Reply Old Topics
Gaia making space? Asking Mods here

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:48 pm
Hey folks I just received this PM from a friend of mine I talk from time to time. She sent this to a number of friends on her list and its reeking of SPAM. Just wanted to make sure people know what to look for and report it as I have already reported it.

Sorry that I had to send this message. Since Gaia has recently become very popular, has become the many complaints that Gaia has become unacceptably slow. The report shows that the reason is that Gaia has a number of non-active members and, secondly, many new Gaia members.
We want to send this message to see whether you're active members or not. If you're active, can you send this message to at least 10-15 users. Use the "Copy - Cut and Paste" to show that you are still active. Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks in, will be removed in order to get more space
Send this message to your friends to show me that you are still active, and do not want to be removed.

Again this reeks of SPAM so if anyone gets this in their inbox. Please report it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:26 pm
Spam indeed. People who create these things should really try to learn better grammar. I found myself having to reread parts of it a few times over because the sentence structure was a bit off. Plus, everyone knows that any official Gaia stuff would either be an announcement or sent directly from a site moderator/admin/npc rather than be a chain letter passed along via users.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:44 pm
Thanks for the heads up ~ will sticky this so it's seen. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:10 pm
Some people just got too much time on their hands, man. *shakes head* emotion_eyebrow  

ColourMine

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 pm
Yeah, that looks like SPAM to me as well. Thanks for letting us know, Liada.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:58 pm
No worries, Knowing is half the battle right? mrgreen  

Liada Trovaras

Old Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas