Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRV] Impatience of the fae (Morcant/Tegan/Laud'Kuryba)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:48 pm
Draping on a boulder, Tegan hummed to herself. After a moment, she rolled onto her back, stretching out. Sunlight filtered through the trees above, painting the pale pink lioness with mottled green spots of various shades. After a moment, she tilted her head 'up', looking at the lion examining the boulder below her. "Morcant, are you done yet? I think it's almost time to go romp through the forest singing!" Like a small cub, she was getting bored fast, ready for some sort of... Anything! Every day Morcant stared at this rock... What was so interesting about it, anyway? A rock was a rock was a rock was covered in moss and dirt and who knew what else. She paused, noticing a snail and rolling over to watch it slide along the rock. "Oooh, what a lovely little shell!"

"So easily distracted, aren't you, Tegan...?" Morcant reached a paw up, adjusting the polish-gem spectacles on his face. As he started to copy down something, though, the billowing cloth Tegan wore on her neck draped in his way. He let out a sigh, sitting back to look up at her. She looked back with a shining-eyed smile, and he couldn't help but smile himself. "What would my life be like without you, Tegan...?"

"Exceedingly boring." She crossed her forepaws one over the other, putting on a mock-serious face. But the Groundling wouldn't stay serious for long, soon ligting up with a new grin. "Are we done now?"

The male let out a bemused sigh, smiling. "Yes, yes... We're done now..." He shifted, carefully removing the wooden frame from his face, pushing it up into his mane. With careful work, it remained wedged there, allowing him to gather his things in his mouth. With a motion of his head, he started back for their den, Tegan jumping off the boulder to happily bound after him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:53 am
User Image Laud let out a full blown yawn. He had pulled another all nighter to get a costume along with jewelry completed. Staring blankly at his work for a few minutes to enjoy the greatness Laud shook himself awake before shouting for one of his assistants to bring the final product to the one who orderered.

He glanced over himself to make sure is fur looked perfect before gracefully wandering out in the sunshine. Others tended to stay away from him when he was this exhausted and Laud found it amusing to a point.

"Taking a break." He spoke over his shoulder not waiting for a response as he moved into a shaded cushioned grassy area.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:41 am
As he padded his way down the path, Morcant's eyes fell on a green blob. From the current distance, he couldn't make the other lion out, but he knew of few green lions within the pride. As they got closer, details became clearer, until Laud was very visible even to Morcant. "Good morrow, Laud, up all night again making costumes?" The scholar wasn't much for making costumes, and in fact paid them little attention, but he still enjoyed at least looking at them. Laud's always seemed particularly nice to him, showing off how much the green lion worked on them.

Bouncing along beside Morcant, Tegan happily sang, her scarf fluttering along with her. "Somebody left the gate ooopeeeen, you know we got lost on the way, come save us a runaway train, going insa-a-ane, how do we not faaade..." She stopped, skidding to a halt next to Morcant. "Oh, hello, Laud!" She bound over, greeting him by rubbing against him. Behind her, she could hear Morcant letting out an exasperated sigh. He'd made it clear to her before how much he wasn't fond of just HOW friendly she was. For a scholar, he seemed to be a bit possessive. She circled back around, giving the brown male a mischievous look, before going back and pressing against him. "Oh, stop being such a jealous fuddy-duddy! I'm only saying hello!"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 am
Laud had been staring off into the distance when a males voice shouted his name. He turned his big head before staring blankly at the other male wondering how the other knew him. "Morcant," He blurted out tiredly. "Um, yes a long night indeed and all that. Good day to you as well." Laud bristled a moment when the female rubbed against him before calming down. Laud couldn't help it as he wasn't really a touchy feline. "Hello Tegan," He nodded politely and with a bit of charm. "Do you two get lost again? Or were you just walking around the rogue lands?"

He blinked and thought back, " What song was that you were singing Tegan? Is it another you made up?" The female infront of him was like a bundle of energy and it made him exhausted just watching her move. He turned his body around as to not strain his neck.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:33 am
Reaching over and pulling Tegan down to sit, Morcant gave Laud a smile. "Oh, no, I was examining a painted rock some of the Groundlings left... I'm starting to wonder if they left it for lions like me to puzzle over for no other reason to do it..." He reached a paw up, moving his wood-crafted spectacles to rub his face. "As you can imagine, Tegan's been no help..." The scholar looked in bemusement over at the Groundling, one eyebrow up. How could she be at the same time so irritating, and so... Adorable? And how could he really think of anybody as adorable? It surprised him sometimes to think like that. Oh the power of Tegan..

The peach-colored lioness was distracted by the chain on Morcant's spectacles for a moment before she realized she'd been asked a question. Large blue eyes turned to the green lion, before her face lit up. "Oh, I just made it up, that's all!" She wiggled, then took on a serious look. "Laud, have you seen my brother and sister? They went poof one day, and I haven't seen them since..." She had no idea they'd actually flat-out LEFT. Not that she'd feel bad about it. After all, she adored her brother and sister. She then peeked around Laud. "What're ya making there?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm
"Oh I see," He had the wood-craft spectacles. They were rather nicely made and he would have to remember to ask where Morcant got them. "No help huh?" He found himself half-smiling, it must be nice to have a companion though; no matter how the inconvience at times. He turned to look at Tegan, "Truly?" He cocked his head. "You should try out for a performance one time, it wasn't half bad my dear." He absently removed a stray green feather that somehow got attached to his mane.

"No," Laud shook his head negatively. "I have not seen them sadly. Sometimes it comes a point in every lions life where change occurs. Maybe they wanted a change of scenery and moved elsewhere? Or!" A thought came to mind. "Perhaps they wanted to roam around for a bit before coming back?" He looked behind him to where she had gestured. "Oh, a few last minute rush orders. For some reason it has been busy as of late. It is good for business, but sometimes the hours blend together too quickly." He wandered over to his jewelery collection. "These are some of the costume jewelery that I may keep around to sell for myself."

With a gentle paw he picked up a wirier necklace that was laced with a crystal lilac purple stone and little pearl like stones surrounding it. "This is my lastest creation, do you like it?"

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:17 am
Tara de Draiocht

Tegan shook her head, scrunching her face up. "Oh, no, too many rules with that! I like the freedom of the fairy folk!" When it came down to it, the peach-colored lioness would probably never settle into the life of the more structured pride. As much as she followed Morcant around, even shared living quarters with him, she just couldn't wrap her mind around why anybody'd follow so many rules and laws and the like. She peeked at the green lion's creations, eyes widening with wonder. "Oh my... That's simply beautiful!" The way the light hit the crystal and pearl stones, it seemed to shimmer with a life all its own.

Adjusting his spectacles, Morcant also looked at the things Laud had made. "Very impressive work, Laud!" He blinked, his eyes looking quite large behind the carefully-crafted crystal lenses. He then chuckled, thinking of Tegan in any production. "I'm not sure you'd want a Groundling performing, Laud... They don't live by our rules of our society..." As far as he could tell, Groundlings barely had anything CALLED rules. He'd have to find their designated leader and ask about it at some point. "So, any big commissions coming up? If I find something of interest, I might be able to bring it to you if it's not attached to a boulder..." He'd found plenty like that, as if someone enjoyed playing practical jokes of that manner.  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:57 pm
"Of course it is," Laud nodded at her compliment not at all humble. That was just how his personality was. He was the best. "A very good point Morcant and-" He gestured to the scrolls off to the side. "-as you can see I have many, it could be overwhelming for others unlike me. I see this as a thrill, a challenge if you will. I wish I could talk further but I really must focus on another piece. A-" He squinted at his writing. "-ah. A ring for a lioness it would appear to be an lifebonding ring. Interesting...and time consuming. Oh please don't. A boulder? Could you imagine! Imagine all that work." Laud shook his head ruefully.

Andranis

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 pm
Tara de Draiocht
OMG, I think we can call this last post each and done xd ; Since this has been failreplies from us both(I'm as much at fault for forgetting to reply crying ; ), and kinda dragged on long enough xd ;

Tegan peeked at the writing, eyes going cross after a moment. "I can't understand any of that..." Then again, like most lions, she couldn't read. Morcant had tried, but failed spectacularly. Hard-core groundlings were impossible to teach, it seemed. Her brother and sister would probably take better to it.

Something caught the lioness' eye and she suddenly went bouncing off, a smile on her face. Whatever it was, it was sure interesting! "Morcant, look at this! It's AMAZING!"

Like Tegan, Morcant walked over to look at Laud's notes, but unlike Tegan he actually knew what they said. Roughly. He was too used to his own pawmanship, as it were. "A ring... Good luck with that." He then smiled. "Don't worry, I won't bring a rock to you."

His attention was caught by Tegan, as the clay-brown lion let out an exasperated sigh. "I'll see you around, Laud. Tegan calls..." He turned and went after the lioness, ears folding back. "Tegan, don't touch that, it's not yours and you might break it! We've talked about this!"

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games