Trying to type properly Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil Goth Bunny

Kawaii Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 pm
I am here to disccuss typing, mainly that sort of typing that uses two hands. I think it's called touch typing or something. Anyway, yesterday someone recommended that I start typing with both hands because it just looks more proffesional. I am attempting to, and it turns out this is a little more difficult than I thought. So, does anyone have any tips on how to type properly?

How do the rest of you type? is it jabbing at the keys using just one finger, or are you able to use both hands to type without even having to look at the keyboard or correct your spelling? Did the way you type change when you started work?

That took me ages to write. I think I'm going to need a little more practice.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 pm
You don't type with two hands? WHOA.

I type with both hands. It's not the "correct way" per se, but it gets the job done.  

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm a grammar nazi that types randomly with both hands or with just one hand. Depends on my mood and how fast I want to finish my post.

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:31 pm
I type with two fingers, rapidly. And I manage to type eloquently, if I do say so myself.

I get the occasional error or two. But that's what spellcheck's for biggrin  

Beast Henshin

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50

Day7

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:00 pm
While I may not have tips, I can answer the other bit of your deal

I type with both hands, but only like... 4 fingers in total and I'm damn quick with it lol  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:02 pm
I type with my feet.

both hands very slow. when I type fast I tend to make lots of errors. Right now I'm not feeling well so I double check my post. Also fire fox spell check= heart  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 pm
emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

I am completely horrified by how many of you don't type properly.

I type using ALL 10 FINGERS with the proper posture and everything. sweatdrop
I type fassttt. ~  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:09 pm
i chicken peck and i can type just as fast as most "proper" typers so i've never rly given a s**t and i'll probably ignore people who tell me to do it "proper" haha. it's like shoelaces imo, i can't do the bunny tree thing either and tie em with two loops, and it works, so why the heck do i care if it's right or not.

but yeah i cant type with two hands on the homerow it messes me up hardcore.  

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Day7

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:49 pm
I Found A Sexy 1
emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

I am completely horrified by how many of you don't type properly.

I type using ALL 10 FINGERS with the proper posture and everything. sweatdrop
I type fassttt. ~

What's interesting...is that those of us who type improperly can type just as fast as proper typists; the only issue is that we'll receive more long term fatigue from doing it wrong.

I had always found it amusing in high school when the teacher would tell me she was more efficient and speedy by using home row than I was doing my crazy four finger style nonsense...and so one day I challenged her to a timed writing thing (the program that checks your WPM and errors, total backspaces and whatnot)

She had 80 whereas I had 112

OH THE COCKINESS  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:51 pm
i used to one hand type but then I wanted to increase my wpm output so i started with the two hands which is really just 4 fingers and a thumb.

i don't really think how you type matters when it comes to professionalism, it's what the outcome of your typing is.
If you can type super fast and accurately that way, i don't see a need for change.  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

Agent Ecto

Shirtless Felis catus

24,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:16 pm
I guess because I took a mandatory computer class in high school, I naturally use both hands and the correct fingers for each key (pretty much). But it's really just whatever's comfortable.
I type fast, but so does my father, and he uses two fingers, so it just goes to show.

Oh, and the rules change when my cantaloupe-headed cat is in the way, in which case, one hand does all the work.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:26 pm
It seems that more people don't type properly than people who do. There also seems to be a lot of different ways of typing. Why is using both hands considered more proffesional anyway? I want to be able to type like I always do!  

Evil Goth Bunny

Kawaii Bunny

Evil Goth Bunny

Kawaii Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm
Agent Ecto
I guess because I took a mandatory computer class in high school, I naturally use both hands and the correct fingers for each key (pretty much). But it's really just whatever's comfortable.
I type fast, but so does my father, and he uses two fingers, so it just goes to show.

Oh, and the rules change when my cantaloupe-headed cat is in the way, in which case, one hand does all the work.

Awww, that sounds cute. My cats like to attempt to sit on the keyboard. When they are in the way, there is no typing at all.

*steals your cat*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:37 pm
Evil Goth Bunny
Agent Ecto

Awww, that sounds cute. My cats like to attempt to sit on the keyboard. When they are in the way, there is no typing at all.

*steals your cat*

Haha, gotta love cats and their secret desire to use the computer. Mine's taught me a few keyboard shortcuts, it's ridiculous.  

Agent Ecto

Shirtless Felis catus

24,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:41 pm
I'm a tactile typer and I have the keyboard layout memorized by touch, and can type about 60-70 wpm comfortably, most of the time I type like.....30-40 when I'm lazy.

I don't use homerow because I have.....the entire keyboard mapped out in my head based off the location of the A and D keys. Also I need a really loud keyboard. Different keys make slightly different sounds.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff