Welcome to Gaia! ::

AND IN THE NAME OF AWESOME I WILL PUNISH YOU!!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for Sailor Moon fans that have experienced all of the mega-series! 

Tags: Sailor Moon, Bishoujo Senshi, Sera Myu, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Naoko Takeuchi 

Reply Sailor Moon Anime & Manga
First Six Episodes of Sailor Stars

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 am
"...

So I've been re-re-re-watching the SM anime lately and I'm very happy to say I've made it to Sailor Stars, the fifth and final season. As anyone who grew up with the English Dub knows English-Speaking audiences have either had to rely on Subtitles or fandubs to see the final season. Yeah, I get it, no one wanted to license the last season because of the Sailor Starlights. Weather or not you like or admire those characters or not, they're still the glaring cause of why the last season was never dubbed so as not to upset the ever powerful Moral Guardians. However, upon seeing the fifth season once more I've realized something.

The Starlights do NOT appear until the 7th episode of the season. Why is that?

The first six episodes of Sailor Stars finish out the Queen Nehellenia Arc, which means that we basically get a continuation of SuperS while getting to see Eternal Sailor Moon in action. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy the dub as a child and it's the reason why I like Sailor Moon today. I would have LOVED to see Eternal Sailor Moon as a kid and I wish, oh how I wish, they had ended the dub on that note instead of the unsatisfying ending we did get out of it.

Since they don't include the Starlights or anything too 'scandalous', wouldn't it have been awesome if the English Dub released the first 6 episodes of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars as a movie or something so we could have seen Eternal Sailor Moon in action on Toonami!? ~ surprised

..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Wow you are right, personally as a kid I would've loved that to be a movie and seeing Eternal Sailor Moon would have been awesome.
I can't say much about this whole Toonami thing... I've never heard of it before XD

huggable ghost

Anxious Senshi

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:44 pm
User Image

"...

Pfft, Canadians ~ dramallama
Toonami was just the programming block it was on way back when it was on Cartoon Network, at the very least for us here in the US.

..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Yeah pfffft those damn Canadians don't know nothing... they just sit around drinking beer and watching hockey in their igloos all day ;P
Ahhhh makes sense, I don't even know what channel I would watch Sailor Moon on, hell I could hardly run a remote back then.

huggable ghost

Anxious Senshi

Sailor Moon Anime & Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces