[PRP] Still life (Nemanja & Veri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:26 pm
User ImageVeri was nearing the end of her journey with Mith, the mortal, and as it often did the journey itself had changed them. They were going to arrive to the place he believed he belonged tomorrow, and hopefully be able to enter the pride lands. She had excused herself this evening, but her flight didn't take her over pride territory. Instead she sought out a private place, landed and teleported. The grass waved for a moment where she had disappeared, moved by the air rushing in to fill the space she had occupied.

The sounds, scents and temperature changed. She was home. It was much as she remembered it, but she had changed in subtle ways since last time. She started walking, enjoying the subtle but definite difference in... everything. She was here to find Nemanja and to check up on him, and on her snake. He ought to be around, he usually was, and while it would be easier to find him if she flew she opted on walking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:49 pm
Annchen

User Image

The large lion was, unsurprisingly, collapsed in a heap. If he had moved at all, it hadn't been for awhile, as snow had built up in a small mound around him. All things considered, he had enough sense to make sure he collapsed against a boulder, it made for a convenient wind breaker. Not that Nemanja'janan cared whether he froze or not, but he had been requested to look after a strange new addition.

A snake.

Granted, the snake wasn't ordinary, seeing as it was Veri's, and as hard as Nemanja tried to shake off the fact that who it belonged to didn't matter, he failed. Veri had been and was his friend, and as such, a deeply rooted sense of duty (one he didn't often acknowledge) had reared its ugly head. He had looked after the snake as well as he could, even if he might claim to not care or consider the snake's well being.

In fact, he had moved a few times from the Gods Haven, had taken up the mortal sunshine and flopped in its dirt for awhile. Deep down, he did it out of consideration for the snake. He didn't know what it needed to survive, and he wasn't exactly intent on conversing with it, so he . . . let it do its thing. If it needed to do its thing at all. Back and forth between the hot lands of the mortal realm and the frigid environment of the gods haven.

All for the snake. . . and ultimately for Veri.

Nestled in the snow drift, covered in a small layer of snow, the ebony eyed male stared out at the unchanging landscape. It was white, cold, and frozen; he was unmoving, quiet, and still. Like a statue, the god stared out at nothing, waiting. . . . just. . . waiting. Veri would find him soon enough, whenever she was ready to take back her ward. Until then, his mane and fur were for the snake to burrow in -- though it wasn't the prettiest of coats, and it was rather tangled, at least Nemanja'janan had a lot of fluff.  

Uta

Shy Mage

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 am
Again, she felt him before she saw him. The familiar wave of apathy was welcome to her, because it meant that Nemanja was near. She savored the feeling for a moment, but then focused on resisting it for now. The monochromatic god looked as if he hadn't moved since she left, but she knew he must have done so at some point. Her snake poked its head out from the mound of fur and mane and snow as she approached, and it looked well. The reptile flicked its tongue once, and then disappeared again.

"Greetings Nemanja," she called, and grinned at the unkempt pile of God, "What's new? I think the snake is comfortable with you."

She felt different than she had when they parted ways. At that time she thought she was going to depart on a quick journey to help out a mortal, and then get back to her own business. Unfortunately she had underestimated the time such a journey took when you couldn't fly, or run without needing to stop for food, or cheat with a bit of teleportation. And she certainly hadn't expected to befriend the mortal in question. Or... Ahem... Get busy with another mortal. She wasn't sure if Nemanja would notice that she carried young. If he did he probably wouldn't care...

((I suck... and I owe you at least one more tag...))  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 pm
Annchen
((Oops! I didn't notice you tagged this, though . . . my own muses failed for two months there. SO SORRY! ;0; ))

A figure approached, and he could sense the goddess and her power, even if his eyes had yet to actually turn to her. There was the faintest taste of blood upon his tongue, a sweetness he so rarely allowed himself to cherish. As a god he did not need to eat, and upon the mortal lands, hunting took so much effort. He could do such a thing, he had killed before, but it was never for his own needs or desires. . . .

Not that anyone needed to know of those stories, of those times.

They were long past, the Nemanja who hunted for those less fortunate, for those unable, was not the god that settled in the snows now. At least, that was what he would have many believe. Whether lives lived or died before him was simply just a state of things. If he hunted for them, if he did not, the results had little effect on his heart or frame of mind. Or so the large male tried to believe. . . .

He felt he snake move in his mane, but it did not flee. Not yet. He allowed one ear to twist, to turn and focus on Veri even as her voice broke the relative silence on the snowy mountain. It was her. One of his only friends, one of the very few he looked upon and let himself tear down his walls of apathy. While it was unlikely they understood their growing importance in his life -- an importance even he tried to fight on occasion -- the great lion couldn't bring himself to truly forget. Her presence reminded him of that fact.

After a long moment, the large beast slowly pushed himself to his paws and sat up. If his bones could creak, they very well might, and he wrapped his tail loosely about his paws. Turning his head, he let his ebony gaze rest upon the goddess that stood before him, discerning that she was . . .different. . . then from when they had met up months before. It wasn't an easily perceived change, was she stronger? Sharper? Heavier? Well, it didn't matter either way. . . for it was Veri, regardless of any changes that might have become her, and that was what was important.

He almost smiled.

"Veri." The words were as dusty as the plains of the mortal realm in summer, and it felt strange to speak after so much time without. Still, he gave a small incline of his head in proper greeting. "The snake and I have an arrangement of sorts." He explained quietly, slowly, as if each word were an effort to make. It was true though -- he offered it warmth, protection, and brought it down to the mortal lands. It didn't run away and had yet to cause trouble or leave. It worked out well.

"Have you come to retrieve him?" Her? Gender, meh, it didn't matter. So long as Veri found the snake in good health, that was all that mattered. Her approval.

Uta

Shy Mage

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 am
Uta

Nemanja had a way of moving that she hadn't seen in anyone else. It was hard to describe. It was sort of like watching unwilling mountains move over. No, that was not it, and she couldn't begin to describe it. He moved like himself, and she knew every small gesture he did was meaningful since it took so much energy for him to overcome the need to do nothing at all.

"Not yet," she said and settled down next to the God, close enough to let the snake crawl between them without touching snow, "Unless it's really bothering you, that is. I just wanted to see you."

She didn't specify if the "you" was just Nemanja or if it involved both God and snake. The snake peered out at her with its beady unmoving eyes. It made no move to leave Nemanja's mane. It might be cross at her, it was hard to tell.

"I forget how slow mortals are compared to us," she said, "But we should reach the pride tomorrow. We'll see what happens then."

She had no clue how the disease ridden pride would react to her presence, but when talking to Mith'ando they had decided it would be best for her to walk in as a Goddess, without hiding her true identity. If they didn't want to have anything to do with her she'd leave right away. Her promise had been to show Mith the way, not to hold his paw while he settled in.

"Something else came up," she said, "And I might need to take care of some more business before returning for the snake."

It would probably be safe for her snake to be there when she had her cubs. She was pretty sure it wouldn't eat one... But... It seemed to do well with Nemanja, and it would be easier to be able to take care of the cub problem without having to worry about her familiar.

((Veri must be one of my most stubborn characters... I've tried to write this post for so long and she just wouldn't talk to me!))  
[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games