Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply The Celestial Fortress ❄ Dovaa Profiles
Kavanna -- Brolis Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx→тнє υитσℓ∂ sтσяץ

.: яѳℓε ρℓαч :.

» a meeting long overdue
xxxxxKavanna, Damian, and Maslin

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

Maslin and his new Drakein, Lazuli, came by today. It was interesting. They took Damian out to play in the water as I cooked dinner. Damian said some...strange things tonight. He told Maslin that he loved him. It was strange, and I know Damian is still quite young...it's just so...weird. I was so embarrassed that he had said that; but at the same time, it just rolled off his tongue like it didn't matter. It doesn't matter. I'm the one making it matter. Yeah, just don't worry about it. Everything's fine.

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 am
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» a family outing
xxxxxKavanna, Damian, Alex, and Ignotus

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

A quick trip to the market. We met with Ignotus, a Hybrid salesman. He seemed a bit taken with Damian. Rather creepy if I do say so myself. Luckily we got him out of there before it was too late.

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 am
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

.: sѳℓѳ яѳℓε ρℓαч :.

» a new awakening

Months had passed and Kavanna was truly feeling depressed by her son's leaving and her husband's constant absence from the family home. She sat at the table in the kitchen, looking out the large window towards the ocean. A sigh emitting from her mouth as she did, watching the waves crash upon the shores.

"Heh, you remind me of myself as you sit there." Naomi said with a large grin upon her face, slowly walking into the room, cane in hand, sitting down next to Kavanna.

"How do you mean?" Kavanna asked, rather puzzled by the woman's words.

"Well, dear, I understand all too well how you're feeling. You're looking out at the ocean, wishing that your husband and son were by your side, are you not?" Naomi asked.

Kavanna turned her gaze to the woman and a soft smile grew upon her face. "You're all the company I need, mom."

"Oh, if only you were telling me the truth." the old woman laughed as she stood and strode over to the teapot on the burning stove, pouring herself, and Kav, a cup.

Naomi handed one cup to Kavanna and sat down in the seat adjacent to hers with her own cup in hand, sipping it ever so slowly. "You need to get back out there. You're still quite young, whether you feel it or not. Trust me, I know you have enough spunk left in you to continue your training. Maybe not at the college, but at least simple training here on Serenia. Go out, go dragon hunting, get away for a week. As much as I love my son, I know he isn't always here, and you deserve a bit better than that. You need to keep yourself occupied. A wise woman once told me this, 'Don't be afraid to go out and live your dreams; for you will only hold regret if you are too afraid to act'. I was sitting in that same seat actually...looking out over the ocean wishing I could go out there and be something; and guess what, I took that old woman's advice and I did just that. I made my dream of being a Master Healer come true. Now I bestow that saying onto you! Think about it...truly. You'll see that I'm right." she finished, standing and giving Kav one last smile before exiting the room.

Kavanna thought a moment. What Naomi said definitely had rung true. She did need to get out of her funk and make something of her life. She had spent past decade and a half bending to the will of her son and husband. Now that they were both out and doing their own things, it was time for Kavanna to take that old woman's advice and make something of herself. Mastering the Ysali magics was going to be difficult, but she knew she could do it. The first step was to literally take her first steps out into the World of Magesc once again.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 am
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

.: ∂яɑɢѳи нυит :.

» a new beginning

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

I completely failed to take out the Aiskala. I feel a lot stronger now though, so I may attempt it again once I'm feeling better. I seriously need to get back into the groove of things. It's been so long, I'm a little rusty. That's alright though, I'll get better and better and be able to take out an Aiskala with ease pretty soon!

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:45 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» flowers and friendship
xxxxxKavanna and Rosetta

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

Met with a very kind, lovely Orderite girl today. She was so sweet and with such a sad story to tell. One day I hope to meet with her again.

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:17 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» a second attempt

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

Again I failed to take out the Aiskala. My luck has apparently run out. They always gang up...I'm never fully able to take one out alone. It's a rather painful process when they begin to shower down ice and start blizzards like they did today. Maybe I should just go back to fighting the Peisio again. After all, that would probably be easier than trying to take on a few Aiskala.

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:46 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» lets try it again

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» a needed talk

Kavanna sat upon the edge of her empty bed looking over the blankets and pillows. Another day that her husband, Alexander, hadn't come home. A tear rolled down her cheek as she thought of the wasted time. He just had to become apart of the Order's Guard. Something his father had done before him. The days were flying by and he would only return home for a day or two and then go back into the city for more training. She hoped day in and day out that when he had finally finished his training he would be able to return home and stay every night, instead of having to live on the base and away from her, especially now that their son was grown and on his own as well. She just felt alone in the world. Only Naomi understood her true feelings, since she went through it once herself.

Naomi. That was one person that she could talk to about all of this. She could likely give some sort of advice. It just felt as though Kav was stuck in life. Not being able to move forward and actually kill an Aiskala wasn't helping anything. Even trying her best wasn't enough. It was time to talk to Naomi about all of these feelings once again. Maybe she would have some new advice.

The Dovaa slowly made her way down the stairs to the first floor of the cottage. She walked into the kitchen and saw the woman sitting at the table. "Naomi, can I speak with you about something?" Kavanna asked.

The old woman looked up with a bright smile upon her face. "Of course, dear. What's on your mind?"

"It's Alex...and Damian for that matter. I feel so alone lately. I feel so incompetent. So incomplete. Alex is always gone at the academy for his guard training and Damian is living in the Celestial Plane with my dad. It's just hard...and to top it all off, I've gone out plenty of times to Aisko with nothing to show for it except more wasted time. I feel totally weak." she said, her voice quivering slightly and a few tears rolling down her face.

"Kavanna, come, sit down." Naomi said, patting the chair next to her.

Kavanna did as she was told, slinking her way over to the chair and sitting down with a thud. She wiped the tears from her face and just buried her face in her hands a moment, taking a few deep breaths. Finally, with clearer eyes, she looked up at the woman she had always thought of as a mother.

Naomi put her hand on Kav's shoulder and began to speak, "Don't be discouraged, Kav. I understand exactly how you feel. My Damian left me when I was raising three kids to work with the Order's Guard. Alexander just wants to walk his father's path. I do realize that it can be upsetting when you're trying your hardest with nothing to show for it. But listen here, you have been away from the world of fighting for more than half your life. Once Damian was born, he's all you cared about, as it should be. Just give yourself some time away from the dragons, hone your skills and then get back out there. I know that's what you want to do. You'll be the greatest Ysali Dovaa in the world, I just know it."

Kavanna couldn't help but break a smile. "You always know what to say." she said, giving the woman a hug.

"Well, I better, I've been saying things since I was only a wee baby! Haha! But on a serious note, don't fret so much about what is to come. Oh!" she finished for a moment, standing up and walking to a jar on the counter. She pulled out a pouch and walked back over. "I know just the cure for you!" she said with a grand smile, placing the pouch upon the table.

"Wh-what's this for?" Kavanna said, eyes wide. She knew that it was a pouch filled with coins.

"Shop until you drop, sweetheart! Shop therapy is always a cure to a discouraged heart, and I've been saving these coins for just the occasion!" the woman said with a smile, pushing the pouch towards the Dovaa.

Kavanna looked at it and then back up at the woman. "R-really!? I can use this?" she asked.

"Wouldn't be on the table right now if you couldn't, dear. Now go, have yourself a fantastic day, buy a ton of goodies and come back to show me what you've got! Oh, and while you're out, pick up some food for dinner." Naomi stated as she began to walk into the other room.

Kavanna thought. Shop therapy, hmm? Well, it would definitely take the edge off. Sure...why not? It could be fun after all. With that, she was off towards town to shop for whatever her heart desired.

User Image

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:55 am
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» shopping spree
xxxxxKavanna and Arick

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

Oh. My. Gods. Arick Skyeforge of Peddler's Rock is an amazing vendor. I've rarely heard of him, but he's got the greatest goods in all of Magesc, I swear. I bought many, many items today and I'm just so happy to finally be alive again. Time to go out and use some of these wares. But wait, he gave me a few recipes on how to create my own potions and things. It's time to get started on that as well!

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 am
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

.: ɑ∂vεитυяε :.

» the paths of the dark and the light

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

I met with a very kind Drakeinian woman named Anodyne. She actually needed my help. I worked for her over a couple of days and I realized something. I am needed in this world. I don't have to sit around and wallow in my pain and loneliness any longer. I can get out there and help others. That's what I was meant to do. So, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to go out and fight for my life back.

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 am
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» the strange tear

Kavanna had finally arrived back home from her adventures out in the world of Magesc. She looked over the new items she had acquired from her travels and smiled. "I've never seen a dragon's tear before, let alone heard of them." she spoke aloud as she sat upon the table and stared at the tear that was no larger than the Dragon's soul itself. She was a bit puzzled by the power of it. It irradiated a strong power that Kavanna could feel.

She picked it up and thought a bit. Did it work like a Dragon's Soul? If she broke it, would the power seep into her own body and do something to her? She wondered what it could potentially do and decided the best way to find out was to just test it herself.

She stood up and went into the living quarter of the house. As the little gem glowed a deep green, she set it upon the floor. With her foot, she stepped down upon the gem until she heard a slight cracking noise. Suddenly, a power swept over her that she couldn't explain. It was quite different than a regular dragon soul. This seemed almost more permanent. She could feel herself become more powerful in that living room. What had just happened? Who really knew? The only thing she could do was smile, for yes, as she picked up her foot, the only thing that was lying there on the ground was a few shards of glass.

She swept up the mess and realized that this power was actually permanent. Sadly she had to ruin the pretty gem that she had just gained, but it was a powerful gem, more powerful than she could even begin to explain.

~~~

The next day she felt the strength within her, it was time to go out and do herself a favor. It was definitely time for a Dragon hunt. She packed a bag and said her goodbyes to Naomi and began to travel towards her personal boat once again. This time she felt very good about what was to come. Hopefully that tear she had used the night prior would help her defeat the enemy she so desired to beat. Those Aiskala dragons were her number one targets. They would pay for how they treated her, they would pay so badly. Now she was determined, and not only was she determined for her sake, but also for her sons and husbands sake as well. This would not end well for the Aiskala dragons. Not one bit. Now they had a pissed off Ysali Dovaa coming for them and that was destruction enough, for when a Ysali absolutely needed, they could do some massive damage.

It was finally that time, her thoughts flowed freely about her brain, how would she maneuver about, how would she take down an Aiskala for the first time, how was it going to feel when she had accomplished something that she had longed for for so long? Oh, she was more determined than ever to kill an Aiskala before they overtook her. And she knew that it would most definitely happen this time around, she just wouldn't stop until she had won.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:00 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» powerful accomplishment

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

I completely destroyed the Aiskala today. After taking that tear, I was finally able to do it! Wow, what a difference I feel! I can't wait for the next hunt!

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» encounter on the lake
xxxxxKavanna and Kadryn

Journal Entry
xxxxx∂εαя נѳυяиαℓ,

I met up with a girl today. A sad little Orderite. Apparently she had done something terrible to one of her fellow Orderites. She just seemed so regretful. I hope she comes out of it soon enough.

xxxxxxxxxx-καvαииα

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 pm
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

.: тяɑiиiиɢ :.

» lets begin
ALCHEMY 1/15

Kavanna made it home from a peaceful time out and realized one very important thing. She had never actually used any of the items she bought at the market a few weeks back! That just wouldn't do! It was the perfect time to break out the cauldron and start taking alchemy lessons! If only she could find it!

"Hey mom, do you know where I put my cauldron?" she asked her mother-in-law, Naomi. She had a better head on her shoulders most of the time than Kav did.

"Oh dear, I remember you telling me you were going to put it into the cupboard under the sink." Naomi called from the other room.

Kavanna giggled to herself and rolled her eyes. "That's right...thank you!" she called back.

"Mhmm!" was heard from the elderly woman as she made her way into the kitchen to check things out. "What's going on anyhow? Finally taking a crack at alchemy again after all these years?" the woman asked.

"Yeah, I figured that I would give it a shot again. We used to make quite the team creating potions all the time when I was a kid. Remember?" Kav said with a giggle, bringing the cauldron to the table.

"Ah, how could I ever forget those days." she said with a smile, watching as Kav then went back to grab the vials of water she had obtained as well.

Kavanna laughed as she reminisced on her childhood with Naomi a bit. "Remember the time I tripped and spilled the potion all over the floor just as we were finishing up! Oh dear, how distraught you were, hehe." she said laughing hysterically.

Naomi began to laugh as well in response, "Oh yes, and when we were picking herbs in the garden you thought the Viper Vine was the Seggan Leaf! You were so drained the entire day after that mistake!"

"I think that was the last time I had ever tried making a potion by myself until now haha. Lets hope I can get the ingredients right this time around!" Kavanna said with a grand smile upon her face.

"Well, you have fun dear, I am going to run into town." Naomi responded, getting on her cloak and leaving with a flutter of her fingers.

It was then that Kavanna decided to continue and read through a couple of her recipes.

"I think I'm going to try the Basic Healing Potion first." she said aloud, reading over the recipe. "1 vial of water, 2 remedial fronds, and 1 seggan leaf. Easy enough. Just have to combine well." she said, a chipper attitude about her.

She poured the vial of water into the cauldron and began to mix up the three herbs with a mortar and pestle. Once the herbs were thoroughly ground, she dumped the small fibers into the cauldron with the water and began to stir, boiling the water over the heated pit in the kitchen. It gave off a sweet scent as it burned up into the air, and all that was left was a bright green goo, which she poured into two empty vials and corked. Ah, she had completed her first potion in years, now she could test them out and see if they actually worked!

User Image

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 am
xxxxxxxxxxκαvαииα

» working for a brother

Coming home one day from the market, Kavanna found a letter on the table addressed to her. It read:

Letter
Dear Kavanna,

As you know, last year the owner of the Abode de Dagon passed away and left the inn to Melanie and I. So far we've been able to take the load ourselves and work to keep the place up and up. Lately, however, we've been having some troubles. If you could please come visit and help us out, we would appreciate it more than you know. We'll even give you some money to help out Naomi with.

Love Your Brother,
Kaylen

"So...Kaylen needs my help, eh? Heh, this should be interesting." she said to herself as she took the letter and went upstairs only to return a few moments later totally done up in a dress she deemed "worthy of Dagon".

With that, she was off to the Celestial Plane to help her brother and sister-in-law out with whatever work they needed.

~~~

She knocked on the door of the inn, where Melanie opened it in a flurry. "Thank the gods you're here! Come in, come in!" she said quickly pulling Kavanna inside. "You look great by the way! How have you been? Staying busy?" she said, all while walking towards the door that led to the actual pub portion of the inn.

"Yeah, I mean...wow...you guys are busy." Kavanna said, eyes widening as she stepped into the pub.

"And this is why we needed your help. There's a small festival happening down the street from here and we're swamped with customers. The inn is filled up. We just need you to wait on some of the customers. You're wow factor will really give us some hype!" she said with a grand smile, handing her an apron and walking into the back.

Kavanna hadn't ever been here when they were this busy. She didn't even know that anyone really came here. Although she did know they had fixed the place up a bit, she hadn't known that they were actually getting services a lot. They also added the pub after the old man died. Running the inn and the pub together was always a lot of work for the two of them, with their daughter to help whenever she wasn't in training sessions.

The entire pub was filled to the brim with hungry guests waiting for their meals. The task to wait on people was given to Kavanna. She wondered how well she would be able to do it...after all, it couldn't be that hard right?

She placed the apron around her waist and tied it in the back as Melanie left to supervise other things needing to be done.

"Lets get to this than." Kav said aloud before grabbing a small tray and placing a few drinks upon the surface. Everyone was talking, it was almost like a small restaurant of sorts.

"Would you like a drink, ma'am?" she said, her soft voice piercing the ears of the disgruntled woman at the table.

"You think I want a drink from your filthy hands!? Ugh, how did you even get hired here? And where's my food!? I've been waiting for almost an hour!" she screamed.

Kav's eyes widened at the sudden rude tones being used. A bright smile grew upon her face. "Ma'am, I'm the owner's sister and I'm just here helping out. You can either sit back and wait for your food, or we will have someone escort you out for poor behavior. Now, the choice is up to you." Kav said, that smug smile still upon her face.

The woman glared at her and looked off in a different direction, leaving Kav to simply roll her eyes and walk onto the next set of customers.

"Hello, would either of you like a complimentary drink for the wait?" Kav said, that same bright smile upon her face.

"Nah, I'm alright, thanks." one woman said.

"Oh, I'd actually love one, thank you!" her husband said taking a cup from the tray.

Kavanna nodded a bit with a smile and began to move on until she heard his voice once again.

"By the way, you can serve me anytime, sweetheart! Hahah!" he said with a chuckle. Then followed by the wife's sigh.

Kav stopped and shook her head a bit with a sigh, continuing on.

"Don't leave, baby! Come back! Hahahah!" the man cried out once again.

Kav spun around, walked over to the table with a cocky smile and sat the tray on the table.

"Back for more, honey?" he said, grinning from ear to ear.

Kavanna blinked a few times and glanced over at the wife who sat there with her arms crossed, glaring at her husband. Kav took a cup from the tray and quickly dumped it upon the man's head. "I have a husband, a*****e. And don't ever come back here again, okay? You are no longer welcome in this pub. Get out." she said, tossing the empty cup at the man, rolling her eyes, taking her tray, and beginning to walk away.

"How DARE you!? GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE b***h!" the man screamed, his orange eyes flaring. He flew up out of the chair and chased Kav through the crowd.

She turned around, eyes widened in horror; the man coming at her with a fist full of electricity.

"STOP!" a shriek came from a woman as a blast full of ice hit the man's body, flinging him back and up against a wall. The crowd sat in awe of the events that had just occurred.

The fuming woman walked up to the man who laid upon the ground in agony amongst the ice particles of the attack. She stood above him, catching her breath. "Get out of this pub, NOW. You are never welcome here again, UNDERSTOOD!?" she yelled, pointing to the door.

The wife of the man who had just caused all the commotion stood up, leaving as she shook her head.

Kav looked upon the man and her sister-in-law in total awe. She had never seen Melanie get so angry before...hell, she hadn't ever been angry. Stressed maybe a little, but never that angry.

The Aiskala Dovaa spun around, her ice blue eyes gleaming as she angrily made her way towards the kitchen, stopping only to say one thing to Kav, " Kitchen. Now."

Kavanna just slowly escaped into the kitchen with Mel as she watched the man make his way to his feet once again. "Mel, I'm so very sorry! I won't ever do that again, I promise. Ple-" she began, only to be cut off.

"It's fine, I'm just making sure you're okay. Heh, why don't you just leave it to us, okay? We need to hire a few new people and after the stunt that man just pulled out there...I have a feeling business will be slow from now on. Don't worry about it, Nadia will be coming home from her training soon and she'll work for us here. I can't believe her and Damian are already going to be Adepts. It's crazy that they were just babies in my mind. Anyways, I'm sorry you had to see me out there like that. Why don't you just go back to Naomi and take some dinner with you. I'm sure she'll enjoy some Dovaa cuisine made by professionals, heheheh." Melanie said, bringing a smile to her face by the end. How was she able to do that? Instantly turn from being so angry to just be happy-go-lucky once again?

Kav saw her smile, nodded, and thanked her for being so kind and for saving her from the punch to the face she would have no doubt obtained by that Kiandri Dovaa out there had she not been there. From there, she gathered a small pack of food and took it with her back to Serenia, where she wrote in her journal about the day's events.

User Image

The Celestial Fortress ❄ Dovaa Profiles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces