Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Not all that glitters is gold. (Calypso & Kyria)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am
(pic tba)

There was not much these days that interested Calypso inside her homelands. Everything was so quiet and safe, and everyone seemed to be smiling and laughing... everyone but her. Its like they had moved on from their terrible ordeal, and in doing so, had left her behind.

She had grown up in the time of oppression. She had never known peace until the males were suddenly driven out and her mother had returned. Her mother... she was the worst of them all. Hippolyta had left her alone with those murderous males almost her entire life and then when she came back, it was like she couldn't wait to have more cubs, to replace her poor, misfit daughter with children that weren't scared by the past. The whole pride was like that... erasing every trace of what they had gone through, like it didn't exist.

It made her so angry sometimes... SHE knew it had happened. SHE still remembered what it was like. SHE wasn't trying to pretend nothing had ever happened.... sometimes Calypso wished desperately for some way to shove it in their stupid faces and make them acknowledge what that time had done to her, what it had made her become.

Stretched out on a wide branch that hung a few feet off the ground and dipped towards the river, she watched the far side with slitted red eyes. She watched the comings and goings of the lionesses of the pride among the dens and wished desperately that someone would look her way, would look AT her and truly see her for the first time... even as she hunched her shoulders and hoped no one would.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 pm
Kyria lived a relatively stress free life, if you didn't count the stresses of being the shining star of the pride, which left her with a good deal of time on her paws. She usually busied herself with annoying Makoto, the elite guard that liked to hang around Momma Ebere. It wasn't something her mother liked, but then, she didn't usually bother Makoto around her mother, anyway. After all, life was good, right?

She padded along, in full view of everyone until she started to drift towards the river in search of a particular soul. It wasn't often, if ever, that she paid much attention to her older sister, but today was different. Today she wanted to see what was so special about Calypso that she got to be heir. So far, she hadn't heard many good things about the girl, at least, nothing to support the ranking. Was she really smart? The best huntress?

"Calllyyyyppppsssoooo?" She called up, prancing on the ground with a little bounce in her step. Where was she? She couldn't be far-"There you are!" Kyria huffed, spotted the dark shape on a tree branch. The little juve got as close as she could, gazing up at her older sister. "Why are you up there? Are you hiding from someone?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:51 am
Calypso frowned down at the girl as she came bouncing up, straightening herself and crossing her paws before her to place her chin on them. It was hard to resist letting her face twist in a snarl, but she managed it. Its not that there was anything wrong with her mother's other children, but... sometimes they got on her nerves, much as any younger sibling would, all other things beside.

"I'm not hiding, I'm watching. You can't watch things when you're in the middle of them, you have to be outside of it to see it right." She huffed, turning her face away. "And what are you doing over here anyway? Shouldn't you be with one of the nannies? Someone is going to have a fit finding you alone out here. Its not safe, you know... what if some male snuck in here and carried you off, hmm? You wouldn't like that much." The older girl growled as she delivered her threat, swallowing down the old rising fear that the though evoked in her. She almost wished now that she hadn't said it... She wouldn't wish that fate on any female, no matter how annoying, but along with that came the thought that this little girl would never have to live through what she lived through and the anger came back again.

"Why don't you just go back across the river and play with your siblings, huh?"

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:29 pm
What was wrong with her? Kyria instantly pouted on seeing Calypso's current position. What a weirdo. Did she...did she just turn her head away?! She dead panned at first, then pranced closer with a huffy little attitude. The young lioness kept telling herself over and over to stay calm, that it would be really, really bad when she got home if either of her momma's found out she'd been rude to Calypso. Still...

"Like I care." She stated bluntly. "The nannies treat me like every other cub, and I'm not. They try to cuddle when I don't want it, and when I do, they're busy with someone else. Besides, I'm big enough to watch myself." Kyria stood, tall and proud, her eyes never leaving the darker lioness. "And if a male came in here, you'd protect me, right? Just like I would protect you." As bratty as she was, she meant it. Let them come! She'd take them all on. Okay, well, maybe one...then she'd call for the guards. That growl had her bravado quelled, and made the little whelp flip her ears back.

Instead of leaving, Kyria sat down with her paws tucked neatly under her. "Can't I play with you? I mean, you can still play, right?"

Bluefire Dragonz

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:12 am
The dark sister turned one eye towards the other as she mentioned defending her if a male showed up, a sour expression pulling at her mouth.

Okay, so, yes... if it really came down to it, she would, but she would rather get a tooth pulled than actually admit it to what she saw as a bratty younger sister. She had her pride, after all.

"I'm too grown up to play and I'm not a cub sitter." She said crossly, her tail flicking in irritation. It was hard to deal with young cubs... she felt so out of place around anyone of the pride, but the cubs were the worst. She didn't feel grown up, not like the other females, but she was far from being a cub too. It was awkward and unpleasant, especially having her private time invaded like this.

Finally, Calypso raised her head and frowned down at her sister. "Why don't you play around here, quietly, by yourself? If you really want someone around, then I'll just stay here and you stay... over there." She said, pointing to a scruffy patch of brambles, vines and general underbrush nearby.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:07 pm
Kyria resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at Calypso. Instead, she settled on a pensive scowl. She started to move around in the general bouncing motion of youth. A small pebble brushed on the underside of her claws, causing her to first jump, and then pounce on top of it.

"...I guess that's okay. So long as you promise not to leave." She twitched her nose, her paws firmly clasped on top of her prey. However, when she turned her head to see what spot her sister wanted her to play in specifically, she could only gape. She couldn't be serious. There was no WAY she could be serious. "I'm not going over there! What if I get dirty? Or hurt?" Her paws practically sucked themselves closer into her body.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces