Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[prp] the beauty of these lands (Faris x Gin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:10 pm
User Image

Gin yawned as he uncurled from a ball inside of a den located very close to his parents. He was still dependent on them in a lot of ways, mostly because he'd been born and raised in a pride that was very family oriented. Though... many family members had disappeared over the last many moons. He was sure it had to do with the droughts affecting the lands, things like that. He tried not to think too hard about it, it was always a little sad.

He stretched out his limbs one by one before exiting his dwelling, smiling lightly as he looked around. Perhaps today he would go on a hunt for the pride... he sighed deeply. Things just were not the same as when he was a cub.

He took off in an easy lope over the lands, heading for an area well known for it's small population of game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 pm
User Image
He had been awake for a few hours now, and what miserable hours they had been! Faris was located precisely where Gin was headed at that moment, and had somehow managed to fail at least two hunting attempts. It was just a bad day, he was sure. The lion was usually a decent enough hunter. Really, he was.

But not today.

Who the heck got kicked in the face by a gazelle? Seriously? He sat, a paw up to rub his nose, ears low and brows furrowed. This was just pathetic. He had been hoping to get himself a meal early in the day, and now he had probably gone off and alerted all the prey in the area. It might be a while before the creatures weren't too skittish to actually hunt.

This wasn't fun at all.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:50 pm
    It wasn't long before Gin caught a flicker of white in the distance, likely one of his closer relations. He was fairly certain the white pelt color came from his grandmother, if he wasn't mistaken. And the tell-tale pink of his father's mane! He had not gotten any pink, actually. In fact, he didn't look much like either of his parents. His father was extremely dark with a flashy pink mane, his mother a bright and beautiful green. He didn't mind so much, he knew he was fated to be constantly different in a pride so full of lions with very few non-lion members, himself only being half.

Ah! It was Faris! One of his many, many cousins! He felt that most of the members in the lands wanted large families... but it was hard when it was mostly blood-related in the pride. Gin wasn't sure about the whole family deal... "Oi, hey Faris!" He called out, forgetting that the whole point of a hunting trip was to be quiet. He was just glad for a bit of company.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 pm
He had hardly expected to be caught in such a pathetic position, yet somehow it just seemed to fit in very well with such a bad start to the day. Faris' ears flattened briefly at the sound of a voice, and he wondered if the day could get worse. It's not that Faris was an antisocial lion, or usually avoided family. It's just he was grumpy because of his pathetic hunt attempts. That was all.

Still, he lowered his paw from his once and turned to see an approaching cousin. One of the leopons. "Hello, Gin." He returned the greeting, though perhaps he sounded less enthused about it. At least, as far as Faris could recall, the leopon was a fairly pleasant fellow.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 pm
    He wondered what Faris was doing exactly, looking and acting as he was. He wasn't surprised that he didn't seem too enthused about the meeting as Gin did... their family had a large array of personalities. Though the most common was either very grumpy, slightly grumpy, very happy and easy going or someone... just plain silly. Gin tried not to ever act grumpy or sour towards his family, even on the rare bad day. So he just grinned at the other male.

"What are you doing? Some sort of game?" Though he couldn't imagine what kind of game one would play with one's self. It seemed a little lacking, didn't it? "Or maybe in deep thought? Did I interrupt?" Maybe that was why he was in a bad mood.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:32 pm
Faris was never one to lie, but he was okay with half-truths. "Oh no, not at all. Just a hunting accident." He waved it off casually, and decided he should chose between getting kicked in the nose by a gazelle, or faceplanting. It was hard to think which was less humiliating. But since Gin hadn't asked exactly what yet, he felt no need to tell him. Hopefully he wouldn't.

"How are you this morning?" He asked casually, hoping to get attention away from his nose.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:23 pm
    "Oh! A hunting accident! Do those happen a lot?" He frowned, trying to think. He didn't go hunting often... probably less than he should have considering he was a hunter in the pride. He shuddered. "Well, doesn't look that bad to me!"

He grinned at the friendly question head tilting. "Hmmm." Overall he felt quite well! "Very good, today feels like a good... nice day." He nodded thoughtfully. "What about you, having a good morning?" He didn't put the fact that his cousin had had a hunting accident and the fact that that really didn't make for a good morning into consideration.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:36 pm
"No, they don't." He said, which was a pretty good thing. Imagine if Faris had to deal with such stupidities every day. That would just be awful, and unbearable. And awful. And stupid. He decided he best not grump for very long, though, Gin wasn't seeming to pick up on anything, or mock him. So all was good, maybe he could just cheer up, and have more luck later.

... That was a very weird question, considering Faris had just said he'd been injured. But he contained himself. "...Yes, I'm having a good morning." A lie, but it was innocent enough.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:54 pm
    He nodded more. "It's good to have good mornings. You know, I was just on my hunt. Want some company? Not that great at it you know but I do try! Just not my mound of termites or something like that... actually that was a horrible saying... I wouldn't want termites anywhere near me!" He chuckled and shook his head.

He cleared his throat, his larger and fluffier tail wrapping slightly around his hind paw. "I mean, I'm sure two sets of eyes would be better?" Group hunts were common, after all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 pm
That seemed like a redundant statement, and Faris might have pointed it out, but he figured it would be silly. Just let Gin go about, saying good mornings were good. If it pleased him, anyways. Or maybe just because he needed to say things.

He honestly wasn't so sure he wanted company, because Faris still had to chase away some of his irritation from the bad hunts. But he'd been raised to be a nice lion, and acted accordingly. "That sounds like a good idea." He said with a nod, and stood up, giving his nose an experimental wiggle. Yes, it was doing fine. "I think the gazelles are regrouping over there." He indicated a random direction, because it did look like there were some animals there. Gazelles weren't exactly lion sized meals, but.. they worked.

"Come on," He said, standing up and heading that way. They might as well get started.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:37 pm
END

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items