Welcome to Gaia! ::

Met'hemel Island

Back to Guilds

In the Fire of Chaos we live. In the Chill of Emberfrost we die. 

Tags: Fantasy, Powers, Demon, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply ✫ Favorite Threads
Briareos's Lab - Briar and Dara - PUI Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:22 am

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

. . .I see the world through a looking glass. . .

Emerging from his lab, only due to the lack of supplies, not down to wanten at all, the young Mechanik wandered through the grounds and roads, his boots leading him to town.

Glancing up only as his black and gold boots found cobbled street he smiled wryly and lowered the large brassy headphones from his ears the head strap wrapping about his neck like a lovers warm hand.

Sighing he stuck his hands in the pockets of his suit trousers, thumbs finding the soft fabric of the cotton shirt underneath, the cold bite of the golden gun at his side flooding through his shirt to the soft skin of his bicep, another friend to him, though he found occasion to use it twice since he made it he was never with out.

Flicking the goggles that adorned his head he listened with satisfaction to the low hum that rung from the metal as he took another moment to survey the world around him, before taking a step out and moving slowly with little purpose through the town, he was here for a reason he knew but it never hurt to explore.

. . .I so Desperately want to fall through. . .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 am

Ðдɼдđϊη Ғʅøɼɀ

It was taking far to long to get through all the chores and project that Daradin had planned on doing today. He had though that the stores people within the town would be more cooperative to his suggestion of selling his things in their shops. Not only bring in more people but he would give part of sales to them obviously. He had to make a living somehow, even though he wasn't short on money.

Trinkets he made weren't so horrible to get the shop owner to sell, the elderly lady found herself interested in them. Aside from her the others were a bit more of a struggle to convince. And right then the weapon's and supply shop owner, a burly man with a constant scowl made young Daradin nervous but he stood his ground.

"But sir, selling these kinds of weapons will bring in great profit...for us both. Many students would be very willing to pay for the things I make. Its a win win situation for the both of us," he said firmly as he could still holding a mechanical glove that slipped over a hand and forearm that had a retractable blade within.

The store owner seemed less then pleased to let in any products that weren't his or of well known origins. "This isn't a place for a kiddo like you to make a buck or two squirt."

Dari scowled at the man. "Your insults are uncalled for Sir. And these are worth far more then a buck or two, try a couple hundred. My family is praised for their workmanship I'll have you know. If you insist on turning me away I will merely find someone else to sell my things and gain profit."

The shop owner pressed his lips together and cross his arms over his wide chest, clearly trying to intimidate the young demon-mage, and it was working. Still though the shop owner was positive if he wanted to accept the child's offer or pass it to a competition shop.

Oº°¨ ¨°ºO

Nemo Noctum
Vice Captain

Shadowy Guildswoman

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 am

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

Choosing a shop at random he smiled as he saw that it was a weapons shop, shrugging to himself he wandered around, listening to the conversation that was taking place, his curiosity spiked by the family mention, wandering over he nodded to the shop keep and stood beside the man with the horns and the contraption in his hand.

"Can i take a look?" he asked holding out his hand taking the glove as it was placed in his grip, turning it over in his hands he looked at the mechanics and parts of the glove, slipping it onto his exposed forearm and hand he triggered the mechanism and smiled softly to himself, his mind doing several complicated calculations as he figured out how to make the glove more appealing to the shop keep.

"Have you thought of thinning the metal of the blade by an eighth, it will allow the blade to exit its housing smoother and faster, as for the glove, maybe more of a bracelet type look, something that sits over the forearm rather than the hand as well, maybe the addition of blade wards so the less experienced don't nic themselves upon use" he offered gently, he smooth husky voice flowing out as his blue eyes glittered under his mop of chocolate brown hair.

Placing the glove back in the rightful owners hand he shrugged and took a step back, "Though please do only take them as suggestions"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 am

Ðдɼдđϊη Ғʅøɼɀ

Like any stores, there were customers all around and coming and out. However, a particular one came seemingly out of no where and asked Daradin if he'd be allowed to see the piece of work he held in his hands. "U-Ummm...I guess..." he murmured and placed the weapon into the man's hands.

From the way he gazed at it Dara was able to quickly tell that this man was also a person of the building trade. Not only his gaze but also his attire made the young demon mage believe he was correct in his assumptions. Those assumptions confirmed as the complete stranger critiqued and offered up suggestions for the weapon he had reacted. There was no stopping the blush that showed on Daradin's cheeks. He wasn't sure if he should feel insulted or happy at the suggestions. Above all that, was the fact that the man he didn't know said all that in front of the shop keeper. Looking up at the burly man Dara knew the answer before he even said anything.

"Why don't you come back in year or two when you figure out what you're doing kiddo. Clearly if a man can walk in and ramble off those sorts of suggestions, clearly your work isn't up to this shops standards."

The rough voice that he spoke in and continuing to belittle Daradin, he felt the p***k of tears in his eyes. But he struggled not to show them, rather scowled at the shop keeper. Looking to the man that had just walked in, it clearly was his fault...or maybe a bit of his as well. He would have had the shop keeper's agreement if he hadn't walked in.

"Thank you for the suggestions, I'll keep all those suggestions in mind from now on," he said in a sharp tone as Daradin clutched his weapon to his chest and stepped around the customer heading toward the door of the shop.

Oº°¨ ¨°ºO

Nemo Noctum
Vice Captain

Shadowy Guildswoman

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 am

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

Lifting his eyes in a rare moment he fixed a hard, cold, venomous glare on the shop keeper, "A couple of years. . .you obviously do not understand the adaptive rate of a mechanic, what i find more offence in other than your lack of time judgement of course, is your obvious idiocy of anything that this man and myself do, take this for example"

Reaching into the pouch that hung from the belt that slung low across his hips, it could be seen to be adorned with scrolls and rolled up notes as he pulled out a tiny bird, obvious in its presentation that it was built of sheet metal and cogs, wiring and mechanisms and things of the like, but as it met the dingy light of the shop the little bird unfurled its mechanic wings and from its beak came the song of a nightingale.

"To you it is a toy, a trinket, to me that little bird represents six long months of work and love of labour, if i were to sell that to you, you would sell it as a toy, or my gun for example, hand crafted by me, the firing mecanisim, hand made by me, the bullets in the gun made by me, to you it is another little thing for you to sell, to myself its another representation of my soul, what i live and breath for, so if you will so easily dismiss another's work then grossly misdirect him in your idiotic assumption of time to adjust then you Sir, are not worth selling it to"

Turning on his heel the Mechaniks rarely seen eyes fell back to their downwards glance as he left the shop, brushing gently past the one with the glove, making for the park Briar paid no attention to anything but his destination, the nightingale following lazily behind him, resting on his shoulder every now and then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Ðдɼдđϊη Ғʅøɼɀ

Had the stranger spoken directly to Dara, he probably would have kept walking, but that wasn't the case. Rather the stranger addressed the shop keeper and that drew the young mage's attention. Stopping where he stood Daradin, looked over his shoulder while the chocolate haired young man literally chewed the burly man out. Which surprised the store owner as much as Dara.

This man clearly knew what he was doing if he was able to say such things. And the little mechanical bird instantly caught the demon's attention; his expression awe struck and intense. The sound was so natural for a machine it was a master piece. The conversation between the two men instantly was at the background of Daradin's thoughts as he eyed the object with a calculating gaze.

Only when the human appearing male walked past him that Daradin looked to him only to find his eyes on the floor. Not wanting to stay any longer specially with a now pissed of weapon's owner, the demon-mage quietly followed the stranger, keeping a safe distance of course. Soon finding that Dara was led to the park by the stranger with a mechanical bird on his shoulder.

Hiding behind a wide trunk of a tree, Dara observed the handsome man.

Oº°¨ ¨°ºO

Nemo Noctum
Vice Captain

Shadowy Guildswoman

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:30 pm

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

Flinging himself heavily down onto a bench in the park, Briar paid little mind to his little bird fluttering around his head.

His attention was diverted from the patch of his suit trousers he had become transfixed upon, when a small wiggling could be seen from his waistcoat pocket and out from under the cloth flap out popped a tiny women with delicate golden limbs and the grace of a dancer, another one of the Mechanik's life like creations.

Pulling herself up and over the lip of the pocket she slid down the front of the silky black material and sat delicately on the pad of Briar's thumb, her tiny hand curling around the edge of his thumb as her little legs crossed under her, no taller than six inches she sighed gently, flicking her copper strand hair over her shoulder. "You know Master you take far to much offence sometimes, some people are just natural born idiots" patting her tiny dolls dress smooth she looked up at Briar with her glass pebble eyes.

Smiling softly the Mechanik pushed his hair back from his eyes, his thunder blue orbs on full show for a rare moment "I wasn't putting the young man down, but that idiot shop keeper took it upon himself to be a fool. . .is it truly my fault i got a tad defensive of the young man" he asked softly, shrugging gently.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Ðдɼдđϊη Ғʅøɼɀ

From behind his tree, half hidden to the view of the young man, he watched. Watched intently and that much more when a little creature that reminded him of a little pixie came out from the man's pocket. Curious, he wondered if it was a creation like the mechanical bird, or an actual living companion. Because Dara wasn't sure what it was, because it was shockingly life like, more so as it spoke and the man spoke back to it.

They were talking about him, well sort of. Daradin suddenly felt bad and a twinge of guilt in his chest. He had snapped at the man for really no reason. It was miss placed in a way, it was the shop keeper that turned him down..he still could have had the man not been there and spoke. He was glad though that he had now, because Dara wouldn't want to be in business with that man anyway.

Taking a deep breath to calm his nervousness, Dara slowly walked up to the stranger, stopping a few feet away with his hands behind his back. "I...I'm sorry for snapping at you...its was uncalled for; I wasn't mad at you rather the shop keeper," Dara spoke up softly looking dejectedly at the ground at the man's feet.

Oº°¨ ¨°ºO

Nemo Noctum
Vice Captain

Shadowy Guildswoman

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 pm

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

Startled a little by the addition of a voice to his little bubble Briar looked up, thundery eyes fixing on the man from the shop, Tink herself stopped mid movement and turned on one little metal foot and looked at the new one, her little glass pebble eyes though featureless seemingly studying him.

From as close as he was now, if he were to look up he would be able to tell that indeed she was hand made, though given life and feeling by her master she was but metal and mechanism, something she had loathed when 'born' but had grown to love.

Briar himself smiled softly, "Its quite allright, i tend to be. . .shall we say, heavy handed in my attempts to help" he said gently, shuffling up alittle on the bench, the nightingale and Tink settling on Briar's leg to watch to see whether the strange new man would sit down.

Tink herself spoke to the man now, her tiny little limbs taking sure and delicate movements towards him, waiting to step up onto his hand if he were to offer it so that she could talk to him properly, "You know, you and master are so alike its funny, he spends all his time looking at the floor aswell" she said with a gentle laugh, a sound so small and sweet it was like that of a small bell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Ðдɼдđϊη Ғʅøɼɀ

Looking up slightly, gazing through his teal green bangs the young demon noted how the man too was looking down. But really his attention was on the little woman mechanical creature. And she was mechanical now he could tell as he was closer. But she looked so real at the same time it was astounding really to Dara.

"It's alright...it's much appreciated, I've decided to go else where anyway, I don't need extra trouble like a lousy shop keeper when I'm trying to sell my things...I should be thanking you," he said before giving a soft smile. "...so thank you."

That was when the little creature girl spoke up and Daradin gapped her slightly. Not just because her voice was so clear and life like, but rather for her words. Flustered slightly Dara blushed and straightened to show it wasn't true. "I-I do not...I just...not good with strangers..." he stuttered out not sure if that really explained everything or not.

Looking at her thought, he noted her eagerness to be near him. Sticking with that in mind, he stepped closer and held out his hand for her. "She's beautiful by the way..."

Oº°¨ ¨°ºO

Nemo Noctum
Vice Captain

Shadowy Guildswoman

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:32 pm

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

Jerking a thumb over her shoulder as she delicately hoped from Briar's leg to the man's hand she smiled a little her pebble eyes twinkling, "Where as he's just not good with people" she said, her tiny chiming laugh ringing out again.

Shaking his head Briar sighed, but smiled as well, "Dont thank me, i rectified what otherwise of been a harmful situation" he said gently, proving Tink's point, "Briareos by the way, but you can call me Briar" he was about to introduce Tink but the little lady spoke up herself, "And im Tink, his pocket conscious" turning on the spot she stuck her tiny tongue out at Briar, "Bet you wish you hadn't given me a sense of humor" she said waggling her bum and laughing before spinning around folding herself neatly into the crook of the man's palm her hand resting on the pad of his thumb as her copper hair pooled behind her in his hand.

As her jade pebble studied him, Briar found himself studying him too from under his chocolate fringe, the small braid that was the rest of his hair falling down his shoulder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Ðдɼдđϊη Ғʅøɼɀ

At the little creature's laughter, he chuckled lightly with her, awkwardly ruffling his bangs unsure how to reply to that. But he was saved from that as the man spoke up and declined his comment of thanks. Dara just smiled and left it at that as the Brair introduced himself and Tink did the same.

At the comment of pocket conscience he laughed softly. "I see, well an impressive pocket conscience you are Miss Tink," he said politely, feeling how light she was, yet very much made of medal and gears beneath all that hair and clothing. Turning to Brair he straightened slightly and smiled a bit more warmly. "I'm Daradin Florz, but you can call me Dara...pleasure to meet you. I hope you don't mind me saying that you're workmanship is unbelievable, I admire it truly."

Not sure if he should sit down yet, Dara remained standing.

Oº°¨ ¨°ºO

Nemo Noctum
Vice Captain

Shadowy Guildswoman

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 pm

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

"Thank you" Briar said softly, he wasn't used to his work being complimented, possibly due to the fact he kept it hidden in his lab all the time. but at this the mechanik turned alittle in his seat and drew his legs up so they crossed underneath him on the bench, sweeping a hand through his hair he pushed the heavy fringe back from his eyes his fingers brushing against the cold metal of his goggles, the bird alighted on the tips of Dara's fingers for a moment, its little head tilting slightly as it imitated the life of the birds around it.

"Your work is impressive as well, i do have to admit, like i said they were only suggestions" shrugging his well muscled shoulders mechina mage smiled alittle. "Now if we were back in my home town i would have taken you to see Bella, she has a fascination with concealable weaponry"

Smiling Tink picked herself up of the palm of Dara's hand and proceeded to walk up his forearm, using the folds of his clothes as hand holds and climbing paths she soon made it to his shoulder settling herself on the slope of his muscle and bone right by his ear, absent mindedly picking up a strand of the demons hair and playing with it, coiling it through her small hands, "What are you big people made of?" she mused quietly, "Im metal and gears, cogs and wires, bits of glass and the such, but you big people, your all soft and pokable. . .definitely not metal" she ended with a nod, not really talking to any one inparticular, Briar was used to her musing, but he wondered how Dara would respond to his new shoulder imp.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Ðдɼдđϊη Ғʅøɼɀ

"You're welcome..." he murmured.

Dara wasn't expecting to get more compliments on his works, but blushed a little as Brair did so. More appreciative of the man's suggestions now out of the stressful situation with the shop owner. Hearing that Brair would have had him meet a fried of his it made Daradin smile.

"Weapons are my main source of projects but they aren't my favorite, they are just what my race is known for and sell the best," he said in an even indifferent fashion. "What I'd love to learn more about and work on more are things like Tink and your bird here, but I also do music boxes as well."

Dara's attention was then directed to Tink as she boldly climbed up his arm. Weird and interesting as it was, he smiled softly as she placed herself on his shoulder and playing with the long strands of his bangs. Lightly scratching his cheek with a claw, he thought about how to answer her question.

"...well simply put...we're made up of flesh and bone, built from really small cells that came up living things...." he gave an awkward chuckle. "...I didn't explain that very well did I, biology was never my strongest subject."

Oº°¨ ¨°ºO

Nemo Noctum
Vice Captain

Shadowy Guildswoman

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Nerd 50

Rikiu-Ann-Sonata
Captain

Beloved Rogue

7,450 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:45 pm

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↔ Briareos Martin James

Arching an eyebrow the littl ewomen smiled softly, however Briar rolled his eyes, "Your going to regret saying that" Briar said with a chuckle, settling back alittle but still watching both his creation and Dara converse and interact.

Tink cleared her metal throat gently before speaking, "Well in that case then, judging on the theory that bones and flesh are made of tiny cells, i suppose the same could be said for what im made of, though im made of molecules, bits of elements made solid, isn't that really what it comes down to you big people being made of, bits of elements made solid?" Standing Tink leaned round Dara's cheek alittle, looking up at Dara with her jade pebble eyes as Briar sat quite still, his fingers moving in a pattern, drawing symbols through the air, mentally drawing, calculating and planning his next project and what dimensions he would need and such things, the power he would supply, the materials, he would buy but improve as he always did.

"So Tink. . .what your saying is the gold your made from is a living flesh?" he offered softly, humouring the small women, though secretly enjoying having more than her and the bird around for company he would not admit it, not comfortably however.

✫ Favorite Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games