Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:53 pm
User Image

Felo squeezed his way through a couple of logs. He was attempting to make an escape from his family. Spending too much time with them really put Felo in a feisty mood and he never said anything nice when he got that way. Of course, spending too much time with anybody would get him annoyed. Not that he'd know, since he's only really been around his family. No matter, that little thought wasn't going to get him down.

He wiggled his head into the large gap of the logs. His ears were pressed firmly to his head as he forced his way through. He managed to get his arms past and his head soon followed suit with a pop as his ears plopped forward. Great, now that he was half way through, he'd have to get his rump across next. Why did he choose this way? At the time it seemed logical. Of course, now that his arms dangled in front of him and his hind legs clawed at the bark, he probably looked like a fool. Hopefully he'll be able to un-jam himself before anybody came along. Gods forbid somebody did.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:20 pm
User Image
Hlengiwe was taking her usual stroll by herself. She never liked to stay around the other lionesses for too long. Probably because she was more open-minded than all the older ones. Like the Firekin, there were many that opposed it whereas she looked at it in a positive light. So to clear her thoughts and get some alone time, she took strolls just within view of everyone.

It wasn't very long before she tripped on a rock. After tripping many times within her life, her body instinctively knew what to do before she could even think. Her front paws spread out to catch her before her jaw could smack into the ground with the full force of her body. She still landed splayed out but the fall didn't hurt much anymore. Her blue eyes blinked up at a cub that seemed stuck within a log right in front of her. She smiled up at him. "Hello there." Well, at least she hadn't tripped on nothing.

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm
Felo grunted as he pushed with his front paws to free his back. It wasn't his most attractive moment, but these were desperate times. A couple good bucks with his rump and he had enough wiggle room to squirm out. Unfortunately, once his back side came out, the rest of him followed too quickly and he tumbled forward with a squeak.

"Owwww" He rubbed his head since that was the first thing that hit the ground. The greeting from another presence caught him off guard and he jumped from fright. He wouldn't ever admit it, but he was a bit scared of strangers. Well, who could blame him? Most of the time was spent with family since others thought he was too young to be by himself.

His reply was a scoffing upper lip as he re-adjusted himself. Felo was utterly and completely embarrassed--if his one fallen ear was any indication. He fought the instinct to act small and try to blend into the environment. It frustrated him that his body would want to cower. To stop the need to hide, he quickly jumped up, causing his fur to fluff out anyway. "I would appreciate if you didn't remember what you just saw." He tried to be polite, but usually failed. Few people could put up with him very long. In fact, nobody so far could stand to be around him.

Lilbabe808

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:35 pm
Blu Chalk

Hlengiwe laughed from her position upon the ground at the poor cub. He had made quite a spectacle of himself. Luckily for both of them, there were no lionesses near them. Though for sure, the rest of the pride could have seen from where they were lounging. No cub ever wandered too far from the rest of the pride. If they did, the lionesses would follow.

She pushed herself up slowly with her front legs, settling on her haunches. He seemed to be quite embarrassed about what she had witnessed. Her paw came down upon his head gently and ruffled the fur there. "No need to fear. I won't tell anyone." Her smile was one of amusement. "The trick is to let them think you did it on purpose." Many times had she found herself in embarrassing situations as a cub. But experience taught her to just shake it off and move on. It became less interesting if one acted that way.

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:38 pm
She was laughing! Laughing at him! Felo attempted to sit straight and present himself as someone you do not laugh at. He'd have a few choice words to throw at her, but she could just yelp and a lioness will be there within seconds. He squirmed at this information. She held power of him whether she knew it or not. Ohhhh~ how he hated that.

He froze as she raised her paw. He wasn't quite sure what she'd do with it. It took him a second to realize she was patting his head. He quickly scooted out from under her paw. "How dare you treat me like a child!" His eyes turned into round disks as he quickly realized his mistake. Oh, if an adult heard him, his plans would be spoiled! Though, he wasn't done yet. He stepped a bit closer and lowered his head to be more secretive. He looked around to be sure he wasn't attracting any attention before spitting out, "Of course I did that on purpose and I don't need you to remind me." He raised his head and quickly nodded to drive home his point. Then he huffed his head over his shoulder, with his eyes half closed, in an attempt to look superior. It was rather hard, since this would look better if he was bigger.... though, at the moment, he'll have to work with what he had. He was embarrassed and did not like to be in this position. His muscles were getting tired from holding himself up so high. Hopefully, she'll get the message and he'll be able to relax.

Lilbabe808

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:44 pm
Blu Chalk

The cubs response was extremely unexpected and brought out even more laughter. Hlengiwe's maw was stretched to the max with a smile as laughter poured out of her. She clutched at her chest with a paw. Oh, he was hilarious. Around fits of giggles, she said, "But you are a child, little cub." Her blue eyes peered down at him, emphasizing how small he was compared to her.

It was his attitude and physical positioning that made her raise a brow. She wondered who his mother was. "Who is your mommy?" Perhaps it was just weird to her that he would act so high and mighty as a male cub in a female dominant pride. Especially since his chances of staying were pretty low. In a way, she now felt sorry for him. Maybe it was some kind of defense. She couldn't tell and had never been too brilliant at discerning what others meant just based on their words and actions. Unless they spelled it out for her. Which was why she loved her mother so much. Njalo never showed anything other than what she really meant.

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 pm
Felo rolled his eyes and snorted. Everybody was so obsessed with age. Just because he was a cub doesn't mean he's not competent. The fur around his shoulders spiked up in irritation. "So what?" He spat. "Just because I'm a kid, doesn't mean I'm not a threat." He snapped his mouth shut after the words rang out. The last thing Felo wanted was to be targeted or tossed back to his litter mates. His emotions sharpened his tongue and threatened to get him in trouble. "I mean, I'm smart enough not to do something stupid and get myself killed." His tail trashed behind him. "And who cares who my mother is." No need to give the 'enemy' valuable information. For all he knew, she'd take him straight to her and spoil any hopes of fun.

Speaking of information...Felo knew nothing of what was going on around him. The adults did little to inform the cubs. Not that he could blame them for not talking to the other little ones, but Felo's mind was above their intellect. At least, he liked to think so. He cleared his mind in an attempt to be civil. "Regardless, what can you tell me about current events?" He lowed his voice to a some what neutral tone. The strain could still be heard, but a few coughs cleared the air.

Lilbabe808

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff