Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."That is something I too have noticed; it is true that your daughter is quite friendly and seems fearless, but a close relationship with a host can lead only to heartbreak." No matter how much one also cared for the deity within, if your heart was warmer toward the host, when they were finally taken over wholly...you'd be hurt, mourning your 'lost' friend/loved one. Yu's host, the Fragment, hadn't really had that problem...and when he had taken over, he'd merged part of the beast into himself while still remaining himself.

"You succeed, my friend. More should know it, just as more should know your influence." Xia Lu Ling chuffed a bit, tail moving slowly from side to side, thumping against his legs now and again.

"Pity. This world could use some Love...although it is true that some... re-population is needed, there are many other reasons for your influence to flourish now." With his great head cocked to one side, Yu regarded Rio solemnly; did he not realize that he was not alone? So many of the reborn Gods and Goddesses had not "gotten around" to expanding their influence and whatnot either - some did try, others...seemed unable to. "Believe me, there is nothing so pleasing to the mind, heart and body as connecting with another in love - be it lust-tinged or otherwise."

This he knew personally - very well, actually. Did he not have Ashoka? His Aoide? Yes, and there was also the Priest...to say the least, Yu did not want for "physical" company. "Even so, who says that we must work miracles here - there are so many Worlds...I know well some must now feel your Touch strongly. All beings need Love."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:50 pm
"Don't I know it," Rio agreed with a shake of his head. And Adi had never really lost anyone before, except for a floox, which, while they were adorable and lovable and very much her friends, was not quite the same as a person. She was going to get her heart broken, sooner or later, and there was nothing he could do to prevent it. Which was a...difficult thought.

"Love gets on well enough without me, more often than not," the god noted with a small smile. "Otherwise, there would have been real problems long before now."

Meepfur

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:28 pm
Yu snorted, Rio seemed to feel that his personal touch was unneeded, but the Dragon King felt - and believed - otherwise. But then, he'd come to understand that the Love God was a bit of a homebody, a handsome and dashing homebody, but still one just the same. Possibly because of the children, perhaps not; without being told Xia Lu Ling could only surmise Rio's reasons.

"True, though I think it must be better with your direct influence." He tilted his head a bit, expression thoughtful and kind of...far-away momentarily. "It is true enough that Love finds a way...I have seen it first-hand, with the Twin Crown and Silence or as with the Fragment and Ashoka."

That had been a love-match...kind of? At the start, no, but by the time Yu merged parts of the Fragment with himself, the beast had cared for her as well as he could. In any other being, it would have been called love; and now Yu cared for the Pardess and children with deep affection in his great heart.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm
It was true. He still didn't realize it himself, but Love was very much a homebody - happily oblivious to it, but a homebody nonetheless. It was easy and comfortable.

"Possibly," Rio allowed with a nod, "Though short of showering everyone in candy, there's not terribly much that I can actually do. I am...not the most impressive god, when it comes to magical feats." True, he could make people fall in love - one at a time - but that he tended to keep to himself.

Excuses. He always had plenty of them.

Meepfur

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:04 am
Excuses, excuses. Yu the Five Claws gave Rio a look that when interpreted was plainly an expression of exasperation. "Your powers are stronger than that, Rio. Look at Tian Yue, he thought he could only shield himself, a small space, but with reflection and thought he reclaimed his title and helped protect everyone during Gehenna."

The Dragon King was thinking that perhaps he would need to physically drag Rio out of the Pantheon and beat him out of this...funk he seemed to be in. Funk wasn't really the word, but it was the closest thing that Yu's brain could whip up.

"I have a boon to ask of you." A thought had pricked in his brain - something to perhaps help Rio...and help the Dragon King's servant! "Help Blessed. The child has a past that wounds still, tragedy that does not heal. I know she met with you before...enjoyed your company. Would you see her again?" Yu cared for Blessed as though she too were one of his children; but her past was horrible and full of horrors, she had seen things, done things and had things done to her that no child should experience. It had left her extremely distrustful of men - Yu didn't count, he was a GOD...by the same token, Rio almost didn't count (but he looked so human, she did get anxious).

"In return, I will owe you a boon - be it a favor or physical thing - if it is my power to do it, I will." The tip of Yu's tail twitched with anticipation, though it might have appeared to be angry. "What say you, Love?"

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff