Submit

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:09 pm
So, I heard the new Batman movie was to die for!

Tell me I'm not the only person who laughed at this.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 pm
You aren't the only person to laugh at that, but it's not funny.
The joke is unoriginal and with poor delivery, and extremely offensive as far as "too soon" goes.

I'm not going to say s**t for you laughing at it; I think a laugh is something that just happens sometimes, whether you want it to or not. However, reposting this is an extreme lapse in judgement that I will call you out on. There are plenty of jokes that are offensive and funny in an overlapping sort of way, but this joke about a violent attack that left many wounded and dead is in no way a joke like that. It's just offensive.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Miss Cider

Timid Lover

10,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:33 pm
You're not, but only because there are so many sick, distasteful people out there. In case you don't get it: people died. Aurora CO is only a few miles from where I live, this is very personal for me, not to mention the victims and their families. Go grow a heart and a concious. Until then, gtfo. This will never be funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:47 pm
OH! O.O I keep forgetting about the shooting. I confuse it with Heath Ledger's death, I keep thinking, "But Heath died almost five years? This shouldn't sting too much. Or is it a joke based on what Bane says?" Now I get it.  

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:43 pm
Miss Emni Rose
B1g_crunch

1) I've seen the picture, it's where I got the joke from.

2)People die every day, it's a fact of life.

The fact that those people up in Aurora were shot by a man, portraying himself as the Joker and quoting lines from the previous Batman movie is, quite frankly, hilarious. Months from now, people will be making jokes about this "incident" and laughing their butts off. Just because people are making those jokes now doesn't make them horrible or insensitive, it just means that we don't care about them. Do you cry for the people dying the Middle East due to military artillery strikes? I'm not talking about soldiers and my fellow shipmates, or even the terrorists. I'm talking about the innocent people who simply get caught in the crossfire. Do you cry for the young women from Asia who are kidnapped from their homes and brought to the US for the sex trade? No, I pretty sure you don't, those people probably don't even pass through your thoughts except when you see some random article about them in the news or a magazine. But the moment that anything happens here in the US, oh, THAT's when the the jokes start going too far.

Well excuse me for having a sense of humor, when the comedians start making acts about how funny these types of attacks are (and there already are a few that do, look up Joe Rogan) maybe you should tell them that they're horrible people and should grow a heart, because I'm not gonna grow one anytime soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:52 pm
Jonstalker62
Miss Emni Rose
B1g_crunch

The fact that those people up in Aurora were shot by a man, portraying himself as the Joker and quoting lines from the previous Batman movie is, quite frankly, hilarious. Months from now, people will be making jokes about this "incident" and laughing their butts off. Just because people are making those jokes now doesn't make them horrible or insensitive, it just means that we don't care about them. Do you cry for the people dying the Middle East due to military artillery strikes? I'm not talking about soldiers and my fellow shipmates, or even the terrorists. I'm talking about the innocent people who simply get caught in the crossfire. Do you cry for the young women from Asia who are kidnapped from their homes and brought to the US for the sex trade? No, I pretty sure you don't, those people probably don't even pass through your thoughts except when you see some random article about them in the news or a magazine. But the moment that anything happens here in the US, oh, THAT's when the the jokes start going too far.

Well excuse me for having a sense of humor, when the comedians start making acts about how funny these types of attacks are (and there already are a few that do, look up Joe Rogan) maybe you should tell them that they're horrible people and should grow a heart, because I'm not gonna grow one anytime soon.

There's such a thing as having some god damn decency. It isn't the fact that a bunch of people died, but the manner of their death.

Thank you for proving to be such a waste of human life. I tried to play nice, but you have to act like such a little p***k.

I hope you die soon.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Miss Cider

Timid Lover

10,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm
Jonstalker62
Miss Emni Rose
B1g_crunch

Oh, so it's hilarious that a six year old girl was brutally murdered while enjoying a movie night with her family? It's hilarious that a young man was murdered trying to protect his girlfriend? Yes, everyone will die someday, but it should be in a peaceful and natural manner, aftera long and full life. A life that twelve people will now never have.

And no, I do not cry for the soldiers- of all nationalities -who fight and die for what they believe in. I do not cry for the innocents caught up in those soldier's gunfire, and the victims of the sex trade, and the children who raped and abused by people they should be able to trust. I do something that is so, so much better: I help them. In any way I cann, I help them. Tears do nothing. Insults and insensitive jokes do worse than nothing. It takes belief, it takes kindness, it takes- dare I say it? -a heart. Even if, as one person, I can't do much more than smile and offer a shoulder to cry on, it is much more than you are doing. Just because you are not the only one making this joke does not mean you are in the right, it just means that more people need to have some compassion. We can tear each other down, or we can build each other up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:29 am
Miss Emni Rose
...Insults and insensitive jokes do worse than nothing. It takes belief, it takes kindness, it takes- dare I say it? -a heart....
Not necessarily. There are people who joke about it because it's their way of coping to what happened, even though they may be worried or scared. Maybe not the insults part, but the joking, yes.  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 am
Boris_Badenov
Miss Emni Rose
...Insults and insensitive jokes do worse than nothing. It takes belief, it takes kindness, it takes- dare I say it? -a heart....
Not necessarily. There are people who joke about it because it's their way of coping to what happened, even though they may be worried or scared. Maybe not the insults part, but the joking, yes.

I agree with Boris. What happened was terrible, but humor is a sometimes vital coping mechanism. Lord knows I wouldn't be able to go on if I didn't have that, even in the worst of times.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games