Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Etrua Region

Back to Guilds

This is a Pokémon RP guild with heavy influences from the game. 

Tags: Pokemon, Role Playing, Etrua, Region, Writing 

Reply Welcome to the Etrua Region
Sorry! We're still debugging! Please report bugs here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Xavior Hellzwing
Can I trade my Potions for Pokeballs?

And could I trade Pokeballs and such for Ultra Balls once I can actually get those?

Sorry but you'll have to trade items in the ruins for items in the shops. (Which I need to set up more of everywhere.) >.<

Quote:
Are there official rules on trading ITEMS between characters?

What about trading items and pokemon between characters that I both own?

Such as if I was lucky enough to catch something I seriously wanted for Nolan, yet I caught it with Gage? Am I barred from making a fair trade between those two, or otherwise swapping items between them?

Items between characters is going to be up to each character. As far as between characters that you own that's tricky stuff there. I wouldn't say no to that unless it was an item that is a key item (like the Odd Keystone). However we might need more crew members to weigh in on this since I'm unsure myself. I say it's okay but I do also see the potential for abuse.

Quote:
For that matter, are my three posts to limit my post stacking and leveling grinding, is that three PER character, or three split between all of them? I would suggest that my characters are required to stay in different threads. (Barring Crew and their duties, allowing them free reign with anywhere they need to be.)

Go look that up in the guides. It should be there. If it's not then I'll look it over again myself and give you an answer on the state of the matter.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 pm
Kenocka

Roger roger.

And I found the answer about the Potions to Pokeballs too, but I left my question because I wasn't too sure.

Thanks for the clarification though. I'll make sure to use some Potions now. And I'll make sure not to abuse the fact that I have two regular trainers. I just have a list of what I want each to have by the end, and it would kill me to find and capture one that I really wanted for the other.

As for items, I'll make sure that each transaction is a trade, and not a straight up gift so things stay even. (Not that Gage can even go to the Ruins yet, but I was wondering.)

... I believe I know all the rules, but I can't for the life of me find where the three post rule is.

And I think Odds and Ends should be renamed to something clearer, like ... .... uh, Rules on Pokemon and Leveling. It doesn't make sense to me for it to be under the first Mock Battle. Perhaps move that post to the Welcome thread? I keep loosing where it is, and it's getting hard for me to remember where I read something a month or so ago.  

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:47 pm
Question for clarification!

I want to make sure because this is how the rules make it sound, but I think I understand.

If my TC Grunt Gage Barrows wants to take the Gym Challenge, he would need to deposit all his pokemon over level 20, pick a starter, and then go at it from there with pokemon he can only control with zero badges?

Then if he was going back for work for the Team, does that mean he can pick his 20+ level pokemon up again to help with his mission? He just can't use them for the gym until he gets his first badge?

Same thing with my Gym Leader Joe Havoc. If I wanted to take the Gym Challenge with him, he would need to deposit all of his 20+ pokemon, pick a starter, and go from there?  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:02 pm
And as for hold items, can all of us who have been catching pokemon over all this time roll once for our already captured pokemon?

Or no leeway, and it has to be freshly captured?

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:08 pm
Xavior Hellzwing
Question for clarification!

I want to make sure because this is how the rules make it sound, but I think I understand.

If my TC Grunt Gage Barrows wants to take the Gym Challenge, he would need to deposit all his pokemon over level 20, pick a starter, and then go at it from there with pokemon he can only control with zero badges?

Then if he was going back for work for the Team, does that mean he can pick his 20+ level pokemon up again to help with his mission? He just can't use them for the gym until he gets his first badge?

You would need to deposit ALL Pokemon, even if they were under level twenty, and get a starter. It's just fair for everyone that way. I really don't know why he'd be taking on the gyms. He's a member of Team Celestia so he really doesn't need the gym badges.

Quote:
Same thing with my Gym Leader Joe Havoc. If I wanted to take the Gym Challenge with him, he would need to deposit all of his 20+ pokemon, pick a starter, and go from there?

Same as above except substitute TC where applicable.

Quote:
And as for hold items, can all of us who have been catching pokemon over all this time roll once for our already captured pokemon?

Or no leeway, and it has to be freshly captured?

Sorry no leeway on this.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:14 pm
Kenocka

Just keeping my options open, and for TMs that are otherwise unobtainable!

By the way, any news yet on who's the next gym leader for the Fort? I'd volunteer but I think I've already filled up enough slots.

But why no leeway on the hold items? It's a lot of pokemon and a lot of people that don't get a chance to try for hold items. And how far back can I roll for items anyway, or is it only for my last, last capture?

And as for hold items, what about pokemon that only hold things like Bitter Berries from Red/Blue/Yellow? Is it entirely the same as a Persim Berry?  

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:20 pm
You know how some Pokemon are known for holding items? Like Farfetchd? How would a PC Pokemon of one of those find said item?  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Lol, you mean Cubone with a Thick Club, don't you?  

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:29 pm
Xavior Hellzwing
Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Lol, you mean Cubone with a Thick Club, don't you?

.......no. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:36 pm
Are we still allowed to roll for Event Moves?

This is all I could find on the matter, and I remember the rule was before that we could roll one die to try for an event move. I'm wondering if that's changed.

Quote:
 Uncommon Abilities and Moves – To get a Dream World Ability you will have to RNG or roll a 100 sided dice and get 95–100. You get one chance only. Dream World moves are not allowed in Etrua.

What if the pokemon is from more than one Event, or just a ton like Pikachu? Can I roll once for each event move, or is it one roll and then I only get to pick one move IF I get the 95 or higher?

Now what would I do if I want to try for my Pikachu to have a Light Ball? It's 100% if it's from Yellow. Would I roll the 50-50 chance die, and if I get a yes, does that mean I get Light Ball? Or since it's a 5% chance in other games, does that make it a rare item now?

Does Compoundeyes help find items more easily like it does in the game? Can I change my roll in anyway if I have a pokemon with the ability? Does Frisk work? Does Thief work for stealing items without catching the pokemon?  

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:45 pm
:relentless:

For that matter,

Quote:
▲ Held Items – All wild Pokémon, player controlled and otherwise, have the possibility of holding a specific item when caught. Wild Pokémon controlled by players will have to RNG 1-100 (1-50 gets you nothing, 51-95 gets the item, 96-100 gets the rarer item if the Pokémon in question has more than one Held Item option) to determine if they get the item. The choice of items will not be any different from what they would normally hold in the games.

This doesn't really talk about what the chances are for a pokemon that ISN'T player controlled. Is it still a 1-100 RNG for NPC wild pokemon, or if it's 100%, does that NPC wild pokemon always have that item?

And what about pokemon like Nidoran♂ who comes 100% with TM Detect from Red/Blue/Yellow?  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:17 pm
Since we haven't decided on starters for Celestia, can I just start out with a Rattata copy? You know Sentret, Bidoof, and so on.  

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:06 pm
When we buy a TM is it for keeps like Gen 5? Or is it for a single use?  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:07 pm
Xavior Hellzwing
Hold items
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Hold items

If I'm remembering this correctly we're trying to decide if there should be a space for those like the ruins or if we're going to have them tossed into an area, or a shop, or something.

Quote:
Does Compoundeyes help find items more easily like it does in the game? Can I change my roll in anyway if I have a pokemon with the ability?
With how the items are set up it should only work on wild pokemon that can have an item. And unless one of the other mods says otherwise I would say that it gets a +5% chance cause I don't know the actual increase that it gives for that.

Quote:
Does Frisk work?
I would say it works like so for wild battles:
Find wild pokemon
Roll for item on wild pokemon.
If item is found Frisk finds the item

For trainer battles if the opponent has an item the pokemon with Frisk will know about it.

Quote:
Does Thief work for stealing items without catching the pokemon?
Yes.

Quote:
Is it still a 1-100 RNG for NPC wild pokemon, or if it's 100%, does that NPC wild pokemon always have that item?
I would say yes.

Quote:
And what about pokemon like Nidoran♂ who comes 100% with TM Detect from Red/Blue/Yellow?
I think we're using B/W item lists... But I'm not completely sure. Is that still the same TM in B/W? Besides what would a wild pokemon have a TM for anyway?

Quote:
Since we haven't decided on starters for Celestia, can I just start out with a Rattata copy? You know Sentret, Bidoof, and so on.
I would say that you should pick a pokemon that's on all of the lists. Or at least on most of them.

Quote:
When we buy a TM is it for keeps like Gen 5?
Yes.

Now please note that if Ken says something that contradicts what I've said, go with what Ken says.  

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:25 pm
VincentValintine LimitBrk

Oh, that clears up a whole lot, thank you.

So the general rule of thumb is that we're going by Gen V rules, which ... makes it all very manageable.

And the male Nindoran has the TM if you trade it from Red/Blue/Yellow to a later version. Don't ask me why. So pretty much that means since it's Gen V, it wouldn't have the TM at all.

This is what Bulbapedia says about Compoundeyes.

Quote:
In Black and White, if the Pokémon with the Ability leads the party, even if it has fainted, the chance of finding a Pokémon in the wild holding an item increases from 50%/5%/1% to 60%/20%/5%. This makes rare items easier to find.

Welcome to the Etrua Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff