Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: The Last Airbender- All Nations Welcome

Back to Guilds

Welcome to the Avatar: The Last Airbender Guild; Here to talk and have fun all based on Avatar the last Airbender. 

Tags: ATLA, Avatar, Airbender, Bending, Cartoon 

Reply Avatar: The Legend Of Korra
Who is Lin's father? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

0-Azula-0
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:31 pm
I want to know who poked my poor little Toph! D: In my personal opinion, I think it's Sokka. She looks so much like a water tribe member with the notch in her hair and her skin tone... it is almost unreal.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 am
Or maybe Lin was adopted. o.O  

0-Azula-0
Vice Captain

Kasumi Miyagi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 pm
could be The Duke from the freedom fighters? Sokka is Korra's grandfather. I don't think he would cheat on Suki.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 am
Kasumi Miyagi Wrote:
could be The Duke from the freedom fighters? Sokka is Korra's grandfather. I don't think he would cheat on Suki.

Is Sokka Korra's grand father? its only a theory, right?  

Toph Mellow

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200

0-Azula-0
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 am
Toph Mellow Wrote:
Kasumi Miyagi Wrote:

Is Sokka Korra's grand father? its only a theory, right?

Sokka is Korra's grandfather? Um.... no. Not even. O.O I'm not even sure how that even works out.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am
i think toph was too badass to marry anyone. i think she mated with a rock and produced this awesome being known as Lin.  

Queen Elegance

Toph Mellow

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:03 am
Toph Mellow Wrote:

win smilies/icon_biggrin.gif  

Tahpsfan

Loyal Wolf

8,150 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Tycoon 200

TJ Moon
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 am
I've been wondering the same question ...

Did anyone notice that Lin kept the Beifong name? Technically Toph would've lost that name when she married Lin's daddy. Therefore, Lin should have Toph's husband's surname. Weird.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:15 am
TJ Moon Wrote:

Did anyone notice that Lin kept the Beifong name? Technically Toph would've lost that name when she married Lin's daddy. Therefore, Lin should have Toph's husband's surname. Weird.

Maybe it's a business thing. Lin would've inherited the Beifong wealth.  

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

feralz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 pm
I believe that Lin is definitely Toph's daughter due to the strong dissemblance to Toph's mother but Sokka cant be her father because of Tenzin's and Lin's past romantic relationship  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:23 pm
TJ Moon Wrote:

Not necessarily. Not all societies have a patrilineal naming system; many have the children take the mother's last name. (I think China was like this for a long time) Even if the Avatar universe does use a patrilineal naming system, there are other possibilities. Consider that Toph was one of the few characters that actually had a last name. If she married a guy with no surname, Lin would've taken the Beifong name. It could also be a status thing. In some societies that would normally have the children take the father's last name, they may go the other way around if the mother was of higher social status than the father. He marries into HER family, not the other way around, if her family is wealthier.

Anyway, I doubt that Sokka is Lin's father because that would make her and Tenzin cousins.  

marshmallowcreampie

Sparkly Pirate

19,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200

marshmallowcreampie

Sparkly Pirate

19,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 pm
feralz Wrote:
I believe that Lin is definitely Toph's daughter due to the strong dissemblance to Toph's mother but Sokka cant be her father because of Tenzin's and Lin's past romantic relationship

Heh, I thought it was just me who noticed that Lin strongly resembled Toph's mother!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 am
Toph Mellow Wrote:

EPIC!!!
But...
Personally I don't see Toph as someone who would get married or follow societal or conventional rules. I don't think she would have done the whole co-parenting thing either. Obviously she raised Lin but I don't think the father was involved at all. The fact that they didn't reveal him is proof enough. Either that or it's going to be revealed in the plot line. Which would be awesome.  

XxibitexX

0-Azula-0
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 am
Or maybe Lin never had a father.  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items