Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
[ TRIAL OF DEATH ] INTO THE ABYSS CYOA (check in often!)

Quick Reply

Submit

Zoobey
Artist
Zoobey's avatar

Timely Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:15 pm
WHAM.

A second equally loud wham punctuated the ground, shaking the students out of their daze. While most had gone to bed, their equivalents of beds in their dorm rooms after a long past few days of trials-

- Noone had expected to wake up to no Amityville. No walls, ceilings, dorm rooms, nothing. Just a barren landscape around them, charred black grass underneath, and the earth shaking. Only the large tree, the hollow tree that marked the beginning of the weeping forest betrayed their location, that this was somehow, still where their school should have been.

There was no sun in the sky, the horizon entirely covered entirely by a thin grey fog.

The noise persisted, even as students got up, woke up, jarred back to reality. As they looked up, then around, they would realize, that other than their group from the trials, they were alone. Was this part of the trials test? Where were they?

Everything seemed very real.

WHAM.

The noise was coming a little to the left, on the other side of a wall, just simply the remains of a crumbling wall. It seemed like a simple drill, digging into the ground, though where the tip of the drill touched, everything was turning into a fine black mist. Fear in its purest form. Fear dissolving, tearing up the actual earth and creating a void, an absence in its place. A nothingness.

The drill was literally breaking up Halloween.

There was very little time to process this new information in as another noise punctuated the consistent work of the Fear-eating drill. A pair of footsteps, walking closer. Two figures were headed the direction of the group, both of them unfamiliar, not even close to the general Bogeyman assemblage. They stopped for a second to take note of the drill, and continued to walk, surveying the landscape.


OOC Wrote:

TRIALS OF DEATH: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE:

- You are not sure how you ended up here or where exactly, here is or exactly what happened. You pinch yourself: it hurts. You realize you are not in a dream: even dream-based creatures cannot control or break out of this. This is a startling reality. What exactly happened overnight?

- Your group now has four choices. Think of this OOCLY as a CYOA game. You can either now as a group

a) Hide behind the rock out of sight to wait for the two unfamiliar Halloweeners to leave

b) Walk over to communicate with the Halloweeners/ attempt to ask them questions related to the trials and what they should do

c) Walk over to communicate with the Halloweeners to ask questions about what is going on.

d) Attempt to go back to square one and examine where you had last left off.

HOW DOES THIS WORK?

- Your group will need to make a group PRP thread. Label it [TEAM NAME HERE] [TRIALS OF DEATH] [OPEN] This is where they will read the prompts, rp it out accordingly, and make decisions based on it, as well as rp out the results.
- The first post should be reserved for the CURRENT CYOA (choose your own adventure) prompt. If your group is OUT, they must post the last prompt given to them in that post. Make sure to list your team members in the first post as well as their players names.
- Only one person in the group makes the OOC the choice for the entire group and post the group's choice when they are ready. Your group will need to ICly rp and work out all disagreements. Remember what was mentioned about being a working team together! Please post this choice in the FIRST POST of the thread when they are ready!
- Group members may not always agree with choices! In the event of a huge disagreement, players can roll a 100-sided dice. The highest dice roll will get to make the choice, though how you ICly want that to work is up to you!
- EVERYONE should post their rp reactions to each CYOA decision/rp prompt that has been given to them. There will be prompts for EACH choice/decision, so make sure you match up the result of your choice (GM PROMPT RESPONSE AFTER 12-24 HOURS), and rp accordingly. You are free to speculate and talk about ideas with group players and interact as much as you'd like with the given environment.
- NATURAL FORMS can be used, but they may not work properly... the fog is messing up Fear in all the wrong ways. Natural abilities are on the fritz as well.
- EXAMPLE Prompt 1 happens today. Choices are a, b or c. You, your group ICly chooses C. They must now rp out their choice, and they can continue posting and rping reactions to the current environment. The gm will then, after 12- 24 hours, post the RESULT of EACH CHOICE. You must now rp out the result, and make further choices if offered.
- THE NEXT CHOICE WILL OCCUR AT 2:00 PM PST MARCH 19th. If a single team member misses posting an rp reaction it is fine, it is assumed they followed their group. Simply go on to the next status effect update and continue RPing from there. There will be 6 choices for all teams to make until the end of the Trials of Death. Various choices obviously have various effects and scored results. Think of it as a little choose your own adventure survival game


HELP I'M BEING ATTACKED!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.


- This only pertains to group threads that are [OPEN]. You must leave your thread [OPEN] unless indicated by a GM ANNOUNCEMENT that your team has moved on, in which case, you can update your thread to [CLOSED] and no more mobs will attack your group.
-Occasionally as you wander around, you will be attacked, at random, by vaguely shaped creatures, seemingly coming from the fog! If a creature targets you, it is free game for the entire group until it runs out of 0 HP. IF the creature fails to land a hit by the time the next prompt rolls over OR your thread is marked [CLOSED], it is assumed that his creature simply disappeared back into the fog. Anyone can attack the creature, you can only attack once per round until the mob responds.
- If any of the students hit 0 HP it is game over. Your student dissipates and never comes back. If your team leader dissipates you don't have to worry, you can still continue moving on!
- You are using REGULAR BATTLE MECHANICS, so the usual HP value, attack, and Fear mechanics as shown here. You CAN use learned abilities such as Fear Healing, but they take a BATTLE turn.
- You cannot battle unless someone has engaged you in battle, once the battle is over (mob HP is 0 OR you receive the next prompt) you CANNOT use an ability again.
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 pm
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO POST QUESTIONS, SIMPLY POST THEM HERE  

Zoobey
Artist
Zoobey's avatar

Timely Traveler


Zoobey
Artist
Zoobey's avatar

Timely Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:56 pm
CYOA DAY 2:

RULES:
- Match your group's response to the RP below. Update your front page post with the new CYOA questions from your group (if applicable) and update any OOC rules needed, such as opening and closing of threads.
- You will have until 4:00 pm PST @ March 20th to make a decision:


IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION A: YOUR THREAD IS STILL MARKED OPEN Wrote:


a) Hide behind the rock out of sight to wait for the two unfamiliar Halloweeners to leave

The sound of the footsteps stop. There is a pause. "Did you hear something?"

Another moment of tense silence. "Nothing, we should keep on going, I still have another two mission reports to fill out, and I'd rather do it when you know, the sun is still up."

"I hate b***h sentry duty." The other reaffirmed after a second, a voice that looked really disjointed with the size and shape of the body. "There's nothing here anyway, not even a sign of a freaking-" air quotes "- survivor group. What are the higher ups planning anyway?"

The first didn't say anything in response to the question. "Let's move on. They said they spotted sightings at around 25°22"N, 72°32'33"W." A pause. "That's the remains of the old city hall, genius. Let's get a move on."

Thankfully, a few seconds later, the footsteps retreated. The students had avoided disaster, it seemed, and interestingly enough, gained some valuable information. The question was, was it really information or a trap? As they take a better look at the landscape, dull, and bleak, they would notice something fluttering in the wind, pinned to the back of the tree.

A notice:

"THIS SECTOR HAS BEEN CLAIMED AND IS UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF DEUS EX MACHINA AS OF 12/31/1999."

There was also a path extending around the tree, the only path that seemed even remotely used, though the fog was making it hard, if not impossible to see which direction it extended. It looked like if the students wanted to get out of here alive, or at least figure out what was going on, they would need to choose a path.

a) Follow the direction of the ??? figures as they walked off, which goes directly to where The Town Hall would be.

c) Question the remaining status of Amityville and head towards where their homes would have been, not the dorms, but their actual relative homes in The Town Heights

c) The students are at the edge of where they had seen Horsemen leave that one time, perhaps they should check out the remains of the Weeping Forest instead?





IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION B: YOUR THREAD IS NOW MARKED CLOSED Wrote:


b) Walk over to communicate with the Halloweeners/ attempt to ask them questions related to the trials and what they should do

The first of the two Halloween denizens stiffen as your group runs towards them. At a closer range, you notice they are holding odd weapons, a flat grey gun with glowing blue runic markings over it. They exchange glances with each other, relaxing slightly as you mention 'Trials' and 'What to do next'.

"Wait, you must be the new trainees." The first of the two gives the second a jab, "Nice going, you almost skewered another prototype golem, that would make it the fourth this week?"

The second glowered, crossing his arms and putting away his weapon. "Yeah, yeah, just rub it in." He glanced at the students before sniggering. "I have to say it was thoughtful of them to make more trainee-befitting prototypes. Anyway I'll show you the rendezvous point, and he'll debrief you on possibly the most boring duty you will ever have to do during your wondrous stay at Deus Ex."

The two continued walking, expecting the students to follow with. "So, survey duty is simple, you just check in on the status of the remains of Halloween town, which really hasn't been a problem since you know, 1999, and make sure the drills are still in working order, and if you see any local hostiles, which are few and far between these days, then as trainees you are not to engage them but simply report back. Simple enough, capiche? Also, since there is a lot of Insanity around, you have to make sure your-"

There was suddenly a loud beeping noise coming from the Halloweener's wrist. He paused, raising it before looking at the students suspiciously. "Which division did you say you were in again?"

a) Holy mother of Jack, you are way in over your heads. Make up whatever comes to mind, which is of course, saying that you are very new, and have gotten very little information so far.

b) You panic, but try to put on a straight face. You say that you were recently switched divisions, so you don't know right now either.

c) You randomly make up a division. The Halloween division. That sounds legit...right?




IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION C: YOUR THREAD IS NOW MARKED CLOSED Wrote:


c) Walk over to communicate with the Halloweeners to ask questions about what is going on.

As your group approaches the two Halloweeners, you notice that they are carrying oddly discoloured weapons, pointing them directly at you. Before you can say another word, they shoot, a net encompassing you, sending painful electric shocks down your body until you black out.

When you wake up, you notice that you are in some sort of large, closed environment, a room perhaps, with the others. The ceiling is covered in a bright white light, and you see people standing outside the thick transparent walls, wearing familiar (to some) white outfits with gold trim. They are muttering amongst each other, though one of them walks over to a what looks like a scamplifier, talking directly into it. Their voice booms into the room.

"Sorry if we made you feel threatened, we don't mean any harm really, just checking up on orders." Their tone sounds oddly sterile and rehearsed. "Don't worry though, we'll let you go, we just need one simple answer from you. Which ah, 'Halloween Refugee Base' are you from? If you tell us where its located, we will let all of you go. If not, then I'm afraid, well," They turned around, picking up something in one hand: a glowing weapon, a simple sword-shaped weapon, really, "You might as well enjoy your permanent stay in here in Deus Ex Machina and make yourselves comfortable for the long-term duration."

a) You decide to answer, trying for any random location, anything, to get out of the place

b) You decide to withhold answers, instead, demanding that you will answer if they tell you what is going on and where your group is

c) You say nothing entirely, simply glaring back. These guys don't look like they'll give you anything any way no matter what





IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION D: YOUR THREAD IS STILL MARKED OPEN Wrote:


d) Attempt to go back to square one and examine where you had last left off.

As you walk around, going back to examine things, you barely notice that the group of Halloweeners have already disappeared into the fog. Despite the strange lost creatures still attacking you, you try try your best to find your bearings, attempting to piece together clues.

You walk towards where Amityville would have been, now reduced to simple rubble and foundations. You trace the steps, through the familiar now-rusted gates, through the broken, crumbling doors, and into the hallway where the stairs would have gone up to the school office. Something catches your attention, a single piece of paper half-buried in the rubble.

On it is a message:

Only those of Fear can follow Fear,
Take the path not far but near,
Shallow rocks guide you clear,
Of dangers, to those that wait here.


On the back of it is a simple map, a map of the old Halloween Town. There are three circular markings, one marked at the area of Town Hall, a smaller dot at the Wishing Well area, and a third tiny dot at The Weeping Forest.

a) Use the map, and try to guide yourself towards the Town Hall. Obviously, the larger the dot on the map, the more notable and important the location

b) Select the Wishing Well. The large and tiny dots obviously represent traps, you should pick the middle one.

c) Select the tiny dot. You have no clue why but obviously tiny dots are better. Head towards the Weeping Forest.
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 pm
CYOA DAY 3: ALL THREADS ARE NOW CLOSED


MATCH UP YOUR CHOICE AND CONTINUE ONWARDS

At this point some of the results will lead to a DEATH post. If you receive a DEATH prompt ie: YOUR CHARACTER IS NOW DEAD, please rp their death post as according to the prompt. You WILL receive bonus RP points for putting work and effort into your RP reactions.
- This goes mainly for death prompts, but also for all RP replies that you post in this CYOA!
- That means your team WILL get rewarded for effort, but no teams will be penalized for lack of it!
- If you HAVE NOT picked an answer/ your team has not picked an answer, move to the choice: "IF YOUR DIVISION WAS QUESTIONED AND YOU CHOSE C"
- The quotes are marked by the CHOICES your team made. Read each quote and then match up your choice to the prompt you get.




IF YOU CHOSE TOWN HEIGHTS OR WISHING WELL Wrote:


IF YOU CHOSE TOWN HEIGHTS OR WISHING WELL

You continue to follow the path downwards, the deserted fog is thick and stagnant, giving you very little room to think or even react. Is it just you, or are there more of those strange wisp-like creatures attacking you now? What is this home they continue to speak of?

At last you reach a little enclave, or what seems to be a small moment's reprise from all the fog-created beings. The fog itself however, is so thick it is nearly an opaque white: you stumble over something, a fragment. A large piece of brick, perhaps from a leftover building? A couple of other objects catch your eyes: shattered picture frames, an old unmoving skellyphone, the remains of a minipet closet.

There is something else in the mass of fog: a glint of deep black ink set into a stone floor base. The words on it simply say HOME.

As you turn around, you notice the word is scratched everywhere you see now, against all the objects littered on the ground, against the remains of crumbling walls, each fragment of rock covered in hundreds of the same word repeated over and over again.

Home home. Home. Homehomehomehome-

Thunk.

The fog around you shifts, solidifies, the white lifting, gathering into itself. You can only stare, helplessly, as a pair of yellow eyes form from the fog, from the giant mass that takes shape: long sickly claws and the barest shape of sinuous feet. Its half-shaped head turns to you, blotting out the entire sky as it opens its jaws, grey against white, white against white, yellowed eyes against grey-

- HOME.

It swallows you whole. You feel no pain, no fear, nothing. All you feel is a strange scratching sensation, a coldness, a numbness as something, something speaks to you.

You are home.

OOC Wrote:

- YOUR STUDENT IS NOW DEAD. Feel free to write their DEATH POST (these will give your group bonus points at good, solid death posts!) and has joined the fog to go home.
- Your student is OUT OF PLAY for the rest of the event, until the very end/ when the ending is announced, so feel free to stretch, rest, relax until the finale of the Trials of Death
- PLEASE NOW MARK YOUR THREAD AS [DECEASED] instead of OPEN or CLOSED





IF YOU CHOOSE TOWN HALL OR WEEPING FOREST Wrote:


IF YOU CHOOSE TOWN HALL OR WEEPING FOREST:


Your walk through the fog makes you feel colder step by step, inch by inch. At last, fighting through masses of unknown creatures, creatures who continuously talk about home, you reach a strange landmark.

A single tattered flag rising from the ground. On it is a very familiar symbol, a carved pumpkin emblazoned with an A. Amityville.

You walk over to the flag, but there's nothing else in sight. What does this mean? What could it mean. Warily, you look around for clues, hints, but the fog is too thick, it is hard to see anything. Oddly enough, as you search around further, you hear a vague buzzing noise, similar to something building an electric charge-

- There is a loud ZAP and you black out immediately.

When you wake up, you realize you are tied, rather primitively actually, bound by thick ropes, feet and neck coiled with chains. You seem to be in a series of what look like underground caverns, the lighting dim and shallow, a few figures milling around. One of them is looking straight at you, and takes a step forward.

You do no recognize them at all, an undead carrying a thick set of chains and what looks like a primitive helmet. He strides towards you, and sticks the helmet over you head, staring at you suspiciously. A grunt. "So you can't log out, while we interrogate you." In his spare hand is a weapon, a rusted broken saw. He leans closer with the weapon-

- "Wait! I'll do this." Another much smaller figure leans over, except this one is very familiar: the tattered blue scarf and general washed out appearance did nothing to hide that this was a certain school secretary. He looked extremely worn out, expression both suspicious and haunted as he leaned closer towards you, traces of recognition in his eyes. "Who are you?"

"The are spies." Grunted the other, unwavering. "We shall torture them, kill them from the inside out, like they have done to us. It does not matter what the spies look like."

They sighed, recoiling backwards. "You are right. These students died years ago."

You quickly scan around you, noting the drab landscape, the survivors looking at you curiously. Yes, survivors, you are looking at the last few remaining survivors of Halloween. A few questions cross your mind.

a) You ask about where you are and the status of Halloween/ what is going on

b) You ask about who has survived. You begin to rattle off names, places.

c) You call the secretary out by name. You mention the Trials, and the last time you saw them.

OOC Wrote:

- PLEASE NOW MARK YOUR THREAD AS [ RESCUED ] instead of OPEN or CLOSED






IF YOUR DIVISION WAS QUESTIONED AND YOU CHOSE A OR B Wrote:


IF YOUR DIVISION WAS QUESTIONED AND YOU CHOSE A OR B


The not-so-Halloween citizen shrugs. "Sounds legit. Freaking Fear scanner's probably broken, they always are, I swear to god." He grumbles some more, and then taps his comrade on the shoulder to get their attention. "Let's go, we still have half our patrol to cover."

The second person, however, does not move. In fact, the first "Halloweener" barely has time to shout as you see them point their weapon towards you-

- When you wake up, you realize you are in a sort of "glass cage", with your teammates. There is a figure in a white and gold coat staring at you, holding up a clipboard, talking with others in similarly dressed outfits. He mentions something about you being "another set", and turn turns to you, to ask where you came from.

OOC Wrote:


- HEAD TO THE QUOTE MARKED "IF YOU ARE TRAPPED IN THE ROOM, REGARDLESS OF WHAT CHOICE YOU SAY (A, B OR C)", read the prompt, and continue onwards with choices.







IF YOUR DIVISION WAS QUESTIONED AND YOU CHOSE C Wrote:


IF YOUR DIVISION WAS QUESTIONED AND YOU CHOSE C

The last thing you hear is a loud ZAP and then the sound of someone shouting. You never wake up.


OOC Wrote:

- YOUR STUDENT IS NOW DEAD. Feel free to write their DEATH POST (these will give your group bonus points at good, solid death posts!) and has joined the fog to go home.
- Your student is OUT OF PLAY for the rest of the event, until the very end/ when the ending is announced, so feel free to stretch, rest, relax until the finale of the Trials of Death
- PLEASE NOW MARK YOUR THREAD AS [DECEASED] instead of OPEN or CLOSED






IF YOU ARE TRAPPED IN THE ROOM, REGARDLESS OF WHAT CHOICE YOU SAY (A, B OR C) Wrote:


IF YOU ARE TRAPPED, REGARDLESS OF WHAT CHOICE YOU SAY


The figure in white seems unamused by whatever you have to say, simply sighing and tapping his pen against his clipboard. "Yeah, thought so. I guess we'll have to do this the fun way." He gestures for another two figures, they look up into your cage and-

- You hear a hissing noise in your cage, manage to struggle, stay awake for a second longer before you black out.

OOC: SELECTING A GROUP MEMBER Wrote:

- EVERYONE in the group must NOW roll a 100-sided dice at this point and RP out the above (all active members, if you have an inactive member, you can just skip to). The person with the LOWEST roll must RP out the prompt below titled "WEAPONS CONVERSION". Everyone else rps out the regular prompt titled "TRAPPED". Even if the WEAPONS CONVERSION player posts their prompt later, it is assumed that ICly the "weapons conversion" post happened first and then the "trapped" one.
- You are rping reactions for one OR the other, depending what you roll. Rp reactions don't need to be posted chronologically. (That way you don't need to wait for them if you have different time zones).
- If you have been rolled for weapons conversion your CHARACTER IS "DEAD". That means you can no longer rp them sorry smilies/icon_sad.gif Consider this their death post, and write out reactions as necessary: solid death posts will be given bonus trial points!
- PLEASE NOW MARK YOUR THREAD AS [CAPTURED] instead of OPEN or CLOSED


WEAPONS CONVERSION PROMPT Wrote:


When you wake up, you are staring out of a large, cylindrical cage. You press your hand against it, but the walls hurt as if charged by electricity. You recoil to the very center of the cylinder: the light hurts your eyes. You can hear someone vaguely talking outside, you can see shapes, boxes outside, transparent boxes with your team members in there.

There is a loud crackle, a synthetic humming noise, and as you look up-

- Pain. Agony that jolts into you, thousands of times worse than being simply electrocuted, worse than when you were forced to dissipate, you might have screamed, you might have thrashed, it is hard to tell at this point, all you can feel is the pain-

And then you feel something in you snap, shift, and your Fear, as finally, your form involuntarily begins to warp, distort as well. It hurts, the pain still hurts, it is blinding, but as your body fights to re-stabilize itself, you feel better, whole, complete again. Your vision clears again, just for a little bit - you see figures in strange plastic boxes outside, -who are they, they look familiar - but it doesn't matter anymore.

Something clicks in you, like a switch turning on, there is no more pain, panic, hatred, the memories washed out, lackluster.

No, in your world of darkness, emptiness, there is only a slowly gnawing hunger, quiet and insatiable.


TRAPPED Wrote:


When you wake up you realize you are trapped in a transparent box - a cage. You see the others all around you, but one of your group members is missing.

No, instead, they are huddled in a cylindrical glass cage, a rather large one who's height spans the entire room. They look scared, they look out towards you. You want to say something, maybe that everything will be okay, but you can't. You know it's not true. You know they can't even hear you.

The person is talking now, the figure in the white cloak. They threaten you, saying one of you is next if you don't tell them the truth. If you don't speak the truth, you will be next. And finally, they make you watch, they make you watch as your teammate screams, thrashes around in the cylinder helplessly, and then is consumed completely.

A dull weapon lies where your teammate was. The figure picks up the weapon, and talks to you again. He wants to know the truth, of who you are and where you come from. You turn to your remaining group members for support.

a) You finally tell him exactly what happened from the trials to where you are now

b) You tell then nothing. If you go down, you will go down fighting.

 

Zoobey
Artist
Zoobey's avatar

Timely Traveler


Zoobey
Artist
Zoobey's avatar

Timely Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:29 pm
CYOA DAY 4: ALL THREADS ARE NOW CLOSED


GENERAL RULES

At this point some of the results will lead to a DEATH post. If you receive a DEATH prompt ie: YOUR CHARACTER IS NOW DEAD, please rp their death post as according to the prompt. You WILL receive bonus RP points for putting work and effort into your RP reactions.
- This goes mainly for death prompts, but also for all RP replies that you post in this CYOA!
- That means your team WILL get rewarded for effort, but no teams will be penalized for lack of it!
- If your team has been captured and not done the last prompt, it is assumed that this already happened to the lowest roller of the team. That means the lowest roller of the people who rolled already is DEAD (gone).



MOVING ONWARDS: GM PROMPT STYLE:

- All surviving groups will now be prompted by A GM RP POST. A GM will go into your thread and post an RP prompt for you to interact with as well as OOC notes. Please respond accordingly, as well as read any potential rules attached!
- There is NO NEXT CYOA POST, everything will move ORP style until the end!
- Once again if your character is DEAD please do post a death solo for them for bonus RP points as well as team points. All reaction posts as always are not necessary but will also give you bonus rp points and team points.
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm
CYOA FINALE: ESCAPED/RESCUE THREADS PLEASE CHECK YOUR PROMPT


GENERAL RULES

At this all your characters should make a DEATH post. If you receive a DEATH prompt ie: YOUR CHARACTER IS NOW DEAD, please rp their death post as according to the prompt. You WILL receive bonus RP points for putting work and effort into your RP reactions.
- This goes mainly for death prompts, but also for all RP replies that you post in this CYOA!
- That means your team WILL get rewarded for effort, but no teams will be penalized for lack of it!


The Aftermath Wrote:


It was strange to die and not dissipate. Several students were already used to the sensation, the agony of suffering over and over again, waiting until it would end, waiting for that moment where they would end back in Nurse Cricket's office, back somewhere safe, shaking and recoiling from the effects.

It was taking a very long time.

"Apologies." Began a pleasant sort of voice, quiet, female, "The effect is stronger the weaker you are. Though if you are here, this is a good sign."

It was hard to talk, in fact it was impossible to speak. Those memories, the pain, the feeling of agony even without having a body still lingered, cold and unforgiving.

"And so these trials have concluded, the Trials of Death." The voice was now slightly above a pleasant murmur. "The world you saw as students is to another timeline a reality, a world without us, without the Four Clans. We do not seek to scare or threaten you, merely bring upon you the truth, one that could not be told with simple words. Our co-existence is important, our future together depends on each other. You do not need to seek us out for guidance, merely reflect on the greater picture. All paths lead to one end, but the journey forward is guided by different actions."

Things were getting clearer to see now - was this perhaps all, some odd, convoluted, twisted dream? There was someone sitting a little away, someone wearing a delicate black robe, and a strange smell, perhaps of a thick incense, the walls above them familiar-

- "There is no um, lasting hard to the students is there?" This voice was entirely familiar. "You said it was just-"

-"Yes, simply a bad dream. There is no need to worry."

Some of the students by now may have been wondering why they were dreaming about the school secretary, some mysterious cloaked lady, and the gymnasium.

"Then," Arel pressed on, "Did they do fine? I mean, they are just students, you shouldn't press them too hard."

"They did perfectly fine." The other voice soothed. "Their bravery and actions are to be commended. They have my clan's approval, and many should earn a little more from their own school."

A pause. "Wait, you mean their exams? " Another awkward pause. "I- I was working on them, really, its not a big deal, I mean, with the exchange coming up, and now that the clans have approved it and-"

"- All children will eventually grow up."

An audible sigh. "But these ones, they- they've seen a lot more than others. They are students of Amityville yes, but there's something else. I'm afraid if they stop believing in us, in the school, they will believe in nothing else."

"Give it time." A rustle of soft fabric. "Give everything just a little more time. And staying here and worrying is not going to help. Let them rest, I am sure you have some work to finish."

The crinkle of several papers being crushed together in surprise. "Why yes um, of course." The rest was a slow mutter. "Yes, those supplementary exams, yeah, I'm uh, I'm on it..."

As the students listened to the shuffle of tiny footsteps towards the exit of the auditorium, some of them might have realized just before they closed their eyes and lost their senses again, that this particular dream was really not a dream at all.


OOC Wrote:


- When students wake up, many will notice that they are now lying back in their dorm rooms. In several of their rooms is a paper, marked EXAM AUTHENTICATION APPROVAL. For many it would mean their placement to the next grade.
- Congratulations to those who made it to Y3! Your character is officially a Y3 student now that they have passed the trials! Congratulations as well to those who made it to Y2! Make sure that you only "upgrade" HERE ICLY AND ART WISE if you have waited 6 months in between Y2 and Y3 and 4 months in between Y1 and Y2. Otherwise, please do WAIT before you post for official growth, ALL STUDENTS WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE TRIALS as long as they were active from beginning to end now have received one exam growth point, but still must WAIT for the exam cooldown queue
- RP points will be distributed in the next couple of days (please do not count these ones quite yet thank you!), as well as the final prize/points distribution for all players!
- Thank you all for playing in the trials, consider the last couple of days before the final information/ rewards are released as time for you to post your death solos. You can also begin to ICly roleplay reactions as you need.
 

Zoobey
Artist
Zoobey's avatar

Timely Traveler

Reply
{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games