Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] When in Rome (Ufisadi x Awani'shairi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm
User Image

Another perfect morning, Ufisadi thought to himself as he gave his head a shake, trying to wake up a bit before heading off to the stream to grab a drink. Ever since he had arrived in the Chokwe lands every morning had been perfect. Some days it had been raining, some days it had been overcast, and some days had even been horribly hot. But to him, now that he had a place to call home, every single morning, noon, and night was completely and utterly perfect.

He was still regaining his strength from when he found himself at the border of the rouge lands and the Chokwe pride. His ribs were still visible from his near-starvation, but he could run again without suffering from bouts of lightheadedness and nausea. That, in his book, was great. He'd pack on the pounds again soon and be able to start his training to join the pride's ranking system.

But for today, he did what he always did: kept it low-key. Ufisadi reached the stream he had set out for and lapped up a morning drink which helped him wake up the rest of the way. He waded in a few feet and let his paws soak in the cool, refreshing sensation of the flowing water. Ah...this was the life. He couldn't think of how this could be any more perfect.

...well, that was actually not true. He really hadn't made any friends here yet. Everyone was always busy, he hadn't seen that cheetion that brought him into the pride, and when pride members did talk to him, they quickly left him alone, thinking he needed rest. He didn't want to be left alone. He thrived off interaction! Ah well...maybe today he could focus on finding a friend. Or at least someone to talk to.

Talencia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:21 am
User Image

Awani was exhausted. In the night there had been an incursion of hyenas that had attempted to sneak in and do mischief. Problem being, they were guarded by their own contingent of wild dogs. What they had hoped to accomplish, she didn't know or try to guess. All she had known was that they had to fended off and driven away. Two wild dogs and one hyena had been killed, others injured, before the odd pack had fled finally. It wasn't such a bad encounter, as their own side only had a few scrapes and bites to show for it. However, chasing fleet and agile wild dogs was a daunting task. She really needed to work on her speed!

They'd been dismissed well before dawn for a well-deserved rest, but her blood had been too hot to relax and slip into sleep. She had first gone hunting, choosing something simple and dumb to make the kill easy and without much effort. Her restlessness had settled somewhat after achieving a full belly, but as the sun had risen, she hadn't quite been able to stay still yet. Her body was tired, but her mind was still whirling. So she had opted to walk it off. With sore paws, she chose to walk down a stream that ran close to the stirring den area. She listened to the calls of friends to each other, the sounds of families laughing and playing, and the scent of blood as food was brought to those who had other responsibilities.

The water felt cool and soothing on her aching paws, and her tailtip trailed wearily in the water behind her. She was traveling downstream as that was easier than walking uphill. Catching sight of someone painfully thin up ahead, she pricked her ears and a little more life came into her slow body. Ah yes, she'd heard about the newcomer and his starved state. It was the perfect time to greet him. She padded forward, allowing her paws to make more splashing noises than she would have normally, so he would be alerted to her presence. "Welcome," she finally chuffed when she was close enough.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:18 pm
A little fish swam between Ufisadi's paws as he stood in the cool water. He tilted his head to the side before sticking his muzzle into the water to scare it away. It swam downstream faster than a cheetah after a gazelle. He laughed quietly as he pulled his head back and shook it a bit to free it of water. As the ripples stilled he caught a glimpse of himself and grimaced, his cheerful demeanor leaving his expression. He was getting better, yes, but he was still a sad shell of the rather awesome lion he used to be. He had been through a lot the past few months, though, so it wasn't terribly surprising.

Lifting his head as he heard some splashing, Ufisadi turned to spot a dark leopardess coming his way. His ears pricked up in delight as she continued her trek through the water and closer to him. Finally, someone to talk to! She looked a bit ragged herself, although she was very healthy and fit from what he could see. Perhaps she had been out hunting recently.

"Thank you," he said, bobbing his head in greeting as she came within earshot. It seemed word got around that the skinny guy was new in the pride. He had been receiving welcomes and greetings, as well as far too many introductions to remember the past few days.

"Ufisadi," he said, introducing himself with a small grin, a mere shadow of his normal broad, tricky one. He had the wind taken out of his sails on his way to this pride more than once, and he really didn't want that old lifestyle to follow him here. It had been hard, but being so weak and trying to be accepted into the pride was helping kick the old prankster out of him.

"You look rather tired," he added after giving his name. "You're a huntress?" There were quite a few roles the pride had, and Ufisadi was still trying to figure out where he'd fit in best. He really wasn't that great at hunting, but he was big enough to join the ranks of the fighters, he felt. Once he put some muscle back on, that is.

Talencia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm
"I am Awani'shairi. I mostly go by Awanai, for simplicity's sake, though." She waded to the bank so she could have a seat. As wonderful as the water felt on her tired paws, it would not have felt so nice to sit in just now. She shook the excess water from her paws as she exited without a fuss, settling herself on the grassy bank. "Ah, no, I am not a huntress," she replied with some amusement. Funny how folks had ideas for others, though she shouldn't jump to conclusions herself. Leading questions merely indicated a wish to know information, rather than being assumptions. "I am one of the soldiers," she added simply. "I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."

She began grooming one of her damp forepaws, her weariness fading further as she examined him thoughtfully. The poor thing clearly had had a rough time of it, and she hoped he'd find a place to settle here. "Are things working well for you here?" she inquired, setting down the paw. "It looks as if you could use more rest and food yet still." Her head tipped to the side, her eyes ruminative, taking any sting from her words that might have existed.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Ufisadi nodded slightly, repeating 'Awanai' to himself so he'd remember it. He remained in the water as the leopardess settled down on the bank, the rushing of the stream keeping him in place. It felt nice on his legs, cool and gentle.

"Oh, forgive my ignorance," he said as she corrected him. A soldier being mistaken for a hunter...it could be taken as an insult, but thankfully she didn't seem to think it was. He felt like he was walking on eggshells around some of the felines here with the way they acted. Awanai seemed to take into consideration that he was new, which was nice.

"So far, yes. I've only just arrived, though, so I'm still making my way," he said with a slight nod. "I've been trying to decide a roll to take but..." But he couldn't pick. He had never needed to pick one in the past and now he felt like he wasn't suited for anything other than sitting in one spot and directing the water where to go. Granted, it wouldn't listen to him, but at least he'd be occupied.

"A bit more and I'll be back in top shape," he agreed as he moved to stand on the banks beside Awanai. "Then it's just a matter of finding where I'll be of use."

Talencia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm
She began grooming her other forepaw as he spoke, listening for what he did not say, for what was between the lines. Almost everyone who came to Chokwe had some sort of story behind it, and from the looks of him, his was one of the tragic sort. She nodded at his statements, setting down her second paw. "This is a good place to rest, to recover." She paused, debating whether to ask or not. "Don't push yourself, though. Too much too soon can do more damage than good." She'd seen over-eager fighters try to launch themselves into the action too soon after a serious injury, and had done more damage than the original injury had.

"Pardon my asking," she began, having decided that it might be best after all, "but what has brought you to us in such a sad condition?" She gestured with a paw to indicate his ribs, his legs, his general lean state. "You don't have to share, if you don't wish to," she added hastily, ears folding slightly. "I don't wish to be rude. But perhaps talking about it might help me help you find your place here?" She wasn't generally a soft and flirtatious female, but she did have a soft heart, and wished to help a fellow creature with needs beyond mere food and rest.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:21 pm
"I've noticed," Ufisadi agreed, nodding his head just a bit. He settled down on the grass a few paces from Awanai, letting her fur dry in the warm sun. His pelt was much lighter than his companion's so it would probably take a bit longer, but he didn't mind. He had no where to be and no one to see, so why should he feel like he was in a rush?

The question made him cringe a bit, and he quickly averted his eyes. He knew he couldn't tell her what had happened. He couldn't tell anyone. They'd probably kick him out of the pride and all he wanted right now was to have a home, where people would talk to him and laugh with him and make him feel better. "It's not something I'd like to share," he confessed quietly. "Other than my sad condition reflects my situation."

It hadn't helped that he had been left on his own to find food and shelter after he had confessed his sins to the appropriate lions. The Goddess had left him after he had filled his duty to her, and he was as good as dead. Thankfully he had found the stream where he met the scout that had brought him here.

"Just know that I hope this place will help me recover mentally as well as physically."

Talencia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 am
His reaction to her inquiry wasn't terribly surprising. He looked rather as if he'd been through quite a lot. Still, it was better to have asked. She was reasonably sure he'd end up needing to talk to someone, but it was hard currently because he was new, and likely didn't trust or have any sort of bond with anyone. She mulled that for a moment, watching him thoughtfully. It wouldn't cost her anything but time and patience to allow him to unwind enough to share his confidences with her. He needed someone, and she might as well be that someone.

Thus resolved, she did not pad off again with a vague parting, but nodded solemnly. "It does take time, to be sure. We have all sorts here in Chokwe, who have had all kinds of experiences and backgrounds." She gave him an encouraging smile. "It won't take much for you to fit right in. In the meantime, perhaps, if you like, you and I could work together to recondition your body? The outside can be strengthening while the inside is recovering too, hmm?" She tipped her broad head, her expression serene and inviting. She suspected he might appreciate the offer, and hoped he'd take it. "Perhaps we can do a little of everything, so that when you are fully fit, you'll know what work you'd like to do." Everyone had to work, not just for the benefit of the pride, but for their own peace of mind and body. Idle bodies and minds tended to sour and turn to dark things.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 pm
Talencia
Oh man, I never saw you posted! Sorry about the huge wait! DX

Ufisadi was honestly surprised that the leopardess didn't stride off upon learning he had secrets to keep. Usually the idea of someone doing something so horrible they couldn't talk about it was enough to scare anyone off. Instead, she offered him assistance in getting better. He was quiet for quite some time, turning the offer over in his head. She knew the pride and all it had to offer...he'd be a fool to turn her down.

"I...well. How can I say no to that?" he asked with a weak smile. "Your generosity is appreciated, Awanai." The sincerity in his voice was hard to miss, and he bowed his head very slightly in further thanks. He did want to heal, physically and mentally, and he'd be a fool to walk away from the opportunity to do so.

"Although, I feel for the moment all I can do to get well is to rest and eating," he chuckled quietly. "And you're welcome to partake in that as well, of course. You look like you could use a bit of rest and relaxation as well."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 pm
Well, that was certainly a pleasant offer! It was nice to be wanted for more than just her skills. She enjoyed socializing as much as teaching or sneaking about in the dark. While training had its place, so did quiet company. She gave him a warm smile. "That is very kind of you," she replied softly. "I could indeed use some rest and food." She tipped her head at him speculatively. Perhaps entertainment of another sort as well? Time would tell. For now... "Come on, I know where they'll have kept the kills from earlier for those of us who couldn't hunt."

The muscular leopardess chuffed lightly, whiskers spreading for attention, then slicking back into a feline smile. "it is nice and cool here, if you'd rather bring our meal back here as well." She gave him a mischievous little grin, twirled her tail, and turned to lead the way to food. He probably wasn't up to it anyway... yet. But who knew what the future might hold?

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 pm
Ufisadi nodded just a bit as Awanai suggested bringing the food back to the river's edge. It was nice and cool here, thanks to the sudden shade the clouds above had provided, and would be a nice way to clean up afterwards. He set out to follow her, not missing the little flip of her tail and the smile. He cocked his head to the side just a bit and, had he been in his old mind set, he would have instantly started to put the moves on the friendly leopard. But, as it was, he was tired and sore, both mentally and physically. The last feline he'd done anything with had given him pretty good reason to never try having cubs again, anyway.

"Lead the way," he said with as cheerful a tone of voice as he could muster. Ah well...time could change him for the better.

FIN  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff