Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton's Fort of Athletes and Artists

Back to Guilds

A place made for the gathering of people from the Rejected Olympics 2012 Barton Team 

Tags: Barton, Sunriders, Nightravens, Rejected Olympics, Bartob 

Reply Memory Lane - (Retired Memorable Threads)
Barton's Tale's of Terror (Story Contest) voting has ended Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Vote for your Favorite Tale of Terror
Reflection of Silence(1)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
School is a Nightmare(2)
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
The Small Town Slasher(3)
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
The Devil's Toy Box(4)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Dolphin Hill(5)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Arcueil of Huron

Doting Rogue

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:49 pm
Still trying to think up a scary story smilies/icon_4laugh.gif  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:51 pm
Arcueil of Huron Wrote:

You have plenty of time still.l I can't wait to see what people can come up with with.  

KaguraSakata

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Arcueil of Huron

Doting Rogue

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:56 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:
Arcueil of Huron Wrote:

You have plenty of time still.l I can't wait to see what people can come up with with.

Me too c:
I want to read some stories~ hehe  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:01 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:

I just wanted to let you know real quick that even thought I am on hiatus (which might end soon), I still intend to submit a story for this contest. I should have it written in the next few hours, and I'll pm it to you as requested.

I'm seriously creeping myself out just writing this story. I had to turn on the lights in the house, and I still keep looking over my shoulder every few minutes. The littlest noise makes me jump. I'm usually not one to write scary stories, but I guess I'm not doing too bad if I'm getting creeped out just writing it. Of course, it doesn't help that I watched a creeptastic episode of Star Gate Atlantis last night.

Anyhow, I should have this thing ready in a few hours.  

Celestine Ravencroft

Saint Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Healer 50

KaguraSakata

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm
Celestine Ravencroft Wrote:
KaguraSakata Wrote:

I just wanted to let you know real quick that even thought I am on hiatus (which might end soon), I still intend to submit a story for this contest. I should have it written in the next few hours, and I'll pm it to you as requested.

I'm seriously creeping myself out just writing this story. I had to turn on the lights in the house, and I still keep looking over my shoulder every few minutes. The littlest noise makes me jump. I'm usually not one to write scary stories, but I guess I'm not doing too bad if I'm getting creeped out just writing it. Of course, it doesn't help that I watched a creeptastic episode of Star Gate Atlantis last night.

Awesome sounds like its going to be good.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:15 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:
KaguraSakata Wrote:

Awesome sounds like its going to be good.

Is there a maximum number of pages for this? I'm typing it double spaced in a Word document, and I'm already at four pages.  

Celestine Ravencroft

Saint Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Healer 50

KaguraSakata

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Is there a maximum number of pages for this? I'm typing it double spaced in a Word document, and I'm already at four pages.
Nope it can be as long as you want. There was only a 2 page minimum requirement, glad to see your getting into this, I was worried not a lot of people would enter.  
Celestine Ravencroft generated a random number between 0 and 300 ... 47!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:

Nope it can be as long as you want. There was only a 2 page minimum requirement, glad to see your getting into this, I was worried not a lot of people would enter.

Well, I'm sure everyone is probably waiting till the last minute to turn in their entries. I'm still getting creeped out by this story. I guess I'm drawing on stuff that scares me. Mind games really creep me out.  

Celestine Ravencroft

Saint Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Healer 50

KaguraSakata

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:

Well, I'm sure everyone is probably waiting till the last minute to turn in their entries. I'm still getting creeped out by this story. I guess I'm drawing on stuff that scares me. Mind games really creep me out.
I hope so, sounds creepy I may just have to skim yours qucikly versus reading the whole thing, I don't really like scary stuff. (realizes the irony that I'm running this contest even though I watch/read's scary stuff very little)  
Celestine Ravencroft generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 101!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:
KaguraSakata Wrote:

I hope so, sounds creepy I may just have to skim yours qucikly versus reading the whole thing, I don't really like scary stuff. (realizes the irony that I'm running this contest even though I watch/read's scary stuff very little)

Well, you may not find it creepy at all. To me it's scary because the character is seeing stuff that isn't there. That kind of thing really makes me jump. The story won't make much sense if you skip bits. I'm sure you'll handle it well. I'm hoping to have it done in another hour or so. And it's not really a Halloween story, but it is set in October. Is that ok?

And yes, it is ironic. smilies/icon_xd.gif  

Celestine Ravencroft

Saint Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Healer 50

KaguraSakata

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:
KaguraSakata Wrote:

Well, you may not find it creepy at all. To me it's scary because the character is seeing stuff that isn't there. That kind of thing really makes me jump. The story won't make much sense if you skip bits. I'm sure you'll handle it well. I'm hoping to have it done in another hour or so. And it's not really a Halloween story, but it is set in October. Is that ok?

And yes, it is ironic. smilies/icon_xd.gif

That's fine the key point is the story just has to be creepy/scary basically like telling a story to scare someone like at a campfire or like the stuff from are you afraid of the dark.  
Celestine Ravencroft generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 152!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:

That's fine the key point is the story just has to be creepy/scary basically like telling a story to scare someone like at a campfire or like the stuff from are you afraid of the dark.

Jeez, I haven't heard mention of that TV series in years. I used to see it now and then when I was a kid. I think mom tried to keep me away from it most of the time. I saw a few episodes of Ghost Hunters during junior college. Never could sleep well for a few nights after that. I'm just surprised that I can write a story like this. Usually I'm writing adventure stories full of elves and half animal creatures. This is new to me.  

Celestine Ravencroft

Saint Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Healer 50

KaguraSakata

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:

Jeez, I haven't heard mention of that TV series in years. I used to see it now and then when I was a kid. I think mom tried to keep me away from it most of the time. I saw a few episodes of Ghost Hunters during junior college. Never could sleep well for a few nights after that. I'm just surprised that I can write a story like this. Usually I'm writing adventure stories full of elves and half animal creatures. This is new to me.
I used to watch it all the time loved that show and the stories they told were perfect creepy but they usually didn't scare me too much. I love ghost hunter's my mom say's I'm weird becuase that and The Haunted do not scare me when it's real and other stuff does. Oh that's cool ( you may have realized by now that I love elves, bought the dragon age games just becuase the male elves available for romance interest's were hot, ah zevran and fenris emotion_smilies/icon_heart.gif  
Celestine Ravencroft generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 145!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:
KaguraSakata Wrote:

I used to watch it all the time loved that show and the stories they told were perfect creepy but they usually didn't scare me too much. I love ghost hunter's my mom say's I'm weird becuase that and The Haunted do not scare me when it's real and other stuff does. Oh that's cool ( you may have realized by now that I love elves, bought the dragon age games just becuase the male elves available for romance interest's were hot, ah zevran and fenris emotion_smilies/icon_heart.gif

Well, if you can handle Ghost Hunters, then you can handle my story. I, on the other hand, may not sleep at all.

Dragon Age? Never heard of it. Probably because I don't play video games. Sounds like fun though. I'm working on making a paper-based role playing game. It's slow work, but it will be fun...I think.  

Celestine Ravencroft

Saint Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Healer 50

KaguraSakata

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 pm
KaguraSakata Wrote:
KaguraSakata Wrote:

Well, if you can handle Ghost Hunters, then you can handle my story. I, on the other hand, may not sleep at all.

Dragon Age? Never heard of it. Probably because I don't play video games. Sounds like fun though. I'm working on making a paper-based role playing game. It's slow work, but it will be fun...I think.

This is some of Zevran lines with other character's and pic Zevran

and this is Fenris

Sounds like fun  
Memory Lane - (Retired Memorable Threads)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games