Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Sinner's Sentiments - Polls and Wild Nonsense

Back to Guilds

A small but growing guild. We're close knit, friendly, literate, and we have polls on every topic. 

Tags: General Discussion, Literate, Awesome, Friendly, Polls 

Reply a** - PAWN
Have you ever gone to a 'professional' fortune teller?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:26 pm
A friend and I stopped by a fortune teller's last night and both got a palm reading. We had a list of things we wanted to do before the summer ended, and that was one of the things left. We weren't expecting it to be thorough or legit, we just wanted to do it.

Have you ever gone to a professional physic or fortune teller?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:21 pm
You forgot to mention how the reading went!?!

I wouldn't mind getting it done, but not something I would waste money on when I can be putting it towards better things that I actually need.

Sinacious
Captain

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:10 pm
Ha ha, we both only spent $10 when we went. So it wasn't really that much.

But as far as the reading, she was really focused on me rather than my friend from the beginning (though I didn't say anything to her prior to it). She asked me a lot of questions (she didn't ask my friend any), after the reading had already taken place and during. She basically touched upon my friend's reading and then immediately went back to talking to me (she did him second). She said that she could feel that I would be traveling in the next 'ten months' (I've been getting together plans together for an internship in Russia to teach English next May), and that I had a very strong but enigmatic presence, see could see me in a career that involved counseling and giving advice... She claimed that I really reminded her of someone and was somewhat difficult to read... which she paused for a while at that point, then that I've struggled and have a tendency to sink into depression and then come out of it stronger, but it's an up and down pattern. She also said that she saw me as someone that would be very notable, etc. etc. etc. Overall that I'd have a good life and would be successful.

Some of it seemed really broad, whereas other things she zoned in on pretty accurately. Such as the depression and me traveling. I didn't mention it, but she said my future was abroad, as well, and that was when she asked about where my family was from, because she felt like I would return there.

She was really interested in my origins, and started asking about my family after the reading was already finished and I told her that on my father's side we had some Roma(Gypsy) and Polish. She said I was the first person with Roma heritage she'd met outside of herself and the owners of the building in the area. We were there after it closed because she just wanted to keep talking to me.

Um... that's about it, I guess. For my friend she was just very straight-forward and fast. She basically went through and said that he'd get started late and settle down in his early thirties and that he'd leave the state, and when he did, that's when things would pick up and make more sense. He'd make friendships and whatnot here, but all the fundamental, stable things he'll need in life will come once he leaves (he's had plans to move after he completes a local aviation program and has always wanted to leave). She talked to him about California (which is where I was born) and he said that someone from there would be a close companion throughout his life (which after we got in the car he was like HOLY s**t). That was basically all she told him.

She didn't ask for the payment either, but we went ahead and paid her. She asked me to come back to talk to her another time, outside of business.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:21 am
That seems pretty fascinating to me. I wonder why she's so interested in talking to you more? After reading that I'm more tempted to go and get it done now though. If I ever find one I might have to stop in just to see what they say!  

Sinacious
Captain

stefcia stefcia

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 pm
Yeah, before going I was expecting everything to be very broad and impersonal, all and all fake, but some of the things she said would have been difficult to have guessed, especially considering I didn't say anything to her until after she finished the reading. So I almost want to say I'm convinced she may have been legit. I don't know if I actually recommend going to a physic, but if you'd want to try one, give it a shot. 3nodding  
a** - PAWN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games