Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Etrua Region

Back to Guilds

This is a Pokémon RP guild with heavy influences from the game. 

Tags: Pokemon, Role Playing, Etrua, Region, Writing 

Reply Welcome to the Etrua Region
Sorry! We're still debugging! Please report bugs here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:01 pm
Kenocka

No worries, I got the Soothe Bell already, and I know about the TM. I just got TM Flash Cannon.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:03 pm
Kenocka
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Element wise, everything except normal type. For power it ranges from 30 to 70. Although the power won't actually matter as much since we don't have a battle system which takes damage points or anything.

I can't explain more than that, seeing as I dont focus on IVs at all.

For some reason I remember that each Pokemon gets a certain type of hidden power thingy and it's set as that. Then Gabe said something about it being effected by different environments. It confuses me. AKAI WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU DAMMIT!

So we'd need to assign numbers to sixteen types (Normal not included). People would roll to figure out what their Hidden Power thingy would be and then to determine if it hits roll dice and if it lands anywhere from 30-70 it hits and anything else misses.

Ken, that's SECRET Power. And it sounds good except for the 30-70 part. That's it's base power, not accuracy. Here's what Bulbapedia says:

Hidden Power

Battles
Type  Normal
Category  Special
PP  15 (max. 24)
Power  Varies between 30 to 70
Accuracy  100%
Does not make contact  

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:44 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Ken, that's SECRET Power. And it sounds good except for the 30-70 part. That's it's base power, not accuracy. Here's what Bulbapedia says:

Hidden Power

Battles
Type  Normal
Category  Special
PP  15 (max. 24)
Power  Varies between 30 to 70
Accuracy  100%
Does not make contact

Oh God I've no idea what to do about this. @.@ I can write out attacks but the attacks that require these things are beyond me. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait until someone with more working knowledge is online to answer this question.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:06 pm
Kenocka
Oh God I've no idea what to do about this. @.@ I can write out attacks but the attacks that require these things are beyond me. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait until someone with more working knowledge is online to answer this question.
Secret power is easy
That just changes depending on where you're battleing.

Hidden power would be a little harder.
It can be any type except for normal, but it's the same every time the same pokemon uses it.
For instance:
Pikachu 1 uses Hidden Power and it ends up being an electric type move. That's all fine but it won't get the STAB for it, and Thunderbolt is generally better.
Pikachu 2 uses it and it's a water type move. That would be a good move for the Pikachu as it will cover some of its weaknesses.

I say that when a pokemon learns Hidden Power they have to create a random number 1-16 and that number is what type of attack it is. They then add the type at the end of the attack so that the trainer knows what type of attack it is, but until it attacks the opponent anyone else has no idea on what it is.
If that's fine with everyone else.
I already said that Braitto's gym's Galvantula has a water based Hidden Power... Hasn't been used though...  

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:06 pm
VincentValintine LimitBrk
Kenocka

The move I was talking about was Nature Power, not Hidden Power or Secret Power. Also, Secret Power has a 30% chance of inflicting a status ailment or debuff depending on the location. Nature Power doesn't have a chance to inflict status or debuff and can miss depending on location, but it does have more moves available.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:00 am
gabriel sama
Kenocka

The move I was talking about was Nature Power, not Hidden Power or Secret Power. Also, Secret Power has a 30% chance of inflicting a status ailment or debuff depending on the location. Nature Power doesn't have a chance to inflict status or debuff and can miss depending on location, but it does have more moves available.
Nature power and Secret power are close enough to the same thing.
I think we could put up something for each route if it comes down to it, but it should be obvious which move/effect should happen based on where the trainer is.  

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:11 pm
Kenocka
Secret power is easy
That just changes depending on where you're battleing.

Hidden power would be a little harder.
It can be any type except for normal, but it's the same every time the same pokemon uses it.
For instance:
Pikachu 1 uses Hidden Power and it ends up being an electric type move. That's all fine but it won't get the STAB for it, and Thunderbolt is generally better.
Pikachu 2 uses it and it's a water type move. That would be a good move for the Pikachu as it will cover some of its weaknesses.

I say that when a pokemon learns Hidden Power they have to create a random number 1-16 and that number is what type of attack it is. They then add the type at the end of the attack so that the trainer knows what type of attack it is, but until it attacks the opponent anyone else has no idea on what it is.
If that's fine with everyone else.
I already said that Braitto's gym's Galvantula has a water based Hidden Power... Hasn't been used though...

Yep, exactly. So what, just roll the list on Bulbapedia to see what each of my Pokemon's Hidden Power is? Since I might teach it to them all if the Hidden Power helps with type coverage.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:19 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Yep, exactly. So what, just roll the list on Bulbapedia to see what each of my Pokemon's Hidden Power is? Since I might teach it to them all if the Hidden Power helps with type coverage.
If you do roll for it keep a note on what type each pokemon has.
I would put it in the Profile in 1sized font if you're not using it as a move.  

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:22 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
If you do roll for it keep a note on what type each pokemon has.
I would put it in the Profile in 1sized font if you're not using it as a move.

Alright, I'll just copy and paste the list directly from Bulbapedia. Thanks.  
Welcome to the Etrua Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff