ddin't really pay attention to his demon much, the rare time it said anything it seemed half-hearted musings at best. Other than that his demon never really tried to influence him, it was quite and agreeable most of the time. He knew he was lucky from what a lot of his brother of the hand had told him, they always seemed at constant battle with their demons. Though the quiet of his demon had always really worried his mentor, he would always say that the demon was biding it's time until Priest was at his weakest to resist the demon. Priest had promised himself and his mentor that the demon would never get the chance.
"I guess it really is time to get out of here. Though I wonder where I could grab a bite to eat?" he asked himself. He thought about the cafe tha he had tried to go to earlier but when they passed by it seemed to be closed down. "I heard about a small tea house that's very nice. What was it's called? Nurse Gin? Non, Doctor Gin, maybe?" Priest mused to himself as he stepped out of the church and into his truck and started to go towards the tea house.

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:56 am
Why did it always have to be a church that seemed to call to her? Pulling her Blue and black Ford Gt up in front of it, she idled a moment, putting it in park as she looked up at the imposing architecture. Beautiful in its own way and definately bigger than the churches in Auria. She wasn't as religious as she used to be, after all, she had seen bad things happen to too many good people to believe that gods still cared like they used to. Sighing, she pushed back her beret and turned off the engine, stepping out of her car as she pushed the button to activate the alarm, Italian high heels echoing off of the pavement and then what might have been marble as she headed up the steps. Keys jingling in her hand as she pushed open the doors and stood in the doorway, white leather trenchcoat blowing back, caught between the church's air flow and the wind that filtered in and tried to invade the church itself.

She certainly was dressed for battle, even still, cane held securely under the hand not holding her keys, leather gloves crinkling as her hand tightened on that handle. Blue sapphire eyes taking in the sunlight that filtered into rainbows and patterned the floor of the church from the stained glass windows. In the old days, it would be enough to take her breath away and make her weep. Now she only saw churches as a place where people went when they were tired of believing and needed strength to continue to go on, fighting the good fight.

She walked slowly to the holy water recepticle, removing her right glove to dip her index finger in, silently making the sign of the cross over herself as she smiled sadly, remembering Zelse and how he had been back in his crazy paladin days, his hunter days. She could never be a vampire hunter, she had too many acquaintances and friends who lived the night life, had even been married to one. Pulling her glove back on, she walked to the altar, getting down onto the little bench to pray, instead reaching for the long match to light a candle in memory to those who fell and those who needed guidance. Something she was there to try to provide. She clasped her hands together, bowing her head together, shutting those eyes.

"I know I don't come here much. Haven't been inside a church since...well, since Raz has left Auria and vanished. I hope my best friend is doing well, having lost so many people close to me...it's hard to stay in one place anymore. That's why I want to do what I always have done, travel and help people. If there's anything here,...anything at all I can do, I promise I'll try my best to help. I just..need some kind of sign. Something to tell me I'm on the right track?"

A moment passed while she stayed silent, head bowed, waiting. Waiting as she had done for years, as if meditating inside that church. Lifting her head, she sighed quietly, standing. "I guess, maybe there's nothing left for me to do but be a club owner and try to live my life as..normal as possible?" That weighed heavily on her heart and she nodded to herself. What had she expected, some sort of divine sign like a dove crashing through the stained glass window? "Well, I drove all this way, might as well find a place to get some shut eye." She spun her car key ring around on her finger as she headed down the stairs, almost skipping down them and then getting back into her car.

Slipping onto her shades, she pushed in her cd, started the engine and drove for the direction she thought the heart of the city might be, a careful glance back towards the church in her rearview mirror had her curious. She could had sworn all those stained glass windows had turned a glowing red. A sight that caused her to grip her steering wheel tighter as she spun out of the parking lot. "Yep, we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto..."

"Bass Down Low" Dev blasted as the car got further and further away from that church.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:18 am
August was first through the door, guess the yoga class was doing something. He pushed it open and the minute she was through the threshold, he slammed it shut after her. He pressed his hands to it, holding it closed, and his emotions raced again...as a thick crust of ice spread over the whole door, freezing it's joints shut. He pulled is hands free with the crack of frozen liquid, looking down at his palms.

His palms where dry and warm, he looked further shocked, as he looked at the frostbitten door, covered in it's elegant feathered patterns of ice. And he slumped straight onto his a**, panting and in shock.  

Ten Tails

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 am
She came through the door second, taking a moment to watch as the lights faded coming in through the stained glasses windows to leave them only in candlelight as the priest inside started to light more of them. Not the prayer candles, but ones truly used in case of a power outage. Least they wouldn't be bathed in total darkness.

She turned to make sure August was ok, but the way he was holding the door shut, and then as she saw the patterns of frost woven against the door when there hadn't been frost there a moment ago she sighed. And then the man slumped down against the door, to which she did in kind, but off to one side so as to not cause a barrier should anyone else seek shelter or guidance in the church.

She slumped with her back against the wall, hands holding one of her bent knees as she kept the other one straight out in front of her. "Well, this is fun." She banged her head lightly against the church's wall, wondering if that thing outside had been the sign she'd asked for. She hoped not, but one never knew. Especially since she had ran across it only once in her whole lifetime before.

"It won't stay out there long. It doesn't like churches period. Or anything that can dispel it." She could have have sent it back. But even trying hadn't even crossed her mind. Then again she had been afraid to try. What if she couldn't anymore? Her faith in alot of things had started to diminish. Mankind for one.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm
"Is it gonna try to get in here?" He sighed, raising his hand and thinking on it again. The ice condenses again, making his palm steam lightly against the room temperature in the church. The feathery patterned frost covered his palm, so high was his emotions it was actually controllable at this point. "It doesn't even feel cold...I feel...it bares repeating, what the crap am I?" He tried touching it with his other hand...and immediately jerked his hand away. "Okay...only the hand that is using powers is immune to cold. Good to know. Makes me feel slightly more normal."

He looked over to Maggy, "Yeah, crap tons of fun. So what do we do for now? Just wait it out?"  

Ten Tails

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:21 am
"It won't try to get in here, unless it wants to incinerate itself. Can't come in contact with any place blessed." Which was what she felt that a church was so close. She looked over at his hand, seeing the frost pattern again, so cracking Jack Frost jokes was out, the man would take it way too personally. Even if she sometimes had to joke in order to deal with stuff.

"We give it abit, then we walk out. It'll be gone once the chaos is gone. Meaning the police, fire trucks, sirens, people being curious over what happened." She shivered, actually able to feel the cold from being so close for a moment. "And we don't know what happened to you, but besides that, you're still who you were before this happened. Don't think of yourself as a what you are, but rather what you're capable of now? Keeps you from thinking negative things...somewhat."

She stood, brushing her pantlegs off before she stole a look through a stained glass window. "Still police around. But if you want to know more...you'd probably have to find that Fu Manchu guy again. But I know how difficult it is to find someone who typically doesn't want to be found..." She sighed, shaking her head.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:39 pm
Priest approached the cathedral he could see lights were on, "Somebody is in there?" he asked himself quietly. He took up a slow walk walk to the entrance, a small amount of concern crossed his face. He had noticed an increased police presence in the area. He felt the handle of his gun as he approached the door and grabbed it quietly opening the doors as to not alarm anyone who was in the building. He hand his hand on his gun in case he needed to defend himself. "Bonjour?" he said calmly into the to church. "Isn't it a little bit late for church?" he asked the two forms in the church.

He was disconcerting that there people in the church well after hours, perhaps they were hiding out. This was also disturbing as people hiding out n a church from police couldn't be a sign of legal activities. This could draw very unwanted to the his organization's base.there were stashed weapons all over the church as well as encoded documents and the like.

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Ten Tails

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 pm
The panting middle manager sitting before the ice covered door looked up at the Priest. "It is never too late for Sanctuary, Father." He rubbed his hand, and the ice coating upon his palm disappeared without any great aplomb, almost as though August didn't want his powers discovered by another.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:06 am
Magik let out a sigh of relief when the lights did come back on, it was like a sign that maybe that thing was gone and she could get back to her hotel room soon. But she stood, knowing that it was impossible to see through stained glass windows. But there had been no more screaming, no more sirens, outside seemed to have gone back to normal as fast as it had happened.

Dusting herself off, she adjusted her laptop bag still around herself and froze when she heard the voice of someone standing by the door. She didn't speak french, but everyone knew what Bonjour was. Glad that it was followed up with english. "Hello? We had to take shelter inside, sorry. Long story." And looking over at the man and seeing how ...guarded he seemed to be made her eyes narrow just slightly. She herself did that when she had to try to be sneaky with a weapon. Which made her step out of the way as if just trying to shake off a sleepy leg or so.

Was funny how she closed up when someone she didn't know entered the picture, and if she hadn't wanted to try to help August, she wouldn't have spoken to him either. Life had a funny way of making people talk and be social. Even if it was sending demons and soul collecters after people.

"We won't disturb anything, that I can guarentee." She flashed the man a disarming smile, one that said all too well that she wasn't about to cause trouble, unless trouble started with her.  

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm
"It is when the church is closed to the public," Priest responded calmly, "But I suppose there's not a lot I can do that you are here now?" he said almost questioningly. He looked to the girl when she spoke up, "Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you, or turn you in." he said to the girl as he watched her carefully. Something seemed to make her put her guard up, he supposed that he would be too in her shoes. "I'm the priest here, you can call me... Priest..." he trailed off realizing that it sounded obvious. He hardly introduced himself by his real name anymore not because he needed it to be a secret or anything, more because he usually just ended up being called Priest anyway.

"Sorry if I seemed surprised, I thought I had locked the doors on my out, we aren't open to the public yet." he was still wary of the two but he supposed he'd have to live with the fact he may not learn what exactly they were up to. "Um, but if you like I can offer you some spiritual assistance?" he said once again ending a sentence in a question.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:41 am
August raised his eyebrows and looked over at Maggy, slowly shaking his head. "What ever happened to the convenient, always friendly, always open..."the house of god is never closed to the faithful" church you see in movies? I guess chivalry is dead." August slowly rose and looked over the door, then the very tightly frozen door. The ice was encrusted thick on the door in elegant spiraling feathered fractals. "No spiritual assistance needed, unless you can cure evil spirits and fight my growing sense of psychosis. We should probably get on our way." He tapped on the ice covered door. "Only one problem I see Padre...uhh...How we supposed to get through a stuck door?"  

Ten Tails

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

BeautifulEclipse
Crew

Dangerous Winner

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:47 pm
"Ah, I'm sorry if it seems that way, but I am the only Priest on duty here and I can't leave it open to the public while it's unattended." he sighed a little bit and gave a half apologetic smile. He felt cold air coming off the doors, he could see the ice that had formed on the door. He looked at the male, "Cure evil spirits?" he repeated more to himself then to the two in the church. "I am versed in exorcism," he said sounding a little uncertain at the moment, he watched at the young man approached the door. "Are you...?" he trailed off, "Are you doing this?" his voice was unreadable but it not longer had the friendly undertone to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:06 am
August gave a rueful sigh, "To be truthful, yes. Though hardly intentionally. It's a barely controllable development. It does what seems to be instinctively necessary." He wrung his fingers through his hair, at a lost for what to say further. The priest didn't seem happy. August couldn't blame him.  

Ten Tails

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Serena Magik Novello
Crew

Fashionable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:58 am
Magik always felt uncomfortable in the presense of a holy person most days, maybe because it was her background. And the lives she'd lived previously. She listened quietly to August and Priest talk back and forth for a while, studying them both from an outsider's view. How she used to analyze people back in the day. Though she found it funny that the holy man thought she was running from the police, then again, anyone stumbling across them would probably misconstrue it as such as well.

After awhile of looking more like she was a spectator at Wimbledon instead of a woman that had stumbled inside of a church she sighed quietly after seeing how thick the ice was on the doorway. "We are very sorry to disturb you, Mr. Priest...Or should I call you Father? Forgive me. We meant no harm in coming here. We just needed to get to a blessed place and this church was the nearest place. Had we known it wasn't open, well..."

What would she have done? She was versed in Exorcism too, but still, her first response had been to run. Because she was trying to avoid that lifestyle. That trouble. The police officer very well could have killed them both had they stopped. But she couldn't live her life a bunch of what ifs, right?

And if this Priest wasn't well versed in the paranormal, he was probably going to freak out at the ice on the door and knowing August had caused it. "Again, I am sorry. If there's any damage, I can cover it. Is there a back door perhaps? We can leave you to your church. He should get some rest and..." All she wanted was to grab a bottle of something alcoholic and head to her hotel. She was starting to get old perhaps? "Tonight wasn't supposed to go anywhere near like it has..."  
City of NIght Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff