Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:04 pm
User Image

Kipenzi clawed at the ground with an aggitated claw. She wasn't used to having a den full of squirming cubs, and it was beginning to show. The young lioness had wanted children to call her own for so long, but now that it was a reality...she was less than thrilled. Her patience had worn thin long ago, but since she was the mother of seven hungry mouths she had little choice. Her only saving grace was also her down fall.

Her hearing had always been borderline faulty, but something about the birth had nixed it all together. Honestly, it wasn't terribly hard to adjust to being deaf. It just bothered her that she would never hear her cubs voices, no matter how loudly they screamed.

User Image
Idi paid little or not attention to her mothers actions, and instead concentrated on a little bug. It was hidden behind a large tree, far from her mother's view, but just right for the little lioness. She flexed her claws in the dirt. Slowly, she started her hunt.

Patience was a virtue that Idi, much like her mother, did not posess. She had little tolerance for her stupid brothers and her sissy sisters. She wanted to do things her way, when she wanted to, no questions asked. Like hunting. She was so close to the bug that she could see the inky gloss of it's exoskeleton. Just...a little..further.

User Image
"Oh wow, cool!" Amri laughed, appearing from behind the tree. With an arrogant swoop of his paw, he held her kill between her dark toes. "Check it out, Idi. I caught a bug."

"You did not! That's mine, and you know it. Give it back, jerk!" She tried to snatch it away from her brother, but it was all in vain. He was just too quick.

Amri just grinned. There was nothing he loved more in the world than getting under his sister's skin. She was so easy to play with that it almost wasn't any fun....okay, so it was LOADS of fun, but that was beyond the point. "What are you going to do? Tell mom." He laughed. It's not like she could hear Idi's whining anyway.

"Tell me what?" Eshe loomed over her cubs, casting a disappointed look towards her son. "Just because I can't hear you doesn't mean I can't read your lips."

"Ehehe. My bad, mom."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:44 am
User Image Pimienta was beginning to adjust to her mothers loss of hearing. One of her best qualities was beginning to shine through: adaptability. Curiously she watched her mother and siblings. A tiny shudder ran through her body as she found out they were looking and catching bugs. Pimienta braved forward not looking at said bug to play peacekeeper. "Maybe you two can take turns and share the bug?" She loved to offer solutions when she could. "Hello mom." She made sure to face her mother with the greeting.

Sometimes it played on her mind a little bit about her appearance. She looked a little different then her family, but sometimes these things happened. She still loved her siblings and parents unconditionally. She carefully pawed her way over to Idi and Amri, it was hard to avoid stepping in mud especially in such a swampie place.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:05 am
Tara de Draiocht

Idi gaped. "No way! I caught it, so it's my bug." Whose side was Pimienta on, anyway?! Girls were supposed to side with girls, or so her mother had once said. She turned her glare back to the brother before looking up at her mother. "He stole it."

Kipenzi dipped her head to give Pimienta an affectionate nuzzle. Others may have pointed out that this cub didn't seem to match the others, but as soon as she pointed out that she herself never found out the origin of her father they quickly hushed. For all she knew these markings and coloration could have come from him, or anyone on her side of the family. "Hello dear."

She stood back for a minute, watching with amusement as the Caucasian cub made her way towards her siblings. Kipenzi had hoped that being raised in a swamp would help her cubs to get used to the muck and water, but it seemed that at least one took after her in that department. She could never get over how weird it all felt when it clung to her fur. "Why don't you try hunting something other than bugs for a change, hmm? Maybe if the three of you work together you can catch supper for tonight."

Well, that DEFINATELY didn't sit well with Idi. She rolled her eyes with a huff. Pimienta didn't like the mud, and her brother was just stupid.

"That's great, mom!" He spoke loud and clear, giving his mother the biggest smile ever after looking straight into her eyes. Amri jumped to his paws, sending a huge wave of mud spraying around him. "Maybe we can catch a snake. If we do, he'll have to do whatever we tell him to do."

Now THAT sounded like fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 pm
Pimie closed her eyes and nuzzled her mother back in a loving gesture before turning back to her siblings. " Oh I see Idi I'm sorry you feel that way, it is a lot more fun when one shares things." She turned back to her mother to nod in agreement. "That is an excellent idea mama. " Pimie caught the tail end of her mothers suggestion. Bugs were so not her thing but hunting, though sometimes not so much, was so her thing. "Eep!" Pimie quickly dodged the spraying mud before it could hit her fur. "Uh, I'm pretty sure thats not how it works-" She tried telling her brother but she had a feeling he wasn't listening to her advice as he was making his way towards the hunting grounds without them. "Wait for us Ammy!" She sighed with exasperation and turned to her mom. "Do you want to come with us? Or are you going to do something with papa??" Pimi idly pawed the earth before wrinkling her nose as mud now clung to her claws. That had not been smart at all nor had she thought that through... Pimi mentally shook her head in exasperation. She was allowed to make some mistakes after all.

User Image Tarakin was bored and she had been traveling around the land looking for something to do. She had been on her own for quite--well since forever. She did not know her mother nor father or even if she had any siblings for that matter. The thought of that was a bit... depressing if she were to really think about it, so she shook off those thoughts of sadness to focus on her surroundings. It was going to be a hot day that she knew for sure as the sky had been pink last night. When the night sky was like that it usually for told what was to come.

Mother had not wanted to play or come it would seem and so Pimi decided to join her siblings in play if only to watch out for them. Her siblings were fast runners that was for sure so the further they moved the farther behind she got. Even though she couldn't see them Pimi could hear that and that was good enough.

This was different this area. "Never been here before." She spoke while looking around at the somewhat musky and dirty watered area. Faint unfamiliar noise came from the right and... the sound of cubs laughing? Was she in a pride territory? Oh dear, hopefully they wouldn't be so forceful when they found or if they found her. She eyed the area debating on going further or leaving.

Phew, it seemed the air was becoming thicker and Pimi wrinkled her nose when her mane hair started to droop in her eyes. "Great." It would seem her siblings had found a water hole for now and were enjoying themselves in its cool depths. Deep but not too deep, it was perfect. Pimi let out a happy sigh and wandered over to a shady place under a weeping tree.

Nothing ventured...nothing gained. If worse came to worse she certainly was fast enough to escape. Tarakini had been blessed with long legs...but what if there were cheetahs? What then? hmmm. The decision was soon taken out of her paws when a young lion cub was in her line of sight.

Delicately Pimi layed down with a relieved sigh and took the time to scope out the area. She wasn't expecting to see anything and was startled when a beautifully pelt coloured lioness was off a few feet. "Are you lost?" She was never one to not voice her opinion and if one didn't ask then well... nothing would become of it. For best results when should up their mouth and question.

Tarakini looked at the young one, "No, well not really." She moved a bit closer. "I am just wandering around and have nothing planned. Where do I find myself? Do you know?" She eyed the cub doubtfully as some that age only knew so many words or understood so much.

Pimi raised an eyebrow at the almost baby-ish tone the other adult used. Pimi may be younger but she was smart and as quick as a whip. Plus it rankled her that others saw that she was a cub and therefore didn't know anything. "You find yourself in the Swamp Lands miss and yes I am well aware of the name of my home. Are you just passing through? If so I would recommend heading off to the right and past those bushes there. They make for a delicious treat on your way to whatever it is you are going."

Tarakini blinked looked at Pimi and then off in the distance at the cubs playing in the water. She got here and already she was being pushed off... by someone so young. It was highly amusing that young could be that ballsy. "Oh the swamp lands... sounds like not my kind of thing really." The cub looked at her with pursed muzzle. "Looks like I am on my way out then. Uh thanks for the advice." Tarakini turned around deciding it was better to leave the cubs swimming and playing then try to cause an upset, it was not her thing. She turned her head confused and spoke a soft "Bye?" before walking away. That had been such a weird experience. Would be interesting to tell someone one day... maybe.

END  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas