Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]
[PRP] *tosses hair* Sup. (Kepo x Masuko)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:06 pm
User ImageIt hadn't been easy leaving the clan, but Kepo firmly believed he was being dealt an honor. He was a gift, a consort for the leader of this strange pack.

So far this pack seemed rather ... disorganized, but you could hardly expect some foreign pack to be run properly. They also were into bones in a big way. Kepo wasn't much for bones. If there wasn't meat on them, why would you want them? This pack of weirdos evidently thought they were valuable, and Kepo had been making an effort to be polite about them, but in his heart of hearts he thought the place could use a good sprucing up. The females back home would have been screeching about living in a rubbish pit.

It just went to show that one hyena's trash was another hyena's treasure.

It was hard to tell these bonegrubbing hyenas apart, with their black and grey spotty pelts, but when Kepo saw Masuko there was no doubt in his mind that she was the alpha. It was in the way she carried herself. He darted forward, smoothly inserting himself directly in her path and planting himself in place. He tossed his head to adjust his mane to maximum sexy and gave her his most winning grin.

"Hey."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was something never done before, but Masuko had never heard of another hyena pack anywhere in the savanna. After the war, many hyenas had deserted, wandered, or merely left to tent to their woulds before returning. Gossip had filled the air, and after prying out the proper information from a few foolish scouts, Masuko had learned more of them. An alliance would help strengthen the Mava'Bunda, as disgusting as it made the new Alpha feel. Alliances that lastest were only developed through mating, and Masuko felt she had far more work to do than pupsit a useless male.

So the male was here. Kepo. He stuck out in his own way, mainly for his coat. Most of the pack were a scattering shade of greys, blending in well in their environment, while the new consort was an odd mix of brown and black. Masuko thanked the stars above he wasn't the same cream as those hellish lions, otherwise she would have sent him right on home.

Pacing the pack, albeit slower than usual, she nearly ran into the idiot while tossing ideas around in her mind. She was startled for a moment, and snarled at him. Somehow, she was beginning to worry about her choice of mate. "What do you want?"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:23 pm
Sassy. He liked that. Kepo appreciated a lady that wanted to wear the pants in the relationship. He allowed himself to preen for just a moment, tossing his head again so that Masuko would get a good view of his good side. Of course, both of his sides were pretty good, but he was just feeling his right profile today. Masuko was obviously very busy, so he thought she would appreciate a good look at just how handsome her new mate was. Especially since all the other hyenas were seemed to be drab shades of grey. Nothing against grey, of course, his mother was grey, but can you say monochrome?

"Well, we haven't really been introduced," Kepo said smoothly, not thrown off by Masuko's snarling. "Since I'm your consort, I thought we should get to know each other. So I can serve you well." And get in your pants. "And bring you, you know..." He glanced around at the dismal landscape despairingly, "Bones. Or whatever you people like."

Kepo struck another pose.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm
Masuko balked at his...well, she honestly didn't understand what the hell he was saying. Obviously this other pack handled things much differently than she did. Were they always throwing their heads around like their ears were full of flies? Prancing around like a little baby gazelle?

"Why would we need to be introduced?" she stupidly asked him. Why did it matter? Did he need to be coddled, reassured, babied? Masuko's stomach sunk at that thought. This was going to be disastrous, and fast. She wouldn't put up with that sort of bullshit.

"You're not going anywhere, why now?" Masuko felt a bit out of her element...but then she burst into typical hyena laughter. "Bones? No, I don't want bones."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 pm
Masuko was not responding well to his attempts at flirtation. Fortunately Kepo was exceptionally stubborn when it came to flirting, so he wasn't entirely discouraged. But he was just a wee bit frustrated.

"I'm your consort," he said, a bit of a whine creeping into his tone. She had wanted him for a consort, right? Probably laid awake nights, just dreaming of his arrival. And now that he was here she didn't want anything to do with him! How were they going to make pups if she blew him off all the time?

Then it hit him:

Masuko was shy.

"You can't ignore me forever," Kepo said, his voice firming. "I know you're a shy and tender princess at heart, my queen -- alpha -- but it's all right. You don't need to fear me, or our attraction!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:10 pm
Masuko thought that this conversation was extremely awkward, but it wasn't going badly. That was until Kepo said the stupidest thing she had ever heard.

Princess.

With a snarl, the alpha leaped at the stupid sack of bones that was her 'mate', trying to knock him down onto the ground. If anyone overheard that bullshit, and they probably did, she was going to guarantee that he didn't say that again. She was nothing of the sort. No proud alpha would ever put up with that.

"Don't you ever call me those things again," she said, snapping her jaws at him as she was so very tempted to go for his throat. All she needed was a subservient consort. It seemed Kepo needed to be forced into his place, if there was enough room in that cotton-filled brain of his.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Yikes.

Kepo had been chased off by irate females before, but he had never been borne to the ground and menaced like this. Masuko was a spicy one indeed. He cringed away from her teeth, wriggling into the dust. This was hardly a flattering look for him, but if it would make his mate happy he was willing to put up with it.

Besides, he was just a little bit terrified.

"What things?" Kepo asked, feeling a bit dazed. Was she talking about princess? Queen? Annoyance pushed aside his terror somewhat. "My mother is a Queen and my sister is a Princess, if it's all the same to you, Madame Alpha," Kepo groused. "I like calling you Queen better than Alpha. A Queen is a proper female leader, and an Alpha could be anyone." He rolled aside instinctively, anticipating an attack from Masuko.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:35 pm
"There is only one alpha in the Mava'Bunda," the female growled, her voice going deeper than it normally did, even when she was pissed. "There is nothing frilly here with the word princess or queen. Perhaps some weak offspring of mine may take that title to hide from their work, but I expect strength to come from your seed."

Good. He folded into his spot, even if his mouth didn't stop moving. She wasn't one to rip out a vocal cord, but she might change her opinion if he kept babbling.

She got off of him, swishing her tail behind her as she walked around him once. She wasn't up for actually striking him, as tempting as it was. She paused once she faced him again, trying to cool off the worst of her anger.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm
Kepo was pissed. The ladies of his family weren't frilly. They were big, mean, and scruffy. Except for Zalika, who was big and mean and somewhat frilly if you wanted the truth. But he wasn't about to admit that to Masuko right in the middle of her bitchfit. He scrambled to his feet when the angry female let him up.

Some instinct told him it wasn't smart to argue with one's mate, at least not on the first 'date'. Kepo faced Masuko, frowning thunderously as he struggled to get his temper under control.

"Just because we don't sleep on old bones doesn't make us frilly," Kepo said finally. "What's with all these bones, anyways? This place looks like a garbage dump."

Okay. So maybe his temper was still a little out of control. Kepo had never been known for his tact and wisdom.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm
While Kepo seemed to be losing his temper, Masuko was starting to cool off. She was always mildly angry - it came with the job. But he seemed to have a little fire in him, and she liked that. He was still a fly-eared-bouncing-gazelle-poor-excuse-for-a-graveyard hyena, though.

"You've been sleeping on bones?" she chuckled. "You fight for an elephant skull to sleep in, though I suppose we should be sharing one." It disgusted her to think about sharing her space, but if he was neat enough she wouldn't complain too much.

She paced around a bit, slinking between a set of massive rib bones that leered over the pair of them. They were pretty useless, but they always looked impressive to outsiders and fresh slaves. "This is the elephant graveyard, my dear consort. A land that we claim as our own as terrors of the savanna."

She approached him again, knowing that there were at least a few curious eyes watching them. There always was, even when their alpha demanded they leave. Hyenas were always looking out for their own necks instead of being faithful followers.

"I'm sure you have more questions, but experience is always the best teacher." Even her father had taught her that. "You are no longer what you claimed to be. You are now a graveyard hyena. MY graveyard hyena," she claimed with a jeer.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:00 am
Talking about sharing a den would have perked his ears if Kepo hadn't been so butthurt. He didn't like anyone scorning his family traditions, especially when he couldn't very well storm off forever. He watched her prance around and pose with the bones gloomily. Even though she just about exploded over 'frilly' things, there she was: posing dramatically.

Kepo didn't really know how to respond to her little speech. 'If I'm your hyena, maybe you should be nicer to me' was first in his thoughts, but Masuko would probably just laugh at that. He couldn't stand being laughed at.

"Fine," he grumbled at last. He wasn't sure what he was agreeing to (if anything), but she seemed to want some kind of response. "Where's our skull, then? I'll move my things in."

Not that he had any things per se. Maybe he could move some of her things out. She probably had a heap of moldering bones she used for a pillow or somesuch.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:39 pm
If Masuko had any idea of what Kepo was really thinking, well, she would have skinned him right then and there. For a male she thought stupid, he wasn't. He was just a little conceited, intent on getting into the sack with her and whoever else may want to jump with the consort. As Masuko could bed anyone she wanted, it was only fair for Kepo too. Masuko wouldn't be too thrilled if she wasn't the first one, however.

"Certainly, consort." She was feeling a bit happier now, if a 'normal' hyena could call it that. She'd get him to fall under her paw, no matter what. She sauntered off, assuming that he would follow her. He better, or he might get lost. The best elephant skull was not in the most obvious place, as Masuko wasn't stupid enough to let sneaky lions try to assassinate her.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas