Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:32 am
User ImageIt was the late morning of a relatively warm day and Imarogbe was out and about as he usually was at this time of the day. He was always lazy enough to want to stay in, but he was also restless enough to leave the den regardless. He had spent the earliest part of the day lounging next to his beybanu in the morning light. Ima smiled and briefly spoke to those that he passed. With no set destination in mind, Ima casually walked about the lands since K'visha wouldn't be done hunting until later. He'd discovered that empty dens were a lot more lonely now then they used to be. Frankly, he was bored and was looking for someone to bother for a little while.

As he thought of her, he couldn't help but think about the subject that they had currently been approaching with a fond smile. His aimless walking led him near the lake where he saw a small crowd of residents with scattered cubs running about. Thinking that maybe he could find someone to hang out with there, he headed in the direction of the lake. Ima tried to see everyone without looking like he was obviously staring, trying to see if there was anyone that he know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:06 am
User Image

The brown, striped female was enjoying herself by the lake. She was getting larger, and though still a bit clumsy on her paws, could only imagine herself as the most graceful and beautiful of all banu. She was just old enough now to begin to wander around the heart of the pride alone, and it was an independence she cherished.

Unlike Imarogbe, this little banu didn't mind being alone. Though it was hot outside, and she frequently had to stop and take drinks of water at the lake, little Akhzar was truly enjoying herself. She was practicing her walking, trying to move with the grace some of the other banu appeared to have. It . . .wasn't really working out very well, especially with her big paws.

She wished her sister was around. Maybe her twin would be able to give her advice on what she was doing wrong. It was then that the little cub saw the approach of an old lion -- a male, with terribly lovely golden mane. If she couldn't practice walking, she could of course practice her manners.

Trotting closer to him, she sat down and waited to see if he'd acknowledge her. She wasn't supposed to speak without being spoken to. . .. or so she heard. Was she supposed to speak to him first in greeting though? Because ignoring him also seemed rude. Uh-oh. . . now when it mattered, she just plum couldn't remember! Maybe trotting up to him hadn't been the best idea. . . .

Uta

Shy Mage

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 pm
As he drew close, he greeted several of the banu that were there and a cousin that he saw. The sunlight was reflecting off of the surface of the water in a way that made it glimmer. Ima was walking toward the edge of the lake for the water when he noticed a very small and very cute banu approaching him with pretty pink eyes. When he saw her, he grinned and thought that she looked familiar. Not because he had seen her before, but because she resembled others that he was familiar with. Looking down at the cub he said smiling, "Hello there little one. What are you doing out on your own?"

Looking at her reminded him of his beybanu and her request of him. They had decided that they were ready to start a family. Even though the thought of having cubs made him a little nervous, it was still a thought that lit a fire in his heart next to the one that burned for her. Gazing at the cub before him, he imagined others like her, ones that might look like him in the future. Upon reaching adulthood and returning to the pride, Ima had been thrust into his new duties and hadn't really spent much time around the young ones. Having grown up apart from them, he had developed a new sense of self and found that he could no longer relate to them. Ima remembered being very small and he and his brothers growing big enough to venture out on their own. It had been thrilling, running about the lands without any of the concerns that weighed on his mind now.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:21 am
Boudaihobbit
Argh! I am sooo sorry for the delay. I didn't get this one bookmarked so I totally lost it making rounds.

Well, the stranger hadn't gotten angry and hadn't chuffed at her or swatted at her or told her what it was she had done wrong! That was a good start. Realizing that she likely hadn't made a serious faux pas, the little cub breathed a sigh of relief and the muscles in her back relaxed. Her smile grew broad and she practically beamed up at the stranger in front of her. Her pink eyes glittered brightly at his question, and she did her best to sit pretty in front of him. Or at least respectfully. She shouldn't get up and jump around, and while she did wish her sister was here, she was going to be brave.

Very brave.

This was her being brave.

Sort of.

"I -- " She stopped, considered her words, before blowing out a sigh. "Am practicing being a good banu. It's . . . it's hard to remember all the rules though." She admitted, her ears flattening a bit. But then it occurred to her that maybe she shouldn't admit her troubles to a Pad of the pride, because what if he told her mother, or what if he told every other Pesar and Pad out there that she couldn't remember all the rules, and then nobody would want her, and what if they looked at her like a Kajira!?!?! Her eyes grew wide as the scenario played out in front of her, and she quickly added, "I mean. I like the rules. I just confuse them sometimes. I don't mean to, but . . . I really am practicing!"

She looked up at the other, hoping she wouldn't get in to more trouble now that she admitted her weakness. Pad's were strong, banu were . . . well, not weak but they were different. And she wanted to do her family and pride proud, and to be a good and smart banu. But sometimes she talked too much, and sometimes she didn't know when to not talk or explain. Kind of like now.

Uta

Shy Mage

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces