Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Z. Budapest Hexes "We All Come From The Goddess"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:12 pm
The woman who threw fits when trans ladies dared try to join her women-only circle at PantheaCon has dipped into the well of unnecessary drama again: she's stuck a hex on her "We All Come From The Goddess" ditty intended to strike anyone who does anything so horrible as *gasp* putting men into it.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/2012/04/we-all-come-from-the-horned-god-possibly-but-dont-sing-it/  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm
If she hadn't already, she's pretty much lost all respect that anyone ever might of had for her (what wasn't already lost due to the whole transgender issues from the last 2 years). It's one thing to want to prohibit someone from selling it, that I might be ok with, but at this point it's something that has been used freely (without any restrictions on it) in the community for 30+ years. Now... suddenly she has an issue with it?

Do Dianics believe in the TFL or the Rede (or some form there of)?

Ok... rather funny (and not that Wiki is always the best source, but... ):

Dianic Wiccans as "positive path" practitioners do neither manipulative spellwork nor hexing because it goes against the Wiccan Rede; other Dianic witches (notably Zsuzsanna Budapest) do not consider hexing or binding of those who attack women to be wrong.

So does that mean that she believes that changing the words of the song are an attack on women? rolleyes  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 am
She posted a retraction later, saying that the hex part was supposed to be in jest...but it feels to me like she expected people to flock to support her views instead of siding against her.

I think it's a little ridiculous. I can see being upset if people are trying to sell something she made, but if I, in my own home, wish to sing other lyrics....trying to say that I am a bad person for that is a bit crazy in my opinion.

I wonder...are we still supposed to be hexed if we accidentally say the wrong word in her chant???  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:35 am
kyndryana3
She posted a retraction later, saying that the hex part was supposed to be in jest...but it feels to me like she expected people to flock to support her views instead of siding against her.

I've read what she wrote originally, and there's no way she was posting this in "jest." And here I thought it was only 13-to-16 year olds who went around saying nasty things and tried to absolve themselves of responsibility by saying they were "just kidding" afterward. rolleyes

Quote:
I think it's a little ridiculous. I can see being upset if people are trying to sell something she made, but if I, in my own home, wish to sing other lyrics....trying to say that I am a bad person for that is a bit crazy in my opinion.

Her misandry knows no bounds.

Quote:
I wonder...are we still supposed to be hexed if we accidentally say the wrong word in her chant???

What's more, how many people have no idea that she wrote it and is all butthurt over people who don't use it "right?"  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:50 pm
I wrote a 25 page paper for my final project for a class in college about Z Budapest, her misandry, and how her intensely binary view of gender actually oppresses the female-bodied women she seeks to liberate. She still keeps a blog and spews her hate there.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games