Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:36 pm
The entrance to the Factory is barred with a rusty, weather-worn chain. The building itself is dark and looming, the wind echoing through it and giving it a menacing aura which is only magnified by the moonlit night. Kyle and Mia have just arrived.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 pm
Kyle is humming the slinky jingle as they approach. Mia is surveying the area, keeping her eye on everything.
"Would you stop that humming? It's creepy."
"Would you rather I sing?"
"Oh god no. Hum away."

Kyle takes the chain in his hand, giving it a tug. It doesn't give. He looks around for a crowbar. After not finding one, he looks over at Mia.
"We got two choices. We can either pretend this door is about to kill us, and punch through it. Or, we can find another way in. Did the mission notice say we needed to be stealthy?"
"Not that I can remember," Mia replies. Kyle gets an evil grin. He slams his fist into the door, cutting his hand and feeling the pain. Mia steps back in shock. "What are you-?"
"Ah! Adreniline. Mia, weaponize for me please." Mia turns into a gauntlet, easily fitting Kyle's hand. Kyle takes a stance, and punches the lock hard.  

demimonde4
Captain

Hilarious Conversationalist

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:48 pm
The lock breaks easily, almost falling apart upon contact. As the chain rattles to the ground, the wind blows the double doors of the factory open slowly. Inside is very dark, and various machines can be seen, all turned off.

Suddenly, from within, can be heard the sound of children laughing, and the sound of a music box playing a jingle that seems unsettlingly familiar, though neither Kyle nor Mia can place it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vBKW7nybU  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:51 pm
Mia is noticeably frightened. Kyle shrugs off the unsettling feeling, and slowly walks into the factory. After three steps inside, he turns and looks at the door. Seeing as it hasn't closed, Kyle continues down the corridor.

He finds himself humming the tune that's being played, while also focusing on keeping his soul locked with Mia's.  

demimonde4
Captain

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:55 pm
The two of them, Mia in weapon form, can see in the darkness well enough to avoid the machines. There is a map showing the various areas of the factory. Namely, four:
-Administrative
-Testing
-Design
-Assembly

The area they appear to be in is Assembly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:59 pm
"It's times like this I wish I could sense souls. Finding our target's would be easier."
"'Make do with what ya got.' Your favorite line, right?"
"Definitely. You should change back to normal, the adrenalin's fading."

Mia changes back to her human form, looking around the factory. She looks upon the map, thinking hard.
"Administrative...those are the offices and the guys who run the place. If we head up that way, we might find whatever we're looking for."
"Makes as much as sense as anything I could come up with. I'll lead," Kyle says with his usual grin, heading for the administrative offices.  

demimonde4
Captain

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:06 am
"Administrative", as Kyle and Mia come to realize, was the factory's way of saying "a small office at the back of the factory." All the way both of them can hear children laughing in the distance, seemingly echoes from the machinery. As they enter the administrative offices, it becomes more distinct, and seemingly sinister. Really, all there is to the room, is a bloodstained secretary's desk with a larger, bigger desk behind it. In the great, leather chair sits a shriveled, mangled corpse. Next to the desk is a large, oversized Nutcracker. On it's chest is a plaque, reading Big Jim, Company Head. On the large desk is a book, seemingly a journal of some kind. Its open to a page.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 am
"Hmm, creepy office. Dead guy in a chair. Nutcracker, sucks for me. Mia, what do you think?"
"That book's open. Should we read it?"
Kyle gets an evil grin, and seriously debates scaring his partner. Before he can act on his impulse, his rational side kicks in. She was getting picked on a week ago. Time and a place. Right now, we need to focus.
"Sure. Cover me, lest something decides to eat my soul." With that, Kyle heads over to the book, doing his best not to touch it unless he has to.  

demimonde4
Captain

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:18 am
The words are hard to make out in the dimly lit room, but its managable:

Day 01283,

The electric company is breathing down my neck about getting them their money. Its just so expensive running the damned machines all the time...but if they don't run the money won't flow. Its sad really, I seem to have done everything in my power. Well...not quite everything. There was the proposal from the shady man in designs...I am hesitant to go to him for anything. But, I love this factory. I will do what I must.

As the page reads on, the ink seems less like pen and more like blood. The children's laughter deepens, until it is one deep, cackling, demonic laugh. A loud boom in the distance echoes through the factory. The sound is unquestionably the doors to the factory shutting hard.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:20 am
Mia screams a the sound, and Kyle hits the deck. He turns to look at the dead guy in the chair, to make sure he wasn't the source of the noise.
"Mia, Fist me, Let's go!"
"...there had to have been a-"
"Not the time!" Mia changes into her gauntlet form, and Kyle heads toward the sound.  

demimonde4
Captain

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 am
The two of them turn to leave, but then they hear the noise of crunching wood, as the desk is broken apart by a large blade smashing into it where Kyle's head was not a moment before. The oversized nutcracker is stepping off the stand, its eyes glowing as it wields a large, sharp blade.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:28 am
Kyle hears the sound, turning to face the attacker. "Knew it! Nutcracker, bad for me. Mia, see anything else?"
Just that Kyle. I'll let you know if I see anything.
"Don't stress. So far it's just a hunk of wood...we got this."

Kyle takes a defensive boxers stance, waiting for the Nutcracker to make it's move.  

demimonde4
Captain

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 am
The thing moves mechanically, lifting the large blade out of the desk, and stepping forward. With more speed than expected, It swings the large blade in a wide, low arc.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:32 am
Kyle waits patently for the attack, leaping over the blade when it gets nearer. He barely manages to dodge it, but his timing pays off. Landing steadily, he aims a solid punch for the things arm joint, attempting to literally disarm it.  

demimonde4
Captain

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

BioshockN64
Vice Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:35 am
Its swing misses, and Kyle goes in for a good hit on its arm. The punch connects, and the sound of cracking wood can be heard from its arm. However, Kyle didn't count on its left arm, which the nutcracker uses to punch him square in the chest, knocking him back before his attack can do severe damage.  
Missions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff