Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:51 pm
User Image

Night had fallen, and the full moon hung high above the Kawani, painting what should have been a dark night in blessed, milky light. Everything was silent, quiet, and still . . . but still the stallion moved in complete and utter caution. There was no telling what would happen, no telling who he might run into at this late of an hour. While most soquili were curled up asleep, safe, and protected, the stallion knew better than to relax his guard. Other things moved at night . . . predators. . .hunters . . . and guards that would defend their territory with their life.

While Reject preferred to move at night, to keep himself secret and hidden among the shadows, he knew it was risky. Soquili who were on the move, or territories he unknowingly ventured close to, were always more on guard. All they need do was spot his glowing, yellow gaze, catch the scent of blood that stained his tail and mane, or see the leathery wings folded upon his side and that was the end of it. How often had he been driven away with snarls, growls, and threats? How often had he defend himself, even as he healed another?

The prejudice of the land was great. . . .so Reject did his best to fit in the shadows. At least they didn't judge, at least they didn't drive him away. Night time offered him peace, and let him move with more freedom than in daylight. So it was, the stallion picked his way through the meadow. He hated feeling so exposed, but a small pond in the clearing had been too tempting to pass up. Besides, everything in the meadow was still, and no figures could be detected. . . He'd be safe enough. If need be, he could take flight in the skies or retreat in to the thicket he was now stepping out of. . . .

Stepping quickly towards the still water, the stallion hurried to drink. The sooner his thirst was quenched, the sooner her could continue his search for those in need, for those that he could heal and could help.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 am
User Image

Seems that I have been held, in some dreaming state
A tourist in the waking world, never quite awake
No kiss, no gentle word could wake me from this slumber
Until I realize that it was you who held me under

It was dark, night had fallen silent amongst the large and vast lands of the Kawanii; it wasn't the first time the elder mare had wandered these lands...in fact, she'd been walking the same trails longer than some soquili had been alive. However, she did not look aged, but she looked rugged; her mane disheveled as the dual tones of white and black flew each which direction. However, it had a new hue this even; red. Blood continued to slowly trickle out from her head wound, soaking the once pale roots of her mane a crimson; entangled with some foliage from what looked like her fall.

It was though...the first time she walked the lands not being able to remember a thing. She knew basics, integrated through years of memory that she was a uni-kalona...she knew how to speak, how to forage....but it seemed her own life had been wiped from behind her lost and hollow eyes. She couldn't recall if she'd met anyone...if she had anyone close to her...hell if she had family she certainly couldn't pick out a single thought about them. What had happened to her anyways? She could remember picking herself up from the rock covered in her blood, but no one else was around and she'd been wandering for hours now trying to ask someone for help; but everyone ran from her the moment they laid sight on her.

Was she that much of a monster?

She didn't feel it, although she looked horrendous at the moment with her body scratched and dirty and her wound...but it wasn't like she had any thoughts of violence or harm to anyone she met? In fact the thought alone kind of made her sick to her stomach.

Walking out into a field after smelling a body of water to take a much needed sip of, she was quick to spy the body of another...almost blending with the shadows perfectly until bathed in the exposed moonlight. Her steps and body swayed from her tiredness, evident she was a little dizzy from the building blood loss no matter how slow from her wound. Would this stallion run like the rest, or try and strike her down? She didn't know, but she had to try either way...it wasn't a choice she had to make otherwise.

"Ex....exc-use....me..." She breathed out on shaky vocals, her tone light and innocent; nothing like how her body would have made the impression it would have dark and sinister. She stopped a few meters away, her tail having been dragging on the ground otherwise and her wings hanging semi limply against her sides. She waited for him to acknowledge her otherwise, but her body tense as if she was ready to run away if he should have chose not to desire anyone bothering him...but in her state she had no energy to defend herself otherwise.

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:39 pm
Tirokio

The stallion heard movement not far from where he had stopped to drink. Pulling his head up quickly, Reject's entire visage tensed as he prepared to make a quick escape. Thankfully, whoever it was that approached was far enough away to leave him time to assess the situation before he took off without a second thought. Not everyone out there was out to get him, after all, and he tried to remember he was in danger of judging others just as they might judge him.

So it was, the shadowy figure focused his glowing gaze on the stranger that approached. Instantly, he noticed how the stranger seemed to stumble over herself with every weakend step. Her body language alone was helpless and weak, easily granting the assumption that something was off about her. Sniffing the air, the most familiar scent of blood greeted his nose, a smell that put him on edge. Either this creature had just killed, or she was in need.

Her voice broke through the silence of the night, causing his ears to p***k. Though he wasn't entirely clear on what happened, he knew that she might very well be in need. This was why he roamed the land, to help any who crossed his path. "You're bleeding." Stream forgotten, Reject canted his head at the mare, taking a few steps closer. Yep, the blood he smelled on her was very fresh.

Perhaps what surprised him most about the female, he realized slowly, was that she was of a most peculiar half-breed. She had the horn of a unicorn, just as he did, but she also had the wings of a kalona. The wings and tail of a kalona, which meant she was a half-breed like him. Reject had never met another uni-kalona, and was both instantly curious and afraid. Was she as terrified and rejected from the world as he? Or was she a fierce and manipulative beast? A monster? Was she . . . a little of both?

The stallion wasn't sure he wanted to know. What if her life had been hell, such as his own? What if it hadn't? She was still part kalona, no matter what sprouted from her forehead, and Reject was wise enough to know when to tread lightly. She was a stranger, after all. . . . "I'm a healer. May I. . . help?" The stallion worried she might respond aggressively if he approached unannounced, but he also feared she might collapse in front of him.

Honestly, whatever had happened, she didn't look well.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 pm
Uta

As she stood vulnerable and alone before the dark stranger, it was a moment of concern when his eyes turned to examine her; its luminescent manner startling from his otherwise dark body. She knew through her own coloration that often she was a bit of a sore thumb in the land of the dark shadows...but those eyes...they definitely otherwise would be a hindrance when meaning to remain in solitude.The stallion did not run though, even if his thoughts may have been telling him otherwise and for this she was grateful.

"It....may not look comforting for an otherwise predatory based species like ourselves to be covered in blood...but it is my own." She breathed, her voice sounding a little dry from those chapped lips of hers. Her ears had taken a permanent spot against her hair both blood oozed and white, her body unable to focus enough to keep them alert as standing was proving to be a challenge all in itself.

Healer...

She could tell, if he had any abilities like she he would be able to help her...but dare she usher such bold words? He wasn't pure like she and usually half breeds as they oft used much energy for minimal healing abilities. Yet she was desperate, not sure if she could hold out to find any purebred and even so....they wouldn't help such a monstrous looking mare like she was.

Yet she was still taken back by his offer of help, and without her basic instinct stopping her otherwise her head tilted a little to the left as tears welled in her ruby eyes; her jaw tensing as her fangs punctured her already chapped lips to allow blood to touch her tongue...which in turn almost made her feel sick.

"Help....I don't know if you can. I realize you can heal, and that in this situation would be considerable help....but for someone to awake in their own blood; not being able to remember a single moment of her life till a few hours ago...I don't know. To be denied, attacked and feared by everyone i've come across to try and beg for help.....what did I do? I have no memories, and know I have no intention of harm to anyone I've crossed...but to be hated to such extreme to be sentenced to claw to life until my body fails me....I don't know if you can help then..." The mare choked out, turning her head fully to the left in regret at her sudden emotional outburst. However, the motion served too much for her equilibrium and her body topped dangerously; catching herself with her leg darting out to steady herself only for a moment before dropping her frame to the ground, wings and legs tucking into her body.

"I'm sorry..." The uni-kalona whispered, her head turning to look at her legs as the blood dripped from her head onto them; her face hidden partially by the bangs covering her expression of greif. "I didn't mean to complain to a stranger willing to help me..."

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm
Tirokio

Reject was surprised that the mare suddenly seemed to break down, both emotionally and physically. At her outburst, her admittance of having lost her memory, the stallion quickly began to assess what might have happened. The twigs in her mane, the bloody gash oozing from her head, it all spoke of her either crashing or falling in to something. She suffered a head wound, clearly, and appeared to be struck with some sort of amnesia; he couldn't say whether it would be temporary or not, but it certainly would put the uni-kalona in quite the predicament.

She was obviously distraught, confused, and had to be feeling quite unwell. Besides, she might very well have suffered a concussion of some sort, which could add to all sorts of complications. Reject didn't know who she had met, and who had passed her off as better off without help, but the stallion's brows knit in a moments frustration. Damn the world and its prejudices. . . .

He understood the fear, the rejection, the pain that the world could cause. He understand what it was like to not know what crime sentenced you to a life of torment, to have lived an innocent life and be condemned for eternity. Granted, it was very possible this stranger had done something to warrent such judgement, but even if she had, Reject cared not. He was tired of living in judgement, so he did his best to heal without bias. Criminal or not, he healed blindly . . . . though cautiously (especially those that he KNEW had a reputation inclined toward evil).

Taking a few cautious steps forward, Reject knew to tread cautiously. He didn't want to scare her, but also needed to attend her. While he was often a shy and intimidated individual, he honestly was a gentle giant. And when it came to helping those in need, all of his social-anxities and phobias were pushed to the wayside. He couldn't fear those that needed his help, and he wouldn't let them be terrified of him or his presence. "There, there . . . hush." He spoke quietly, though his words had taken on a gentle edge, non-patronizing, entirely sincere. "Let me tend to your physical wounds. We can discuss your memory after you're patched up and able to stand. Please, I . . . just want to help." As he spoke he continued to slowly bridge the distance between himself and the fallen uni-kalona.

Not only would healing her wounds help calm her, but it might help her think more clearly too. She was upset, distraught, and in pain. First things were first -- while he knew he couldn't cure amnesia, he would do whatever he could to help. It was simply his nature, after all.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:41 am
Tilting her head only slightly to allow her eye to catch his slow and cautious approach, she understood his concerns and otherwise did not hold any ill thoughts towards it; besides it was just as dangerous to she to approach him in the first place as it was for him to approach her. Both their bodies were capable of great evils, but in that same breath, great goods. To destroy and heal...it was such a strange combination that took place in their genetic makeups but it was both their blessing and burden. Although with nothing prior to fall back on, the mare thought it was a beautiful mixture.

Tucking her tail slightly under her so it would be a struggle to suddenly lash it out; she simply wanted to display she meant no harm and was grateful for his blind ambition to help. Unaware what would make it more easier for him she kept her head where it was, at least to await any instruction he may have.

Lowering her gaze once more to the ground she pondered what it would be like to be in his hooves, would she be able to do the same thing if she was given the opportunity? The mare wasn't aware if she was in or out of practice with her own healing abilities...she hadn't currently run across anyone who needed such a gift but in her head vowed to do just that if she was given the opportunity; after the kindness being shown to her right now by a fellow member of her exact hybrid species.

"Alright....I trust you." Gentle tones spoke softly in the night air, confident he'd hear it from their close proximity. "How do you do it though...?" She asked, speaking in a distant tone. "How can you be so kind, when the rest refused to? If you are like me...do others see you in the same light? Or is it because I am not as pleasing to the eyes as you are with such hair and pelt?" There was no hidden meaning behind her words, as innocent and blunt they were with their observation and compliment.

She didn't know what else to do, if she was to try and make it until she revived her memories she needed to understand. How could she have even begun to when all everyone did was run? It may have been rude to ask, but he was the first who had stuck around enough to converse with; at least gaining some insight would ease her frightened heart/

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:26 am
He watched as the mare contented herself to remain on the ground. It was probably for the best, after all, depending how much blood she lost, and depending how severe her head injury turned out to be, it was safer this way. Approaching the other, he too lowered himself down to the ground. His hair pooled around him, but he gave it no thought. Though his night vision was sharp, discerning what was blood and what was natural coat color and variation was tricky, even in the light of the moon. He would need to get close to the mare, though he made sure he moved slowly.

"I'm going to need to look more at your head wound," he spoke quietly, calmly, allowing her to know exactly what he was going to do before he moved. He didn't want her to panic, or to snap and lash out at him. He was a stranger, after all, and had fangs just as capable of killing as any kalona. So it was, the stallion got a better view of the wound; it was ugly and large, and would likely need a few 'treatments' before it would fully healed. But this initial push might at least stop the bleeding, and encourage its own natural patching.

The sun and moon trinkets that dangled loosely from his horn rattled. He listened to the mare's words, though he said nothing right away. It surprised him that she thought him 'more pleasing to the eye'. His coat color and stream of hair had little to do with anything. He was grateful for his long locks, if only because it let him hide from the world; it was almost a sense of security. It also caused problems and was easily tangled and ensnared. He was an ugly creature, it was why he hid in shadows like he did. But that was neither here nor there. . . .

"I'm going to focus on your head wound first." Dipping his head, he allowed the tip of his horn to gingerly touch her wound. Yellow eyes closing, he focused on the energy within, the magic that he had been granted due to his species. Having been well practiced in the art, Reject was more experienced in his healing style than other half breeds. But his power could never be comparable to a pure unicorn. No, he couldn't heal her fully, but he could help . . . . This initial run would focus on her head wound, to ease its blood flow, and hopefully relieve the pain.

There was a newfound warmth that would spread upon her brow. It was over all relaxing, comforting in a sense. For a few minutes, nothing was said, the stallions focus purely on encouraging the wound to lessen. But as well practiced as the stallion was, he knew not to push himself. Slowly, ever so slowly, the sensation began to fade and the stallion opened his eyes.

"It's not much to start, but give me a few moments, and I'll attend to it again." The stallion turned his gaze from Raven to the wound upon to brow, assessing just how well his healing took, and how long it might take for it fully mend. That was only her head, after all; he still needed to asses the rest of her condition, and likely lead her to a stream to drink, once she was able to walk.

"You asked earlier, how I could heal so blindly. It is who I am, it is what I choose to do. I have been shunned all of my life, and will be all of my future. But I can choose to become bitter, or I can choose to break the stereotype, the label that haunts me due to my looks." It was simply that. Reject had no name, could remember nothing but a life being torn down, mocked, ridiculed, attacked, hated. There was little gentleness in his life, but the unicorn blood must have run thick through him. He couldn't become the monster so many wished him to be, just as the cool waters could never burn.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm
"Alright..." She spoke, closing her eyes only for a moment when the evening wind breezed over the grass and tousled her hair; a moment of peace in an otherwise whirl of emotions during the past few hours. It was strange to think something so simple could give someone a sense of calm; but sure enough she found it in the dark in this stallions company. Maybe it was simply instinctual, to in theory cling to anyone who showed kindness...but she didn't mind. Not right now, since she had so little to fall back on with her memories ripped from her.

Even as the process had begun she could feel her breathing ease, her lungs no longer accelerated with the notion of fear; heart racing from the pain and loss of blood. The warmth which spread across her brows and head made her ears give a light flick at the tingling sensation, her ruby eyes looking a little tired in the way her body calmed so wholly at the experience.

It may have been bittersweet in a sense, but as nice as she felt in those fleeting moments it was gone; as she turned her head over to the stallion beside her. "Take ease, gentle soul...I wish you not to over do yourself on my behalf..." It was true, all the time he needed...heck, she still would have been grateful had he left right in this moment even. Reject may have not realized it so, but the imprint he'd left warmed her very soul.

Even as Raven listened, drew in his words in and tried to apply what he said to her own situation; she could tell he was admirable in the way he refused to bend to others prejudice. Folding her ears along her skull she looked in thought even as she spoke, her body adjusting to being on the ground just a little as she squirmed to get comfortable.

"It is admirable....what you do. It may not break the mold you have been so carelessly cast into without any investigation on whom you are rather than what..but...." Raven paused, turning her head to lean over and press her nose on his leg for but a moment before she glanced to the stars above and kept her sights there. "I guess for the time being it'll be souls like me who will benefit most from gentle souls like you. I only hope I can have the opportunity to repay your kindness." Be it for him, or even through helping someone else. Besides, until her memory returned she really had nothing else to aspire out of this haze ridden life.

"It feels better already though....the pounding has gone by any means..." True, her head had been throbbing as if being crushed under the paw of a Skin walker, so it was a relief to be able to think with some clarity and not be under such a constant reminder of the trauma to her head otherwise.

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 pm
The stallion was still, even as the mare before him settled herself fully upon the ground. His yellow eyes strayed not from her wound, though his ears also listened to the words she spoke. It pleased him that she seemed to lose the terror within her, and gave every impression of relaxation. That was a good sign. . . .

As for her response, the nose upon his leg almost caused him to pull away, but he did not. He didn't want the mare to believe he rejected her, or found her presence offensive, especially after everything she had been through! He just wasn't accustomed to touch, or others lingering nearby in any sort of willing fashion. Still, the mare was similar to him, at least in a fashion; she was a unikalona, and likely suffered as much rejection as he had through her life. Thankfully, she didn't appear to play the monster, but the stallion knew he couldn't quite let himself relax entirely. Though she was weak now, if he focused enough of his healing in to her, over time, she might very well regain her strength.

It wouldn't be the first time he'd been tricked, nor the last.

Thankfully though, her words sounded genuine enough. And, until the stranger proved otherwise, he could only hope that her words were true. Giving the smallest of grunts, the male quickly dismissed her gratitude. "There is no repayment necessary, no stain of debt upon your brow." He assured quietly, hoping that she believe him. While it was also her choice to speak such words, he didn't want her to think she owed him anything.

He was nothing, after all. . . and he expected nothing.

It was peculiar though, to find a mare like this stranger. Part of him wondered what had happened, what she had done to get in to such a mess. He hadn't checked over her wings fully, but the way they were folded against her sides hinted that they might be well enough. They didn't look broken, so he doubted she crashed while in flight; had it been battle? The wounds and bruises on her body were vague enough that he couldn't tell what was from a fall, and what might have been from an antagonist. . . Honestly, Reject could speculate for hours. Thankfully though, the mare didn't seem to be in a life-threatening situation any longer, but he wasn't going to leave her until he was certain she was in the clear.

"I know my limits. But I will be here until I am certain you can readjust on your own." It was what he did with every patient he stumbled upon. Some wounds required more care than others, while other patients needed but a few minutes of his time. He doubted this unikalona would be quite able to fend for herself this night; even if her wound't were miraculously shallow, she had already admitted to amnesia. While he could do little to help that, he was certain he would need to watch over her for at least a little while, and perhaps help her ease in to this new life of unknown memories.

"Do you remember your name, stranger?" He asked, deciding in the down time he might as well try to get her to focus on something, anything. He didn't know much of amnesia, but he knew sometimes it was permanent; sometimes it was short-term memory, sometimes it was long-term memory. Some remembered up to a certain point in their life, others seemed to become a blank slate. He was curious to know what she suffered from, or if there was anything about her life she recalled.

Closing his eyes again, the stallion once more pressed his horn ever so lightly against her brow, and focused on patching up the wound. He breathed slowly, focusing fully on tapping his power, and encouraging it to spread and aid her own natural healing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 pm
While she knew it was not necessary in the back of her mind, the frantic way she had searched for someone, anyone to aid her had been a scary experience in the haze of her mind. Basic instinct was something she felt greatful for, as it had lead her in a way to this stallion, this beast amongst the real sheep clad wolves of the world. However, she saw nothing but good now in her eyes and was in a way afraid to blink least he too vanished behind the heavy fog.

Nodding her head slowly as matted hair fell over her tired eyes, she took a moment to feel the night around her. The atmosphere in her solitude would have been frightening had she not been in present company, where now the night held a miraculous beauty as if some sky angel had painted the world in so many dark shades and colors; all to emphasize the glittering heavens and encase them in that velvet navy hue. "I feel...sad, to be a burden even though I am sure in my heart you do not see it as such." She breathed, her eyes half lidded in a serene mood while her chest slowly rose and fell to its own rhythm. "However, selfishly I am happy. Even though I do not know life before, this is the first time I've felt calm since I opened my eyes."

Selfish, quite. Yet could she not hold on to a little happiness despite its fleeting nature like a butterfly on a spring's breeze? Even if only momentarily.

"My name..." The mare pondered this for a moment, nothing was coming to mind nor nothing instinctively felt right coming from her lips. She was ready to shake her head in dismay when she remembered something from when she awoke; an ominous and lingering black bird which stalked from the low tree tops. The avian screeched in such a scratchy and low tone it had frightened her initially, but its haunting call had resonated in her soul for a moment and caused her heart to clench. It was something about that bird which had given her that first ache, that first weight on her mind and soul.

"Blackbird..." She whispered, nearly caught and drowned by the breeze which swept by; grass ticking against her side. "Something about it has a familiarity. I am not positive, but it does feel right." Folding her ears once more against her hair she breathed the name out again, and again. Blackbird remained still as his horn went to work once more, that magic seeping and bringing the warmth back into the smile which spread across her lips.

At least she had a calling, even if it may or may not have been correct.

"Do I look like that could be my name?" She asked, not sure what answer to expect from the quiet fellow.

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:06 am
Reject remained quiet while he focused on his ministrations, allowing the mare to consider his words, to focus on something other than her current state. It couldn't be easy, he knew, to suddenly find one without knowledge of yesterday, or any of the time prior. To not know ones name, ones history, ones . . . anything. Unfortunately though, the glowing, eyed stallion honestly had no easy fix or cure for the unikalona female. He could tend to her physical wounds, but he had no real way to bring back her memories.

This also put him in a precarious situation. As a rule, he stayed with those he healed until they were in no need of his magic. If they were particularly aggressive, he might need to take a retreat before they were completely fixed, but for the most part he preferred to linger until they were well on the road to recovery. But with this stranger, he could fix her physical wounds, and at most, give her another day or two, max. . . make sure she was well-fed, find a source of water. But what about her memory? He couldn't heal such loss. . . though he had heard of this condition before. In some cases it returned with time, in others, it was a permanent loss. Would he leave her alone knowing nothing but a name?

Could he do such a thing?

. . . .no. No, he honestly could not. Well, he'd have to see how the female fared, take it a day at a time. This made him a bit uncomfortable, but it was the right thing to do. Until she was well and able on her hooves again, until her memory returned, or at least until she decided she felt safe to be alone, he vowed to stick around. He had to. No healer would abandon their ward to the elements, to let them struggle all alone. "I assure you, you are no burden. It is my duty to serve those whom I can, and I do so ready and willingly." And happily. He was a serious sort, but he did truly love his job as a healer. To tend to those who could use his strength, knowledge, and magic was a blessing to the stallion. Granted, he was also coated in fear, anxiety, and uncertainty thanks to his rough upbringing, and his species, but that was a minor detail. The good of him shone through in these moments of need, and he was always able to overcome his personal fears to do what needed be done.

Pausing in his ministrations, the stallion turned to regard the black, white, and crimson mare. Blackbird. Reject wasn't perhaps the best option when it came to the matter of names; he had forgotten his own long ago, and could only remember what it was his proud, kalona-father had often sneered and referred to him as. "If it feels right, than I would say it's as good a name as any. At the very least, it might eventually allow you to recall your locked memories, or at least give you a place to start anew." He couldn't promise the mare that she'd ever get her memories back, but he also wasn't one to sugar-coat his words.

"Besides, it does fit, physically speaking." He added quietly, shyly. He was relieved to see that she was beginning to relax some. She wore a smile on her features, which was as good a start as any. The less panicked she might be, the better for them both.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:20 am
The thoughts of her time thus far began to diminish, each frightening encounter slipping from her conscious to leave only the pleasant feeling of current in their wake. Her mind could not fathom why he was the way he was, she may not have realized the stipulations she was treading into but the way she looked up to the stallion was nothing short of sainthood in her eyes.

Yet where did that leave her?

It left her feeling like a ghost, in a sense, something without purpose and a lasting impression otherwise. Like she had just appeared one day and been aimless every since, until now. Blackbird wasn't exactly sure if she could call being helped by someone a reason to exist, but she hadn't exactly been 'alive' if once could call it treading through the find line between life and death. Selfish it would be, but at this point she wasn't sure she could help it. She was afraid of the day that would come when he would leave, and she would drift away once more.

Perhaps it wasn't best to dwell on it, as she took note it left a very sad look on her face which may upset the kind fellow before her.

Yet as he began to assure her she was no burden, and that he was willing to be around her; the mare could feel her chest ache once more. Blackbird didn't want this moment to change, and perhaps it was out of her boundaries to do so but mare began to move, adjusting and sliding over as the chilled air nipped at her flesh. It was a few moments till she stopped, now situated against his side and instantly she could feel the heat radiating off his body and her own heart accelerating in every beat. Thankfully for the darkness hanging around them and the darkness of her pelt but her crimson hued cheeks remained hidden from view, as slowly...every so slowly she laid her head down against the crook of his leg and his chest.

"Anew..." She whispered against him, her eyes half lidded as that soft reserved smile remained on her lips. "That word also feels right..." As her wings tucked against her side to keep in the warmth. Looking skyward to him with her eyes, she searched his face for answers, before speaking out.

"What's....your name?"

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm
The stallion said nothing as the mare suddenly shifted so she was closer to his side. The night was cool, and though not terribly chilly, given the great stress the mares body (and mind) had been under, he could not doubt that she might be more sensitive to a chill in the air. Furthermore, her wounds would still be exposed, and while he was working on patching them as best he could, healing of a unicorn wouldn't be enough. . . . it would take time for Blackbird to fully recuperate. That wasn't considering the problems with her amnesia, either. . . .

Though his muscles had tensed, the stallion avoided his usual reaction of shying away. He was unaccustomed to others moving purposefully closer to him, but she was ill, and those who needed comfort or assurances from him. . .well. . .he could give it. It was his duty, after all. Still, he worried about his kalona half stirring, the monster within him that he tried so hard to suppress. Thankfully though, this mare seemed gentle, like him, despite the wings, the tail, the cloven hooves. Perhaps it was her appearance that had caused the wounds upon her body now. . . So it was, slowly, the stallion lifted the wing closest to Blackbird, and ever so gently wrapped it lightly upon her. It wasn't much protection, but it might help keep in the warmth.

"My name?" He questioned, almost dreading the fat that he would have to speak such a thing. His yellow eyes dimmed a moment in thought, considering whether or not he should simply make something up. Still, he never could quite manage to fib, and as with all who asked, he would be upfront and honest. "I do not know my real name, it has long been forgotten. I walk through this life now known as Reject." His words were simply that, words, not meant to evoke any real reaction from the stranger. It wasn't perhaps the most positive of names, but it was what he was most comfortable being called. After so many years, he doubted any other name would suffice.

"Rest now, Blackbird." He encouraged, leaning down to rest the tip of his horn gently against her closest wound. The healer in him knew she would need rest, relaxation. . . The worries she harbored this night could be thought up on later, in the morning. He did not look forward to being awake in the morning light, but he would do so, for his new wards benefit. A loss of sleep was little sacrifice to make sure she would be well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm
Even the slightest bits of warmth she was getting from being at such a close proximity was causing her struggling body to drift amongst the sounds and darkness of the night. The warmth his healing caused over her soul was making it difficult to keep her eyes open...or perhaps a more truthful aspect would be her blood loss from wandering for so long till this moment.

She hated it, hated the feelings she'd had welled for so long...she also felt a sickening churn that others could have treated him the way she too had been treated from her waking up till this moment in time. It wasn't saying much, but she'd never imagined someone could be as kind as him and still be shunned for nothing more than looks. Wrinkling her nose for a moment as she fought off bitter tears for the stallion; she knew what he had gone through did not make him less of a stallion - infact, it made him so much more.

In her eyes, she could have been beholding the Angeni of Kindness as far as she was concerned.

It did surprise her for a moment when his wing slowly draped over her side, and her eyes did lower for a moment in her own notion of shyness. However Blackbird was grateful, the chill leaving her body and instead all she could feel was warmth. As he spoke of how he too didn't seem to have a 'proper' name, the mare felt her heart break a little...how was it that she had found someone...so akin? Reject...while she soared at the idea she had a name for her savior...it left a sour taste on her tongue.

How could she call him that, when she accepted him whole-heartedly?

As he began to work again, the mare's thoughts began to blur like her vision; and before she knew it she had nosed her face against him and her tail had curled around his body as if clinging to him like a lost pup. Soon, Blackbird fell into slumber - lost to the night.

----------------Morning ------------------------

Time had passed rather quickly for the mare, and within her slumber she could feel her body get rather hot....too hot almost as the sun in its ascent to the top of the skies began to warm the world around her. Groaning softly, the mare roused her shoulders and went to stretch her neck when she could feel her face press against something hard but warm.

Opening her eyes she was met with black, and it took only a second of confusion before the events of the prior night came flooding back.

More-so the blatant fact that she was snuggled and curled up tightly against her dark savior. Scrambling to put even a few inches between them as she ducked her head carefully out from his chest and her tail flicking back behind her she felt her cheeks burn and her eyes dart to the ground in her embarrassment.

"I...I'm so sorry..." She urged, stealing a glance to Reject. "That...must have been uncomfortable for you. You should have woken me...it is so late in the morning." She looked up, fearing the day was already nearing the half way mark. "Did you sleep at all..?"

So much for returning the favor for the kind stallion...it seemed she was just piling up on things to be repaid...even though he stressed otherwise.

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm
Tirokio

It, perhaps, hadn't been the most comfortable night for the stallion. He was so unaccustomed to the warmth of another next to him, and with the mare soon drifting off in to dreams, and snuggling close to him, the stallion found himself in quite the predicament: did he turn away from her like a small part of him demanded, or did he let her be? He couldn't have spurned her, even if he had tried, because the poor, broken mare needed the warmth, and perhaps the comfort. If she chose to use him for such a thing, even if it was involuntary, then he would play the part and offer her what little he could.

She knew not what she clung to, the monster, the beast that he could be. She knew not that vile creature that was offering her warmth and healing, and so, she could be forgiven. This Blackbird was innocent.

So it was, despite his exhaustion, despite the demand to shrink away from the harsh light of day, the dark stallion kept himself still. Though his body ached to rise, to stand, to stretch, he allowed himself no such movement. He would wait until she rose, until he could move without disrupting the mare. There was much morning would bring: an assessment of her injuries, an assessment of how his healing might have took, an ability to tell if her memories had yet returned, and of course, a new day in which to see how she fared. Though he was ever shy, ever coy, the yellow eyed stallion had no intention of actually abandoning her until she seemed settled in her role. He hoped her memories might return, so she might not need to live in such an empty world. . . . But. . . if they did not, he would make sure she was comfortable being alone before he retired back to his duties. As a healer, he needed to heal both body and soul, and Blackbird was no exception.

When the mare stirred, and seemed to start at the realization she was curled tightly around him, the stallion dipped his head and almost hid within his own mane. He was unsure if she jerked away out of embarrassment or disgust in him, and he wasn't quite sure he wanted to find out. Though he would never admit it, a small part of the stallion kind of liked the close proximity of someone near, someone who . . . didn't seem put off by his species, by his appearance. Deep down, a small part of Reject craved acceptance, but also believed he would never find such a thing. "No apologies needed," he grunted quietly, removing his wing and ever so carefully putting space between them. "You needed the rest, and I was able to tend to your wounds intermittently, as well as make sure you fared comfortably." She had lost a lot of blood, and he had worried she might crash and die from cold, exposure, infection, or simply trauma. . . . but she had not, had pulled through all right.

Slowly, tiredly, the stallion pushed himself to his cloven hooves, ever so carefuly to keep from stepping on his wounded companion. "Can you rise? Don't push yourself, if you feel you cannot." He encouraged quietly. In daylight, much as he hated the wretched light, he could better see the extent of her damage and figure out how next to doctor her.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff